Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,994 reviews matching the search See all 2,355 reviews
Old navy cashier sales associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 18, 2018
It’s a great job to start out with gain a lot of experience . Just make sure you speak to manager on anything you have difficulties with great thing is they will hear you out
Poorly managed
Warehouse Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYNovember 16, 2018
Horrible managers and extremely low job security , people who worked their for years being fired on the spot for taking one to many sick days due to CANCER was what inspired me to leave
Used to be a good place to work
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYNovember 16, 2018
They have a high turnover in help which is poorly trained learned how to operate a package sorter had good and bad management it was fast paced hardest part was the hours most enjoyable was co-workers
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Human resources
Horrible Supervision
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYNovember 13, 2018
The supervision is absolutely horrible! They WILL set you up for failure! They NEVER admire your hard work yet if you drop a dust on the floor, they will YELL and threaten to write you up and potentially fire you. What you hear about this place is right! People come in and out of this place. They will see this review and NOTHING will get done. If you are a parent, I'm not saying don't sign your teenagers up for this, but listen to them if they are talking bad about this place he/she will most likely be right! People that have been there for years are getting fired and in a couple years, it will be a ghost town in that warehouse.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Great staff and flexible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed helping customers.
I was able to use my creative skills with the store and window displays.
I appreciated the standards that Gap stood for and their involvement in the community.
Enjoyable environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgehampton, NYNovember 9, 2018
I have worked their part time for 4 years. I really love Gap clothes and enjoy what we are selling. I find it a busy and fun environment and will continue to work at Gap.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2018
Gap was an amazing experience , work was a second family to me. It was a family environment and helped me get a good first job and a great perspective about what to look for in upcoming jobs to have.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not flexible with hours that I needed at that time
Productive and flexiable
Gap (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2018
A typical day at gap was walking into the break room and resting for a matter of 6 minuets after that time was up you would have to clock into a machine posted right outside of the double doors. Then you would walk around the building until you arrived in this little area located in the building and from there the supervisors would start the day off by stretching and giving us important information that we needed to hear.
A good part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2018
It was a good experience. A huge team to work . No commission or bonuses but hourly was ok. Also I have got a few recognitions for being a top saler if the brand credit card. Very flexible schedule and days off.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 23, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. I came in having no experience what so ever , and the managers/ other employees really helped me with learning everything.
November 7, 2018

This is what we love to hear! We believe in the value of teaching skills that our employees can use on the job, but also outside of work too.

Fun and productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 21, 2018
I would love to work for Gap Inc again. I also would recommend gap inc to anyone who I feel would love gap inc as much as I do. My supervisor and manager both were amazing people and they put all effort into employees.
November 7, 2018

We are so glad to hear of your experience! Thank you for recommending Gap Inc. as an employer. We're always looking for great people to join our team!

it’s a nice place to work at
Community Leader, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 20, 2018
Gap Inc is a great place to work at. I really recommend this place to any and everyone. Gap Inc has great benefits and the work area is friendly. GO FOR IT.
November 7, 2018

This is what we love to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience and recommending us as an employer!

If you have values, this is NOT the place for you
Picker (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 19, 2018
A typical day depends on what you are doing and what department you are in; they only want people looking for careers who want full-time employment. The culture here is the worst I have seen.

I was at break, and a black male yelled out, "Hands up, don't shoot." This is the kind of people that are the majority here. There is also a hotline to report theft; it is used to make false accusations and target people who are not liked. Management does not have the good sense to know the difference. It is a liberal company, so it is to be expected.

I have worked for a lot less and been around a much better class of people. A lead made the smart remark about people not wanting to work, and that is partially true; however, it is not usually the job, it is the people. When you are having to deal with hateful, backbiting, troublemakers you really begin to wonder what the point of coming in here is, especially when just thinking of coming in here makes the bile rise up in your throat because of the basely ignorant troublemakers in this place. It pays the bills, but that is really the only benefit. It is not friendly to students or anyone just looking for a job instead of a career.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else
Gap inc. Nyc
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
Based on my personal experience, I see a not-so-fair balance of pros and cons. What started off as a good entry-level job turned into an urban inferno. It's almost 3 months (with a total of 7 months of working in retail overall) since I've been working there, but you are most likely going to realize the harsh truth within a month of working there. I'm grateful that this company provided me some work after I moved to New York, but then again, it won't be enough to support your living and family, no matter how big or small your expenses are. In order to be an effective sales associate, you need to have the following: Strong Mindset, Strong Outgoing Personality, Little to No Social Anxiety, Strong Multitasking, Constant Communication, and most importantly, the ability to speak Spanish (or Chinese) because your customers may have little or no English proficiency. But as a person with Autism, it's going to be twice as hard on you compared to others (but if you are willing to apply anyways, good luck and stay strong!)
Pros
Great Entry-Level Job, Decent Pay, Perks and Discounts (especially on Movie Tickets), Flexible Schedule, Helpful Co-workers, a Helpful Device designed to make transactions faster
Cons
Less Hours given, Your breaks will feel fast, Co-workers are rude, Customers are super rude, the "Helpful device" mentioned on my Pros will malfunction randomly, Pay is not enough to cover your expenses, Mentally Stressful, Brutal Environment, Managers care more about their goals than you as workers, sometimes there will be discrimination
November 7, 2018

We appreciate hearing of your perspective. We strongly believe in the overall well-being of our employees. We'll keep your feedback in mind as we continue to implement resources to best support our teams.

Fun workplace, Good Traing
Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2018
I honestly appreciate Old Navy for teaching young teens such as myself good working skills such as Cashier and Communication skills, I learned alot in such short timing.
Pros
9/10 they provide snacks in the lunch room
Cons
Short breaks, you really have to want to learn the responsibilities, the culture was not welcoming but respectful
November 7, 2018

Thank you for the review. This is what we love to hear! We believe in the value of teaching skills that our employees can use on the job, but also outside of work as well.

Good start for college student/ part timers.
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 17, 2018
Gap is the best warehouse job i've had but the company as a whole loves to step on/ push out people for a bottom line.
When i was there, there was heavy investment from the company to automate the workforce. Because of that and the fact the most of the clothes seemed to come from slave-labor countries, I cannot in good conscious support this company.
Great job for young adults and people in college
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
I would love to work there again if I was given more hours. Break room and bathroom are always clean. Co-worker are easy to get along with. Positive environment.
Pros
Cable in break room
Cons
Not enough hours to make a living.
Exellent work place
Marchandise prosessor (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 9, 2018
Excellent and safe work place a lot of opportunities and lot of overtime and good benefits my first day at was very fun I meet many people different cultures and make friends.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2018
Fun environment, very easy
A con must be not getting scheduled if you dont sell the brand credit card. Not everyone can do it but for me it’s easy. I just feel bad for those who don’t get scheduled for selling the card.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No hours
October 19, 2018

We've read your comments about selling credit cards. We are in the process of rolling out our BRIGHT Rewards Program which will allow us to get to know our customers without the requiring them to sign up for a card. We hope this will improve the overall experience for our customers and employees. Thank you for your review.

Love it
Gap Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAOctober 3, 2018
Love the people Love the environment love the staff customer are welcoming with everybody always a good moment your get long and short shifts depending on if you are in school or working more than one job
Pros
Great discount at the the sister store
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Gap Inc..

Powered by Comparably