Gap Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Gap Inc.:

Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA27 reviews
My time at GAP Inc. was short, but enjoyable. It could be stressful during rush hours but it was very fun. The management there was very nice, and open to changes. They were very reasonable and willing to work with me.
I worked for gap for over three years, right when I graduated from college until I was able to obtain a higher paying job. I found that the Gap did not care much about the employee's needs (family needs, work/life balance, financial stability, medical).

As a hourly associate, I would be worked to 35-38 hours (plenty hours) but not able to earn sick, vacation, or have health benefits while making just above minimum wage. I was overworked, over stressed, no social life, and unable to pay my own medical expenses. Gap is great but only if you are able to manage to have it as a PART time (meaning only part time on your schedule - not theirs) or if you were upper management earning more and accruing benefits.

big plus - 50% discount for employees.
The hours are sporadic and depending on management and location, it could be a good or terrible experience. Fairly easy job though. Pay not really worth it since you dont get benefits.
Working here was nice but if you have a family I would not recommend it..... good for high school students in the summer or single people with no bills :))
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not enough hours, no work life balance, does not pay a living wage :(
Great Company to work for. Lots of cool people. I worked for this company for several years. They are a company that gives back to employees. I was in human resources and loved interacting with new hires, training classes, and fun team building events to get everyone involved to know what a great company it is.
Cons
No work life balance
Official response from Gap Inc.
March 18, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear your employee story. We wish you the best of luck!
Working retail for so long sucked the life from my soul.. if you want to lose everything you love about yourself work for gap onc and they will destroy you
Company is fast paced and has a created a culture where every associate interacts with customers. Employees enjoy helping customers and go the extra mile to deliver great customer service.
Everyone was very nice and helpful. I was able to learn a lot about the company. Because of this job I feel like it better prepared me for the next employment opportunity.
Very fast paced and room for little to no mistakes. Expectations were high. I believe it was because of the location. But overall a good experience...
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No set schedule
It is an amazing company to work for but it is very hard to advance especially if it is a hope too. There always seems to be some favoritism with employees and no detail or help for those who want to advance
Worked for the company seasonal then went to be part time to having an internship to be full time. I'm truly grateful for working for the company and the experiences, the opportunities that were given to me.
Pros
Works really well with everyone.
Cons
nothing
Typical day consisted of folding clothes, keeping the store aesthetically pleasing, taking care of customers, and working at the register. The workplace was very friendly.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Short breaks
Walking into gap I light up instantly because I know i am in-store for a great day. I love seeing the faces of my co-workers and customers. Nothing is better then going into work at gap.
Great place to work at if you have a strong desire for pushing sales for good clothes!
A typical day at work included having to put back a lot of clothing back where it belongs; often times it wasn't done because management kept pushing it onto the closing team. If you're not a part of the closing team, you're less likely to be stressed about work.

The hardest part of the job was probably not taking things personal when it comes to customers and management, especially when you're new to the gap.

The fun part of the job was making new friends and having a team of people that you would consider your second family.
Pros
50% clothing discount (it could be better)
Cons
stressful
The workplace is very welcoming with friendly staff however due to commission, I am forced to convince customers to make a credit card associated with our retail store. The pressure makes it harder for me to enjoy working and talk to the customer without keep reminding them of the credit card that they should make.
Pros
good benefits for employees
Cons
short breaks
i love the people i work with.it is a year i am working with Gap inc and i love the management team and my coworkers, of course it is a very hard work standing long hours
Working at Gap Inc. was a short yet educating experience in that I was taught much about the retail industry and how it worked. However, the management I had worked under had a strict policy in not allowing it's employees to operate the cash register unless they could get a customer to sign with the rewards program that Gap offered, which coupled with the manager's strict attitude, gave for an unforgiving work environment.
Pros
Treats and fellowship
Cons
Cut-throat attitude
As is the case for most people who work retail, this was my very first job. I started at Gap, and eventually moved to Banana Republic. My experience at Gap was great! The mangement was overall incredibly supportive, and the job itself wasn't unbearable.
If you're looking to work part-time with some great people, and lack of pay/advancement don't matter much to you, then Old Navy is right up your alley. Would recommend to any high school or college student, but get out when you can.
Pros
Retail insight; always learn new things; great people
Cons
Misguided corporate expectations; low pay
I loved working at GAP. I loved my coworkers and my managers were cool too. There was a strong sense of community. Everyone was always helpful to each other.
you never have the same day twice
you have to be very flexible in order to succeed

getting to meet new people is a pretty great aspect of the job

the hardest part is making company credit card goals which are unrealistic
Pros
great benefits and discounts as an employee
Cons
push too hard for company credit cards
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Gap Inc..