Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,917 reviews matching the search See all 2,267 reviews
It was boring
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2018
You don't really do anything just kind of stand around for 8 hours. There is honestly just too many people on the floor at once so no one really asks you for help.
A very manageable job and relatively simple.
Gap Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2018
Overall a great job, I love my coworkers. My hours are very flexible and I am always guaranteed off work when I need to get off work if I give 2 weeks prior notice.
Pros
50% discount off entire store as well as the other branches of Gap like Old Navy
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed my job here. I was only hired on for a seasonal position, but I enjoyed my short time there. Good job, good pay and nice people. I heard it’s even better being there full time and not just seasonal.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Good as a temporary job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 19, 2018
Perfect for Secondary School or College students! Flexible scheduling, friendly staff and management, and excellent brand discounts. The only downside is that most positions are part-time, and don't include paid time off.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No PTO or sick days for part time
Good workspace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 19, 2018
I had a great time working at gap the only problem I had was that the manager expected too much from employees and pushed the promotion of credit cards too far by lowering working hours depending on the amount of sold credit cards per employee
Terrible place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 18, 2018
Over worked and under paid, no working air horrible supervisor as well as management!! A lot of favoritism, if you wanna work super hard for little pay, this is the place to be.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Super short breaks
good pay at hire
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 15, 2018
For $10 an hour, working at GAP is an enjoyable job and the discount is a big bonus. Working at GAP as a sales associate involves keeping the customer happy, maintaining a good appearance in the store, stocking the racks, folding clothes and greeting customers. Learning to use a register is a very good skill to obtain.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
finding coverage on days off
first big-girl job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 13, 2018
I liked that the company was able to give me the manager and customer service skills I needed to grow myself. The team is super supportive and always looking out for one another.
Fun Workplace
Business and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 13, 2018
Everyone I worked with was fun, laid back, but ready to work and work hard. The management team was well qualified and easy to work with. I was helped with anything I needed at any time.
I OK place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 11, 2018
Needed to train a little longer and management needs to be a little more friendlier.Maybe try to appreciate their associates a little more and people will stay and work even harder.
Pros
Fast pace never bored
Cons
Better management
Official response from Gap Inc.
June 15, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience with management. We provide resources for our associates and managers to help them succeed in their roles and ensure that they have what they need when supporting their team. We will continue working to make improvements. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Fun Workplace
Old Navy Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 11, 2018
Working at Old Navy was a fun experience. The management was a great support and super flexible when it came to scheduling. I do believe my manager failed when it came to addressing an issue everyone had with a manager that was extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. Though that one manager made a lot of work hard, every day was typically easy. Customers were typically very kind and everything you do there is pretty basic. They just recently switched over to using ipods for checkout, which made it extremely difficult to adjust due to regular registers being much more accessible. But overall Old Navy was a fun experience it had a great family environment and there was something new everyday. In addition you would meet new people everyday as well.
Pros
Fun environment, free food
Cons
Hard to move up
Official response from Gap Inc.
June 15, 2018

We're so glad to hear that you had a great experience with us in Cary, NC. We work hard to create a culture in our stores and headquarters where everyone feels supported and welcomed. Thanks for writing a review.

Long hours and low pay
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJune 11, 2018
I had been a hard working employee for almost 3 years full time but was let go because of 16 absent days called emergency days which included sick days or days need to handle an emergency. Long hours mandated two day overtime after 40hr weeks was common. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery between co-workers.
great place
Customer Service Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2018
loved working here, good people and paid well for the work you have to do. customer service was very important but being able to meet new people every day was a plus
Productive and Relaxed work place
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 8, 2018
A typical day is unpacking and processing large shipments of differing clothing and accessories. It takes most of the day to unpack all of the boxes and the rest of the day is spent replenishing the floor. The management is very nice and helpful.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Short break
Its a fun olace to work at
Sorter / picker / packer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 5, 2018
Gap inc was a great job, if patiences is not your friend then this job will probably not be the best job for you, get rest and drink lots of water grab a few monsters to
Cons
Short breaks
Not climate controlled
Merchandise Handler (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJune 4, 2018
They give you 16 points. If you're a minute late it's 1/2 a point. That's the only negative. So with doctors appointments or for single parents and kids get sick, it will suck with them not taking doctors notes
Love the Gap!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 25, 2018
Love working at the GAP it's a fun place and it's not stressful. Getting to know people, the clothes are cute and the work is not hard but can be mundane and repretitive.
Pros
Nice music in store
Cons
hours as customary in retail
Loved this job
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 24, 2018
This was the best job I’ve had so far the business was great the higher ups were good people friendly environment fun job, easy to test yourself and make yourself work harder
Ok place
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 23, 2018
Not to bad of a place to work if they had down how many people they need year round instead of bringing in people an then letting them go when they finally get the hang of things.
Pros
Good place to work and good people to work with.
Cons
Need to figure out how many people to have year round.
Was ok
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 22, 2018
Good if u want money but no life. Dont work here if you believe in the first amendment. Females that are young, pretty and wear clothing that accent there anatomy get further than the men and older gals. Unless you are a tattle tail.
Pros
Good $ $14.50 ph
Cons
Almost everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.