Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,019 reviews matching the search See all 2,382 reviews
Fun and exciting workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Limerick, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Overall, I enjoy working at Banana Republic Factory. It has been a great first job experience. All my managers have been great and I enjoy working with my coworkers. The pay is great for a part-time job.
Pros
Paid 15 minute breaks, flexible managers
Cons
Having to clock out for breaks over 30 minutes
good company
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2019
my experncie there was okay i would like to work for them again
learned a lot abou7t fashion and running a clothing store .. also taught me a lot about merchandizing
Pros
great enegry
Cons
people slacking
Enjoyable experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ledyard, CTJanuary 8, 2019
Working at Gap has been an enjoyable experience. A typical day at work would begin with putting your stuff in the break room, getting your walkie and clocking in. Then whoever the manager is on the floor tells you what your break times are, and what you will be doing. Gap is very organized and well managed. All the managers are very good at what they do. Working there is amazing, everyone is nice and supportive. When I had no idea what I was doing, someone would be kind enough to show me how to do something. The hardest part was learning how to work cash register. I had never worked on a cash register before so it was a learning experience and I am glad I know how to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is being their with the people I work with, because they make it more enjoyable.
A good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hennepin County, MNJanuary 7, 2019
Low stress, and pretty easy to pick up on. It was a great job for a high school student to spend time working through. My coworkers were fun and easy going. They made it enjoyable. They do push that you drive sales, and sometimes there's a lot of pressure to sell the store credit card which I did not like personally. Initially, they had a pretty easy going time-off request system and were flexible of things came up. Near the end however management changed and it became stressful to try and ask for time off, and it was impossible to call in because something came up and you couldn't come in.
Pros
15 minute breaks, 50% off clothes
Cons
on your feet all day, often asked to work longer than scheduled
I was treated like I was unimportant to the company.
Gap Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 5, 2019
I rarely recieved hours to work and wasn’t able to prove my potential because of this. I wasn’t treated like i was truly wanted in the workplace, and whenever I asked for more hours (because I was never scheduled) I was only told to try and pick up shifts.
One of the best jobs so far
Online picker and packing (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJanuary 4, 2019
This job is amazing is a keeper they pay good the have good management i like the paste you have to work there and it goes by production and you learn new thing most of the time is a great job.
Easy workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2018
It is a very easy work place all of the work was super easy just the management is not the best & they ran out of work a lot so we had to go home. I didn’t like that cause I like to work.
Turmoil
Senior Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 20, 2018
7 bosses in 5 years was tough. Highly disorganized and communication was spotty. One of the many qualities which drew me to working at Gap Inc., was just how many of the employees were long-time employees, which demonstrated their commitment to the organization and vice versa.
Pros
Friendly, supportive, discounts, causal dress, reputation.
Cons
All-American company who caved and outsourced everything.
I feel like its a real stressful job.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2018
I wouldn't tell nobody about it. because they are unfair when it comes to days off. they tell u one thing about having a day off and then they change it. I think its unfair.
January 10, 2019

We're disappointed to hear this. We are constantly working to improve how we staff our stores. We work hard to make sure that we're best utilizing our time and talent and are committed to continuing our work on this front.

I like cloths and helping people
Gap Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 13, 2018
The gap was a fun and okay place to work because i like cloths and know stuff about cloths and how it fits people and to be able to help certain people find there right fit for them. I like the manager she was okay we had our little joke on breaks here and there, and the employee there was fun to work with and get along with. And i like how much i was getting paid.
January 10, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We mean it when we say we're "customer obsessed" and are happy to hear that your time reflected this!

Productive work place
Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHDecember 13, 2018
I would out away clothes or help people find what their looking for. Hardest part was probably getting used to where everything is and i liked working in that type of enviroment even if it wasn't a long stay.
Packing seasonal
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 12, 2018
Kinda bummed for being laid off after only 1 month of work? They said it was a 6 month seasonal position but was one of first to get laid off due to lack of work.
Pros
Met some cool friends
Cons
They lied
December 21, 2018

We’re sorry to hear this. We are constantly working to improve how we staff our stores and making sure that we’re putting our time, talent, and energy in the right places at the right times. We’re committed to continuing to work on this.

The Gap
Sales Associte (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 12, 2018
The GAP is a good company to work for but unless you are in a higher position (manager) I would not make a career out of it, it’s something I did after high school.
January 10, 2019

We are disappointed to hear this. We are fully committed to the career growth and development of our employees. In fact, some of our longest-tenured leaders at the organization started in one of our stores!

Thought of the environment and work ethic as priority
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 12, 2018
They recommend requirements to be permanent yet they lied. They didn't want this and that from a worker. They highly favoured workers and picked the people they personally liked than the ones that tried to stay within the requirements. I kinda wished they don't have favouritism but it is what it is. Life is full of lies when it comes to this job. OT totally killed me too. I told them I was a student yet they didn't care. They knew but didn't care. It'll just add for the days requested off but not time paid. Oh and the breaks. The worst break you'll ever have. WALKING is a break. Thus, your break you have to run for it. Otherwise, you will have less time to rest for a break. Then you have to run back before the bell. (BS)
Pros
Overtime, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, requirements aren't really requirements.
December 21, 2018

We’re sorry to hear this. We have always believed that Gap Inc. should be a place where all of our employees should feel welcome and supported. We work hard to activate this mission in real and tangible ways across our organization, every day.

Slow pace environment with a variety of people working there
Styling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 6, 2018
It’s a slow pace environment. The company solely cares about employees receiving gap cards and nothing else. There is practically no chance to move up in the company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours and no opportunities to move up
January 10, 2019

We are sorry to hear this. At Gap Inc., we are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning. We have recently relaunched our development planning program and are working hard to make sure managers are accountable for their direct reports’ growth and development.

Productive, fun,clean,
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working there. It was my first time ever working in a warehouse environment. Kept me in shape,also inspired me to join a gym. Loved it! Too bad I had to return home due to the fact my father became ill after my mom passed away. They were together for over 50 years.
Pros
Clean environment, people friendly, good paying job. Discounts on merchandise
January 10, 2019

Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear of your positive experience. We are sorry to hear of your loss and offer our condolences to your family.

Not fun, extremely boring and redundant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYNovember 30, 2018
My job experience at Gap Inc. was horrible. I did not like it one bit. It is slow paced and boring. No employee interaction or management encouragement.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Weekly hours
January 10, 2019

We are sorry to hear this. At Gap Inc., we believe that each member of our team should feel welcomed and supported. We have recently relaunched our development planning program, GPS, are working hard to make sure managers are accountable for their direct reports’ growth and development.

Very hardworking place
Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJNovember 29, 2018
A typical day at work would be getting right to work and answering any costumers questions. I learned how to work wonderfully ina team. The hardest part of the job was refolding and prepping the table neatly. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to take breaks and lunch time.
Pros
helpful team, co-workers helping out when in need.
Cons
short breaks, always on your feet.
January 10, 2019

We appreciate hearing of your experience in Cedar Knolls, NJ and value your feedback. At Gap Inc., we work hard to create a culture in our stores and our headquarters where everyone is willing and able to roll their sleeves up and contribute. We're happy to hear your experience reflected this!

Inconsistent & undependable
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTNovember 29, 2018
Gap Inc. & corporate executives are focused far too much on the amount of credit card applications we bring in a day than that of great experience we give our customers! It is an inconsistent work schedule & they expect you to be able to live in one of the highest inflated rent cities in the entire state of Utah with subpar pay, but don’t even think about asking for a raise... the company could use some serious re-evaluation & Id be happy to oblige.
Pros
Fun team, diverse shoppers
Cons
Unsupportive, inconsistency, no benefits, unreliable
December 21, 2018

We’re sorry to hear this and understand selling credit cards can be a pain point for some of our store employees. We launched the BRIGHT Rewards Program to allow us to get to know our customers better without the pressure to sign up for a credit card. We hope that this will improve the experience for both employees and customers. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the appropriate teams.

Old navy
Senior Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDNovember 28, 2018
Working retail for so long sucked the life from my soul.. if you want to lose everything you love about yourself work for gap onc and they will destroy you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight