Gap Inc. logo
Gap Inc.
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100Average

Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,996 reviews

A Fair Job

My time at GAP Inc. was short, but enjoyable. It could be stressful during rush hours but it was very fun. The management there was very nice, and open to changes. They were very reasonable and willing to work with me.

Good place to work part time

I worked at GAP seasonally part time, good management. Lots of flexibility for hours. I felt that GAP paid higher than other retail stores in the area which was also nice.

Overworked, underpaid big understatement

I worked for gap for over three years, right when I graduated from college until I was able to obtain a higher paying job. I found that the Gap did not care much about the employee's needs (family needs, work/life balance, financial stability, medical). As a hourly associate, I would be worked to 35-38 hours (plenty hours) but not able to earn sick, vacation, or have health benefits while making just above minimum wage. I was overworked, over stressed, no social life, and unable to pay my own medical expenses. Gap is great but only if you are able to manage to have it as a PART time (meaning only part time on your schedule - not theirs) or if you were upper management earning more and accruing benefits. big plus - 50% discount for employees.

Depends on position

The hours are sporadic and depending on management and location, it could be a good or terrible experience. Fairly easy job though. Pay not really worth it since you dont get benefits.

Working here :)

Working here was nice but if you have a family I would not recommend it..... good for high school students in the summer or single people with no bills :))

Pros

Good management

Cons

Not enough hours, no work life balance, does not pay a living wage :(

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Good Company

Great Company to work for. Lots of cool people. I worked for this company for several years. They are a company that gives back to employees. I was in human resources and loved interacting with new hires, training classes, and fun team building events to get everyone involved to know what a great company it is.

Cons

No work life balance

Official response from Gap Inc.

March 18, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear your employee story. We wish you the best of luck!

Fast paced environment with a great opportunity for growth

Company is fast paced and has a created a culture where every associate interacts with customers. Employees enjoy helping customers and go the extra mile to deliver great customer service.

Gap

Everyone was very nice and helpful. I was able to learn a lot about the company. Because of this job I feel like it better prepared me for the next employment opportunity.

Great experience

Very fast paced and room for little to no mistakes. Expectations were high. I believe it was because of the location. But overall a good experience...

Pros

Great co workers

Cons

No set schedule

A great place to work but hars to advance

It is an amazing company to work for but it is very hard to advance especially if it is a hope too. There always seems to be some favoritism with employees and no detail or help for those who want to advance

Jobs at Gap Inc.

See more jobs

Awesome

Worked for the company seasonal then went to be part time to having an internship to be full time. I'm truly grateful for working for the company and the experiences, the opportunities that were given to me.

Pros

Works really well with everyone.

Cons

nothing

Fun, but tedious workplace

Typical day consisted of folding clothes, keeping the store aesthetically pleasing, taking care of customers, and working at the register. The workplace was very friendly.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Short breaks

Great Work Environment

Walking into gap I light up instantly because I know i am in-store for a great day. I love seeing the faces of my co-workers and customers. Nothing is better then going into work at gap.

Fun Workplace, just stressful sometimes

Great place to work at if you have a strong desire for pushing sales for good clothes! A typical day at work included having to put back a lot of clothing back where it belongs; often times it wasn't done because management kept pushing it onto the closing team. If you're not a part of the closing team, you're less likely to be stressed about work. The hardest part of the job was probably not taking things personal when it comes to customers and management, especially when you're new to the gap. The fun part of the job was making new friends and having a team of people that you would consider your second family.

Pros

50% clothing discount (it could be better)

Cons

stressful

Typical day at work

The workplace is very welcoming with friendly staff however due to commission, I am forced to convince customers to make a credit card associated with our retail store. The pressure makes it harder for me to enjoy working and talk to the customer without keep reminding them of the credit card that they should make.

Pros

good benefits for employees

Cons

short breaks

safe place to work

i love the people i work with.it is a year i am working with Gap inc and i love the management team and my coworkers, of course it is a very hard work standing long hours

Fun yet stressful and strict

Working at Gap Inc. was a short yet educating experience in that I was taught much about the retail industry and how it worked. However, the management I had worked under had a strict policy in not allowing it's employees to operate the cash register unless they could get a customer to sign with the rewards program that Gap offered, which coupled with the manager's strict attitude, gave for an unforgiving work environment.

Pros

Treats and fellowship

Cons

Cut-throat attitude

Decent first job

As is the case for most people who work retail, this was my very first job. I started at Gap, and eventually moved to Banana Republic. My experience at Gap was great! The mangement was overall incredibly supportive, and the job itself wasn't unbearable.

Great for what it is

If you're looking to work part-time with some great people, and lack of pay/advancement don't matter much to you, then Old Navy is right up your alley. Would recommend to any high school or college student, but get out when you can.

Pros

Retail insight; always learn new things; great people

Cons

Misguided corporate expectations; low pay

working there was great

I loved working at GAP. I loved my coworkers and my managers were cool too. There was a strong sense of community. Everyone was always helpful to each other.

Assistant General Manager of Customer Experience

you never have the same day twice you have to be very flexible in order to succeed getting to meet new people is a pretty great aspect of the job the hardest part is making company credit card goals which are unrealistic

Pros

great benefits and discounts as an employee

Cons

push too hard for company credit cards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight