Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,113 reviews matching the search See all 2,484 reviews
Fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 18, 2019
Fast pace environment and one of one of the places are really enjoy being at. Also one of the most friendly staff and managers that get the job done and very wholesome environment to work at.
Horrible Management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2019
My rating for Gap Inc is a 3 which is generous for the manager that I left while there. Unfortunately the environment was very stressful, not enough workers & too much work on a consistent basis. Goals as far as selling credit cards were very unrealistic. The General Manager that was there when I left had very abusive behavior, but was passive aggressive in nature. The best part of my day was working with other employees as well as the sales experience.
June 19, 2019

We appreciate your thorough and thoughtful feedback about your experience. We understand our leaders play a significant role in the overall experience of our employees. We will keep your comments in mind as we continue to improve the employee experience for all.

A productive and motivation environment mixed with great energy.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2019
A great place to work if you love connecting with customers, meeting new individuals and building great relationships among the workplace. Everyday is a new excitement- you never know what you'll get! Whether its a new contest or an inspiring customer, every day is a great day.
June 19, 2019

We love to hear this! We believe in setting all members of our team up for success and are happy to see this reflected in your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us.

Great job, great HR great management.
Stocker, picker, inventory (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 11, 2019
The best place I ever worked. They treat their employees great. Great training, possible to advance. I was a temp and I worked hard to get hired on. My boss helped me tremendously by letting me be the temp lead and learning the jobs and duties I needed.
Pros
Grill outs for lunch prepared by the management
Cons
Moved or I would still be there
June 19, 2019

We're excited to hear about your employee experience! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Fun at times, overbearing amount of drama, no benefits.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 10, 2019
Worked at Old Navy for about two and a half years. While about 90% of the coworkers are fun, there was drama constantly. One manager didn't like another manager, so they would talk to employees about said manager, other managers would find out, so on and so forth. No paid time off, no benefits unless you are full-time, but there are no full-time positions aside from manager. No overtime. They would work me as close to forty hours a week as they could without averaging my hours out to forty so they could avoid giving benefits. Overall, a good high school job. Wouldn't go too far past that.
Cool place with messy management
Gap Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 6, 2019
The overall workload is nothing to complain about. Its the management that gets me. They expect a high number of credit cards to be sold even if the quota was already met, and will stress that as if thats the way you get paid. They pray on minority who know nothing about a gap card just to have more. You get nothing for the cards either but a water bottle. They stress the wrong aspects of the job in my opinion and in the worst ways.
June 19, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We understand selling credit cards can be a pain point for some of our store employees. We've rolled out our BRIGHT Rewards program to help alleviate the pressure of signing up for a credit card. Hopefully, this will improve the experience for employees and customers.

Productive, fun and serious work place with amazing staff.
Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 29, 2019
Working at Banana Republic for Gap Inc. was an amazing experience for me. They helped me learn to adapt to the men’s and women’s floors styling customers. I’ve learned to connect with my customers on a more personal level to help myself throw some styling tips to new shoppers who walked into the store seeking help for specific events.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short staff
June 19, 2019

We mean it when we say we're "customer obsessed," and we're happy to hear about your positive experiencing helping customers. We hope that you will continue to utilize the skills you have learned on our team throughout your career. Thanks for sharing!

Fun summer job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 29, 2019
I learned a lot and benefited greatly from my time at the gap. It prepared me for other jobs and was usually a positive place to be. I would recommend it to others.
June 19, 2019

This is what we love to hear! It’s important to us to invest in our employees’ future, not just at the company, but long-term regardless of where their career takes them.

Gap
Loyalty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 29, 2019
At work good days tend to rotate with over whelming days. Cleaning, folding, selling Gap card is a must in a day to day basis. Customer service is key when it comes to our customers. Everything is dropped and all attention is drawn towards the customers.
Pros
Good service
Cons
Bad Managers
Ok workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 28, 2019
Truly enjoyed working here in the beginning. Over the past few years the work environment has continued to decrease and so did the work life balance. Company continues to make decisions that negatively affect stores ability to operate daily. Expected to do a lot with less and less.
Pros
Benefits, employee discount, maternity leave
Cons
Work life balance, poor store structure
June 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate hearing your feedback about your employee experience. We share comments like yours with relevant teams who are working hard to promote positive change across the organization.

Productive with great people
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMay 28, 2019
I love the people i worked with but management was not great. Great first job opportunity. Can be very busy and also very slow. I would go back as part time.
productive fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 28, 2019
typical day at work was, clock in have a team meeting about production, then went to assigned floor to complete task of finding what items are need for each order that goes in the truck, the most enjoyable art was overtime and cadybars on your birthday, friendly family like environment,
Pros
birthday parties and discounts
Cons
shoort breaks
June 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing what it's like to work on our team! At Gap Inc., we work hard to create a culture in which all members of our team are welcomed and respected. We're happy to see your experience reflected the way we approach our work.

Great place to learn about customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 25, 2019
I been working for this company for the last ten years and I've seen manager come and go. Working at the gap is a fun, quick pace environment , never a dull moment and always learning or training. Customer service is there number 1 goal and priority
June 11, 2019

Thank you for your ten years of service on our team! We mean it when we say we’re “customer obsessed,” and we know that one of the best ways to take care of our customer is to encourage creativity across the organization - because you never know where the next great idea will come from!

Good first job
Gap Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Troutdale, ORMay 24, 2019
I liked working at GAP, it gave me the opportunity to grow in my skills while also getting experience in my first job. The environment was nice but the communication of management in my store was sometimes poor but their actions made up for it most of the time.
June 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing feedback with us. We understand our leaders play an important role in the overall experience of our employees. We work hard to equip our managers with the training needed to succeed in their roles and provide the best support to their teams. We appreciate your comments as we continue to improve the employee experience for all.

The co-workers there we’re cool work with since we all have a great team
Gap Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 24, 2019
I can’t fill in much since I was a seasonal but I’d recommend this job for someone starting out it’s fairly easy until you get to the holiday like Black Friday and Christmas when there’s huge amount sale coming through the door that’s when the place turns into a tornado. But of the curse that when all employees are working.
Pros
Free lunches, great team
Cons
Bad customer at times no English
June 11, 2019

We are excited to hear you would recommend Gap Inc. as an employer! Thank you for sharing feedback about your employee experience with us.

Poor, Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA King StreetMay 24, 2019
Alexandria, Virginia King Street.....Poor management. They were only really concerned about pulling customers in to apply for the GapInc card. Recovery was Never completed at night, which meant coming in the next day for your shift to a horribly Messy store. Management Never held accountable for Any of their actions. " Pass the buck" was their game. Not enough compensation for All of your Extremely hard work!!
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Poor Management, Horrible Pay, Zero Accountability
June 11, 2019

We are disappointed to hear about your experience. At Gap Inc., we understand our leaders play a major role in the overall experience of our employees. We're constantly working to ensure that our managers are equipped with the necessary training and resources to best support their teams. Thank you for sharing your perspective.

Great Opportunity!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMay 20, 2019
This job has well prepared me for future jobs and advancements, helped me improve on my communication and problem solving skills and was a great opportunity! The management could have been better but my experience as a sales associate was great overall; worked with a very supportive group of individuals!
June 11, 2019

At Gap Inc., we believe in the importance of teaching our employees valuable skills they can utilize throughout their careers. We love to hear about the knowledge you have gained as a member of our team. Thank you for sharing thoughtful feedback with us.

Fun environment
Gap Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYMay 19, 2019
Great workers,
Nice people
The managers are very caring and they rely on the employees a lot to do things. Gap is very busy all the time and they treat us good.
Pros
Nice workers
Cons
Short breaks
June 11, 2019

We are happy to hear about your positive experience with management at Gap Inc. We understand our leaders play an important role in the overall experience of our employees. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Great Working Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 17, 2019
The management at Gap is really great. They are compassionate and flexible when it comes to working hours. You are allowed to pick up and exchange shifts very easily. I recommend everyone apply here due to how much I enjoyed my time working here, I wish I didn't have to leave!
Pros
Great Hours, Great Management
June 11, 2019

Thank you for recommending us as an employer! We are always excited to receive positive feedback from our employees. We wish you the best of luck in your future.

management
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 15, 2019
Great Company to work for, care about employees as well as their customers.
-volunteer opportunities
-growth and development opportunities
-longevity
-customer loyatly
Pros
longevity
Cons
payroll ineffective
June 11, 2019

This is what we love to hear! Thanks for sharing a few of the reasons why you enjoy working on our team. We're happy to see your experience really reflects the way we approach our work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Gap Inc..

Powered by Comparably