Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Cashier , sales associate, front desk .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
It was also a great experience nice coworker great customer I mainly did sales associate which was one of the best experience. The hardest part of the job is trying you’re best and not getting seeing for the hard work you do .
Cons
Short breaks
I loved Old Navy!
Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TX, Conroe TXMay 15, 2018
I worked at Old Navy for from May 2014- December 2016. I worked at 2 locations and absolutely loved the first one. Management was amazing and the benefits were great. They worked with my school schedule and did what they could to keep me! One summer, I trained all the new employees and had a blast. The second location was ok but I ended up being terminated because after having my baby, I could not let the new mangers know the exact date i'd be back. (I didn't know when i'd be back, this was my first baby and I was in a lot of pain!!) Anyway, besides the last month of me working there, I loved it!!
Productive but dont have a lot of stress
Packing Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2018
Gap is very good place to be there is no stress up there.so I just need to move on and have more experiences. Sometime you need to relocate to see something else .and some time you need more money like if you have 3 days off you can found out a mother job
Pros
They give us lunch free 2 times a year
Cons
We have 3 free breaks
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAMay 14, 2018
the job is pretty easy to learn and you do a lot of the same thing over and over again. Some days are busier than others depending on which store you are working in.
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 12, 2018
The workers are alert and collaborative. Even though, sometimes it may be challenging but you still have to try your best and give in your best effort. Laziness at work doesn't bring you anywhere.
Pros
Cleaning, staying organized, friendly, responsible
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 10, 2018
Overall its a productive workplace. You simply go in have a meeting before you start, then get told by your supervisor where you go and you work in that area until their is no work on that level then you check all the other floors in that area and if no work is their then you move to another building, if theirs nothing their then you sign into down time and basically you clean around the conveyer belts, throw away all the empty boxes, all the scraps of empty boxes. Make sure your attendence is good. You get 3 lunch breaks depending on what shift your on. 30 min for your lunch break, and 15 min for the other two breaks if you have second shift.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work enviroment.
Gap in Employment (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 7, 2018
It has its typical work days just like at any other work environment. I learned how to keep a steady flow during the fast paced hours of the work day.
Give ppl that been there more then 6 Months full-time
Pinking driving packing Stocking (Current Employee) –  Gallatinville, NYMay 6, 2018
Give ppl full time in Benefit Thats need in do they job in is at Work all the time I have been at gap for 8 months in all they gave me is part time on call I do my job in am always on time for work in I’m still nt full time
Great Working Experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2018
I loved working at the people there are amazing and I love the connection I have with the customers they make my day. They always have promote and the customers get happy when they see that.
I enjoy working at Old Navy
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVApril 24, 2018
I am treated very well and given the time by management. It is a very caring environment. I only work in the mornings when there are no customers so I think that affects my feelings.
very nice work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2018
Gap is a very productive and positive place to work at. It is located in the center city section of Philadelphia . The staff are grate with other staff as well as customers
Retail Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Management can vary depending on the region you are located in. Also, worked for Old Navy while at Gap, Inc. The culture was different between the two brands.
It was a cool job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 18, 2018
The hours and shifts were horrible. If the business was slow, which typically was always the case, you barely got any hours. The most hours you would get would only be around holiday season.
Gap Days
Pick/Pack Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2018
I would come in stretch for a couple mins and then go back into the warehouse where I would pack the customers orders for about 10 hours a day 3 days a week.
My experience
Visual Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
A typical day at work would began with a store and team meeting and breaking off into teams or individually to s=work in assigned sections.

I wouldn't say i learned anything that i didn't already know befor working there except for the way of working with gap Visual directives.

management seemed to be proffesional at times.

I enjoyed the diversity of the workplace culture.

The hardest part of the Job was holiday season and overnight shifts

The most enjoyable part was working overnight shifts and holidays and after all was complete to see the work and beauty of what you created.
Great part time job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 16, 2018
Overall my experience with Gap was a positive one. I loved the management team and my job as a visual merchandiser was way more creative than initially planned.
Pros
nice hours, friendly staff
Cons
low income
Productive and fun environment
Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 16, 2018
It was a great job. People were easy to work with, job easy to do you just have to stay focused. They worked with you helped you get better. I recommend to a friend.
High turnover rate
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 15, 2018
They tell you that the writes up will go away but they dont
No. Duties are based off of production numbers. No joke. Great people to work with but their ethics are dumb and thats how they get rid of excellent workers. A good place to make a little money but the company has a lot of cutbacks and if your status is a part timer you won't be putting much hours in. Not good to live off of or make a living.
Great Company - Management Sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 10, 2018
The customer service representative position at the call center in Albuquerque is extremely stressfull, not worth the $15.00 they pay per hour for the amount of stress you will get a day, you won't be able to sleep or even enjoy your weekends just thinking about it. You don't have support form any of the supervisors because they are clueless. Gap is an amazing company, but just not in the Contact Center department, be aware! KEEP OUT!
Great company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2018
Good, competitive working environment. I really recommend working here if you really want to love what you do, you really interact with the customer a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.