Gap Inc.

Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

United States2,759 reviews

Found 2,759 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,223 reviews

A Fair Job

My time at GAP Inc. was short, but enjoyable. It could be stressful during rush hours but it was very fun. The management there was very nice, and open to changes. They were very reasonable and willing to work with me.

It is fun, for the most part.

The customers are usually amazing, however, the push for credit cards and private information for loyalty accounts is too severe! Customers get aggravated and we get frustrated. I was one of the leaders, but it was never enough.

Pros

Discounts at all Gap brands

Cons

Credit Cards and Loyalty push is too much!

Gap Inc. insights

Based on 1,429 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Alright

This place is alright. Has its pros and it's cons. I mean you get paid weekly so that's a plus. They definitely play alot of favoritism. Just stay to yourself and your good

Gap is awesome

I started at the Gap in the warehouse, I broke my leg and was able to transition to the customer service representative position. I really like the people in the company it's a great place to work

Its A good job IF you can sell cards, if not it's super stressful and I want to cry.

The people who work here are super nice. The discount for clothes is awesome too. They are super understanding for calling out and sometimes, work is actually fun.

Toxic environment

Gap used to be a good company to work for. However, now all they care about is saving pennies wherever they can and there is absolutely no concern for employees and zero work/life balance. Contact center managers are allowed to be rude and toxic and despite several supervisors reporting a manager to HR, nothing has been done.

Great place

Fun job and a ton of exciting people to talk to. Sure it’s fast paced but it’s never overwhelming. With a supportive team it was satisfying to reach our quota and hit the mark.

Fun great place to work!

The manager is so kind, accepting, and helpful ! Great place to work good energy and the work is balanced well. i loved working here ! Definitely recommend.

Pros

discount !

Cons

not the best pay

Easy job

Easy warehouse job. Package clothes and throw them on a conveyor belt. Long hours and short breaks. The pay isn’t bad and they send you home if work is light.

All downhill

I’ve been working here 13 years and used to love it now I’m working here only because I’ve been here 13 years. Vargo system is too hard used to pick more pieces under red prairie in a nights work easier yet they say it’s more efficient. It’s hard going up and down flights of stairs all night sometimes for just 1 piece 1 tote on the older workers yet they will not keep you assigned to 1 floor unless you are a “FAVORITE” or have Drs excuse. I used to be a top picker and make grow (incentive checks) now I can barely hit production and am on the verge of getting fired. Benefits are great but pay is low and not competitive as promised. After 12 years of creating raises for myself they raised starting pay and basically I and everyone else makes the same. It’s a slap in the face as if my first 12 years meant nothing. I used to love coming to work now my attitude changes to depression as soon as I come through the doors especially when I’m barely hanging onto the job I once did so easily.

Productive place to work

Great place to work nice home work balance flexible family like atmosphere friendly co worker understanding sups flexibility work schedule and days off happy place to be workef through pandemic

Pros

Pay vto

Cons

Commute

Decent place to work

A lot of hours but good culture overall. Pay is pretty good, no drug testing unless you are on power equipment. A lot of people come back after they quit. Steady work, decent pay.

Over worked no air

They send employees to which ever building they want The have air (tdc) conditioning waiting on a new one. Associates like to be kids a tell on people for nothing. load of hours they don't care if you have kids

fast paced work culture with mostly happy people

Fun work culture with lots of travel and great pay. Hours can be long but generally rewarding. CAn get competitive but generally people work together to make the company goals.

Pros

Work culture, pay

Great Company

When I worked at Gap, I had a great experience. It depends who you work with. My store manager and DM were extremely caring and flexible. Work life balance was great, pay was good, benefits were okay.

Doesn't Care About Their People

A company that preaches growth but does absolutely nothing to help you do so. Constant restructures and no job security as well. Also, pay rate is severely lower than other companies.

Good for a first job, that’s it

If you’re working any other job besides sales associate you might be able to go up the ladder in terms of position, but besides that this job is good for high school and college kids

Underpaid, make more at a gas station

Managers do half the work, get paid much better. The push credit cards on the customers and “rewards”. You might get a piece of candy when you open one for the customer. Meanwhile, the company gets hundreds of thousands. I can’t imagine why the company is struggling… The majority of the “minions” doing the majority of the work are high school age and don’t know any better. Word of advice, work at Target. Much better pay, benefit are equal if not better.

I loved gap

Gap is a good company my store personally was super! They appreciate your anniversary’s working with them and they were great about time off, etc I recommend to anyone!

Pros

Good lunch breaks

Cons

Productive fun place to work love it

Great place to work i want to go back i re applied great and fulfilling job i would reccommend anyone to go there its a great experience a fun place to work

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Shortbreaks

Laid back

It’s ok just have to deal with rude customers we had good management so it wasn’t to bad . But holidays are extremely crazy and fitting room bury is horrible

Common questions about Gap Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at Gap Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight