Gap Inc.

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Fast paced during the Holidays

Pretty good place to work. Pay could be a little higher for all the issues you deal with daily. Overall it’s not too bad, you get use to being yelled at by customers and then fixing their issues and then they are happy.

Pros

They provide the computer (remote)

Cons

Low pay

Pay and hours

The pay was good and the hours were ok. Management I encountered was great and helpful. A good first time job for those entering the work force.

Decent Seasonal job

Sadly, we cannot provide customers with much service. Mostly just telling them disappointing information about their packages, stuff they can find out on their own.Management was decent, they didn't really bother us about talk time.Calls are few and far in between, unless us seasonal employees were just there for the overflow.

Pros

worked from home

Cons

short breaks

It’s alright

Management is trash but the people (coworkers are cool). Felt like I was getting more help and support from coworkers than management. You ask for help from upper management or people who’ve been there longer and get different answers from each person you ask, so it’s confusing.

Pros

Coworker and pay during holidays

Cons

Management & support

What they espuse and what they practice are very different

Im sure gap corporate is great but working un the rocklin call center wasnt. Systems were out dated and over complucated and training was too short. They pay is also too low to actually live in California unless you live at home with parents or are a college student in a dorm

Pros

Employee discount, if call volume is low flexible hours

Cons

Mandatory overtime during the holidays, no parking, not enoughvtraining time.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Great place to get foot in door

A good place to get your foot in the door with call center experience. Overtime though, the repetitiveness and the rude customer will start to wear you out, especially during the holiday seasons. It’s a great opportunity if you take advantage of the seasonal jobs and advance around to other departments. Otherwise, its more worth it to find a different call center job that’ll at least pay more.

Flexible work schedule

Busy everyday, company getting strict, hardest part is dealing with rude customers. I have worked here through the pandemic, worst part is over . Overall this is a good job but would not make a career out of it.

Pros

flexible discount

Cons

rude customers

Bland and stressful

You would log into your computer and have 5 minutes to look at updates on policies and procedures. Then you would start to take calls or do chats depends on your position. If you had a question when speaking with a customer you would have to contact "help desk" and usually they are rude and don't really give you a direct answer so you're just stuck there looking up the answer by yourself.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

stressful rude employees

Amazing Management

Gap Inc takes huge sprides to help you along to achieve your goals. They set you up to suceed not fail.They management is always there to assist you with any questions you might need answered. Friendly.

Pros

Management/Pay

Cons

Customer challenges

Decent Job while in school

The nature of the work is super easy and almost gets boring. Same calls coming in every day of people having issues. Must have thick skin to work here. Management is hit or miss.

Pros

Flexible schedule, independent work

Cons

metrics

Jobs at Gap Inc.

Customer Service Representative positions in Rocklin, CA
See more jobs

Nice

Is nice due to we are all at home so its easy work. If you like its easy to get hire there. Home life is great work from home and save on gas. Customer are happy some days and are mean some days

Great management but wish for better pay

Very approachable and helpful managers. They are willing to make accommodations to help you succeed. I just wish the hourly pay was better because I work other jobs to help with more financial stability.

Pros

Everyone wants to help you if you need help

Cons

The pay

Good place to work can be stressful sometimes

Good pay and benefits for full time. Good pto. Supportive management. Room for advancement. Can be stressful dealing with some customers and meeting adherence goals. Able to work remotely all equipment provided

Pros

Good benefits and pay

Cons

Difficult customers

Perks

I love being able to work from home. I just wish I was compensated more for my time. It can be pretty busy as well but overall I would recommend this job.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Hectic

It was great! Now not so much

Our department is relied upon to help out many of the other departments which we can do because we are pretty smart people. But during covid, they continued to hold us to metrics for our department when we were rarely working in our department. We have a new supervisor who is more of a cheerleader than a supervisor. They brought in a fantastic Manager when they were going to split the company, but with the separation called off, they didn't keep her, which is a shame. She understood about communicating with employees. Now their communication is worse than when I started. There are just so many mistakes being made by the company now, and they keep getting worse; they are digging their graves. When you work for Gap, it is nearly impossible to move to a different department or move up. They don't promote employees you have to apply for a job if it is different than what you are currently doing. And if your supervisor doesn't approve, you can't apply. It's easier to apply for a job and get it if you don't work there than if you do. When you work in the call center you aren't allowed to participate in the offerings of "Corporate" you get to see all the emotional support they are being offered daily talks and how to handle stress but if you are in the call center you don't get to participate you just get to see how the upper crust lives while you eat the crumbs.

Pros

If you work in real corporate they have goodies, you get to see how the upper management lives

Cons

Very Hierarchical, The took on Kanye!

Fast pace environment, fun place to work, productive environment

I overall enjoy working for gap inc. The staff is very understanding and works as a team player. Team leaders are always helpful. There’s always room for growth within the company as well.

Very inclusive

Gap Inc. has many opportunities to grow and the place a high importance on training to make sure you feel comfortable. Your team is also super helpful.

VERY Sad and OUTDATED company not in touch with reality 😔

Inflexible work hours, recruiter was much more misleading than usual. They were not even remotely honest or knowledgeable about the position. Only big plus was the HR Manager (who was @ Rocklin in 2017), she was actually upfront and honest. She told it the way it really was. I respect her, but the management there was an absolute joke along with their Salesforce database. They trained us the '"old" way beginning 9/25/17 with the expressed intent that come the Xmas season, 6 weeks hence, they were going to roll out Salesforce and new telephony software and none of what we were being taught would be applicable by the time we went live on the floor. What was the point of all that duplicative and wasted effort? The management actually rolled out new software right on the precipise of the holiday season. It took 3x longer because nobody there understood you can use a sales lead tracking system as a Customer service resolution system. Plus their build out was cheap and arcane. Finally, by the time those incompetents realized their mistake, they switched course again and had us go back to the old way which none of us sufficiently mastered. It was a complete clusterf@#$.Moreover, the so called "escalation/assistance" team didn't want to be bothered with the simplist of questions, let alone deal with an irate customer. Beyond that, their outdated online, shipping and distribution setups were pure 1997. Don't even get me started on the God awful contracts they had with UPS and FedEx. The expectations of the schedule were misleading beyond belief and not rooted in any kind of reality. -

Pros

The checks didn't bounce if you ACTUALLY received it on time. NO JOKE.

Cons

The whole enchilada.

It’s kinda far out but pay well and give great benefits. They also help you a lot your supervisor wants you to succeed so whatever they can do to help they will

Not cool

I started off as a temp in oct 2019 and only stayed until December and was told there was room to move up and also the season was suppose to be over mid January’s , this company didn’t even give the temps a heads up that they were going to be letting people go and put a lot of people in stressful situations

Great

Love the flexibility they always have work time schedule just the down part job was seasonal wish I could of stayed but it’s okay things happen for a reason