Gap Inc.
Information from Gap Inc.:

Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

United States2,410 reviews
Found 2,410 reviews matching the search
Great place to work and feel appreciated. Compensation is fair and management is supportive. Employees are fun and easy to work with. Good work/life balance.
Honestly A great job the crew there was fantastic but did have a bit of a clique mentality but nothing to crazy. The management team were great people who did feel like they cared a lot. honestly sad i left
Pros
Easy Work load, flexible schedule
I had a great time working here but the management team failed to communicate effectively. One manager would tell me one thing and the other would say the exact opposite.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Communication
Amazing. Been with GAP, Inc for 6 years now. I still don't even make $15 an hour, and here you are offering new hires $18 an hour plus a $500 sign on bonus. Unreal.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Worked at Gap during College. It worked for the time being and was a great place to meet friends.

This was my first job so I didn't have high expectations
Was a great experience here and I was very impressed with my job. If only it would have been permanen. Besides that is was a great experience highly recommend
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Strict
Competence, excellent performance, and rapport with customers is not rewarded. Inconsistent application of performance standards and excessive drama aloud to pervade the work environment.
Hours can be long, and you must keep busy, if you work hard enough to fill out your work quota they'll keep you and they may hire you full time. Pay and benefits are good, but the management doesn't treat employees very well. I would say it's a good place to gain work experience but not a place to have a career.
Pros
Good pay and benifits.
Cons
Strict quotas, and poor management.
Feels horrible and seems like they don’t care. I wouldn’t recommend working here unless your looking for something temporary. They ylurnjust as easily as replaceable as anyone else.
Pros
Don’t care
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gap Inc.?
While working at GAP I went to school and had to complete and externship at a hospital. At GAP they were understanding and helped me get through everything.
This is a good job if you are needing something to do. I also think that overall it was a good place to work and was fun I think that it is an easy job to do also.
the employee discount sucks i would rather use the promotions that the customers use they get a better deal than I do. They act like they are shopping at the thrift store.
Pros
part time hours
Cons
everything else
Poorly managed, shifting priorities by leadership. Money not always where their mouth is when it comes to values and ethics. Remains a victim of macro shifts and doesn't know how to get out of its own way.
Honestly I feel like it’s for teenagers that’s still in school or for first timers (like this your first job) .
Not really for people that have real bills because they only give you 15-20 hours every 2 weeks they pay changes like every 2 years I think so right now it’s at $11 . They are constantly at your neck like let’s say if you don’t get a gap card or a good gap rewards they make you feel bad when really nobody wanna to sign up so yes it’s a bit competitive working there . But the work is really easy you can really pick up everything in 3 days .
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Gap Inc. is good depending on which department you’re working for as well as your seniority.

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Gap Inc. are good. As a full time employee I have full benefits which is nice but the pay is fairly low for the type of work that’s done.
Every day is similar, you make sure the store is clean and that customers have what they need. However, managers hassle you to get card/rewards signups and chase customers around the store in order to provide "good customer service". Most times, customers aren't interested in opening a credit card, but this somehow reflects badly on you as an employee. That aside, the hours are flexible and daily tasks are easy.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Unattainable sales goals, annoying managers
Overall good place to work when starting out in retail. Good work life balance, management fairly flexible with scheduling. Definitely underpaid compared to other retailers in the field.
Pros
Con workers and direct supervisors
Cons
Upper management
Was interviewed as a keyholder for night shift however they decided not to tell me that I would be working on the floor for days instead at an entry level position. Wasn't happy about that at all. The store I worked at was at the Livermore outlets in CA and when you got to work you had to park in the employee parking lot which was shared by all the other stores in the mall as well. The walk to work was about a half a mile. Management would park where the customers were but everyone else was not supposed to and we were all notified you parked there at your own risk because apparently you would get a parking ticket. My experience here was a dive however I'm sure other Gap stores are better.
Pros
Brand discounts
Cons
Poor management, parking arrangements, ect.
working here was fun at first, but than I realized that I never got what I wanted for a schedule, the people I worked with where very two faced and you can tell who liked you and who didn't, almost like management had favorites and same with some of the employees. Some of the employees where very rude to me. It stressed me out working there everyday and I didnt feel welcomed or very appreciated while being there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
management, hourly pay, flexibility
My experience working for Gap was overall satisfactory, I learned a lot in a short amount of time. Even though it was a part-time job, I was sometimes able to pick up more hours than I was scheduled for. My co-workers were all very helpful and made the time working there worthwhile. Management was super accommodating and listened to me when I had a question or concern. This is a super flexible job, it's ideal for people in school or with other important responsibilities.
Pros
I like the companies' work ethic.
Cons
Sometimes work hours would extend after closing.
Learned much about the retail industry and about people management. Good perks and good advancement opportunities. Management depends on the store, but I had luck.