GAP Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 1, 2018
Perfect place to work post undergraduate school. My manager was very helpful and understand. I wish we had more time off and vacation days, and the pay was low for the area.
Very new employee
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 31, 2018
I have no complaints. I have been handled very fairly and on time. The communication with my recruiter to my new workplace was very active and clear. Looking forward to the opportunities with this company.
Pros
Training and advancement
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and fun workplace
Personnel Security Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 25, 2018
*required to work at your own pace on a daily basis.
*job does not pay all that well for the type of work.
*management is laid back, very little micro-managing.
It was a job close to home with good hours!
Personnel Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 21, 2018
I have no comment at this time nor will I in the future. It was a full time job that paid the bills. The hours were the best... no holidays no weekends, strictly a Monday - Friday deal.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Gate Traffic
Workplace Culture
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 8, 2018
A typical day was a breeze to get through. The employees got along and all the work got done for the day. Little direct supervision allowed employees to flourish. Great place to start for entry-level.
Pros
Work atmosphere, overtime available, communication
Cons
Short breaks
Generally a great place to work
Account Manager - National Security Programs (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 28, 2018
In 16 years with the company, I was provided ample opportunities t grow, having held more than a half-dozen positions with the company, including an opportunity to move from a billable contract role to headquarters. Great flexibility with family/life situations and the ability to work remotely is great. I would highly recommend GAP to anyone looking to get their foot in the door with a company they can grow with.
Pros
Schedule Flexibilty, Pay, Leave Benefits
Excellent environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Great place to work. Very supportive manager and coworkers. Different and rewarding assignments. Opportunity to work in different places and environments.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Alright as a temporary job ( no more than a year)
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 20, 2018
The contract in which I work for was terrible, the level of micromanaging they did to their employers was at a toddler level. As a good worker we were not allow to make up time, if we had a doctor appointment we had to use our leave which in return left us with nothing when it came to taking an actual vacation. Our work still remain whether we needed more time or not, no one else would pick up the slack. There was zero flexibility, and the company didn't really stand out for the employee when the people who we were contract under (DoS) were constantly adding more and more duties with same pay.
My coworker got fired at 7 months pregnant because the office in which we work for there was a misunderstanding between my coworker an another girl, Gap let her go instead of trying to relocate her at least temporary until her baby was born.
Pros
good company if you are fresh out of college
Cons
not good for the long term
N/a
Passenger Movement Clerk (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 22, 2018
A simple clerical job to assist Soldiers/ customers in arranging the proper official travel to ensure proper routing and funding of procured movements.
Boring and no career advancement
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
It was a pleasant work office with low pay and no career advancement.The management came to visit every couple of months to boost morale which wasn't too low.
Secure
Legal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 26, 2018
Great Company if you want a Job that is secure and happy with what is offered up front. Downside few opportunities for advancement or raises and the benefits are not strong.
Gap Solutions
Accounting Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2018
Agency for contract work. Based in Virginia, but has contracts with agencies over the country. Very familiar with their clients, however not so familiar with their work load and responsibilities.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Bimonthly Pay
Logostics Team Lead
Lead Instructor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMay 1, 2018
Gap Solutions allowed me many opportunities that were not accessible to me prior to taking the job. The most impressive part was I was allowed to do my job with little to no interference from those appointed above me. They place value on retaining quality employees and ensuring that each team has what they need to accomplish the tasks at hand.
Awesome Job
Property Accountability Augmentation Team (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSApril 8, 2018
It was an excellent company to work for and I would love to be able to work them in the future. It was nice to apply my 15 years of service to my everyday job.
Working for Gap Solution
Senior Software Engineer USFDA (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 5, 2018
Mostly teleworking as a developer. Did not interact with other GAP employees very much. I enjoyed the type of work I was responsible for doing, and did receive acknowledgement from management
productive but weather could sometimes be harsh.
under body coater (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAMarch 28, 2018
Overall an ok work environment. Supervisors gave a family like atmosphere. Other employees could be sometimes difficult but otherwise were not a problem.
Pros
extra work (if wanted)
Cons
elements can be at time difficult to deal with
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 7, 2018
Gap solutions was pretty fun & relaxed. Not too fast & not too slow, seasonal job only but liked how everything was. Job security was the only down fall.
Pros
Relaxed enviroemnt
Cons
Job Security
Normal
wearhouse associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2018
Great job with great company make it easier to find a pair of jeans and a commitment to do more. Over the last 46 years, the company has grown from a single store to a global fashion business with five brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta and Intermix. Gap's clothes are available in 90
Pros
Break time
Cons
Good benifite
Micromanagement
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2018
Too much micromanagement, management ask for your opinion in words only. But really do they place values on what you say. There action speak louder than there words. Your work is scrutinize from every perspective. One of the problems I found, you are not giving all of the information you need in order to be more effective in your job. However employees do provide a culture for supporting each other ideals, opinion, and wiliness to help. The problem lies within management and management alone. Whoever reads this review please keep in mind. There is two sides to every coin. I am providing you my side from my perspective from what I experienced.
Pros
Great coworker and pay
Cons
Too much micromanagement
Good experience but little money for a single person
Junior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 23, 2018
The job was an easy relaxed job, and I received a higher clearance through it. However, being a single person living on my own with normal expenses and student loans, I had $200 left over at the end of the MONTH.
Pros
Higher Clearance
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight