GAP Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Alright as a temporary job ( no more than a year)
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 20, 2018
The contract in which I work for was terrible, the level of micromanaging they did to their employers was at a toddler level. As a good worker we were not allow to make up time, if we had a doctor appointment we had to use our leave which in return left us with nothing when it came to taking an actual vacation. Our work still remain whether we needed more time or not, no one else would pick up the slack. There was zero flexibility, and the company didn't really stand out for the employee when the people who we were contract under (DoS) were constantly adding more and more duties with same pay.
My coworker got fired at 7 months pregnant because the office in which we work for there was a misunderstanding between my coworker an another girl, Gap let her go instead of trying to relocate her at least temporary until her baby was born.
Pros
good company if you are fresh out of college
Cons
not good for the long term
N/a
Passenger Movement Clerk (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 22, 2018
A simple clerical job to assist Soldiers/ customers in arranging the proper official travel to ensure proper routing and funding of procured movements.
Boring and no career advancement
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
It was a pleasant work office with low pay and no career advancement.The management came to visit every couple of months to boost morale which wasn't too low.
Secure
Legal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 26, 2018
Great Company if you want a Job that is secure and happy with what is offered up front. Downside few opportunities for advancement or raises and the benefits are not strong.
Gap Solutions
Accounting Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2018
Agency for contract work. Based in Virginia, but has contracts with agencies over the country. Very familiar with their clients, however not so familiar with their work load and responsibilities.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Bimonthly Pay
Logostics Team Lead
Lead Instructor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMay 1, 2018
Gap Solutions allowed me many opportunities that were not accessible to me prior to taking the job. The most impressive part was I was allowed to do my job with little to no interference from those appointed above me. They place value on retaining quality employees and ensuring that each team has what they need to accomplish the tasks at hand.
Awesome Job
Property Accountability Augmentation Team (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSApril 8, 2018
It was an excellent company to work for and I would love to be able to work them in the future. It was nice to apply my 15 years of service to my everyday job.
Working for Gap Solution
Senior Software Engineer USFDA (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 5, 2018
Mostly teleworking as a developer. Did not interact with other GAP employees very much. I enjoyed the type of work I was responsible for doing, and did receive acknowledgement from management
productive but weather could sometimes be harsh.
under body coater (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAMarch 28, 2018
Overall an ok work environment. Supervisors gave a family like atmosphere. Other employees could be sometimes difficult but otherwise were not a problem.
Pros
extra work (if wanted)
Cons
elements can be at time difficult to deal with
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 7, 2018
Gap solutions was pretty fun & relaxed. Not too fast & not too slow, seasonal job only but liked how everything was. Job security was the only down fall.
Pros
Relaxed enviroemnt
Cons
Job Security
Normal
wearhouse associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2018
Great job with great company make it easier to find a pair of jeans and a commitment to do more. Over the last 46 years, the company has grown from a single store to a global fashion business with five brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta and Intermix. Gap's clothes are available in 90
Pros
Break time
Cons
Good benifite
Micromanagement
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2018
Too much micromanagement, management ask for your opinion in words only. But really do they place values on what you say. There action speak louder than there words. Your work is scrutinize from every perspective. One of the problems I found, you are not giving all of the information you need in order to be more effective in your job. However employees do provide a culture for supporting each other ideals, opinion, and wiliness to help. The problem lies within management and management alone. Whoever reads this review please keep in mind. There is two sides to every coin. I am providing you my side from my perspective from what I experienced.
Pros
Great coworker and pay
Cons
Too much micromanagement
Good experience but little money for a single person
Junior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 23, 2018
The job was an easy relaxed job, and I received a higher clearance through it. However, being a single person living on my own with normal expenses and student loans, I had $200 left over at the end of the MONTH.
Pros
Higher Clearance
Cons
Low pay
Contractor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 12, 2018
It is a wonderful company to work with. It is fast paced company and I learned a lot during my tenure. Th work environment is great and had the great colleagues.
Contractual Lab Tech
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Shepherdstown, WVJanuary 11, 2018
It could have been a great job if they didn't place me to work in a very conservative environment.

I should have had a better job with more money. The pay was far below what it should have been.

I felt degraded working for someone with less education than myself, granted you can't pick your bosses.

The work they had me do with a Masters of Science was degrading, to the point of literally scrubbing peoples boots.

Gap Solutions Inc should place people into appropriate jobs, or pay them well. I was paid 3-4 GS levels below my educational GS pay grade should have been.
Cons
bad boss at lab they placed me at
Gap Solutions
French Program Assistan (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 29, 2017
I think as a starting out job, it was alright but there was no room for advancement, pay was not good and bad company policies. there was no room for telework. They are very strict about how you use PTO.
HAd a nice cafeteria
Gap in Employment (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 18, 2017
Typical day was easy I was in the picking area so I just had to make sure I met my numbers everyday
I learned how a wearhouse works
The management is very organized
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Short breaks
Working at Gap Solutions was okay but they offered no benefits or paid time off
Medical Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 17, 2017
Day at work was okay, I learned how to schedule patients through a telephone and computer system which was new to me. I enjoyed the workplace culture.
Pros
Great manager, flexibilty
Cons
job demographics was secured
Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 8, 2017
GAP Solutions is a great company to work for. Great work life balance. Overall, great management that cares for its employees. However, the job may feel a bit pigeon holed, but it is only to reach out and create other opportunities for yourself.
Pros
Work / Life Balance
Cons
Development
Good Job
PAAT Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSOctober 4, 2017
Very Good Company working for, treat like a family, good Management, unfortunately contract ended and Management changed and have not fair rehiring. And now still a good company but wrong management.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight