GAP Solutions, Inc.

GAP Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA33 reviews
Bad company
I did not enjoy my time working with Gap Solutions, the managers were more for themselves then the employee. It was a contracting job and the federal employees to full advantage of the situation.
One of the worst contractors in the D.C. area
GAP Solutions is one of the worst contractors in the D.C. area. They are greedy, callous micro-managers to the worst degree.

At the end of the day, this organization only cares about butts in seats so that they can bill. They will hire anyone with an undergrad degree and a clearance. They did not even bother to bring me in for an onsite interview when I was going through the hiring process. Despite "butts in seats" being their prerogative, they either have no problem with the bleeding attrition taking place at their Arlington (FSI) contract or have no competent strategy in place to combat the issue. I worked there less than a year and saw 10 coworkers leave. This was roughly 1/3 of the office. GAP underpays its staff and offers them no opportunities for growth. The only promotional opportunity GAP offers is the Program Assistant III.

The PMs are almost entirely absent and seem to go AWOL on the rare occasion you need to reach them. They visit the office maybe once every 6 weeks, despite working onsite. 3 hours of PTO is accrued every pay period, which is the worst rate I have ever heard in this area. PTO is NOT paid out if you leave the company after working there for less than a year. This is almost unheard of for a government contractor. PMs only care that you come to work and fill out your timesheet. You must work EXACTLY 8 hours every day, no more, no less.

The government shutdown ended at 7 PM on a Thursday and one of GAP's PMs personally called me multiple times to hassle me about going in to work on Friday, despite my government supervisors not being mandated
 - more...
Poor Mgt & no salary increase even when benefits cost went up.
Better Management
And better wages.

More communication with upper management.

Being able to advance.

More communication with what was expected on being on a government contract.
Great place to work at
Fast paced, Lateral Leadership, Great office layout and loved Monday breakfast. Good group of folks that are there to take care of their employees and the client.
Productive place
The pay was very hard to work with. Management were set in their ways and wouldn't make proper changes to help with work production. The people there was very nice, I enjoyed my co-workers.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Awesome place to work
If my position had not relocated I would still be at GAP Solutions. Great place to work and with an awesome team!! Definitely recommend GAP Solutions to everyone
Great workplace
GAP is a great company. I think they listen to our concerns even if nothing comes of it but at least they are willing to go to the higher ups with our concerns.
Perfect place to work post undergraduate school. My manager was very helpful and understand. I wish we had more time off and vacation days, and the pay was low for the area.
Very new employee
I have no complaints. I have been handled very fairly and on time. The communication with my recruiter to my new workplace was very active and clear. Looking forward to the opportunities with this company.
Pros
Training and advancement
Cons
Healthcare
Generally a great place to work
In 16 years with the company, I was provided ample opportunities t grow, having held more than a half-dozen positions with the company, including an opportunity to move from a billable contract role to headquarters. Great flexibility with family/life situations and the ability to work remotely is great. I would highly recommend GAP to anyone looking to get their foot in the door with a company they can grow with.
Pros
Schedule Flexibilty, Pay, Leave Benefits
Alright as a temporary job ( no more than a year)
The contract in which I work for was terrible, the level of micromanaging they did to their employers was at a toddler level. As a good worker we were not allow to make up time, if we had a doctor appointment we had to use our leave which in return left us with nothing when it came to taking an actual vacation. Our work still remain whether we needed more time or not, no one else would pick up the slack. There was zero flexibility, and the company didn't really stand out for the employee when the people who we were contract under (DoS) were constantly adding more and more duties with same pay.
My coworker got fired at 7 months pregnant because the office in which we work for there was a misunderstanding between my coworker an another girl, Gap let her go instead of trying to relocate her at least temporary until her baby was born.
Pros
good company if you are fresh out of college
Cons
not good for the long term
Working for Gap Solution
Mostly teleworking as a developer. Did not interact with other GAP employees very much. I enjoyed the type of work I was responsible for doing, and did receive acknowledgement from management
It is a wonderful company to work with. It is fast paced company and I learned a lot during my tenure. Th work environment is great and had the great colleagues.
Gap Solutions
I think as a starting out job, it was alright but there was no room for advancement, pay was not good and bad company policies. there was no room for telework. They are very strict about how you use PTO.
Working at Gap Solutions was okay but they offered no benefits or paid time off
Day at work was okay, I learned how to schedule patients through a telephone and computer system which was new to me. I enjoyed the workplace culture.
Pros
Great manager, flexibilty
Cons
job demographics was secured
Great Company
GAP Solutions is a great company to work for. Great work life balance. Overall, great management that cares for its employees. However, the job may feel a bit pigeon holed, but it is only to reach out and create other opportunities for yourself.
Pros
Work / Life Balance
Cons
Development
Nice diverse work environment
I've enjoyed and enjoy working for Gap Solutions, they have a diverse working environment, they have excellent pay and benefits, and also they have have great work assignments.
Nice company good learning experience
Loved working on contract and great learning experience. Moved out of area otherwise would not have left. Miss my co-workers.
Wonderful company, that is still growing!!
GAP Solutions is a company that I started with in 2006, that had just been awarded its first large contract with DON. Over the past 10 years, I still have friends who have worked here, and attributed to the growth of the company. I learned alot here, and met some wonderful people along the way.
Pros
Lots of room for growth, large company
Gaps Solutions
I enjoyed working for this entity and was quite disappointed when my employment with them ended. I can honestly say that everything about this company was amazing.
Pros
Open door policy
Average contract agency
Seeking a full time position, The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching co-workers and I love warehousing. That's why I have 24 years of experience and love to be competitive and achieving goals .
Pros
Warehousing and leading projects to a level of excellence.
Cons
No full time advancements I have been trying to get a full time with HHS @ Perry point.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight