Gap Employee Reviews

Gap Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 14, 2018
I usually worked 3 days per week. Mostly closing nights on weekdays and 8 hour shifts on weekends. My typical day is cashiering first thing, then processing clothing and cleaning up the store afterwards
Pros
paid 15 minutes, good discount, time passes by quickly
Cons
stressful, busy days, some physical pain (legs hurt, back hurts)
Never worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 11, 2018
I worked at gap for a month and have worked a total of 9 hours. You're schedule is never set. I was told I was going to be getting almost 40 hours a week, some weeks I don't even work. They will send you you schedule but will call you that day to tell you they cut your shift because they didn't make enough money that day. I have been called as I was pulling into the parking lot 20 mins before my shift started.
Pros
None.
Cons
Never working
Overall company cares about employees and provides growth potential and benifits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 10, 2018
Company cares about employees and provides growth potential and benefits. Not easy to get promoted because of the limited position availability at the retail side of the business.
Not a job for adults.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73127January 9, 2018
This job is PRIMARILY great for teenagers or students who are in college who are currently, living with their parents. If you are living alone, taking college classes, and you do not have another job, this job is not for you. Hourly pay is more than you would expect from a retail store, which is why it is perfect for people who do not have the responsibilities of paying most of their bills.
Pros
Hourly pay better than most retail jobs.
Cons
Unless you are an adult and a manager, this job is not for most adults unless you have a second job.
part time
Sales ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 9, 2018
My job was a part time job though it was what i could do while I was a student. The hours and days off or working were so speratic and I had no really set schedule in my life. With that some weeks I barley worked and made no money so it was just to inconsistent for me to continue working there.
Relaxed place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoy working in the baby section. Over in the babyGap was fast paste all the time and the customers were really demanding. Also it was easy selling gap cards in that section.
only a few shifts per month
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 7, 2018
inconsistent hours, no room to move up. Management was very rude and inconsistent in directions.only available hours are during holidays the after it becomes scarce.
Fun workplace!
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at GAP. Although I was sad when management told us the location was closing, the time I spent there was worthwhile. Some days were slower than others but I really enjoyed helping the customers pick out new wardrobe items and gifts for family members/friends. The hardest part about working there was working on Black Friday. I had never worked in such a hectic situation but it was a learning experience. I loved the management and all my coworkers.
It was an okay job great for high school students.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 5, 2018
This job wasn’t the greatest pay but co-workers were friendly and the breaks were great. Hours were cut often and at random. The winter was the worse season to work.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks plus two 15’s
Cons
Pay
Great part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I worked with friendly people who worked with my schedule. I worked there year round and worked about 5-10 hours a week throughout the year and would typically pick up shifts.
Comfortable and friendly environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  South Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day at work is very relaxed, the relationship with my coworkers was awesome, we would always help each other to make the costumer service very efficient. My manager would always help me improve my abilities and guide me to be a better sales associate at work. We would always get coffee in the mornings, talk with all the coworkers and maintain a good environment. The hardest part of the job was to deal with some costumers but we would all put effort to solve any kind of problem. I really liked working there and It was such a good experience for me. I would totally recommend it.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 4, 2018
I love working at Gap its a great place to work in the retail industry. The managers are great they work with you and help you out if you ever have a problem. If Gap is your second job they will work around your schedule.
Healthy, productive Enviornment
Fabric RD Associate- Gapfit- Freelance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
The Gap environment encourages productivity and success. It encourages employees to learn, perfect their skill, learn to work closely and collaborate with others, all the while not being overworked. The most enjoyable part of my current position is that I feel as though I am learning a lot and still building necessary experience to further my career.
Basic Retail Life
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Shipment was fun and honestly the best part of working in retail. Its very fast paced and demanding. Friendly working environment for those interested .
Good Place to Work
Level 2 Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 28, 2017
If you're looking for flexible hours and a place to develop your retail skills, this is the place. Over a typical day, you'll be able to do things from cashing out customers to selling credit programs and putting fashion first.
Pros
Flexible hours, fun environment
Cons
Limited full-time jobs
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2017
folding clothes. Making sure the floor was very neat. Making sure customers were satisfied. Also handling the fitting room. It was a very good experience
Pros
30mins break
Cons
15 mins break
my opinion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 20, 2017
Working at the gap was alright. The only thing is that the hours was not steady you can be working 32 hours one week and the nest you working a 4 hour shift. For those who is solemnly relying on that one income i don't know how they do it.
Pros
discount, chill enviorment
Cons
no set schedule
Fast Paced and family oriented environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2017
Loved the Gap environment where everyone treated each other like family. Worked well with your schedule as well. The managers cared for their team and left no one behind.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
Fast Paced, Always Busy.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYDecember 12, 2017
Working at gap in the mall kept me on my toes. it helped me gain more multitasking skills : i could be fixing a display table where a costumer needed assistance in a return , and there i go to help. Loved working in gap.
Pros
good breaks, team was like a family
Cons
not a good break room
The best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA 17011December 8, 2017
This was my first job and byfar my absolute favourite. Everyone I have worked with at Gap has been so incredibly helpful and kind. Everyone loves each other it was truly like we were one big family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.