Gap Employee Reviews

Found 3,810 reviews matching the search See all 4,580 reviews
Great teamwork
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2019
Never a dull moment. The people, office atmosphere and office events are great. Can get buried with work and at times not feel supported by management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hard to maintain work/life balance
January 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Gap Inc., we value the overall well-being of our employees, both in and out of the workplace. We are committed to activating this mission across the organization, everyday.

productive fast paced, friendly fun place to work.
Gap Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 26, 2019
Overnight Stock/ merchandiser. unloaded, unboxed folded and sorted all new or old merchandise for sales. restocked and moved features and departments if needed or told to by manager. Management is very helpful friendly and great to have. The company offers lots of discounts and benefits. GAP holds alot of charitable fundraisers and helps people who are in need of help in or out of work place. I recommend working for this company to anyone who is in the retail business. Overall working for the GAP is fantastic. I love my job and all that i do.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours sometime vary
February 7, 2019

We're so glad to see you'd recommend us as an employer. Thanks for leaving a thoughtful review!

No room for advancement
Expertise in Reporting and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 12, 2019
There is no room for advancement unless you have a degree. It doesn't matter how much experience a person has or how well they preform. New hires come in making barely less than someone that has been with the company for years. The annual raise gets smaller every year and new hire pay goes up every year.
Pros
Paid lunch, insurance package, weekly pay
Cons
Poor raises, no recognition, no room for advancement
Great Place to Work
Fulfillment Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2019
I really enjoyed my time with Gap and had numerous opportunities to advance within the company. They would provide yearly raises, bonus, discounts, and benefits. There were also opportunities to gain education either directly through Gap or through tuition reimbursements.
Pros
Multiple Benefits
January 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing! We understand there are things outside of the workplace that are important to our employees. We are proud to offer a wide variety of benefits as a way to showcase our appreciation.

Great Benefits
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 22, 2018
Gap offers decent benefits, more so than I've seen with other companies. I'm also very happy with the volunteering the company participates in. However, pay is not consistent among peers. People in the same position can be a $4-$5 difference, even if they have similar tenure and experience.
Pros
Benefits and Time off
Cons
Inconsistent pay among peers, Work Life Balance
December 6, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. At Gap Inc., we're proud of our equal pay for equal work policy and are committed to paying each employee fairly. As a current employee, we encourage you to continue to share feedback with us through our Open Door process so we can work to drive positive change across the company.

Great place to work very great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MNFebruary 8, 2019
Overall I loved working for Gap Inc. I love how passionate every employee is about working for that company and all the fun opportunities that Gap provides for their staff. The only downside was the management community was very gossipy and uninviting. Both times I worked for this company the Sr. managers were very cold and uninviting. Managers that have been employed 10+ years make it hard to enjoy your time at work because you feel like you don't belong. I know many people in management that had to leave this company because of the clique type environment.
Pros
benefits, breaks, pto
review
Store Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Gap IT helpdesk Store support position is the most advanced skilled and fast pacing environment. Management is very difficult to approach. Very high turn over rate of contract positions. Only one to two positions were converted to permanent employment over course of each year. Schedule is spanned over 24 hours each day and open 365 days per year.
Pros
Awesome IT Helpdesk Opportunity
Cons
No Benefits, High percentage of contract positions vs employee
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2018
Gap it’s a nice place to work , but the reason why I’m leaving it’s because there’s no benefit only the discount, and barely give you raise, and I need more hours.
November 30, 2018

We are sorry to hear this. At Gap Inc., we understand there are things beyond the workplace that are important to our employees and we are proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to all of our employees. We offer part-time and full-time employees an opportunity to save for retirement through our GapShare 401(k) Plan.

Overall, its a great place to gain retail and customer service experience but would definetly not recommend for a permanent career.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2018
Grants good discounts and benefits but lacks recognition to its loyal employees. Force you to produce unrealistic results on minimum payroll...no overtime.
Pros
Discounts and benefits
Cons
Greedy with payroll, lacks severe communication within management, demands unrealistic results, expectations on little or no payroll.
Great work culture at the Gap
SENIOR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2018
Gap Inc. has a great work culture and commitment to doing the right thing. I left the company and came back to be rehired. There was great stability and team of talented, diverse people.
Benefits
Cons
Restructuring
November 30, 2018

We love to hear this! We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning.

Want to know more about Gap?

Ask a question
Amazing company
Call center agent (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CA 95765January 22, 2019
This is a great company to work, ability to add hours, flexability. Great benefits and discounts. Supervisor are always their to answer questions and help you benefit from the company.
February 7, 2019

This is what we love to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience and taking the time to leave a review.

Great first time retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendship Heights, MDNovember 15, 2018
Gap was a great company to work for. The do care about their employees above and beyond. Management was little biased to me due to the location I was at. They do offer great benefits but moistly for full time workers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
growth within the company
November 30, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry to hear this. We have always believed, since the very beginning of our company, that Gap Inc. should be a place where all of our employees feel welcome and supported. We work hard to activate this mission in real and tangible ways across our organization, every day.

Gap in Review
VP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
Gap is an excellent company with great benefits and support for its staff. They offer outstanding pay and benefits. You learn a lot. Build great relationships. It is a competitive environment and constantly changing. So buckle up.
December 6, 2018

We are glad to hear you have had a positive experience with Gap Inc. We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning.

Great, stable, predictable place to work
Tax Provision Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2018
Gap was a great place to work for someone who wants something stable, predictable, and not chaotic and fast-paced. For someone who really wants to move up quickly and to be a top earner, this is *not* the place, but for someone who just wants predictability, this is a great place.
Pros
Steady, predictable, great health benefits
Cons
lower pay & slower advancement
Innovative retailer with ethical sourcing and sustainability programs
Director Product Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2018
Overall, decent company to start a retail career. Workplace culture is dependent on your specific leadership. Not all areas demonstrate or reward Gap Inc. values.
Pros
Company values, global sustainability initiatives, benefits, scale
Cons
Inconsistent strategy and lack of collaboration by leadership
fun and easy going working for gap inc.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 14, 2019
easy going job, with great benefits and pto. a typical work day would always have online orders and promo glitches to resolve. can get a little crazy getting towards the holidays.
Pros
discounts, benefits, 401k, pto, vacation
Cons
mandatory overtime
Part time managers get no benefits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Working at Gap was fun but the pay was not worth the stress. The store manager is never at the store or closes. All the assistant managers have to pick up the slack. There’s drama with in the assistant managers as well. Part time assistant managers do not get any benefits or earn PTO. District is horrible. They will not support you but will nag at you if something goes wrong. All they care about is stores making their GAP CARD GOAL. HR is non never on your side either. This company is a joke. I can see why they’re doing horrible.
February 15, 2019

We are disappointed to hear this. We take your feedback to heart and appreciate hearing your comments as we continue to promote positive change across the company.

Nice Place to Work. Need to pay better.
Remote Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Environment in triaining is cool but seating in the call center is bad. You have to look for a seat with a badge number and this is why they are offering more remote positions. I love that I work remotely from home which is amazing. Good benefits. I work in customer support not customer service. I think the pay rate in this position should be at least 16/hour because of what it entails. It is not regular customer service. Managers are cool and friendly. Mandatory over time during holiday season which is hectic. Overall it is cool but I just think pay should be more.
Pros
Opportunity to work from home
Cons
Pay rate
January 25, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We value employee feedback and appreciate the time you took to leave a review.

Fun And fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Great place to work,Gap really cares about it employees, Company did a lot for employees, monthly drawing for great prizes benefits are amazing, some of the best I have ever had.
Pros
flexible schedule
January 25, 2019

We love to hear this! We value the well-being of our employees, both in and out of the workplace. We work hard to activate this mission in tangible ways across the organization, everyday.

great place to work
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJanuary 8, 2019
very fast paced, very busy, supervisors are friendly and helpful, great discounts and benefits. overall a great company to work for. manyy job opportunities.
January 25, 2019

We're happy to see you note our career growth opportunities as a pro! We are fully dedicated to the development of our employees. In fact, many of our longest tenured team members got their start in fashion at one of our stores!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.6K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

88%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

93%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss