Here to help
Coronavirus update

Gap Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA51 reviews
I enjoy working at Gap because of the friendly working environment. Everyone is nice and easy to get long with and the job is pretty relaxed. The only downside is how pushy management is for cashiers to open credit cards. They also judge your performance based on how many credit cards you open as well as rewards. I do not think that is fair and performance should be judged by how you help and interact with customers.
August 8, 2019
Thank you for leaving a review. We understand selling credit cards can be a pain point for some of our store employees. We've rolled out the BRIGHT Rewards Program to help get to know our customers better without the added pressure of signing up for a credit card. Hopefully, this will improve the experience for employees and customers.
Great and very down to earth individuals all around that made sure that I could be a great addition to the team and an outstanding asset to the company
You fold clothes and help people. There is not much more to it. I was just a seasonal Retail Associate, so I was in and out for summers and holidays. My time working there, all the employees were nice and fun, and they are pretty flexible about hours as long as you can work at least once on weekends.
amazing place to work. I was seasonal, offered to stay regular and I took it because of how great the atmosphere was. They were flexible and understanding. Amazing management always looking to get the best out of you and encouraging you to be better and that you can do it. I honestly miss working here and I have never liked retail or even considered working retail. Gap changed thatminset for me. m
Everyday feels like inventory when your at the gap. Keep that in mind when working in retail store. Lots of merchandise means lots of folding! Choose your schedule wisely.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Working at Gap factory is a lot of physical work for not a lot of money. Another downside is that we do not receive any sort of commission for hitting our goal as a Team. If we had, then doing so much physical work would make more sense, but It doesn't make any sense for the amount of money we're getting paid. Another downside is that you can be knowledgeable about the company and give great customer service, but, if you're not getting enough Gap cards, then you're pretty much unimportant from a business point of view. Meaning, no raise and no opportunity for growth. I wish these flaws hadn't existed because I would've stayed at Gap. The work culture is great and it's not so strict working here, compared to other jobs I've worked.
Since Gap is a popular place to shop for families, it tends to get hectic on really busy days. Managment likes to push you to sell gap credit cards daily.
This Gap Factory's staff is very welcoming. The management team know what they are doing and do a good job of making sure new hires and associates get on track nice and easy. Just like any other retail job, your performance kind of sets your hours. If you are resourceful (being able to do multiple tasks well) you will be put on the schedule more. You defiantly learn a lot about people from customer servicing here. Even though retail can get pretty hectic around holidays, it is worth the experience!
Pros
managers buy snacks for break room for holidays, able to request days off whenever, managers are nice, able to pick up and post shifts on a convenient work app
Cons
customers can be rude, low hours jan-march
-lack of training (Distract quote "you learn as you go."
- their slogan is achievedthe the Impossible

- they expect you to sell a credit card with interest rates extremely so high

- lack of technology" their computers would always crash and iPods"

- they make a facade the company is a team player
Pros
schedules will be out two weeks in advance
Cons
50% off regular price point and 10% clearance items. Customers get a better deal than employees.
August 8, 2019
We are sorry to hear this. We read all of these reviews and take your feedback to heart. We share feedback like yours with relevant teams who are working hard to improve the employee experience across the company.
Working here is okay as a first job but I did not enjoy working for this company in the long run. The management is mediocre at best and does not have the best interests of their employees in mind. I am grateful to be not working for this company anymore.
July 15, 2019
We are disappointed to hear this. We understand our leaders have a big impact on the overall experience of our employees. We appreciate this feedback as we continue our work to promote positive change across the company. Thank you for leaving a review.
the job itself was not poor. The issue was the managers and my fellow employees and their unkind attitude. The entire staff did not seem welcoming from the beginning of my interview to me allowing my manager to know I am giving my two-week notice. They are also not too kind to customers esp with a language barrier. I took the job hoping id get a great experience and meet new people and earn money, obviously, but the money was not well worth the poor environment I was in.
July 1, 2019
We understand our leaders play a significant role in the overall experience of our employees. We take this feedback to heart and share comments like yours with relevant teams as we continue to improve the employee experience for all.
Too many "higher ups" stepping on each other to get ahead. A lot of fraternizing and nepotism. No one gets promoted, and they are not being honest with the store closing(s). This company made me get out of retail for good.
Pros
Easy work and one hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Management, work life balance, clothes are still expensive even with 50% off discount.
May 9, 2019
We are sorry to hear about your experience. At Gap Inc., we value the contributions of our team members and work to consistently align our practices to our policies, as well as be compliant with appropriate laws. Employees are encouraged to report any suspected violations through our Open Door process.
I worked here part-time during summer 2018 and enjoyed my time there throughout. The staff was very nice and friendly yet driven. Everyone was very professional and patient.
November 5, 2018
Thank you for the feedback! We’re always looking for great people to join our teams across our family of brands. There are tons of great part-time opportunities all over the country and globally.
Amazing company
Team oriented

Hard work ethic

Organized

Professional

Amazing management

Fun at holidays

Fun usual merchandising

Fun visual workshops to become greater
A typical day at the gap is pretty easy but can give you a headache as well. The customers are something i looked forward to each day because they here nice friendly and had great energy.
Pros
na
Cons
na
I liked working for the company. It was my first retail job. My coworkers were like one big family. Management could have been a little better. Job wasnt really hard.
I was only a Sales Associate so I don't really know about Compensation/Benefits. Working at Gap was amazing. The experience was great, managers were extremely helpful. I learned a lot with my experience at Gap and I honestly wouldn't have left, but I was focused on getting my Associate's at the time. Great company to work for but it is very challenging. I learned a lot about retail with my almost 3 years at Gap. Selling Gap cards were challenging, but accomplishing when you got a few!
Pros
Discounts, Culture
Cons
gap cards
August 7, 2018
We believe in the value of teaching skills that our employees can use on the job, but also outside of work as well. We're happy to hear that your experience on our team has reflected this! We've read your comments about credit card applications. One of the things we’re most excited about across the organization is our BRIGHT Rewards program, which allows us to get to know our customers better without the added pressure of having to require them to sign up for a credit card.
The hours are flexible and the employees are great for the most part. The store I worked in was extremely busy and pretty much stayed messy so the cleanup was tedious and exhausting but the pay is fair and the management is encouraging and supportive.
Pros
Gap stores discounts
Cons
Hard physical work
working at this place was honestly the worst experience ever. the managers and assistant managers were so rude and they had favorites. the people who weren't favorites had to do all the work while the favorites just sat and did nothing. if you are a student, they WILL expect you to put this job before your schooling. that's why I left.
When i first started working there it was a very fun environment. as time went on management and job structure changed and made the job less exciting.
It was a seasonal job and of course there was always a customer who made our lives miserable. There was a problem with over hiring and our hours were cut back a lot.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
no healthcare
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.
2K
2K
1.3K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight