Gap Employee Reviews

loyalty

everyday was different,
location to location
visual standards
respond to customer sell through
Laid back in your own world
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 9, 2018
I loved working here it was covenant. The benefits we're amazing. I would go back again especially around the holidays with the bonus pay plus they have a very understanding point system
loved it
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 8, 2018
I did offloading .orderfill, I also did sorter . it was very fun . I love to work there . people where very friendly . I want to work for they they agin if they wounld have me back .
every retail workers experience
womens lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 7, 2018
nothing to tell, worked your butt off for minimum wage. Helped open the store, at local outlet. From rearranging shelving units to merchandising to the floor it was a mess. Little kid attitudes from managment didn't help matters any. Favoritism galore
Pros
nice company discount
Cons
management immature, favoritism
Great management, great co-workers and atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCDecember 6, 2018
I worked at Gap Factory for a little over a year before moving and pursuing school. Management is laid back but also keeps team on track and motivated. Breaks were reasonable and always kept me refreshed when going back on the floor. Loved working with co-workers who were all friendly. Never really had a problem with anything there. I really enjoyed my time at Gap and will definitely return if I were ever to move back!
Pros
Breaks, vending machine
nice friendly enviorment
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 6, 2018
This was a nice place to work. It was really easy. They had nice supervisors and the people who work there are also friendly. The factory was well managed and clean.
Pros
vending machines
Cons
short break
exciting work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2018
A typical day at work involves helping people from all of the world. Making sales and keeping all our customers satisfied. Work is fast pace and I am able to demonstrate my great multitasking skills on a regular basis.
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 5, 2018
Overall Great company to work for- Worked for them for 9 years and loved every second of it. TONS of opportunity for growth and career advancement if retail is for you.
Great part time job
Cashier/Sales Associate/Cash Handler (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, CTDecember 4, 2018
Great part time job for me at the time. Paid fairly for the part time job I had - cashier/cash handler/salesperson. Management was good then changed too often in the last year of my employment.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Too much turnover
Keep the harmony.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 3, 2018
The only thing I can say is a successful Gap store only happens when management and the workers are in harmony. I've been through 3 management changes and only one was successful.

Want to know more about Gap?

Ask a question
Love this company!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2018
By far, this is the best retail company I've worked for. The staff are super friendly. I worked in SF and Sacramento and they both are very understanding of their employees' lives outside of work. I was a student at the time I was working in both places and they were able to accommodate for my schedule changes each semester.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Can get hectic
retail sales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2018
great company to work for out of college but have to like working in a mall and seldom seeing daylight during the winter season. go to work in dark, and leave in dark.
i loved my job
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 2, 2018
i was in unit pick loved it even made grow. then the island no way
i can do it on wheels im almost 60 . loved the work the people the atmosphere my grandbaby work there
Fun and Outgoing place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 1, 2018
always learning and dealing with something new.
never had a difficult time in the work area.
customer service was always the key.
management was wonderful, always working together as a team.
Meh
Service/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2018
It was OK I never really worked retail before so I wasn't completely sure how that works I not something I look forward to doing ever again. Very stressful around the holidays.
Analyst Intern at Gap
IT Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 29, 2018
They are so nice and you should not feel scared or intimidated by them. Just be yourself and make as much connection as possible. I was traded so well and was thought so many things that really helped me feel secure being in that environment. Was always being pushed out of my comfort zone that got me stressed out and made my skills increase with public speaking. I was only going to be there for 6 months and they knew. That all gave me advice and helped me build a plan on what to do next.
Pros
Experiance, culture exposure, creativity, homest feedback
Cons
No free lunch. Fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 29, 2018
Good place to work but be prepared for the customers when they call in for the customers when they call in for help. A little hectic at time but can be a fun job to work.
it was ok.
greeter and assisted customers in dressing area (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
It was a first job. Pay is low and customers are difficult. But no more than anywhere else. I ended up staying for two years because I didn't need to be anywhere else. But management, lack of pay and refusal to advance me forced me out.
productive
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYNovember 28, 2018
I loved this job unfortunate they had to let me go. I really what this kind of job back. I learned so much and what to continue to learn the warehouse.
Not a place I enjoy being at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 27, 2018
GAP does not value it's associates and does not have strong management. It also does NOT foster an environment that allows for customer connections. It is not a place to work if you enjoy talking to customers and building those connections to make them repeat customers and drive sales. This is also not somewhere to work if you want to enjoy coming to work.
Official response from Gap
December 6, 2018

At Gap Inc., we mean it when we say we’re “customer obsessed” and we are sorry to hear that your experience has not reflected this. We encourage our employees to create the best experiences for our customers and are committed to supporting our team in these efforts. As we continue to drive positive change across the company, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.6K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight