Gap Employee Reviews

41.5K
Found 3,454 reviews matching the search See all 4,113 reviews
A learning experience
Stock Supervisor/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 15, 2018
Over worked and under paid is their motto. Management actually violated their own policy in order to ensure that they got bonuses, but it was at the expense of valuable employees. The integrity was very low amongst management. On the up-side, I got a lot of customer service experience.
Fun coworkers, horrible management
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 14, 2018
Working here I have the best time of my life my first year. I made friends and I learned so much. Being that this store is so big you are constantly moving. No time to waste except for when it’s the slow seasons. You can advance in the company but you have got to want it. They notice a hard worker and always be open to different options cause it give you more opportunities. The management is a MESS all the way to the CEO. They feel like they know how your store runs and never spent a day there. They often come in and mess up a good thing and the little guys are made to clean it. It was a good company/store to work for until things started to hit the fan.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
Pay is not enough, management is disgusting, no communication etc
Happy working place with career opportunities
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2018
Typical day at work is costumer focused. Learned brand experience and how to lead a brand shift. Being a manager, Ive learned how to see the bigger picture and how to lead people to get to a desired outcome. Costumer service is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great company to learn and develop to become amazing manager inside the company and personal life.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
Very busy and multi tasking and driving the result to make the daily sale goal. I learn to be a Leader and great Mentor and coach to educating all the employees under me. The harder part of the job was the high numbers of credit cars to open by the daily sales goal projections. The most enjoyable part was the interacting day by day with different persons and different culture.
Pros
discount and Atmosphere as a family.
Cons
Credit cards goal.
Fun place to work!
Visual Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 12, 2018
I've been with the Gap for a few years now and it's been the most exciting job. My team is amazing and I love being able to help customers by providing them with amazing customer service. When they're happy, I'm happy!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2018
I can say that this is a diverse company to work for! I needed more than this of course. I feel strongly that this would be a great place for someone who's looking for a second job. At least you will have a discount and make money.
productive anf fun
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJ 07107August 12, 2018
It's a great job, fast paced but very easy to pick up on things. For the most part all the employess there are very easy to work with. Pay there is well worth it.
Great teams in the stores and terrible upper management changes in the last few years
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 11, 2018
It was a great company to work for for many years , leadership changes and the competition with fast fashion have ruined what made the company great. before it was about offering great training and encouraging independent thinking. Management was actually open to ideas from the field. all changed under the new leadership. They are creating high turnover, mistrust and an overall sense of disorganization and lack of clear goals and no actual organized execution ,
Pros
401k, plenty of vacation
Cons
no work life balance, terrible scheduling
Under staffed with poor management.
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BlackburnAugust 11, 2018
The Company is severely understaffed in all branches and sales offices. The work load is so high and so busy, the working day is incredibly stressful.
Fast Paced, Excellent and engaging Management, Many employees aggressive and fearful
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OHAugust 10, 2018
I did enjoy working at the Gap. The position was seasonal without any benefits except overtime. Many of the employees had criminal backgrounds Fearful
Pros
Cafeteria and Food Truck
Cons
Criminal employees going at each other every day and trying to stay clear of these
Hardworking environment and with friendly co workers and mangers
Picker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 10, 2018
Gap inc is a hardworking environment with friendly workers and workers, the only problem that you have to deal with is the lack of work at the end of peak season.
Good company, bad pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2018
The company itself is good (except when they change sales last minute). The pay isn't great and you're lucky if you get more than 12 hours a week as a sales associate.
Pros
Employee discount
Good Company
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2018
Great benefits and great company to work for. The pay is inline with work duties. Very friendly supporting teams that reward your efforts. The company is growing, a huge plus int todays market!
Gap had an excellent IT team and good middle management
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2018
the gap was a great place to work as they would rotate team members from different teams regularly onto projects outside of their group. the entire IT team as a whole (support, infrastructure, applications, telecom) functioned as a strong cohesive unit.
Pros
exposure to different technologies, strong team attitude
Cons
questionable decisions at times by senior management, lack of attention
friendly environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSAugust 9, 2018
Employees are friendly and very helpful. Learned how to become a team player. Learns different skills each day. The hardest part about this job is changing the mannequins.
Pros
nice breakroom
Great work with young people.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  MNAugust 9, 2018
Flexible hours and great work with young people. Employees should be flexible and willing to go an extra mile for the customer. Constantly changing market. Great for students and interns, but no full-time opportunities.
Working at the Gap
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at The Gap was awesome always meeting somebody new different nationalities, different cultures, people from different countries. The clothes there were pretty amazing especially with the discount, we had casual attire, we had business attire for children and adults.
Fun workplace depending on culture of the store.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work is stressful. Many times you are required to think on your feet at all times. I learned how to manage my time efficiently which in turn taught me to do my job fast and well. The culture is dependent on the GM and their communication skills with their assistant managers. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customers as a group. We love to converse with our customer and get other associates in on the conversation, which makes the customer shop at ease. Sometimes the job does get stressful, when it comes to multiple discounts or the workload the company schedules us.
Head of shipments when I quit
Head of shipment (Former Employee) –  W Des Moines, IAAugust 8, 2018
Early morn shipments, made lifelong friends with MGRs, co workers & customers. Holidays were stressful, we worked together & survived. We were family.
Pros
Lifelong friends, learned about clothing
Cons
Holidays- sometimes customers
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 8, 2018
Fun work environment, very flexible with schedules. All managers were understanding of school schedules and made accommodations. Friendly managers and coworkers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

87%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss