Gap Employee Reviews

Found 4,078 reviews matching the search See all 4,916 reviews
Okay place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 19, 2019
Gap can be a really productive and fun place to work. They have always been flexible with my schedule and accepting when I need a day off. Gap is very strict when it comes to pushing the Gap card and our new loyalty program, Bright. It's almost overbearing. Overall though, it's not a bad place to work.
Stepping stone
Visuals Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 18, 2019
Great place to start off if you're interested in retail. Fun work environment, team building, great managers. I was a college student working here so it was part time but I advanced with the company because of my work ethic. They tried to make me full time and give me a promotion before I quit with PTO and benefits but I was looking for a different field. At the same time I believe I should not have to leave for company to recognize my talents.
Pros
free lunches, great team, flexible, encouraging
good
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2019
good company every once here was very good with sense of humor diffintly you will enjoy if you place here all the best for you if you get jobs here good luck
Very Flexible with college student
Cashier Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2019
general manager sucks at 07173 location but other than that the job is okay it is good to do while in college i dont see it as an career necessarily but it can be for those with patience
Enjoyable part time job
Sells Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 16, 2019
An a holiday associate this position at Gap provided good work and school balanced.
a typical day at work started around 8:30 am been that we had to get ready for opening - basics included making sure floors and fitting rooms were clean.
Not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDJune 15, 2019
the job itself was not poor. The issue was the managers and my fellow employees and their unkind attitude. The entire staff did not seem welcoming from the beginning of my interview to me allowing my manager to know I am giving my two-week notice. They are also not too kind to customers esp with a language barrier. I took the job hoping id get a great experience and meet new people and earn money, obviously, but the money was not well worth the poor environment I was in.
Fun and productive work environment.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2019
Everyone was welcoming to me and I loved working with my coworkers, because they strives to give their best which overall made me want to excel at my given tasks.
Too competitive
Lead Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 15, 2019
It was fun when I was working there.At that time we all worked together as a team.My location had a language barrier problem, customers assumed everyone spoke spanish.The management team would work with you on the sales floor,not like other stores,some managers would stay in the office and claim they're doing paper work.
good
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJune 14, 2019
good and very exceptional cuistomer service. handled cash register work and at the floor. tidied floor and helped with go backs. was interested in the work.
Style
Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 14, 2019
Being to interact with a lot personalities can be challenging for a quiet person but at the end it is so fun to help people and offer a nice customer service
Fun place
Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 14, 2019
Teamwork and an amazing workplace and friendly way to interact with many personalities. Holidays can be challenging if you are part of the cash wrap. But hours go faster and my team make things fun
Worst job I’ve ever had
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2019
For the first week or two the job was pretty good, but it went downhill pretty quick. They would schedule me to work and then would cancel my shift and let me know my shift was canceled AFTER I had already showed up for it. There were even a few times when they’d schedule me at 7AM and either no one would show up or they’d be about 20-30 mins late and didn’t bother texting or calling to let us know. I was also promised at least 12 hours a week when I first started (which I only got for maybe that first week), but I only get the most five hours a MONTH. I was always told that they would train me as cashier so that I’m able to get more hours, but they never bothered to actually go through with it. I never felt accepted or needed while working and felt as though my coworkers only spoke to me because they had to. The management is completely unorganized. I wouldn’t dare recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
hourly pay rate
Cons
no hours, unorganized
Can be fun at times
Customer Support II (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 14, 2019
They need to pay more, they bring new people in paying them close to what we make and we have worked there for almost 10yrs.. Not fair at all. They need to raise our pay
Pros
Incentives during peak
Cons
Not enough pay
Decent
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2019
The job was one of those typical out of high school/ part time college student job. Nothing that you would set a career out of to make an outstanding pay check but enough to add on to whatever you already have.
Stable employer
Merchandise handler (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, New YorkJune 14, 2019
As long as you meet production and come in on time you will always have a job. Production is measured so managers are not on your back. The computer keeps track of everything you scan. It's a friendly place to work. You will always get exercise there. People are friendly. Equipment scanners are a little old and some not well maintained but I believe they are working on it. Some warehouses have new forklifts. Some are old.
Energetic
Merchandise Processor/ handler (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 13, 2019
This place is a very cool place to work for a single w/ children who can take care of themselves, or a spouse it uses a lot of your day the pay is great but not enough to keep your whole day.
Pros
Advancement prospect and the occurrences
Cons
20-12 hours a day 4 days on 3 days off!!!
Gap
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2019
Great company to work for. There’s plenty opportunities to grow. Worked for the company for 7 years and had a promotion to become manager. I love working at the gap.
very fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 12, 2019
It is very fun to work here. The coworkers are very friendly and energetic which makes it even more fun. It is a very competitive job I do have to say. Gap cards are a huge part of the job so really work for that.
Pros
friendly and fun
Cons
hard to get hours if you don't get gap cards
Great productive social environment
Sales Associate, Salesperson, Sales Worker (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJune 12, 2019
When I came into work, I would perform cashier duties, run the fitting room, stock clothes, etc. It was a great experience not only job-wise but socially as well.
Worked as a Contactor
QA Engineer / Automation (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 12, 2019
Gap Inc. operates six of the most recognized apparel brands in the world: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, Athleta and Intermix. I worked as a contractor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.7K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight