Garage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good place to work
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 31, 2018
job adequate working environment, the hours are difficult, the pay is not good, the atmosphere is sometimes joyous but overall is quite hostile, also there is no air conditioning/.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay
fast paced and fashioable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 21, 2018
A typical work day at Garage was pretty steady and making sure that each and every customer is helped from the second they walk in the store. Any new merchandise is branded and put onto the sales floor. I also learned management skills here at Garage, I was offered a key holder position. Key Holder are responsible for opening and/ or closing the store as well as the cash register, counting the deposit at the end of each shift as well as instructing staff on the sales floor. The hardest part was not making your financial goal. The most enjoyable was helping other females feel good about themselves in our merchandise.
Pros
discounts
Cons
closing the Towson location
I've never likes sales
Sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
I respect anyone who does it, but personally it just wasn't worth the money. My team of coworkers were far from friendly and they took each others clients. That was happening too often and it was just such a negative environment that I didn't need in my life.
Great place to work... cost of living very high.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Marais, MNMay 30, 2018
My experience working at the garage was great when it comes to people and worklife. The manager was great and very friendly. The customers were always nice.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great work life. Great manager.
Cons
Low pay in a resort town. Can't make a living.
Terrible Manager, don't care about employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2018
worst job ever, manager was awful, district manager was worse, tried talking to human resources at their headquarters and they refused to acknowledge me or do anything about my complaints
Productive and fun work enviroment
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAApril 22, 2018
Fun and productive work enviroment
marketing and social media
management was great
the culture was fantastic
cute and reasonably priced boutique items
hardest part of the job was recruiting
most enjoyable part of the job was members became family
Pros
discouts on boutique items
Cons
healthcare
LOLmsnagement is a joke
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 12, 2018
Turnover was really bad. Store manager took credit for everything and blamed everyone else when Something was wrong. Dm only communicated with gm so when she made up lies no one could defend themselves. Half the time the hm only worked mornings and would just change the schedule the night before. (Also half the time of work more hours then she did) discount was good, but the clothes are over priced so it’s not really a deal. No discount on costs or clearance either.
Pros
50% discount, Good pay.
Cons
Manager was a tyrant, dm was a moron, favoritism, lack of communication.
Fun company that loves to build off employee feedback
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 4, 2018
It's rare to find a company that actually listens to what employees have to say, so to me, this was a very pleasant surprise. Garage is a company that means it when they say they promote from within. I actually started as a sales associate and moved my way up to assistant manager. It is also an amazing company to really learn excellent customer service from as they do not want employees to speak to customers in generic robot greetings. Plus, the district manager is probably the most inspiring manager I have ever had and really made the company a great place to work. I'd have to say, it was a bit frustrating when they would spring last minute large projects on us with unattainable deadlines as we still had typical business operations to complete and customers to attend to.
Pros
Good pay, promotes from within, great training
Cons
No one can go OT, unfair deadlines
Good
Mira Costa Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 3, 2018
GREAT co workers, not much room for advancement, but the environment was upbeat and always have something new to work on. Be it projects in the garage or outside jobs.
fun but slow paced
Supervisor Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 9, 2018
greeter at the front of the door, operating cash registers, driving sales to the store. providing excellent customer service, helping customers with their objections and their concerns
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
lack of hours, slow paced
Good temp job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2018
Worked here for a summer job and did enjoy it. Management was really good, never had a problem with any of my managers or coworkers. Days were very slow because the store is expensive. Hard to sell add-ons to customers. But everyone was always very friendly and its a good seasonal job to have.
Pros
good management, store discounts
Cons
slow days, low pay
fun for high school students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIMarch 4, 2018
This was a good job for high school students. It would really only get super busy on black Friday or the weekends. Other than that its a slow paced job, very easy. The only downside is that if you don't make any sales they will cut your hours, but they wont tell you.
Terrible
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 12, 2018
I will have to say this was probably the worst place I've ever worked at. Terrible management, and the company itself. They're expecting too much from workers and never recognize hard work. The turnover rates within the store was ridiculous and within the company itself.
very busy
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Very busy organizing sales team, helping other management with construction and ordering and keeping up to date with sales reports. Also, organized training seminars at sales meetings.
Experienced and adventures Workplace
Owner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Experienced and adventures Workplace with changes on day lie basis. Always in contact with a lot people all over the world which helped gained eperience in customer related issues.
Pros
fun
Cons
long work days
great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2018
not enough flexibility , not high enough wage , not enough training to feel comfortable enough dealing with customers on my own. not enough hours. no consistency
Pros
discounts
Stressful and competitive
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2017
Despite making friends there, some of the people there really made life a living inferno. One in particular targeted me and made sure I worked much harder than the rest who she favored. Thankfully I was allowed a 15 minute break which wasn't always available despite the long work hours. On good days I would be positively treated and made my sales on worse days people would steal my sales and made sure that they had their requirements met and could care less about you. Not a staff "family" like they preach
Pros
Discounts on their clothing
Cons
Long hours, competitive, stressful
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRDecember 11, 2017
Good place to work with boats and lots of machine and chemicals in maintenance Vrillo paint boat repairs You learn fast always one Show your job interest
Lack of manners
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 9, 2017
The store at Salem is horrible maurie the manager has no manners. No need for the attitude when I’m there to work! I quiet becasuse of her. I felt really bad how I was treated
a lot of decication
Manger Assistant (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 10, 2017
spirited group creates, designs, markets and distributes a constantly evolving collection to a large network of Dynamite and Garage retail stores. The brand’s core strength is rooted in a solid understanding of its customer.