GardaWorld Federal Services Employee Reviews

review
Employee Trainer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 4, 2018
Very happy with the Company, I have no complaints. Pay is on time work is steady. plenty of time off. I reccomend for anyone transitioning from the military to the private sector
Pros
Pay, Coworkers
Cons
away from home
Stressful environment.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAAugust 15, 2018
There's lack of communication, the trucks are terrible to drive.. most of them have no air.. they break down. Management like to fire anybody that complain. Work environment is very stressful.
Pros
Cons
Have to work 50 hours to get over time
work place
PSS/ ERT Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  overseasJuly 26, 2018
-12 hours 6 days a wee, long days
- gym on site
- network
- management helps workers when issues come up back home
- can be fast pace at times, when incidents happen
Pros
free meals, network, uniform
Cons
long days
Good people to work with
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  BagrāmJuly 7, 2018
I enjoy working with the people and management, each person brings something to the table to help one another to accomplish his or her duties during the week.
Garda is Aegis
Armed security guard (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 11, 2018
I worked for Garda but they owned Aegis which is the company’s name when you work for them overseas. I had a good experience with them. It made working Afghanistan less stressful.
Pros
Gets your foot in the door
Cigna is a great company to work for as with most companies and businesses the primary objective is to do your best and keep a posotive attitude
Back Office Teller, part time (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2018
Cigna is a great company to work for as with most companies and businesses the main objective is to do your best, stay focus, keep a good attitude, and respect yourself and your co-workers.
Good job, good pay, poor living conditions.
PSS / EMT-I Tactical Medic (Current Employee) –  Kabul, Afghanistan - US EmbassyMarch 12, 2018
The work is NOT hard, it's the conditions we are forced to live in.

We work a 12 hour shift 6 out of 7 days and must be vigilant for any potential security violations that may happen in our sector.

We provide a Security Service that has the potential of us getting Killed or wounded on a daily basis, but the powers that be provide us with substandard living conditions. It is very much military barracks life style with shared rooms and showers and bathrooms down the hall. We used to have our own rooms with all the amenities but they were taken away to provide someone else with better living conditions then us.

This company used to the one of the Best to work for but now has succumbed to be just like all the rest of the Contracting Security Companies out there that are more concerned with the numbers than the people that work for them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Less than desirable living conditions.
Advancement
Armed Security & Airfield Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 11, 2018
As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps Armed Force GardaWorld made job placement and growth easy for men and women like me. Base pay is responsible, but from there with experience, as long as you are willing to work, they make advancement pretty accessible to everyone. As you advance the pay increase and in general it is a good company to start off with in the world of DOD and Government Contracting.
Pros
Easy to join. Need a job as a veteran. You can get hired and ship off within 6 weeks.
government contracting
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 31, 2016
This is a decent company. A lot of changes, little job security. Communication in the finance department has much to be desired. People are friendly and work as a team