GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 878 reviews matching the search See all 1,716 reviews
Fast pace, competitive
Vault Associate/ ATM tech (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48150October 15, 2018
like every place it has its flaws. ok place to work depending on what you can deal with. I just saw ways it could have been ran differently. also thought that my manager didn't hold everyone accountable for there actions like they should have been.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
poor management, hostile work environment at times.
Fast paced long
Armored Truck Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2018
Long work days, fast paced, and secure. They offer great benefits, competitive pay, and awesome staff with good communication skills, definitely an amazing company.
No... Just don’t do it!
Teller Lead (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2018
Not a hard job at all. Co-corkers can be amazing.
Management is HORRIBLE! They only care about results and not the employees.
Only go here as an absolute last resort. It’s the worst place I’ve ever worked.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, treatment of employees, and atmosphere
The work is fine, compensation is less than desirable
Cash Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 10, 2018
It's not the job I don't like, it's some of the people, management, and lack of opportunity to advance and improve your pay situation. Several times was a victim "raise timeline restructuring", meaning when I was due for a raise, the company changed it's compensation policy/timeline. One side of the business received several pay increases, while the other did not. In my view, you can't operate one side without the other, so both should be treated equally. In the end, there's no room to advance without moving across the country.
Great place
Driver/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Runnemede, NJOctober 4, 2018
It’s a great place to learn how to work with others and learn how to drive 26,000 pound trucks and learn how to use scanners and drive with air brakes
Pros
Decent money
fast paced environment
VAULT TELLER (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 4, 2018
Garda would have been a much better place to work if management would learn to listen to the needs of their employees instead of just driving numbers.
Messnger
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2018
I was responsible for making sure me and my team were ready for the day. As the driver I made sure to take safe routes and made sure my jumper was go to leave the truck before he did.
Good
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2018
This job is good as far as pay but the working hours are way too long you miss the whole day while your at work. And it's not enough days off in the week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lomg hours
Company is good
Armoured Security guard (Current Employee) –  AnySeptember 28, 2018
I like works with you always. I am retired armoured service person in Sri Lanka Air Force. I can do working enytime and every please always. Thankyou.
typical day
Messanger/ Crew lead (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 27, 2018
work long day, deal with problems that will need to be fixed again the next day. they favoritism of the slow and unintelligent. the good employees get over worked and under appreciated.
Pros
Cons
alot
Poor management. No advancement
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CASeptember 23, 2018
Dont expect to get anywhere far in this line of work. Bad benefits. If you get this job immediately start looking for another job. Long hours and sometimes workload is over bearing.
Pros
Good co workers. No boss over your shoulder
Cons
Little to no benefits. No advancement. Long hours.
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 21, 2018
I interviewed awhile back for this company, and thought it went pretty good. They never called to at least tell me they didn't want to hire me. This is a huge indicator that this company isn't professional. I was able to get a look at the staff that I would a of been apart of, they were all overweight women. As a person working in security the last thing I want is to have a team member to not be able to pull his/her weight.
Supervisor was the best out of the whole place
CVS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 20, 2018
Horrible position, Expected to do 12 hours of work in an 8 hour day 5
day a week. NO overtime. Ridiculous. This should be a 2 person job but they expect only 1 to do the job. On more than one occasion, I would go to work at 8 am, and not get off until 1:00 am next day, then be expected to cut my time over the next 2 days or take a day off.

Virtually no training. They did send me to Houston for training but they don't do the same type of work in KC. They keep sending other location personnel to KC to "train" people. Huge waste of money on their part.

My pay was negotiated before I came on board. They are a VERY low paying company. Typical starting wage is just a little above minimum for a very high stress job.

My Supervisor was the best thing about the whole place, but they have since fired him for not turning the branch around fast enough.
A pig with lipstick is still a pig.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
See review.
🤮 stay away
Armed Courier (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WISeptember 20, 2018
Vehicles: trash! Vehicles leaking coolant, no ac, no turbo, clouds of black smoke! Bottom line under serviced fleet! Vehicles will always break down... then we were forced to wait in a sprinter van for hours waiting on a tow! Many summer days sweating waiting on a tow! 9 times of 10 if you need a tow then vehicle that you were driving had to be shut off! HEAT+VEST+STEEL TANK= long day
When vehicles broke down we still had to finish the whole route no help... we were soooo under staffed!
Work load was really heavy.. lots of coins lots of wrong orders lots of upset customers... expect 12-14 hr days.. no over time until after 50hrs..

management understood drivers were behind the 8ball... higher up didn’t care
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Read review
Great Peer Group
Cash Vault Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2018
My peer group over the years were amazing people, all focused on customer satisfaction by following established policies and principles.

Afforded opportunities ranging from client services, on-boarding, P&L, mentoring,coaching.
I would like to this company give to the employees their annual review
Processing Change Order Teller (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 19, 2018
Production, I love training new employees, I learned how to count big amount of money, is a multicultural , the managemt really poor.They don't give any feedback of your work.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
work you and throw you away
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2018
Garda was good... 10 years ago. Now, I wouldn't recommend it. If looking for temp, then go ahead. Don't stay too long. Management is a joke now. They don't care about life outside of work.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no breaks, good luck
Just say "No Thanks"
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2018
The nature of the business is there, some periods are busier than others. There are favorites there, so work dispursmtent is unfair. The tenured and favored people get first pick of vacation days, even if your request in advance, they can take your days and you have to resubmit your request and hope (so no holidays off ever). There is NO HR presence there so leads and management have no restrictions or consequences on treatment; coming from a corporate environment that was a bit uncomfortable to me.
Pros
you can listen to your headphones in most departments
Cons
vacation requests, no HR
A typical day at Garda.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
A typical day at Garda is going to find out what route I will drive for today. I make sure my truck is in good shape on a daily basic. I start my route as early as 5:00am in the morning.
Terrible Company!
Route Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2018
The absolute worse company I have ever worked for. The GM for the St. Louis Branch is one of the most Crooked individuals I have ever encountered. The compnay cares nothing for its employees. They only care about what looks good for the GM and VPO. The expectations of the company are unreasonable. With the fleet in the condition that is in. It is nearly impossible to operate a business with equipment that is constantly out of service. And the upper management (VPO, GM)would not take the steps neccessary to support or help resolve these types of issues.they only wanted to point fingers. Their heads are so far stuck up thier own Butts the lump in thier throat is thier own nose. I would never recommend anyone to ever work for this company.
Pros
Absolutly nothing good about this compmany
Cons
Nothing good about this company