GardaWorld logo
GardaWorld
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100Low

GardaWorld Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,606 reviews

Solid work

The work is what you make of it, pay a decent for the industry. Most of the time you will be in a react room or training. This is not a job for someone that needs to be challenged daily.

Decent Starting Point For Security Experience

If you're starting out in the realm of security services and need to get your toes wet, this place is as good as any to start gaining necessary experience. But you gotta be careful on all fronts especially since you cannot always count on your managers or coworkers to have your back. I learned that the hard way.

Pros

Plenty of work, lots of hours, decent pay

Cons

Managers lacking in true management skills, communication skills of coworkers, coworkers with poor attitudes, lacks proper work training

No fun.

Think twice before applying. Most likely you will regret coming here. This company will do whatever you let them do. This is a warning. Life threatening situations often occur. Morale low.

Pros

See the beltway.

Cons

Not enough room.

GardaWorld Federal Services

It’s a great company to work for when you’re actually in the field working and making money. Other than that expect long delays in communication with logistics and coordinating training.

Pros

Potential to earn good money

Cons

Lack of communication and training delays

Terrible atmosphere

There is no "team" at Garda. Terrible management and poor, unstable atmosphere. New hires are not welcomed. If you are not a part of the original "team", they don't want you.

Pros

zero

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Great Place to Work

A great place to work, you will be put in many positions for you to excel, depending on your location. Great place to learn new skills and go to many challenging environments.

enjoyable company to work for

working with Gadaworld provides the flexibility that I need they are a very inclusive company the managers provide assistance when needed the staff are very approachable.

Long hours, tough conditions, little reward.

Contract K9 handler in Afghanistan. The hours were long and the living conditions were austere. You were paid well but taxed heavily. I would only do that job again if I was poor, hungry and destitute.

Long hours, no real support from upper staff.

Hard job. Hard hours. Little pay. Hard to advance. Equipment not safe and hard to use. Misleading interviews. Met some interesting people. Would have stayed longer if I had felt respected.

Pros

no pros

Cons

dangerous, unhealthy working conditions

Good Company

Good environment to work. This Company is attentive of their employees and always willing to accommodate them for their needs to the best of their ability

Jobs at GardaWorld

See more jobs

Great place when there is work

Company is great to work for and certainly supports their employees when deployed. Company makes sure that their employees' needs are met and that family communication is available.

You proved security for the US Ambassador and his guests.

A typical day is 12 hours, 6 days a week with a mandatory day off during the week. You provided security for all personnel on the Embassy grounds. Being prepared for anything is the main focus.

Not a good work place

I feel that Whelan is not a good company to work for. They are not organize they don't help there employees. I'm being laid if on April 1, 2019 and they do not have another site for me to go to. They are not even communicating with me to let me know if they have employment for me. When I talk to management they pretend that they don't know whats going on.

Management Team

The Headquarter office and senior management team are second to none. They continually support us out in the field . Our job is 24/7 security operation and the management team on ground is always there for us. A great company with excellent leadership.

Pros

Excellent Pay

Cons

Being Deployed

GardaWorld Federal Services recruiting

The culture and the people were great, but sadly that doesn't speak for the rest of the job at hand. Good enough as a starting recruiting job but wouldn't stick around much beyond that. Get in and get out once you've gained what you need to.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

management wasn't helpful

Great pay, Poor management

The pay was very competitive with other contracting companies., Top of its kind in pay .lack of management big issue. Good ol boy club. At end of day you have to watch out for yourself.

Pros

Great pay.

Cons

Lack of advancement, poor management, away from home

Use as stepping stone if you can handle the poor management and long hours

I currently work at the Clarksburg MD branch; I have been with the company for 2 1/2 years and have had 5 different managers in my brief time here. If you are a hard, dedicated worker and value yourself and skills you can provide to a company... take them somewhere else. The manager at this branch is nothing more than a warm body filling a position. If you would like to get into the armed security field you can apply but I will tell you like a wise man told me, "get your gun/wear and carry permit and get out". This job will suck the life out of you and if you have a family that you love and care about don't apply here; my shifts start before the sun comes up and usually ends after the sun has set (no matter if its daylight savings time or not). Some routes have it easy and do enjoy an early clock off time and you'd expect the manager to adjust routes so everyone can have a better day but that doesn't happen, more and more stops keep getting added and no adjustments have been made to assist in making sure the routes are completed in a timely manner. As much as I believe new employees would help our cause, we cannot retain them for more than a month, countless new hires have come and gone most averaging 1-2 weeks. I wish I could transfer to a better branch but even employees from other states that come to help us say that they experience the same things and even have plenty of stories to tell. Please think twice or even a third time before applying to this company, you'll be glad you didn't.

Cons

Poor management, long hours, trucks aren't properly maintained, lack of training, no work/life balance, lazy employees (not all but most).

Productive environment

This company has the best employee screening process and hiring practice. I do believe that they should be more engaging with their recruits and employees. If you take care of the employees they will take care of the client and the company.

Cons

nobody answers the office phone

Entry Level to Contracting

Excellent company to begin with in Security contracting. Depending on job site 8/12 hr shifts, some are 24/7, others 6 days with one day off. Military like work experience, if you been deploy you know how difficult it can be in extreme conditions.

Pros

pay is good, depending on Site Supervisor the year can be enjoyable

Cons

Very difficult to move up the food chain, negotiating for slightly higher FDR at End of Contract... don't waste you time

Corporate Culture

It's a grind - whether you're downrange or stateside, there are high expectations. You either make the cut or you don't. There isn't a lot of wiggle room for mediocre recruiters.

Pros

Donuts and bagels on Fridays

Cons

Occasionally will work Saturdays

review

Very happy with the Company, I have no complaints. Pay is on time work is steady. plenty of time off. I reccomend for anyone transitioning from the military to the private sector

Pros

Pay, Coworkers

Cons

away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GardaWorld.
Powered byComparably