GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Found 930 reviews matching the search See all 1,824 reviews
Poor management
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Management should be fired. There has been embezzlement yet said employee never fired. Bias is a thing here. Verbal abuse as well. trucks are run down. No insurance on said trucks as well. No confidentially. Suing this company. Never work for McAllen, TX branch.
Pros
End up with messed up mangled body
Doesn’t care about employees
Cash Vault Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Company doesn’t care about employees. Tried moving up in company. Training services are not applicable. Current CVS manager doesn’t care about employees.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
No management train
Productive work environment
WORK & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 13, 2019
In a typical work day, many are required to report to assigned stations. People are required to clean station area and machines before and after processing currency. The most fun part about the job is meeting new people and holiday time off.
Average
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Good place to work, helped me mold my core competencies. Lots of autonomy on the job accompanied by lots of responsibility. The days can be long but that is expected anywhere now.
Company was terrible
Branch Trainer (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHJanuary 7, 2019
From poor leadership from the top, to the local branch area. NO communication, no concern for their trucks or the staff out working the routes. Not a good company to work for!
poor management
Vault lead (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 6, 2019
managers don,t remember what they agreed on in hiring comverstion and then lie about getting paid for holidays tell you to call payroll to find why holiday pay was deducted payroll states the manager requested it
Horrible Company
ATM Technician (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 3, 2019
Stay away from this employer they don't value there workers, pay is terrible, no ot until 50 hours, no pension raises suck, they don't care about your welbeing
fun place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Garda world is a hood company but i do feel that it has favoritism, some people are treated far and others unfairly. But over all it is a good company I am just ready for advancement
Pros
good work enviorment
Cons
layoffs
Full Time Messenger
Crew Lead/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 2, 2019
Average work hours per week were well above 40. Management did not have their employee's backs and always expected them to do the work of three people. At one point they threaten to dock crew leader pay if we did not get back from route 'at a reasonable time' yet continued to hire people that could not perform the job in a timely manner.
Pros
Could be fun with the right people
Cons
long hours, low pay, poor management
Long days, and unplanned routes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 1, 2019
The job is easy, start out driving for the first few months, You have to pay out nearly $400 not including buying your own gun, and wait until after probation 120days until you get reimbursed. So expect $700 ish to start working there. Save copies of your checks and receipts or they will "get lost in the paperwork". I left before I could get reimbursed because My schedule was set and when I got there I would be put on a different route that was 4+ hours longer than planned. I didn't have a babysitter lined up for that long. It just got worse for schedule-wise. If you have the money to start, don't have anything holding you down socially, and don't mind the hours, this job is perfect for you. For me, this was not a good choice.
Cons
You never know how long you will be out on the route in a day, can be longer than expected.
fast passed job
Driver and Messenger (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 30, 2018
It was a fast passed job, however working conditions were horrible, in the middle of a West Texas summer the vans we worked with had no air conditioner, which is very unhealthy. Also, management was forced to hold back due to corporate regulations, for van repairs and better working conditions for field workers.
Although its funny
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Jalalabad in AfghanistanDecember 26, 2018
Its hard to work with improper management like we are working with wit Garda world in Afghanistan though i try my level almost 100% to provide best at my place of work
Pros
Every thing is provided by the U S Army
Cons
No at Garda World
Use as stepping stone if you can handle the poor management and long hours
Driver/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDDecember 21, 2018
I currently work at the Clarksburg MD branch; I have been with the company for 2 1/2 years and have had 5 different managers in my brief time here. If you are a hard, dedicated worker and value yourself and skills you can provide to a company... take them somewhere else. The manager at this branch is nothing more than a warm body filling a position. If you would like to get into the armed security field you can apply but I will tell you like a wise man told me, "get your gun/wear and carry permit and get out". This job will suck the life out of you and if you have a family that you love and care about don't apply here; my shifts start before the sun comes up and usually ends after the sun has set (no matter if its daylight savings time or not). Some routes have it easy and do enjoy an early clock off time and you'd expect the manager to adjust routes so everyone can have a better day but that doesn't happen, more and more stops keep getting added and no adjustments have been made to assist in making sure the routes are completed in a timely manner. As much as I believe new employees would help our cause, we cannot retain them for more than a month, countless new hires have come and gone most averaging 1-2 weeks. I wish I could transfer to a better branch but even employees from other states that come to help us say that they experience the same things and even have plenty of stories to tell. Please think twice or even a third time before applying to this company, you'll be glad you didn't.
Cons
Poor management, long hours, trucks aren't properly maintained, lack of training, no work/life balance, lazy employees (not all but most).
Poor Place to Work!
Armed Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 20, 2018
If you don't mind working 80 or more hours per week, with no overtime pay than Garda is the place for you. You start your route at 5 AM and work to it's finished 10 or 11 PM . Your responsible for millions of dollars and they pay you 12 per. hour.

The trucks are old and run down. Some are in such bad condition they should never be driven.

By all means stay away from Garda find employment elsewhere.
Cons
Poor Managment, Run down Equipment, Low Salary
great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  SlymarDecember 19, 2018
great place to work there if u like long hours and working hard that's the place to work sometimes it could be a long day but it is fun work there I have no problem
Fast pace, being alert at all times, customer service
Armored Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 16, 2018
Need more training for atms an laws on carrying a firearm, must be on alert of your surroundings at all time, custome service is a must, multiple stops everday learning safetest place to park
Pros
Customer service
Good place to start in Cash Logistics
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2018
Good place to start in Cash Logistics but not a place to stay long term. If you’re one of those people who don’t mind being out all day then you can make good money but if you have kids and or a life then it may not be the place for you. Training is very poor you must learn a lot of things on your own especially on Atms. Don’t expect them to follow DOT or OSHA regulations because they won’t. Managers who originated as messengers are usually very knowledgeable but the others are just horrible. They tend to hire a lot of management that have never worked in the business before. You will find a lot of comradeship between you and other driver messengers.
Pros
You could run up a check
Horrible place to work
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJDecember 14, 2018
The company in no way cares about the employees. The work place is highly about favoritism. Management is very spiteful and if your not part of the click of people kissing up then you get treated poorly.
Pros
You can network with different types of businesses and people
Cons
Almost everything
Professional work place
Driver/Messenger/Vault teller (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 14, 2018
Professional, and secure work place. Transportation of accountability to and from customers, and banks. Staff is friendly and professional. Always working hard to please our customers
Break-neck pace, very stressful, no opportunities for advancement
Processing Teller (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 13, 2018
Your expected to work at an unreasonable pace every single day. There are absolutely no raises or advancement opportunities. You usually are allowed to leave earlier on Thursdays and Fridays due to having lighter work loads.
Pros
Shorter workdays on Thursday and Friday
Cons
Stressful pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GardaWorld.

Powered by Comparably