GardaWorld

GardaWorld Employee Reviews

United States1,690 reviews

Found 1,690 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,487 reviews

Solid work

The work is what you make of it, pay a decent for the industry. Most of the time you will be in a react room or training. This is not a job for someone that needs to be challenged daily.

It’s okay

If you want to make money this is the place to work. Here you get plenty overtime 12+hrs plus 1.5. But if you don’t want to make money and just want 8 or 10 hrs at day look elsewhere this ain’t it.

Pros

Plenty overtime

Cons

Short breaks! They’ll push you to the limit until you can’t no more.

GardaWorld insights

Based on 2,027 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Wasnt the greatest place, but wasnt the worst

If you want to work long hours with little pay then it'll work. You can advance up but not far. Management was kind of a joke. If you didn't listen to him or do everything he wanted then you couldn't get anywhere.

Pros

Got paid, good coworkers

Cons

No breaks, little pay, management was a joke

They make the same mistakes as any other company, they just do it less

I’ve worked for GardaWorld for just under 4 years. I was overworked, underpaid, and constantly trying to move up in the company without success. If you work the industry you already know what else is wrong with this company. I can only really say that they are guilty of the same, but do it far less. And do attempt to make amends.

Pros

Easy to get time off

Cons

The people I worked with were useless.

Excellent work experience.

At GardaWorld you are afforded the opportunity to get a balanced work schedule and time off if requested in advance. The staff and pay are excellent and I would love to continue my relationship with this company.

Pros

Balanced work schedule and time off.

Cons

Gossipy, childish co-workers. At times hostile work place.

Loved helping the kids and most co-workers. Several poisonous, unprofessional nurses. A petty LVN literally made up rumors about me, the night shift sup stalked me and called me while I was on break or in the restroom. I was busy working hard, sincerely trying to make life better for the migrant kids who were miles from home/family, while some people ran around like they were still in junior high.

perfect in every way

Fun workplace with a pool table. Awesome. pro outfit, fine. Awesome people. Fun workplace,150 characters minimum and awesome crew. caring and awesome.

Pros

tons of free lunches

Cons

can't believe my luck

Decent job in your 20s

I worked here for 10 years. It was fun in my 20s, but not a good career if you’re looking to go somewhere. Can be very stressful due to management. I attempted to get a training standard for the branch, but with minimal support from management, the issues were never fixed. Expect long days! I did enjoy being out on the road all day, meeting new people, and seeing parts of Michigan I wouldn’t of been to if it wasn’t for the job.

Poor pay structure

Low Pay for the position and no time and a half after 40 hours have to work a lot of hours to make any kind of money. No company support as long as they are making a good profit forget about the rest.

Pros

Nice kind of work (armored car driver)

Cons

Bad pay structure and pay for your own equipment.

Do not recommend

They look to hire the best officially,(while in fact hiring anybody), while paying the least. You could do the same job for another Contracting company for time and a half to triple what they offer. Their supervisors and management are also corporate suckups who don't actually care about their people. Somebody else may have a better, more positive review, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who has ANY qualifications, or doesn't want to suck up to higher just to advance.

Estresante y exigente

Es una empresa que ovaciona estrés ya que sobre exigen a sus empleados si importar las condiciones

Okay pay, okay benefits emts get lots of overtime

Pay is 17 which isn’t great, but since where I work has so few EMTS there is guaranteed overtime which is the only thing that makes it worth it, but working 60 hours a week every single week is exhausting and it never ends, nor is there anyway to go up it’s a no end job that just provides some experience and pay and that’s about it, only come if you need money and a job but don’t expect much else, one of the positives is you can watch movies or tv on your shift while you work but it’s very boring

Pros

Lots of free time

Cons

Too many hours no work life balance

An overall positive experience.

The site manager does their best to accommodate day off requests. The site manager is very pleasant to talk with about anything. This person tries to transfer/ hire people where they want to be ( shift wise).

Pros

Your break time is flexible.

Cons

I don't have insurance info yet, I was supposed to receive it three months ago, The company is slow communicating on a some matters, nothing major.

Productive and fun workplace with pleasurable moments

Good funGreat peopleGardaWorld is a leading provider of integrated security solutions : risk assessments, security personnel, screening services and cash management

Pros

Travel

alot of mandatory overtime

be prepared to give up your social life an overtime starts after 50 hours not 40. u will have 9-14 hour work days. first year u doo not get paid vacation just 5 sick/call out days

awesome job

Very awesome job and lots to do. In the summer it gets very hot but it's never a boring day. Very interesting job and a way to get experience in the security industry.

Pros

Two breaks

Cons

Can not keep employees long term, employees call in often.

Management has bad communication, call-ins are frequent, long hours, no work-life balance, no room for growth, one mechanic to work on all vehicles and if the mechanic goes on vacation or calls off there’s no one to work on any trucks with issues, 1-man routes can be as heavy as 2-man routes; if any route gets canceled, the very next day missed stops get added to the day’s route for the messenger to makeup regardless if that person covers the route or not, can only 55mph which slows the route down in areas where the speed limit is 70mph, requesting vacation is difficult because it determines who’s available to work as long as people don’t call in otherwise expect vacation to be canceled, employees that don’t complete all their stops tend to not be held accountable so instead the next day the next messenger has to clean up the bad apple’s mess.

Company does not care about it's employees. They refuse to get the trucks fixed, you have no a/c in the summer and no heat in the winter. You work long hours also.

Would not recommend.

The job started out well enough the first week or 2. After that, it went down hill quick. They hire anyone that walks through the door as long as they can fill a uniform. Turn over rate is extremely high even for a security contract company. The contracts themselves are good, and the employees at the facilities are very professional, courteous. It's your co-workers and management that are the main cause of drama and trouble.

Don’t go there

Worked there for seven months pay was somewhat OK but when I took CDL position pay was horrible based on work experience as a CDL driver, very hard to get days off when needed

Overworked, underpaid.

Managers are toxic. Coworkers are awesome. Benefits are bad. Work/life balance is awful. Worked all through the pandemic without recognition or extra pay as other companies did. Finally left because saw one of the managers in the office watching hockey games as the whole team struggled.

Pros

Some teammates

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GardaWorld.
Powered byComparably

Compare GardaWorld with

• GardaWorld
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?