GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 820 reviews matching the search See all 1,612 reviews
Biased and petty
Processor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 17, 2018
They promoted persons based on who you knew. They were unethical they asked employees to give them two weeks notice but give none to the employees when they closed the shift. They literally call a few hours before the shift to tell us we would be closing the shift. Offered a deal to change our shift and then call us within an hour again to tell us we no longer have a job. Not a nice place to work I know my manager knew what she was doing but the rest of them need classes in management.
Pros
Learnt about banking system
Cons
Unprofessional
quick pace but overall respectable
processing teller 2 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
overall good job just needs more money involved to survive out here in San Diego. The employees are great people very down to earth. management is okay they know how to handle everyday work situations.
Pros
breaks health dental vision 401k life insurance
Cons
low wages and no advancement
Great place to work and build career experience.
Vault Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2018
An average day at Garda World was fast paced, challenging, and great. My duties as a Vault Supervisor were to perform daily operations according to procedures, and policy. Prepared, reviewed, and revised financial reports. Communicated and maintained good relations clients, staff, and management. Troubleshoot computer hardware and software communication errors. Performed opening and closing procedures. Trained new employees.
Pros
Extended hours
Cons
Health Care
Stress filled environment
Armed Courier / Route Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 5, 2018
This is not a very good place to be if you have a family life. Routes that are driven can sometimes be 12+ hours a day, then management will cut your hours because you work too much. Poor planning that can lead to a list of issues throughout the work day. Not recommended for the faint of heart.
Pros
Good partners
Cons
Rusty Trucks, Poor Management, Endless Hours
no overtime in sweat shop, minimum wage.
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2018
No 401k, no raises at all, been there 5 yrs. No security for the cash carrys. Don't care for their employees well being. 12.00 is max no matter the position.
Pros
30 min. lunch. no free lunch
Cons
health care not free, fulltime with parttime pay
garda
Home care assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 3, 2018
it was an experience that made me enhance most of my work ethics that i have worked in the time of being working there good experience.team work was a must
Pros
worked independently
Cons
short breaks
Great job for those first getting into the work force.
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 1, 2018
this job was only my second job in my lifetime and it was a lot better than my first job. I believe the pay for this was great! Of course we could always make more money but for the effort of work needed to put in, the pay was worth it.
I was always productive in my job.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 1, 2018
I was always productive in my job while I was on the job. I could always find something to do when we have slow days. I learned about placing change orders for the customers and look for missing deposits and requesting for back up. The hardest part of the job was that I would have cases go over and I tried to get them resolved in a timely manner.
Pros
We would often get free lunches
Horrible Place to Work
Teller/Coin Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2018
There is no room for growth or advancements. No raises in 10 years, however the managers got nice bonuses. They don't value there employees. The pay wasn't very competitive with the daily living.
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
No pay increases
Nees to be on your toes 24/7 while on duty, no messing round and learn you need to learn fast
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJune 28, 2018
Good job, pays well but its NOT a slow job fast past never slow down and you have to learn even faster, but the people tou work with are good people to work with.
Pros
2x15min 1x30min
Cons

Want to know more about GardaWorld?

Ask a question
Working at GardaWorld
Driver/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 28, 2018
Working here for the most part is great. There are some employees that ruin it. The everyday management is excellent. The three supervisors inform employees with regular meetings.
under paid
Teller I (Current Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYJune 28, 2018
there's no end time, your schedule is based off of the work load

and its only heavy Monday and Tuesday

I wouldn't recommend this job if your seeking full-time hours
Lots of work, very little room to socialize
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 27, 2018
An armored car company.....lots of strong personalities and shifting deadlines made every day interesting--sometimes too interesting and you have to take a break.
Pros
Lots of Work
Cons
Healthcare cost doubled one year with little notice.
Family orintated. Close net
CVS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed the flexibility of work hours. Fast production environment. Fun group of professional's!!! Relaxed dress code. Free parking. Personal lockers.
Pros
Functional break room and kicthen
Cons
No pay increase for the dedicated employees
Don't work on this branch
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 23, 2018
First of all this company wages sick, they start you out at minimum wage $12hrs per hour, in (CA) and you carry a lot of money which sucks. People at McDonald's probably make more than Garda. Armor trucks suck, the doors open while driving you have a rope on the door to secure it lol, They make you go on route with no AC and if you break down, you still have to finish your route no matter what. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES. Next Management have no communication with the messenger or themselves. Next, training, they do not train you at all if you are sechulde on a route and you don't how to service a ATM they would still make you do it and they would say." Here is the instructions don't mess it up or you will get a rite up", doesn't make any sense. Now, if you know what you are doing than this job would be easy. Sometimes they make you still longer and they won't pay you over time after you worked 50hrs per week. It's a good job Experience if you want to advanced in the future.
Better with the union
Armed Guard/Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2018
Now have to work Holidays. We used to be off for. Never know when you're getting home, when your on truck.The People are amazing. co-workers are awesome.
Turn around and run!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 19, 2018
Stressful work environment that makes you fearful to even have to return the next day! Makes you understand why people become alcoholics. I would not wish that life on my worst enemy
Pros
Corperate is Amazing, thoughtful and shows they actually care
Cons
Non-work related stress
Cool
Dispatcher, Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2018
Cool but not a career. The job is easy. It's usually busy around holidays and hurricane season. They pay on most holidays and they are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
not a very professional environment
Credit and Collections / AR Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2018
good place to work at times. co-workers are very friendly. field sales reps are very helpful. comfortable lunch room with ample seating. very easy access parking for employees
Pros
flexible
Cons
very long days
not the best place to work.
High Speed Teller (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 13, 2018
Its like being in high school all over again. You have to be able to ignore disrespect and pettiness from everyone(even upper management). It is not a safe work environment. Fights have been known to happen. And raises are non existent.
Pros
the hours
Cons
not good at treating people equally