Garden Catering Employee Reviews

Horrible place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2019
Do not work here. The owner frank is a little man with a complex. Married men are having affairs with AGMs who are over paid and don’t do anything. You never get breaks and they over work you.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Owners, management
The managers are terrible. Alot of favorites.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 7, 2019
The place was always dirty. Management was not good at all. The crew was always talking about who didn't do what. Conditions are terrible. I was a grill cook Fairfield. One of the worst places I ever worked.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks if your are boh
Unfair management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 2, 2018
My manager did not provide adequate training and was unfair. The company is unsanitary. All workers but one washed their hands. The manager cut hours and the pay was horrible.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Pay
good
Front of House Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 4, 2018
it was good but only a temporary job. Im currently still working there and won't be there for too long. Its an ok job that is fast paced but they don't pay great.
Fast work place
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 4, 2017
Good work place for a school kid no benefits, love the people and management It's just not the. Job for a person looking for insurance 401k or any benifits,Good food friendly staff, wonderful people to work with don't pay enough,for the work you have to do!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
Great Workplace and Staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 13, 2017
I worked for Garden Catering for many years. Excellent company, amazing staff almost like family and free food for staff. If you need some extra cash I would recommend applying here!
Pros
free food, amazing staff
Cons
not many benefits
Productive, family friendly enviornment
Waitress-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 22, 2017
I gave my honest opinion from my experience working with the company. It was overall the best job I ever had regardless. Great company and employees. Food even more amazing. I learned a lot working here.
Fun, Friendly work place.
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTSeptember 30, 2016
I loved working at Garden Catering,everyone is like a family. A typical day would be, go in make sure everything is stocked and ready for your shift. Make sauces needed. Clean up. Take and give out orders.
I learned to have patience, and that working can be fun. Everyone who works here is full of joy and they will always make you feel welcomes. The hardest part can be when you get tough customers but we always manage to keep them happy.
Pros
Free lunch, discount on food.
Great Atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 25, 2016
There is never a typical day at work. Which you can say is a good thing. I have learned that people can be difficult to deal with but, you need to remain patient and collected. At Garden Catering they establish a set of rules and guidelines that you need to follow. Rule number 15 always stuck out to me. "Always keep a smile on your face" if your smiling the customer is more prone to have a good experience. From personal experience I have gone many places that the cashier hates their job and you can tell by their body language. I try my hardest to keep up with this rule because if the customer is happy I am happy. The management is awesome. They are great with keeping on top of things. They also try their hardest to accommodate to your schedule changes etc. because they know you have a life outside of the workplace. The hardest part about my job has to be dealing with the nasty customers. Sometimes people can be so rude to you no matter how nice and helpful you are. It has taught me not to let people like that get to you. The most enjoyable part about this job is the food. It is so addicting.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Greenwich, CTApril 9, 2015
Had really nice co-workers, worked together efficiently although in a very tight place but was also a good experience,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
a bit to exhausting
A family run business that really values their employees.
Consumer Sales and Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 13, 2015
When I was first hired, a series of unfortunate events left me without a car and with a broken foot. The Carpenteri family held my job for me for 2 months while i recovered. This, by the way, was before I had ever worked a full shift for them and based entirely on their belief in my potential. I worked for them for only a few months before they gave me a very helpful raise and they made sure to always let us know they were there for us and were proud of what we accomplished. It's exactly the kinda work you would expect (i.e. register work, customer service, fryer cooking, grill cooking, storefront maintenance) which can be a little monotonous, but I cannot speak highly enough of the people who run the business or the people they employ. It felt like family everyday.
Pros
Free food, good people, quick paced learning environment