Garden Courte Memory Care Community

Garden Courte Memory Care Community Employee Reviews

Typical memory care environment, competitive wages

What you would expect from private memory care: occasionally understaffed but not severely, high turnover rate, some immature and negative team members, but overall well-meaning management staff, pay is competitive, but raises have to be earned/asked for, benefits exist but supervisors could do a better job explaining and assisting employees in benefit selections. No shift differentials advertised.

Pros

paid monthly training, person-centered care approach, affordable meal program, manageable staff to res ratio

Cons

expensive healthcare options, no vacation days outside PTO & PTO is used to cover Vacations, Call-outs & sick days, no vending machines, staff often under trained, management often seem overwhelmed & exhibit poor time-management/prioritizing skills, high employee turnover

Management and Coworkers are Toxic

Garden Courte is like reliving high school, except everybody goes after everybody. Severely toxic, hurtful, and two-faced staff. One piece of advice another coworker gave me (she now quit), was to not trust anybody there. They will trash talk you, bring you down, go behind your back. Nobody has communication skills, and nobody will go up to you and talk with you on something that you’re doing wrong, or that you can improve on. Management does nothing to work related bullying, which, as an adult, I didn’t think even went on anymore. I personally believe to shrug off any bullying and stuff like that, but this caused my depression to act up severely in my home life. They have favorites, and the favorites will never get talked to for what they do. Getting report from the prior shift takes 30 mins approx because everybody is discussing drama and spreading rumors/hurtful comments. I’ve been there for a year, and mentally could not handle it whatsoever anymore. The job itself is easy, but the coworkers and management makes it unbearable. If you’re thick skinned and vocal, then you should be good and safe.

Pros

Very loving residents, wonderful people, and it’s an easy, routine facility

Cons

Management and other employees making it stressful, toxic, and unhealthy

Hardest part of the job

Hardest part of Job is when you have co-workers who wouldn't hold up their end of the work so you had to work harder. Enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the residents, getting to do activities with the residents seeing the joy on their face when they win bingo, getting their nails done and especially the stories of their life.

Pros

love the residents

Cons

coworkers not doing their part

Full time night shift

Tolieting, changing, bed changes, med pass, working with the elderly, working with hospice residents, Cath care, also dressed An bathed residents as well as cleaned the cooked.

Fun and interesting shifts

I would be nervous to begin work, but when i walked in the elders as well as the workers made me feel very secure and welcome. Telling each other stories and motivating the elders to move around was much fun. Great experience.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

It a good place to work

A typical type of day is get report and then do your shower and vital sign. I learn a lot about Alzheimer disease and this disease is very sad. My manager was a very good manager. The co-worker wear pretty good there were same that did not like working as a team. The hardest part of this job is watch resident decline and being short staff. The most enjoyable part of this job is that know help them and the resident are like your own grandparents.

Pros

one dollar and fifty cents for lunch

Cons

Health insurse is a little to high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garden Courte Memory Care Community. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Garden Courte Memory Care Community Reviews by Job Title