Garden Gate Health Care Facility Employee Reviews

Productive and nice environment to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 10, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I helped put a smile on a resident face. The hardest part of this job is not having enough staff to get the job done.
May 20, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. The team at Garden Gate works tirelessly to create a safe and healthy environment for those living and working in our facility. We're happy to hear that you receive satisfaction in your role.

2 week job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2019
Hired for LPN, trained by RNs. They showed me what RN does, did not know how to train an LPN. I asked several times to have proper training, was told they would find an LPN to work with but that never happened. After 10 days was told I would be alone..when reminded that I did not have the proper training for this specific position at this company, I was asked to resign!
Pros
Wonderful residents!
Cons
Revolving door, jobs always available.
April 18, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. Our director has reviewed your employment record and has a different account of the situation. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in greater detail. Please feel free to reach out at your convenience (716) 668-8100.

The worst
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 24, 2019
STAFF and MANAGEMENT especially the DONs are very unprofessional. The place is nasty and disgusting! Just stayaway! It's a very sad and depressing place.
Cons
everything
January 29, 2019

We're sorry to read that you're dissatisfied with our organization. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in greater detail. Please contact our administrator at your convenince at (716) 668-8100.

Productive work place with friendly people and friendly customers.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoy working at garden gate, all of my coworkers are very nice and respectful. I enjoy the facility and the cleanliness of it. It always makes me feel happy , especially when I know I’m helping people and making their days better in the facility.
Pros
Being able to talk to some of the residents about their days and making them smile, sometimes we get to have pizza for lunch
Cons
No breaks, not enough hours, low pay
January 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We're happy to have you as part of our family of co-workers.

Run!
LPN (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYAugust 27, 2018
The supervisors dont care, and all they "supervise" is the smokers post. Unless you're friends with them, you get no help. Also write ups happen on the daily
August 28, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We value the contributions made by each member of our team and are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience.

Not really
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 23, 2018
It's ok job just the people you work with don't know how to talk you just really Ready for some new I'm a good worker and love to work just want a job the appreciate me
Pros
Free
Cons
Healthcare
July 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience.

A pleasant place to work
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 7, 2018
Pleasant place to work if you love working with and helping the elderly. Workers are nice and easy to work with. Managers aren’t the nicest but as long as you are doing your job you have nothing to worry about.
July 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating. We're happy to hear that your experience was positive.

most enjoyable part of the job
Certifeid Nursing Assistant, CNA Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 13, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people to become more independent and less dependent on the staff that cared for them. I also enjoyed being a CNA mentor training the new and incoming CNAs that were hired at the pace.
December 22, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you had a positive and enjoyable experience.

first time doing dietary
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 9, 2016
it took them a while to get back to my application but when they did I was very excited that were very understandable and flexible with my hours this was my very first time doing dietary and the experience was great the co workers were very nice showed me everything I knew about it the hard part about the job was pushing the heavy carts down the halls with out dropping no food off it and with a fast kind of paste what a enjoyed the most was being in the kitchen learning new things
July 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience in the Dietary Department. We're glad to hear you learned new things and enjoyed your job.

It was one of my first jobs
Assistant Director of Nursing of Subacute Rehab (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYAugust 28, 2016
I began as an aide and progressed to an LPN. When I did that, it was difficult for the staff I worked with to accept that there was a change in the chain of command/leadership.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
difficult with staff when advancing in career
December 22, 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments and for your dedication to progressing within your career field.

Not a bad Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 5, 2016
Not a bad place to work but always very understaffed so it can be very stressful.Sometimes I don't even have time for a break. The pay isn't that good either.The staff are very nice and the residents there are sweet.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
understaffed a lot
December 22, 2017

We appreciate your 4-star feedback.Your comments have been shared with our administration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garden Gate Health Care Facility. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8