Garden Park Medical Center Employee Reviews

Work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 11, 2018
Great work environment with flexibility in scheduling. Great work environment I would recommend this facility to anyone, they really make you feel like part of the team.
Great place to work. Coworkers were more like a family.
OR Circulating Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 15, 2018
I love Garden Park Medical Center. Being a military spouse it is hard to find somewhere you call home or feel comfortable with all the moving around you do. Garden Park immediately became my home and my coworkers were more of an extended family. Working in a community, smaller hospital allows the staff to get to know each other better and I loved that environment. My leadership team was engaged in my success and always had an open door. Call was evenly spread out as to not be overwhelming. I would love the opportunity to return to my Garden Park family!
Pros
Great leadership. Friendly staff.
Cons
Dimly lit parking lot
Okay place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 13, 2018
Pay was competitive for the area, and they had good benefits. Some departments seemed understaffed and many employees were overworked. Very clean hospital and the supervisors were nice.
Fast pasced enviromnent dependent on team atmosphere
Hospital Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 20, 2018
This was a great place to work where I gain invaluable experience. Leaving Garden Park was like leaving family. I will always remember the people and team I worked with.
Good community hospital
Staff Nurse-PRN (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 8, 2018
Garden Park Medical Center is a good community hospital serving the needs of the community. Small in size, which gives the employees an opportunity to bond; very friendly and family-style atmosphere among employees.
Fun workplace
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 22, 2018
Needed CNA staff and I disagreed with nursing staff drawing labs. Outdated computer system. No meals offered to night shift. Very, dark parking lots. Regular staff pulling.
Pros
Good pay, nice staff
Cons
Lab draws by nurses, no CNA’s.
great place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 27, 2018
great place to work; great people. I learned that leadership starts with you. I have increased my knowledge and skills while working for this great company.
Pros
great place
House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 17, 2018
I have enjoyed the employment at Garden Park. All places have ups and downs. I have stayed here longer than I expected when I took the job, that must say something positive in itself.
Pros
Decent cafe, Good people, decent insurance
Cons
Drone to corporate demands
Low pay but like the hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 13, 2018
Pay is really low but the managers are great to work with to include hospital supervisors. If you are covered by spousal insurance and are willing to work float, it's a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice people to work with overall
Cons
Low pay. Insurance.
great
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 5, 2018
I had a great time working at Garden Park Medical Center. The hospital was new and the equipment and software were all up to date. I loved the location and the people as well.
Faced paced, competitive yet stressful, productive
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 4, 2018
Garden Park Medical center was a great place to work in radiology as a radiologic technologist.. very busy and fast paced..Garrett was a great manager still in his learning process but would do anything he could for a valuable employee
Fun place to work
Medical Records Clerk/Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39503December 27, 2017
Clean and neat hospital. Employees care about their jobs and the patients. Company has many activities to encourage employees to look forward to coming to work. However, after comparing wages to other hospitals, you may want to look someplace else.
Pros
Good benefis
Cons
This is a private hospital, Very low wages compared to other hospitals.
Wonderful employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 27, 2017
I worked full time and PRN at Garden Park Medical and can not say enough about my co-workers and other staff members. Administration was visible and accessible. Garden Park operates much like a family unit.
Decent workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 24, 2017
I was a Patient care technician at Garden Park for over two years. It was a great place to work. The job itself wasn't the most fun but your coworkers made up for this. The management was great and was overall fantastic. I would still be working there if I did not have to relocate. A typical day at work was probably about the same as it would be anywhere in a hospital; I had to collect vital sign every four hours, answer call lights, ensure the safety and comfort of our patients, and fulfill duties delegated by nurses, management, and/or doctors. I learned time management and patient sensitivity as well as honed several technical skills. The hardest part of the job was that I worked night shift so I didn't always have the administrative resources readily available. on that note, the most enjoyable part of this job was that it was a small hospital so everyone treated each other like family.
Pros
two breaks, and a lunch; PTO; retirement plans
Cons
inevitable call backs or call offs
I loved working in the department I was in.
previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 21, 2017
I worked at Garden Park for 8 years. I was laid off this year 2017. did not approve of the past CEO. The HR department is horrible and not helpful. they sent out a very cold and short letter at the last minute notifying employee of the layoff and lied about the severance deal.
My thoughts...
CCMA, MHT (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39501July 18, 2017
I is a crazy place, your days are up and down. I enjoy some of the people that work there but some of the upper management are not that fair. However, I do enjoy working with my veterans and learning about their experience they had overseas or in war.
God place to work
Medical Tellemetry Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed the staff and working environment. The patient versus nurse ratio was fair. My supervisors was seasoned an helpful. The hospital was clean. Training was adequate.
Productive Place
Medical Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39501May 25, 2017
This place is a wonderful work environment.Welcomed patients and family members in a professional manner. Ensure charts are completed and corrected. Secure all signatures as necessary. Followed all HIPPA guidelines accurately. Answered all questions and explained policies clearly. Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards Worked with physician offices and departments, providing information when necessary. Escort patients to their correct destination. Also performed any other duties as directed.
Needs Versatility
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 30, 2017
Great Management but lack of diversity with the patient population. Lack of opportunity for job advancement within the organization. Great staff and a good balance of teamwork.
Pros
Cons
Needs more psychiatric units
Off-Shift Workers
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 2, 2017
When working third shift, the workers at Garden Park lack the benefits the day shift workers are provided. These include access to the cafeteria, where day shift workers can get free fountain drinks as well as eating utensils. The management as recognition gives free meal passes, however, again, they are not useful to the third shift workers who have no access because the cafeteria is closed. Also, since starting to work here, I received a $.50 and hour pay cut for weekend shift differential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garden Park Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Garden Park Medical Center Reviews by Location