Gardenvision Employee Reviews

Fun job with little pressure
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 14, 2018
Want a job with no pressure work for Gardenvision. A typical day at work is to follow company procedures and have fun while you accomplish your daily goals. On the downside the is really no chance for advancement and they do not provide any sick time at all. I enjoy the job because it keeps me physically and mentally active.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Few benefits
A great place to work.
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I simply love my job... They are very helpful, and friendly.. Great atmosphere, you meet different people everyday.. I would recommend this job to everyone..
Relaxed workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 14, 2018
Merchandised live goods in garden center. Pulled heavy carts around. Organized product on tables. Created Displays throughout garden center and store. Boss checked up once a month. Hours fluctuate throughout seasons.
Very great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 4, 2017
The only negative is trying to balance home life and work life. If you miss a day, you have to find a way to make up those hours. Which can be hard for some moms that already have a limited schedule. Great company to work for, great managers, and very fun working environment.
I live my career life here
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 1, 2017
This is the only place I have worked for more than 3 years, and the only place I hope I will ever have to work. It's not easy, but nothing worth doing is.
Pros
The people, the fact that you can make a mistake and not have it cost your job
Cons
We can't pay people what we would like to
Endorphin Releaser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2017
This is typically a seasonal job that most people work in the spring and early summer. You work in a garden center under the direct sunlight most of the day. You work with plants, organizing them to make them more shoppable. The great thing about this job is that working around flowers will release endorphins in your body to make you naturally happier while you work. Not to mention the great endorphins you get from the sunlight, as well as vitamin D. Do not forget to bring sunscreen on those first few weeks!
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Go home tired, lots of physical labor, very heavy stuff
fun place too work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 13, 2017
awesome environment to work in. learned a lot about nature and have a better understanding of gardening. nice work pace, very flexible schedules. pay rate is great.
Cons
inclement weather
A very productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAMay 24, 2017
Everyday I enjoyed putting out new product and merchandising the tables. I learned that team work play a big part in this company. The hardest part of the job is that you have to stay busy even if there is no work left to do for the day. The employees are very easy to get along with.
Fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMay 23, 2017
It is really hard work. Most positions are temporary (like mine). It is fun if you make it fun. It is a place to work if you enjoy working hard. It is also very flexible. I wouldn't be leaving this job if it wasn't temporary.
Great job
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAApril 15, 2017
I absolutely loved this job because I love learning about all the different plants and flowers. I also really enjoy working outside and loved the satisfying feeling I get after placing all the new product on the shelves and seeing how beautiful everything looked.
Pros
Working outside and learning about new plants and flowers
Cons
Slow hours during the cold seasons
enjoyed
GARDEN VISION MERCHANDISING VENDOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 2, 2016
paper work \racks count and display and a fames in the entry to the store and in garden center entry strips on tables in the inside and the outside remove distressed and ugly plants unload racks place empty racks out side the garden center asst customers in finding lovely plants.the hardest part was the heat some days ,coworkers were all seemed to be good people making and keeping the plants beautiful .enjoyed the job and would enjoy working for garden vision.
Pros
learning about all the meny plants an how to care
Cons
the heat
Very fun workplace surrounded by plants.
Area supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSNovember 29, 2016
Awesome place to work in upper management and also just as a merchandiser if you can work the varied hours. Very fast-paced and fun!! Very highly recommend this company!!
Great company full of Positive Management and Co-Workers
Core Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GANovember 1, 2016
When I started I knew hardly anything about flowers, plants, trees, nor shrubs. Not to mention I had no clue what an annual or perennial was. With that being said my Supervisor is very helpful and to this day provides me with wonderful training. I have had the opportunity to work with multiple management team members whom have all been very helpful and positive. This company really cares about their employees and goes out of their way to show it, which is very refreshing!
Pros
Great people to work with, fun, learn something new daily, get to work outside with beautiful live plants
Cons
Do not ave anything bad to say
If you love flowers, youll love this job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Evans, GASeptember 18, 2016
Besides working extra hours, with the checks always shorted, it was overall a fun job. You have to love the outdoors and manual labor. Make sure to check your hours worked to hours you were paid
Pros
Fun for the most part
Cons
Must be a hard worker
If you like flowers, this is for you.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 1, 2016
Gardenvision was very good. It was very easy to understand the job and how to do it. Hours were great and working outside is a very big plus. Also, working alone is great as well.
Cons
Travel.
Great job to have if you dont mind being on your own and outdoors!!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2016
This is a really cool job. You can work, like I did, starting at 6:00 a.m. and be done before the sun is baking you! Your supervisor may work with you a couple hours a week. Mine did, and she was always very pleasant and supportive. Otherwise, it is up to you to take ownership and pride in what you do. Anyone who wants to be a good merchandiser will do that.....must love plants and being outdoors in heat n rain n whatever else Florida weather sends your way. This job also allows you to be creative, making displays that will catch customers eyes! Working without someone judging my every move and having afternoons off were my favorite parts of this job.....now only if they were in Texas....I'd still be working for them!!!
Pros
Personal ownership, no stress, you can make the job as easy or difficult as you want!
Cons
cant think of any....
easy job
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 30, 2016
Fairly easy job. Will be working outside most of the time. Get to obtain knowledge of plants and such.
Pros
Outside
Cons
Heat
very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 27, 2016
Management was poor and conflict could of been approached differently and in a timely manner.
Co-Workers were great and we made a great team!
Good work out
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 6, 2016
If you don't know much about plants you can still do this job. It's fun to learn about them and to work outside, but you do have to be prepared to work hard in all kinds of weather. The co-workers are wonderful, GV management in fantastic, store management can be difficult to keep happy. Hours can be flexible but you can't just call out sick and assume someone will take up the slack or they can just do without. You need to be dependable. GV is committed to filling a certain number of hours each week at the stores and you are expected to be there, or able to make them up at a different time within that week, so it you're undependable or a slacker, don't bother. They don't need people who aren't willing to do what's expected of them. I just have no tolerance for people looking for an easy ride. I am a hard worker and I expect others they hire to work with me to pull their share of the load and show up when scheduled.
Pros
Co-workers within GV as well as the store are typically very nice, at least at my store
Cons
Sometimes work in the rain, very physical
managment
Lead Merchandiser Rep (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 3, 2016
i love the job I do, just not enough hours or benefits, we merchandise lowes gardencenters work very hard during spring and winter hours are cut back even for full time