Gardner Public Schools Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Challenging Atmosphere
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAMarch 13, 2018
Challenge to find a positive work culture with management style. Possibilities for leadership available. Most co-workers are cooperative and pleasant.
Pros
Professional Development Opportunities; Opportunities to add to the curriculum
Cons
Micromanaged; Poor leadership culture; Student behavioral issues
A city with lots of history
Assistant Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MASeptember 20, 2016
A great city to work in, lots of hertitage and many peopel willing to volunteer.
It is difficult to make large repairs due to financial constraints but peopel work togetehr to make things work out the best way available.
Pros
Amazing people all willing to help
Cons
Financial constraints
teachers aide
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJuly 26, 2016
assisted teacher in daily activities
lunch and recess duty
accompanied students to nurse or other parts of school
Best part is working with the kids
Teaching in MA
Social Studies Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves arriving to school around 6 AM. I use the time from 6 to 7 to prep and prepare for the day. The remainder of the day is spend working with students and other teachers/staff. I embrace the opportunity to work with students every day, and realize what a gift my job is.
Pros
The students
Cons
Opportunity for substantial professional development
great staff 2001-2002
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMay 3, 2012
A typical day at work was being assigned to a regular education classroom, as well as, a SPED classroom. I learned to be a team player, the begining of ABA classroom on the job traning, as well as, the needs of children with disabilities. The staff in the clinical classroom where I then, held a permanment paraprofessional job were supportive. The hardest part of the job was getting to know the background of PDD and understanding moe about the disability and teaching in the field. While working in this position I then returned to college to get my associates degree in Early Childhood Education. The most enjoyable prt of this job was the rewards from the growth of the children from year to year.
Pros
great staff to work with ( 2001-2002)
Cons
no teamwork