GARRISON CARE CENTER Employee Reviews

Unclean
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Not a nice place to work at. Never staffed, and never enough washcloths to care for the residents. The nurses are never a team player. They aids are always over worked with to many residents at once with no help.
Fun place to work
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Garrison is a fun relaxed place to work the residents are a blast and the team members really act as such a team hours where flexible to fit hitches in your life.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
No raises
Not so productive
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJuly 10, 2017
Could have been a better experience if they were more concerned with their job.and professional company needs a full new staff.Bettrr working people with respect.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad and unprofessional Co workers
was good till owner passed away
Assistant EVS DIRECTOR & LEAD MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 22, 2017
owner change owner. owner passed away his kids sold the company to some firm up north. they went from doing everything in house to using vendors and cut my salary in half told them i was giving them my 2 weeks so the paid me out right and i walked under good conditions
ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 9, 2017
Very hard work. Work short staff 90% of time. It is nota terrible place to work. Most of the employees get along. I love working with the residents...
Pros
na
Cons
na
helping others maintain their everyday living and emproving their medical condition
Patient Care tech (Current Employee) –  2939 MagazineJanuary 5, 2017
im very motivated,when coming to work knowing someone is depending on me for assistance in maintain their daily living.knowing when to report any complaints of discomfort ,knowing how to observe the patient condition.following instructions from a supervisor.
productive busy work
care center (Former Employee) –  st.louisAugust 10, 2015
providing care to all resdents i learn to take extra care of them an make sure needs was met. i work with alot of older co workers so i learned different techniques from them. the hardest part was getting close to them an they pass away.
You can meet a lot of elders with stories to tell.
Dietary Aide-Porter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MoJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at work is pretty cool because u build a relationship with your fellow employees and residents. The hardest part of the job is excepting the fact a lot of residents end up passing because they are sickly or just from old age.
Pros
Family environment and free food
Cons
Low Pay and bad union benefits
I was there for the residents
Beautician/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2015
It took the breath out of me to smell rotting flesh daily. I had to purchase the parts needed to fix the shampoo bowl or it would have not passed state board compliance. The director was short with me I have a standard working environment and I supplied all of my own tools
Pros
The residents were a joy sometimes
Cons
If i didn't bring my own tools my work would be substandard
I made sure the residents hair and nails were kept up on a daily basis
Beautician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2014
I learned how to communicate with the residents and the family members about the need of the residents. I love taking care of people and helping the ones who couldn't help themselves. The management was good. They didn't know a lot about hairstyling so they couldn't help me a lot in that area. The hardest part was not having team help. Some of the workers were to busy to help when i needed and some just didn't feel like it
Nice Hood job
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 19, 2013
Garrison doesn't have all the perks that other places have. The staff has been there long and many are set in their ways, good or bad. Management is lacking on some levels but it still runs. I loved my residents we had a special blend of residents there. You truly have to love what you do to make it work otherwise you'll quit like everyine else does.
Pros
residents are some characters
Cons
management could be better