Garrison Family Medical Group Employee Reviews

2.3Pay & Benefits
Fast Paced
Limited X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  PalmdaleOctober 21, 2015
Fact paced hard working facility. Got along really well with everyone. This facility is very structured. I learned a lot more in my specific field.
Professional workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Busy outpatient office. Working in Urgent Care suite, with at least 30-40 patients per provider. An awesome place to work with great staff.
The paitents were usually fun and entertaining
Medical Assitant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 26, 2014
I mostly did Urgent Care and I loved it. You never knew what was going to come through the door, cough, head trauma, broken bones, earache. I just loved it.
Pros
Reps and paitents
Cons
Very inconsistant, and you never knew what was going on with schedules/ lunches until you were getting yelled at
Busy urgent care environment
Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 5, 2014
Patient vitals, Physicals, X-rays, Scheduling ultrasounds, authorizing prescription refills, cleaning rooms, and administering injections/vaccines. I have learned a lot that has broadened my experience. Coworkers are just doing what they can. It would be a better work environment if we all worked as a team. I like helping patients and making them feel comfortable and know that they are in good hands.
Pros
Free lunches some days, some employees take time to teach and explain
Cons
Low pay, no opportunity for advancement, difficult management, lack of team work throughout company
Hard working business, gets things done.
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 22, 2013
Learned a lot working in Medical records. Typical day at work included filing paperwork for patients. I would answer calls and deal with patients and requests for medical records.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
First job fun place to work
Medical Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CaJune 19, 2013
Everyday at work was the same, I was in charge of 4-6 employees who would run and file charts and paperwork. I would handle any scheduling between my employees. Management was okay, I received little to no comments for improvement .
Fun staff and Dr Garrison treated us all like family.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 8, 2012
I answered phones, prepared patient charts, collected co-pays, scheduled appointments, typed miscellaneous correspondence, and filled in for the medical transcriptionist in her absence.

My co-workers were fun to work with. I really can't say there was anything hard about this job. If any of us had an emergency with one of our children, we all chipped in to help cover jobs so that the other employee could leave to take care of the emergency. We really did work as a team.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the comradery we all shared.
Pros
low stress. fun environment.
Cons
crabby patients, but only on occasion. can't really think of any.
Garrison Family Medical Group is one of the top leading medical group that caters to the well-being of the community.
Medical Records File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 25, 2012
Working for this medical group was a great experience for me. The hours was flexible, the staff was a joy to work with, and the patients were well taken care of.