Gartner Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2019
A typical work day at Gartner is fast-paced. Gartner is going through some changes since the acquisition of CEB but overall it is a good place to work. The company's culture is nice, teamwork is highly encouraged.
Gartner - Typical Corporation
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 31, 2018
Gartner is a great company if you like working in a typical corporation. Follow rules, listen to your manager (even if he/she is incompetent), and follow rules. However, I have to say that it was fun working there since it gave the opportunity to grow, meet people.
Pros
meeting others (networking) and the ability to learn
Great work life balance (but that's role dependent)
Research Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield County, CTDecember 31, 2018
Work life balance was great. Pay was great. Benefits were good. Overall culture was good, the company is diverse. There is lots to like. Unfortunately, the management was stuck in "group think" mode. Free thinking and constructive criticism wasn't always appreciated and/or welcomed. Some of the promotions weren't fair (happened without interviewing), while others weren't allowed to even apply for certain jobs.
good place
Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 30, 2018
I worked there for a short time. It was a fun place with supporting supervisors. Sometimes work was too much but overall provided a good experience. I would definitely like to work there again.
Gartner - great career booster
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 12, 2018
Gartner has a great culture and you will learn great cold calling, prospecting, and account management skills. Enjoyed my experience with the company and they are very structured to their growth mission. However, there seems to be a decent amount of turnover after a year or two.
Just okay
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 12, 2018
Pay was good, management and integration is a bit all over the place. Workplace/ culture encourages all the benefits, management of this is very select and not consistent.
Very dishonest and cut throat culture.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2018
Management is dishonest and slippery. They talk about people and take their ideas to use as their own. Very unprofessional atmosphere and poor quality of management . Don’t waste your time on this loser company.
Pros
Slight benefits
Cons
Everything! The managers are dishonest and slippery
Great company with opportunities to grow
Vendor Briefings - Research Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 5, 2018
Assist software companies schedule appointments with Gartner research analysts to provide an introduction and or update on new products. In this role I have learned from management the importance to build an individual brand which will reflect upon the department and company overall. In addition, build relationships and earn the trust of our client while providing excellent customer care to our clients. Adopting the mindset of "There is always room for improvement" it is difficult at times to continually identify opportunities to strive for excellence. Working as a quiet leader and assisting my colleagues and manager has always been an enjoyable part of my day.
Great Place to Work
Sales Executive in Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
Client focused Organization with a great work/life balance. Pay is on the lower end for sales professionals but it is very steady.
Clients typically need Gartner to make sounds decisions.
Pros
Great Leadership at Executive Level
Cons
Middle Management can be challenging
Good Company
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2018
Gartner is an amazing company. It offers great insight to its clients through research and advisory services. My only complaint as from an internal sales planning perspective. The territories are very small with limited opportunity for growth
Pros
Value Selling Training
Cons
Small territories
Its fine
Director Software Engineering (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTNovember 18, 2018
Gartner suffers a bit from valuing politics and popularity at the same level as delivered value. Understanding that these two can be linked (the ability to successfully navigate politics can directly influence your ability to get the job done) - the emphasis is clearly on political side.

Gartner does provide a good benefits package, as far as larger corporations go you can do worse.
Fun place to work, opportunity to grow, very detailed oriented.
Logistic Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 13, 2018
Pros

Professional development. Insight into corporate environments at organizations across business domains. Can meet with some of the most respected people in the world for technology. Consultative. Challenging but very possible. Collaborative culture. Competitive but everyone is rooting for each-other, "i want to beat you by 1 pt" type of competitive.

Cons

The excessive amount of travel - seven to night times a year. Very process oriented. Can be exhausting at times but the best practices are there. No need to re-invent wheel to be successful.
Poor management
Lead Qualification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
Gartner has been through an enormous amount of change in the last year and it has taken a toll on the culture. Company meetings are routinely started with apologies from leadership about how poorly transitions have happened and how difficult things are. In the last year, 50% of our workforce has quit and moved on. This is primarily due to a lack of investment in existing talent, poor base compensation, and blatant lies from leadership about the company's development and strategy initiatives.

I used to love this company because I was surrounded by intelligent, driven, and team-oriented individuals. I learned something new every day. Leadership needs to take a hard look at all the amazing talent they've lost and route cause what has disrupted the culture so negatively.
Pros
Gym/Fitness benefit of $250/year, work/life balance, PTO allotment
Cons
401 k matching, segregated management, few development opportunities, no team events
Great benefits and, overall, a good place to work
PreVisor, SHL, Corporate Executive Board (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 7, 2018
I only worked for Gartner for a short time after an acquisition. From what I could tell the company was a pretty good place to work. They later sold us off so I was only there for a short time.
Set Up To Fail From The Start
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 2, 2018
I was given two weeks to learn their system. I didn't receive their computer until the third day. Everyone else got theirs day one. The computers were supposed to come already set up to go with just an addition of a flash drive to install other software onto the system. I had to figure it out on my own. The 'trainer' did a lousy job. Trainer would walk everyone through what they had to do except for me. A clear sign of favoritism. Was told by someone else, in a position of power, that there were "... people there that did not want me there." (Serious WTF moment). Found out who 2 of the 4 were. Unfortunate that people in positions of power play with other people's lives that way. Wasted my weekend learning Pivot Table upon request of a supervisor there just to be let go the following Monday for them to say I was not working out. .
Pros
Starting pay good, A few good people working there.
Cons
The four fu<ks that set me up to fail.
good workplace
Sr. Database Administrator (DBA) (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 31, 2018
this is one of the great places to work. they value every employee with dignity and respect. their bonus system is very good. i enjoyed being a part of Gartner
Great place to work,
Senior Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 29, 2018
Work / life balance can't be beat.
Great PTO progarm with standard holidays.
Fast paced development so you are always in the latest technology.
Overall a really good place to work.
Pros
great work life balance
Growing Pains
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 23, 2018
Huge growth happening at Gartner due to acquisition of CEB, but that has led to a lot of growing pains that they are trying to figure out, but it's going to take a while to get there.
Good company to work for
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 18, 2018
A company with strong values such as spirit of generosity, etc. Decent compensation package and benefit.
Smart and nice staff to work with
Emphasis on community contricution
Used to be a great place to work, not anymore
Research Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 16, 2018
Gartner was once a great place to work, they used to really care about their employees. Many years ago (before 2016) they used to treat their employees with respect and value.

Things have taken a turn for the worst since organizational changes on both the Research and the Sales side.

Ask anyone on the inside and they care less and less about their employees and more about cost-cutting measures and cheap replaceable labor.

Gone are the days of good managers, coaching, mentorship, and helping their teams grow and develop from within.

After hiring Sorority girls for managers who only hire and promote their friends it's become a "cool kids club" where you are given raises and promotions NOT based on your performance or merit, but on how much of a "YES MAN" you are and how much you brown-nose your manager.

Managers have even been hired from the outside with NO knowledge of the business/industry and NO real experience or management capabilities.

The CEO is great, unfortunately middle (junior and senior) managers are ruining this company.

This is particularly notable in the Fort Myers office, sadly.

Gartner used to be a great place to work, but not anymore.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, or you'll end up regretting it like so many others.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Poor management, mismanagement, poor treatment of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gartner. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

21%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss