Garver Employee Reviews

Depends on how you got the job with the company
Technical specialist equivalent (Former Employee) –  OK-AR-TXSeptember 22, 2018
Company grew a lot in few years, if growth is measured in the number of offices. Could say that it almost doubled the number of outlets.

Getting into large projects they never did before. Management (at all levels) is the skills bottleneck, and more time is spent on internal power struggles than leading and planning. Medieval levels of fragmentation of territories.
Latest software cannot help to compensate for lack of skills..
Lots of corporate perfume, including campaigns every year inviting employees to produce positive reviews. You do know what is the purpose of perfume?

New hires have to pull the weight of many.
Benefits look great, but cannot compensate for absence of direction (currently, in all directions without any strategy, as expansions do go).
Pros
Having a job is the only pro, Indeed offers "free lunch" as a "pro" despite old saying "No such thing as free lunch", somebody actually entered that
Cons
Disorganized, dysfunctional, absurd, waste of resources. As in: No time frames, no stated targets, no steps towards targets, while not letting employees to structure any of that for themselves.
Construction inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKAugust 6, 2018
Large corporation a bit impersonal for me but a good place to work. A lot of travel time to various places around Oklahoma. Good people to work with for the most part.
Great company overall, but lack of leadership in some areas.
Environmental Scientist/Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 11, 2018
Overall Garver is a great company to work for. They offer great benefits and the pay is satisfactory. The people who work there are great and Garver is a great place to work if you want to be a part of some high profile projects. Employees are also provided with state of the art technology to get the job done. The only downside to working there is that some of those in lower-level leadership positions lack professionalism and competence in their behavior and management style. This isn't a widespread problem throughout the company, but it has been noted.
Good Place To Work
Construction Observer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 12, 2017
Good place to work. Very good management, and great atmosphere. Not a high turn over rate. Pride themselves on being one of the best firms to work for on a yearly basis.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No advancement opportunity. Need better training
Internship
I.T. Intern- Hired (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 23, 2017
As an Intern I could not have asked for a better chance to learn. The IT team was wonderful when it came to teaching and working with them was amazing. I never dreaded going into work because I always had something new to learn.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Sudden Internship Ending
Very Good
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Work atmosphere and office life is great. Always a good amount of work and projects as well. Employers treat their employees with respect and everyone seems to get along as well.
I worked there, for a while.
Project Engineer (Engineer I) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 11, 2017
I worked there for a year and a half. They laid me off because I "didn't fit the team." Never explained, no idea what it means to this day. I guess I should have figured out what was coming when I wasn't invited to the yearly company meeting.
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Electrical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 1, 2013
Great environment and great engineers to work with. They allow to take on responsibilities and provide opportunities for employees to shine.
multi-disciplined engineering, planning, surveying, construction, and environmental services
Corporate Finance Administrator. (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2013
Fast-paced work environment driven by self-starters and supported by excellent IT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garver. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight