Gary Job Corps Employee Reviews

Good experience.
Student (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 8, 2018
Gary had a good environment with its ups and downs. I learned a lot which to this day is helpful to me. I wasn't there for long, but for the time being, I learned what I needed.
Extremely useful
Residential Advisor Internship (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 20, 2018
A wonderful place to exercise counseling, interpersonal relationships, effective communication, and to teach others proper life management skills lasting for life
Pros
Helping others
Cons
a lot of work
Great Triaining
Overhead Lineman Training (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 12, 2018
The training I received from Gary Job Corps was fantastic. I learned so much and it really gave me endurance and ambition I could use out in the world.
very diverse population fun and energetic people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 29, 2017
typical night at work i would ensure perimeter of school was secure, also made sure all buildings were locked after school hours also check for vandalism, also provide and ensure safety to all students and staff on center.
Here at the center i learned how to work in an intense and fast past job also learned to communicate and operate in a very diverse environment.
i enjoyed every aspect of this job and would highley reconmend it to someone.
warehousing
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 25, 2017
Fast pace go to be quick and motivated to work
Logistics forklift drive
Determined to show employee to get the job done
Fast
Determined
down staking
Break
Pros
free lu
Cons
short break free care
Productive and rewarding work place
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 11, 2017
Work with students to motivate them on new careers choices and to educate them on being better people in life. Making sure they are accountable for their actions and whereabouts.
career training
Overhead Lineman Training (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 18, 2017
its a place that trains in different various careers its for the ages of sixteen to twenty-five there are many different locations across the united states
My experience
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 25, 2017
Kids roaming freely with there hormonal acts cursing fights disrespect and every day you don't see much effort the place is literally rotting where it stands
It was a great vocational
ELECTRICAL AND OVER HEAD LINE TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 26, 2017
One of the best experiences I've ever been a part of I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Free school was able to get a lot of help in training for electrical and over head line construction. Truly blessed to have worked here.
Its a fun working environment helps you learn and be better in life
Material and handling (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 18, 2017
Gary Job Corps is something that you will need in life to better yourself it has almost everything a hard-working or hard labor worker will want to succeed you will get certifications in certified and anything you put your mind to at Gary Job Corps

Want to know more about Gary Job Corps?

Ask a question
Look elsewhere
Dental Assistant/Dental Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 11, 2017
Not that great of a job and is not a good work environment. They have no idea how to retain and treat their employees. Pay does not reflect the amount of work that is done.
Safe, Productive and then fun,
Teachers Assistance (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be productive and fun. Also it would have to be a safe work environment. I would want co workers that push me to do my very best and help me just as I would do for them if needed.
productive workplace with room to grown and gain new opportunities
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 17, 2017
Gary job corps is a campus located in San Marcos TX, while at Gary I obtained my certification in office administration. Gary is a productive place to learn and grow with great opportunities at hand.
great job inviorment
Student (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 30, 2017
great job inviorment, great inviorment for working with a team, great benefits, great job learning for the pay for when I was in high school, they worked around my busy schedule
Pros
free food
Cons
short brakes
Good memories
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 16, 2017
Great place to go to school meet people and learn and trade. You will go to job corps and be a whole different person when you get out. Good training can learn a lot if taken serious.
Working with young people to achieve employment goals
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 4, 2017
• Assisted individuals to find employment after completion of trade from Job Corps.
• Produced reports and data to verify student employment met federal guidelines.
• Worked with a diverse population to provide training, mentoring and assistance in obtaining employment,
Pros
Loved working with the young people
Cons
Not enough jobs for people of their age in this community
Engaging,Social,Transitioning and fun
Trade/Painting/Plastering (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 30, 2017
Well it wasn't at all what I bargained for because I worked as a female sorrounded by males,by mistake my desire is success in equality. its hardwork.
Pros
Liability, Socialable, Academic, Morality
Cons
Criminals
Productive and fun workplace they always talk with they always intended on teaching.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  San Angelo TexasMarch 25, 2017
A typical work day at Gary Job Corp just waking up in the morning going to eat breakfast and then going to trade finding out everything that you're doing in class that day and getting your tools set out and ready for the day. We start with our measurements and then we make our cuts
learning
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Gary job corps offers an number of different trades. The instructors there can and will give you one on one learning experiences. The school offers housing for those who live far from home.
Productive and positive workplace enviroment
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Some days are quiet and some are a little rough. But its all up to you of how your day will go. The workplace is very cultural diverse and welcoming. Staff and students get along for the most part, so it just makes it easier. My difficulties mostly was the workbooks. You just have to pay real close attention and its like cake. I've learned a lot from this place though. It make me look at things differently. Accepting constructive criticism isn't always bad. You just have to gain more responsibility and confidence. They also show you ways to manage your time, not only that but your money too.