Gas South Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Its not what it appears to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
From my experience working for this company, I'll say Do as your told! Adhere to company policy and procedure. Don't get caught up in the gossip. Don't trust no one.
Pros
A lot of perks (i.e. clothes, cups, socks, lunches, tickets to georgia favorite attractions)
Cons
Management cant be trusted are unhanded, manipulative, and conniving
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Very upbeat and fin place to be. Monthly mixers for team building, many community outreach events, Free outings and much more. Id recommend this oplace to anyone wanting employment to a great place
Pros
Many perks, free lunches, fun people
Cons
Pay could be a little higher, Fall/Winter will work you ragged
Gas South is a great place to work!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
The culture at Gas South is a great one. Employees are valued and management genuinely solicits and uses employee suggestions when making decisions on company policies/procedures. Gas South was one of the best employer's I have worked for.
Growing, rare, great job and benefits overrall
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 2, 2017
Hard to find a better company, but with all companies there are opportunities. It would be rated among the top call centers. Fast-paced that offers plenty of opportunities.
Pros
On-going perks
Cons
growing, developing, too ambitious for allocated resources and planning initiatives
Great Place
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 2, 2017
Great Place to work, great pay, great advancement, always over time, training and other wonderful things. Gas South really took care of their workers and Id go back anyday.
Great team/community.
Analyst, Supply and Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
Great team/community. long hours at the workplace. Manager was not at all understanding of setbacks/issues. Very demanding work environment that is not looking for someone to grow in the position.
Cons
long hours, unreasonable expectations
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2017
I have enjoyed working with Gas South. The culture has changed from what it use to be and I'm looking to change careers not because I did not like my job, but just ready to take on new and challenging adventures. I was stuck in the same position and salary was capped. Global warming had me worried about the future of natural gas. Overall Gas South is a great place to work.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Takes a while to move up
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 25, 2017
I can begin by saying that the workplace culture here is phenomenal. You must start the day with energy and eagerness to complete each call the best way you can.
Senior Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2017
I was at Gas South for 8 years and enjoyed most of my time there. I dont have any issues with the company, everything was fine, my personal reasons for leaving were based around where I wanted my own career to go.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Work diversity
Great Company To Work With
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 23, 2017
I absolutely loved working with this company. I was able to assist customers with there bill and services. This company gave appreciation to their customer's and employee's. The management team was very fair and just with their decisions. Absolutely Great Company.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Tickets, Different Incentives
Great Place To Work
Senior Customer Care Coach - Mass Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2017
Gas South is wonderful company to work for because it focuses on running a solid business while serving its customers and supporting its biggest assets - their employees.

Gas South is a family friendly company, they recently started an Employee Sabbatical Program to allow folks to plan long term paid time off to take that trip of a lifetime etc. The management team cares about the success of the company and the development of their people.

The best part of working at Gas South is the relationships I made while there.
Fun place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2017
Very fun place to work, I loved it, pay was 15 dollars per hour. I had to leave due to relocation. I would recommend this job to anyone who lives working I. The call center
very stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 17, 2017
the hardest part about working for this company is that the employee are not a priority and overtime was a mandatory and management could not be trusted
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work..
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2016
I love Gas South. I have absolutely no complaints. I plan to retire here. Ive been here for 8 years thus far. I love the people.. I love the management team. Great community evolvement .
Pros
Great place to work!
Cons
No cons
A good place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2016
My typical work day as a Customer Service Rep at Gas South involves logging on the computer to prepare for incoming calls, speaking with customers on the phone to setup new account, manage existing accounts, transferring service , documenting account on the computer, followup with researched information. I learned how to be a good listener. Management is always available to assist, it is an open door policy and Gas South is not a Micro managed company. There are constant changes to to improve the work environment for employees as well as to provide excellent customer service to their customers. My co-workers are friendly, it is a family environment Gas South is a company that often shows appreciation to the employees for job well done. The most difficult part of this job is speaking with an irate customer who refuses to listen whereas the concern at hand can be effectively resolved. I mostly like the CEO concern for his employees.
Pros
The Benefits are great!!! Health, Dental, 401K Complimentary lunches
Amazing company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30060August 30, 2016
Gas South is a family friendly company who values employees. It is a pleasure to be among a company who truly values the employees. The CEO is the absolute best. He really cares about all employees at Gas South.
Cons
No Sick Time
Pipeline Development Program Associate (PDP)
Pipeline Development Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Vinings, GANovember 22, 2015
The PDP program is a great opportunity to learn various methods and procedures from a call center representative, operations, and other aspects of the natural gas industry.

Ironically the most enjoyable, challenging, and frustrating aspects of the environment is working directly with the executive level and leaders of the company.

Exemplary benefits package and paid time off.
Pros
Exposure to various business methods
Cons
Limited growth potential
A rising company
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GASeptember 28, 2015
A great company but there is a challenge when balancing the companies expectations and home life. The call volume is extremely high and there are not enough agents to take the calls. Therefore the agents are over worked and under paid for the volume of calls and the duration of time that we are required to stay.
Most Excellent Company!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2015
Gas South Cares a great deal about the surrounding communities and the communities where their employees live. It's so refreshing to see a company that's so supportive!

They also do lots of Lunch & Learns and fun activities throughout the week.
Pros
Fun food based on holidays & events!
Cons
There are no cons to speak of.
Bad Company to work for
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2014
Senior Management promotes and rewards only those they like.