GASMART USA

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment

A temporary job that some how turned permanent

I originally started with this company a long time ago to work there just until I found something better. I ended up being with them for 5 years and I wasted a long time with them. No job advancement, no paid time off. I mean it's a gas station the pays minimum wage what do you expect. The manager I had though was one of the hardest working managers I've ever seen in my life. Gasmart has now been bought out by Minitmart and he is now a district manager for the company. I will say I did get injured (testicular tortion) and i couldn't walk at all for a week. They sent me to some phony doctor that said nothing was wrong with me. Not trying to get graphic with you but one of them grew to the size of a hedge ball (those green slimey balls in your back yard). It's too late to try to sue but it's whatever I still haven't done anything about it.

Pros

customers

Cons

boring

Everyone is disposable

The only advantage to working for this company was I was able to last long enough to parlay my experience into a management position elsewhere. Employee burnout is built into their business model, the only way to get a raise is to get promoted, and they show absolutely no trust in their employees.

Pros

Work experience in high volume retail

Cons

Terrible company culture, low pay, excessively long hours

Company out of business

The company went bankrupt and closed the doors within the short time I was employed. It would have been an extremely rewarding future position with growth potential.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Closed

great company

Great company I really miss it. Loved going to work every day. Sad they closed down. If they were to ever re-open I would definitely return to this place. Great benefits, hours and management

Company is out of business

Upper management was really laid back. DM was amazing. However the company didn't pay their bills so towards the end of my employment there was nothing on the selves.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Working to get by

The free sandwich after working a certain amount of hours is nice. However, this isn't a place for full time employment. Pay was okay but you have to work extremely hard for a raise.

very micro managed and detail oriented

as a member of management you are required to wear many hats; you have to be diversified in all areas because you didn't know form day to day what challenges you might be faced with.

Pros

you are able to work with a lot of great managers

Cons

no real benefits to speak of

Terrific company to work for

I had finally found a company and position that I enjoyed getting up and going to work. I was training to move fairly quickly within the company, however, there were financial obstacles forcing the company to close business. The big down fall was having a week notice and now searching for other career opportunities.

Pros

Great management, pleasant environment, no micro managing

Benefits

Great Company

They were very understanding and willing to work around a mothers schedule. The employees were very easy to get along with.

Pros

great people fast paced

Very tedious job

Long hours and no breaks. No room for growth in the company either. The manager could not read or write and couldn't communicate either.

Pros

Cons

no breaks

Typical work day I would open up the store get coffee ready, turn on the pumps and lights, open my draw, unlock the doors and stock shelves, sweep and mop. I leaned how to run a register, How to change pop and stock, I leaned how to handle customers better. Management was good. The hardest part was when a customer came up to you asking a question you didn't know the answer to and trying to find the answer wile still dealing with other customers. The customers. I loved dealing with the people that came in and with the people I worked with I had fun working with a lot of my coworkers and meeting new people.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

No benifits

Not a terrible place to work

Hardest part of the job was keeping employees after they found out they had no promotion opportunities or raises.

Pros

It was a job

Cons

No raises or promotions

Manager runs Gasmart as a family place.

Working at Gasmart is enjoyable.place to work. Everybody gets along and we try to have fun. The bad part is having to handle irate customers that will not listen to you. The most enjoyable part is building an awsome rapport.

Pros

Free fountain drinks and a very understanding Manager.

Cons

No breaks or lunch.

Customer Service

Typical day was auditing your own cash draw at beginning and end of your shift. Delt with regular customers that would come in for their daily coffee. Store inventory, store orders, inventory on safe, learned to work in kitchen that supplied daily fast food for people. Management was easy to get along with, they were understanding and very flexiable Hardest part of job was angry customers enjoyable part was interaction with regular customers. Was always able to share a laugh with them.

Pros

free pop

Cons

raise freeze

Overall good job and good pay

I completed store deposits, daily balancing paperwork, markdowns, and daily cigarette inventory. I assisted with daily cashier and cleaning duties. The hardest part of the job was the sometimes long hours. The best part of my job was getting to meet different people every day, as we were a store on the interstate.

Pros

Good pay, great employees, always something to do

Cons

long hours and short breaks

Best Boss Ever

my boss was the best. He worked as hard as the employees did.. always ready to lend a hand. Very funny guy always had you laughing...But when it is time to move on...you move on.

Challenging but easy going place to work at

A typical day at work was me going in to open the store at 4am and counting the drawers and safe down. I did daily audits and sometimes inventory for the store depending on what was needed. I did all the computer work as well. Management was good, only negative was that I couldn't get raises, and I always put 110% into everything that I did. The co-workers were friendly and very cooperative. The hardest part of the job was working extremely hard and never getting a raise for all the things you have to do. The most enjoyable part would be working with such friendly people, and the customers were always friendly as well.

Cons

No raises

Tight deadlines

Small company trying to keep costs down by overloading their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GASMART USA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• GASMART USA