Gastro One Employee Reviews

Pre-Op Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 7, 2018
This is one of the best places I have ever worked. Supervisors seem to care about you as a person and listen to concerns and address them in a timely matter. Took a pay cut when i accepted this job but the perks are great!!!!
Gastro One
Pathology Grossing Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2018
A typical work day is coming in at 6pm. I enjoy nights as I am able to come in and have all my work laid out for me of what needs to be done. Everyone is always friendly and very nice at all Gastro locations.
no comment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNNovember 20, 2017
Gastro one is a busy office the physician are great, I learned a great deal from working at Gastro One. Work flow was not equal shared coworker. We did get free lunches.
Fun place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 2, 2017
What a fun place to work! The people and doctors were amazing. If the pay had been better I would have stayed. The only downside was it was hard to take time off because you were assigned to a specific doctor and it was hard for someone to fill in for you.
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
Low Wages.
Favoritism and Awful management
Former medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNOctober 9, 2017
The company used to be a great place to work until the management became awful and unethical. The rules aren't the same for everyone. The turn overrate speaks for itself. Poor training and leadership. The physicians at the practice are excellent but the management is under qualified and plays favorites. Awful place to work. There are different expectations for everyone.
Pros
Great physicians and free lunches. Benefits are good.
Bad management and racism
N/A (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNOctober 8, 2017
Just bad. Need better management. Much racism and favoritism. It speaks for itself. The whole staff is upset due to no such understanding. Want no one listen.
A day at work!
Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNSeptember 21, 2017
My day starts with 2-3 pillcams most every morning. Then clinic starts to become busy, so will help in clinic, lab, and any where else if needed. I help coordinate up to 6 doctors in clinic daily. I work with physicians, nurses, and medical assistants on EMR system.
Pros
Learning new things daily.
Cons
We cant make everyone happy.
Treated like family
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis tnAugust 25, 2017
Treated like family and we all worked together if help if there was a problem we worked as a team and helped each other. The physicains and the customers and vendors were great. The nurses put together a large card with a lot of gas money for the move which made me cry. I will miss my Bartlett Clinic crew and we received free medical care (any gastric issues) and blood work to bring to and PCP.
Pros
free lunches from vendors and doctors and knowing we would all help each other in a heart beat
Cons
no breaks and 30 minute lunch but working hours were great w/no weekends
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMay 17, 2017
Awesome benefits. Great docs to work for & your comfortable around them. Free rep lunches. You can learn alot in many areas. I give 2 thumbs up to em
Benefits
Cons
Management shows favoritism
Productive, Fast-paced, clean
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 29, 2017
coworkers are very helpful and friendly,

workplace can get busy, but it flows smoothly,

Learning new skills, diagnosis, medications, and other GI related symptoms

the hardest part about my job is seeing people sick, especially those with kind ,humble spirits

the most enjoyable part is meeting new faces, with endless smiles and jokes to make my job worth while
Pros
benefits, free lunch, friendly coworkers, off on weekends & holidays
Cons
not being able to expand my career/skills as much
Productive and advancement
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at work consist of hard working, being optimistic at all times and efficient time managing. Showing the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff.
Great learning experience
Endoscopic technician (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Gastro One is a great place to work right out of school. Gastro One is not a place however if you want to advance your career. if you are content with staying in the same spot then this is a job for you.
Pros
great people
Cons
pay
Busy practice
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2017
A very fast pace office that is focused on putting the needs of patients first, by providing excellent care, while staying current with technology. There are several locations that located through out the city which is convenient for the patients.
Productive, fast paste
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNDecember 3, 2016
Great place to work and very nice employees. Everyone is very helpful and they are always willing to help where its needed. The managers are also very supportive and easy to talk to. I've never had a Company that treats its employees this nice.
Pros
Free lunch and great benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks and sometimes long shifts
Ok company to work for overall
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 30, 2016
Overall Gastro One was a great place to work, however, management leaves something left to be desired! Management is full of liars. They work with who they want to work with and leaves everyone else in the dust fending for themselves. I must say that I enjoyed working with the physicians and all of my coworkers. I would recommend this as a good place to work but would highly suggest that you keep your personal information to yourself. Oh and I failed to mention that the pay is ridiculously low for an RN.
Pros
Free lunches, fun coworkers
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Fast Paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 5, 2016
Management is not as understanding as they could be and in office conflict is prevalent in certain offices. Morale should be a priority as well as doing away with preferential treatment.
Pros
Benefits and this facility offers a wealth of knowledge
Cons
Morale
Staff is friendly. Poor Pay and overworked!!! Doctor's are amazingly kind to work with.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 2, 2016
Underpaid and overworked...overbooked and short staffed...you're hired for a set schedule and then guilted into staying over a couple of hours everyday. If you don't stay over and need to leave you will be delegated the harder cases the next day or given the cold shoulder from certain staff members.
Pros
Two Bonus checks yearly. PTO after 90 days. Paid holidays off.
Cons
Overbooking of patients and short staffed, pay is extremely low, not enough time given to adequately check in and assist patients regarding their care, unorganized, techs, iv nurses and lpn's are extremely overworked
Great place to work if you enjoy working for a big company/ corporation
Checkout /Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2016
This is a great place to work if you enjoy working for a corporation. I have learned quite a bit about working in a Specialist group vs. working in Internal Medicine. I prefer working with a smaller office (more intimate) vs. a big company/organization (ex.: I have been working here for almost a year and a half and still do not know everyone).
Pros
Great benefits, diverse group of people, free lunches
Cons
Poor management, not much room for advancement, location to home
Management lacking, doctors allowed to overbook patients, staff friendly and welcoming
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 24, 2016
The staff is very nice, easy to work with, very welcoming to newcomers. The annual bonuses are always welcomed, and usually pretty generous. The supervisors can be very easy to work with on your personal schedule, put family commitments first and willing to work with you, for the most part. Management can be very wishy-washy, let one employee get away with anything, but come down hard on another for a small infraction. Hard to feel job security in that environment. Doctors supposed to have a set maximum amount of procedures they can schedule in a day, but regularly allowed to over book and go way over that limit, putting stain on nurses and staff.
Pros
Friendly staff, work well together
Cons
Inability of management to set rules and policy and then follow through, seem to play favorites with certain staff members
This was one the most disorganized poor management I've ever worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2016
This is place where there's no teamwork. Respect of person family bread promotional environment. There's just a constant battle with working there with no support from people in authority.
Pros
You get to work with great physician and caring for loving patients
Cons
No teamwork, respect of person terribly, poor management, very poor compensation