Gastroenterology of the Rockies Employee Reviews

Fast paced job with a great team environment!
Endoscopy RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COSeptember 25, 2018
It is difficult to find a position as a nurse that has a better team atmosphere than what GROCK has to offer. I wake up knowing the other nurses, techs, leads, and even the doctors will have my back no matter what when going into my shift. This makes being an Endoscopy Nurse with this company beyond enjoyable and I am thrilled to be a part of this company.
With this position you will gain both pre/post op experience along with assisting the doctors directly in the procedure rooms and administering the conscious sedation medications. Few nursing positions can give this amount of experience in a short amount of time. This company also gives New Grad RN's an opportunity for a starting career!
The doctors have always made me feel like I'm a valuable part of their team and I've always felt respected as their nurse. Many of the doctors understand that this is an extremely fast paced position and offer support where they can to keep the work flow moving.
I've found that the nurse leads have an "open door" policy and are more than willing to listen to any suggestions as well as complaints from staff. Many times the leads have gone to higher management to correct any issues staff is having along with asking for rewards for those who do go above and beyond. It is extremely encouraging to be recognized by higher ups for doing a job well done.
While the hours can sometimes be long (each shift differs due to amount of procedure cases) and the starting pay/benefits could be improved- I find that the positives of this position as stated above outweigh these negatives. I
  more... enter every shift knowing that I have an amazing team that will support me throughout the day and I'm respected for my position as an Endoscopy nurse.
I would highly recommend GROCK if you are looking for a fast paced and team oriented nursing position!
Pros
no nights, paid off holidays, weekends off (only work one Saturday a year), mostly free lunches, team environment, hires new grad RN's
Cons
bad benefits, ok starting pay, can have long hours
Great company to work for
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 31, 2018
Fast paced work place. Have learned a lot about GI in the time I have been here. Management is great, very understanding, and listen. Management has made the scheduling process easier for the schedulers. I love the job, and the people I work with. I enjoy helping patients with there needs. Would enjoy more in-services on GI related topics.
Pros
Great management, 8 hour shifts, weekends off
Cons
More PTO for employees that have been there for awhile
Poor management
Office Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 1, 2018
Toxic work environment. Unhappy staff and poor morale due to increased work load caused by high turnover. Management does not hear staff concerns or ideas for changes to make for a positive work environment. Main concern is profit, not staff.
Positive and fun workplace
Endoscopy Technician and Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 10, 2018
GROCK was an excellent place to work, with a fun, supportive staff and work environment. I truly appreciate all that I learned from this company. The physicians, nurses, techs, and management worked well as a team and was very supportive. The company is large and requires much organization to run smoothly, and I feel that this was done with ease by the management. The company is very consistent and also offers bonuses, meriting work that was put in. I left only because of going back to school, but I hold many friendships and professional relationships from the company. They are great with training, and will ensure that each individual has the opportunity to excel in their position. Additionally, this is a fast-paced healthcare company, and you do not work weekends!
Pros
Free rep lunches often, great learning environment, fast paced, weekends off
Cons
Traveling (its important to know that you will often travel between sites)
unhappy employees, poor managment
Scheduler/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COApril 20, 2018
Management leaves much to be desired. Their focus is on keeping costs way down so they can then reward the doctors. Very high turnover because management blames employees rather than lack of training or lack of good management. Poor IT management - inferior EMR, outdated website, nontechnical, etc.
Pros
week ends off
Cons
low pay, overworked, unprofessional environment
Dont even bother
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COApril 10, 2018
Management is unprofessional, they like to try and intimidate you. You would always worry if you had a job because they would tell you basically sink or swim, we will decide if we like you or not. They tell you they are keeping you then they let you go. Not enough training for everything you need to know. Training is interrupted all the time, hard to focus then. Management plays games, its a clique
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Pay rate isnt great, hard to move up
Rewarding
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 21, 2018
Work here was fast paced but rewarding. Caring for patients was very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was when the equipment for cleaning the scopes malfunctioned requiring a call to the service technician.
Pros
Free lunches provided by sales reps
Cons
The insurance provided by the company was not very good
"Ma and Pa" type management, Very unprofessional
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CODecember 23, 2017
Not a great place to work if you are an IT professional. Management does not understand IT and are quick to blame folks for problems they don't understand. The various software vendors end up handling all the software installations and software problems. You must leave the company to advance.
Pros
Great Drs to work with, good place to start career then move on
Cons
no career future, low pay
High stress low morale
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 29, 2017
Management was only interested in profit. Paid lip service to patient care ( nurses called patients with test results before they were reviewed by a doctor.) support staff underpaid, overworked and with low morale. I would never work or choose to receive care here. Pace is too rushed and many details often fell through the cracks
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay bad morale
don't waste time here
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COSeptember 25, 2017
unhappy work environment. No future for office workers - low pay, raises ($0.37/hr/yr), health care deductible too high to afford, lack of communication from management to employees, incompetent managers, CEO knows nothing about exiting IT structure so expects things that can not be done. Outsourced IT function to young guys with no experience.
Pros
8hr shifts, usually no weekend work, great Drs. to work with
Cons
lack of appreciation from CEO, poor managers, ignore office workers

Want to know more about Gastroenterology of the Rockies?

Ask a question
Work is fun & you learn a lot
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 12, 2017
Amazing place to work somewhat unorganized but the doctors and staff are amazing. Expect to learn a lot. They have doctors who specialize in liver and now have a cure for Hepatitis C. Beautiful learning experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small break room
Office Atmosphere
Customer Service/Scheduling/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COApril 2, 2017
It is a pleasure to come in to work on a daily basis. The distance is adequate for my daily commutes. The leadership is top level compared to previous employers. Staff is professional with process improvements. Atmosphere is comfortable with regards to training and support. My current position is realistic and challenging with leadership and staff encouraging improvement and training. Patient interaction is a bonus with this position which I enjoy immensely.
Pros
occasional overtime
Cons
cleaning crew needs improvement
Challenging, too specific
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 31, 2017
Challenging and too specific to multiple physicians. Culture of the work place was many individuals causing issues with others. Too many behavioral issues due to previous management. Too many bad habits
Wonderful work environment
Call Center Patient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 26, 2017
Management is wonderful and is willing to give you a chance to excel in other department of the company. You can move up in a position fast. They are willing to teach you and listen to your concerns.
Employee not valued
Procedure Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJanuary 20, 2017
Not valued and feel that there new.call center manager has no compassion or clue about patient care and when you try talk to her I don't think she cares and she makes excuses on why it's okay for patients to not be sched in a timely manner.
Pros
Majority of staff hard workers
Cons
No respect and talked down on
Rushed, work work work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COApril 21, 2015
If you didn't make enough appointments/in bound/ out bound calls, you were getting reprimanded. My immediate supervisor was not one that you would share anything work or personal with because she would use it against you when and if you had a complaint.
Challenging Fast Paced
Clinical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 25, 2014
Phone Call Triage, challenging atmosphere, fast paced, patience is a must
productive workplace, enjoyed working with the many employees and doctors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 5, 2012
Work day included rooming patients for office visits, obtaining previous medical records prior to visit. Maintaining electronic medical records. Working back office and front desk. Stocking rooms answering patient phone calls and delivering results. My managers were great and so were the co-workers. It was a great place to work.