GAT Airline Ground Support Employee Reviews

Horrible work environment!
Cabin cleaner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2019
If I had the option....I would choose zero stars!
15 years as a housekeeper....I never had problems or any issues with anyone!
A week at GAT, I am assaulted and there was constant bullying and discrimination!!!!
Discrimination against my nationality. Why hire me then?
Furthermore, GAT has no cleaning supplies!! Imagine I have to MOP bathroom floors with napkins and use UNITED AIRLINES air freshener......unsanitary!!!
Just disgusting and disgraceful!!!!
Come to think of it, they would hire anyone.....only rude, degenerate immature people working there and management is never available!!!
I can't even in touch with the HR dept!!!!
Like a family
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMarch 6, 2019
Good environment, and good people to around. Everybody knew there job , and knew what to do. I enjoyed my days there no matter what time of season it was
Blow smoke in your face
Lead Airline Cargo Handler/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 27, 2019
From the time they started their contract all they've done is never provide adequate tools to perform the job correctly and still expect to have exceptional service. Customer complaints were never handled by the manager and there's a lack of communication with there airlines.
Pros
pay was nice
Cons
health care covers nothing, management doesn't promote teamwork
One word... RUN
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 24, 2019
This is the most ghetto, unprofessional workplace I have ever worked at in my entire life. I would not wish this job on my worst enemy. The hours sucked, obvious favoritism, and poor management. The skycap department of GAT was fine but the customer service/ramp department needs to be revamped ASAP or this contract will NOT last in Jackson. Truthfully, it falls entirely on management. The manager was never there during any of our flights (we only had one flight a day) which is only 4 hours or less a day. There was obvious favoritism throughout the workplace which ultimately cost several people their jobs or they quit out of frustration. People were not trained correctly and all management cared about was numbers and nothing else. The station manager stated we were all "family" but the only way you were included if you were apart of their little circle. If you aren't....well you know the rest. I highly suggest that if you are thinking about working for an airline in Jackson...DO NOT work of GAT (you will quickly regret it...like many have) Try to work at the other 4 airlines that Jackson has to offer. If GAT finally decides to get rid of their station manager and hire someone worthy (professional, organized, and knowledgable) ... this may be an ok place to work. I would not recommend this company unless you are applying for skycap.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Benefits, Hours, Management
Na
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2019
The only good thing about working here was able to go up in the planes. They will change our work schedule every month and they would only offer us 3-4 hour shifts
Former Syracuse Manager
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 20, 2019
Corporate office doesn't support the SM as they should. Total lack of communication, training was obsolete, employees were unmotivated and not truthful. Very low pay compared to amount of hours/responsibility put forth on SM. Employee breakroom/office was filthy, not maintained....There are WAAY better options in the Syracuse area. Cheers!
Pros
You get to watch airplanes.....
Cons
Multiple
8 Years with the same company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2019
I have been mentored and trained by GAT which has opened doors for me to move up in the company. You have to be willing to invest in the company and they will invest in you. Plenty of opportunities with the company but you have to be determined. Love my Job and my team!
Pros
Learning new things everyday.
Good company to get your start in the industry
CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Contract work which is a good start to better jobs with more pay and benefits,

Being that its contract work, the work could end.

Good job because its a typical job where you only get a half hour break.
CSA Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 15, 2019
The Savannah station is a horrible station to work at manager and supervisors are very immature and don’t like to do there job. I was a CSA and always ended up doing more than my job description or doing things that the manager should be doing. Got hired being said that I would work 25-30hrs and eventually would become full time that never happened. Hours got shorter upper management never gave any warning of hours getting cut or flights slowing down and dates being taken away. They aren’t team player and dont back up their employees and company policy. Company advances newer workers rather than workers with seniority
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Awful, awful company
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2018
I have wasted the last year and a half with this company. The job itself is a great job if you like physical work and being outside. I personally do, so if you do as well I recommend applying with any other company than GAT! If the company wasn't so terrible I could see staying here for longer but currently it is 100% not worth it. This is not a minimum wage type job, it is very phsyically demanding and I often have back pain from moving luggage so much. Additionally you are out in the elements be it 111 degree heat or freezing cold in the pouring rain. Every other airline pays more for the exact same job....except GAT. If you want to be a ramper I implore you to look into any other company. I have yet to see any increase in pay yet the new rampers under the new contract started at a dollar more than we did. GAT is a lawsuit waiting to happen...oh wait they have several. DONT WORK HERE!
Cons
All upper management is a joke

Want to know more about GAT Airline Ground Support?

Ask a question
Not right from the start
Ramp Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioDecember 23, 2018
Interviewed I was told one salary then when hired it was something else. Mandatory 60 hours work week. Salaried Slave drivers! Too much work for too little pay.
Pros
Exciting place to work
Cons
Pay sucks & no work life balance
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2018
If you are a hard worker and care about what you do, DO NOT COME HERE! They promote and give higher salaries to the people that barely do any work or risk the lives of the passengers. They do not care about the workers. If you work hard, they WILL screw you over. They have favorites and those favorites can do no wrong. You will regret coming here if you do.
Poorly managed company, starting at the top!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GADecember 9, 2018
Very poorly managed company! Senior leadership only cares about the bottom dollar, their bonus. GAT does not care about the employees or their safety. Training is horrible as well as Senior leadership!
Pros
None!
Cons
Very poor leadership. Leadership only cares about the bottom dollar.
Ramp lead
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2018
I actually loved working at gat, unfortunately i had an issue that i had to quit not due to the company. My supervisor was great and he's taught me alot through my years of working there.
Pros
worked my way up to being a lead
Cons
Alot of manual labor
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2018
csr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2018
need to be a little more flexible with the weekends to use the travel benefits you have sometimes the weekend, or need to set up some type of way were we being apart of the can use these benefits
avoid to work for worst company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2018
the management was lack off. they always shorted staff and you have put 200% to work but you will not get credit if you work overtime you need get approval before or you will work for those hour free....don’t apply you will thanks me later
Pros
no flight benefits
Cons
hours will cut because they will not get there bonus by ens of year
Great company, worked hard and ontime.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 11, 2018
Great company to work for, even though it was seasonal. Having so much experience in ground operations, was able to help out with training and over seeing new hires, and help training them. Also was able to do all tasks that were required in ground operations.
Pros
Great training and work atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal work only
Good atmosphere
Wheelchair Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 3, 2018
Decent tips and hours. Not enough people working. Good atmosphere. Not very organized. Reasonable about time off. Decent people you work with. A lot of down time if you work at night.
Pros
Decent tips and hours.
Cons
Not enough people working. Not very organized.
Terrible work place
Ramp Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Manager was terrible. Hours always being cut. Just a bad job in general. Training was useless. The only good thing was coworkers but some try to act superior.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAT Airline Ground Support. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8