GAT Airline Ground Support
48Low

GAT Airline Ground Support Employee Reviews

United States217 reviews
Not the best place
Management doesn’t really care about their employees. They need to focus on what the people need more so the operation can run better. The pay can be great if offered overtime.
Dont do it
They put the wrong people in management who don’t know what they are doing. Your better off not working here. You won’t like it and will likely leave within 6 months or less.
Good company
A very excellent company to work for. Everyone is caring and helpful.
Very team oriented

Goal oriented

Excellent benefits

Excellent customer feedback
Dont work here
The best thing about working for GAT is the people you will meet. Everything else about the company was horrible. Empty promises, horrid management, and communication is atrocious.

Management is horrible, you are treated like a dog and expected to work whenever the GM calls. Our GM yelled and threatened to fire an employee because he had to go pick up his daughter from school, but the GM didn’t want him to leave. Every employee was scared to say anything to corporate about management because when someone did, they were “mysteriously” fired once management was notified. Management will take advantage of you, talk down to you and make you feel like nothing. The moment you decide to stand up for yourself, you are then fired.

Communication is horrible throughout the company, my training wasn't planned well at all. Training took longer than a week to even start, because nobody in management was communicating with one another. If i was a new employee, I would have absolutely no idea how to do anything.

There is no opportunity to advance within the company because it seems that everyone higher up knows each other, and they only move their friends up.

Only thing, the ONLY thing, good about GAT is your fellow co-workers

DO NOT WORK FOR GAT/NO FUTURE
Very good work environment
Working for GAT has been a very good experience. What I like most is the opportunity to provide services to people who really need help and the customers appreciate the help and most of the time show their gratitude with a nice tip.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not a fun place
Very little hands on training, Management very disorganized, Manager sleeps all day and smokes cancer sticks like crazy. Long hours for little pay, the least they can pay you is 12.50 an hour for all the work you do. LACK OF COMMUNICATION, if you dont ask then you missed out on info.
Don't work here
Terrible working conditions, higher ups aren't concerned about if you tore your meniscus or not, you better show up to work or else. You want time off? Denied. Sick? Get a doctors note or you get points.
bad awful
bad awful company the management is backwards they dont care about there employees they are just awful the company as a whole in sarasota needs to fail
All of these reviews can’t be wrong 🤔
Co-workers are / were good people . Hard working / good folks on the ramp .

But it ends there , management is everything the other online reviews say it is 💯
Pros
Ramp workers 💪
Cons
Lack of Management
Great company
One of the best jobs I ever had, I love my manager, I love my flexible schedule, the pay is decent, I have no complaints about this job, yearly raises and all!!! Life is good there!
It was great
• Easy full time Job
• Great benefits

• Best Employees to work with

• Best part of the job is the schedule

• Hardest part of the job Is Taking Toilet waste from the plane
Run
most of the staff was great but managment sucks! lots of favoritism. turn over rate is horrible. some of the supervisors were great but a couple were the worst. gm will stand by and watch you struggle on the ramp. vp does the same thing. the good employees are leaving because of gm. majorly unorganized. you will not be rewarded for your hard work. do not work for this company
Wouldn’t work here if you don’t want to be underpaid ridiculous scheduling favoritism and just a mess
Very unorganized work for little to nothing hard work goes unrecognized company is very unorganized no real management treat workers unfairly not very diverse
Pros
Get to work with all kinds of aircraft
Cons
To much work, very unorganized poor management
Cheating employees pay
All GAT hourly employees rec'd a 1 week pay instead of our 2 week pay due to a glitch in payroll! The payroll mgr not doing her job! We r walking ATL!
The job sucks you can be put into 3 airlines Delta, United, or American you work more for less
American doesn't have flight benefits Delta I don't know United has flight benefits but you're on standby but you will see its not worth it management sucks you have to wait for your pay increase for god-knows-how-long its very stressful and In American is the worst airline ever
Pros
Cons
Every thing sucks from this company
The worst place to work ever!!
I worked at this company for 8 months and I have to say that this was the worst job ever. There was not a day where I did not go home without being reprimanded by the night time supervisor who didn’t do anything but sit on his lazy behind and directed other people to do work. The station manager was just as sad as he let this supervisor get away with everything and only came down to the terminal unless he got an email from the airport saying that we skycaps had done something wrong which he did not have any proof that we did or not . This company needs to do better in hiring and firing people who know what they are doing. It’s sad when good workers are either fired or quit because of dumb leadership. The night time supervisor was dumb and didn’t have any people skills whatsoever and he didn’t have a high school diploma which explained it all. I’m glad I left this sorry place and I don’t wish anybody working here ever.. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

terminal
Stay Away
If you enjoy being over work and under payed this is the place for you. They continue to being understaffed, yet expect all of their flights to be handled safely and efficiently. Whether you work with the passengers upstairs, or the bags below the wing, this place is a complete joke. You're never thanked or appreciated by the manager of the station. They can't even keep a manager for more than 6 months. Employees don't even know who the current manager is, as they're rarely in the station during business hours. The hardest part of the job is having to pick up shifts for people they keep firing, and getting "in trouble" when overtime is collected. The most enjoyable part of the job is not being there.
It’s not as good as they promise.
It’s a bad deal you work for contractors who work for a different company. They barely pay you for your work, too much drama, childish employees, terrible hours, they lied to me from the get go about me getting full time and how there’s room for moving up in the company here. It’s a joke honestly. Go work in fast food before you work here. You’ll make more th
One word to describe the management here at GAT..... TRASH don’t get me wrong the job it self is cool, fun at times, and I actually like it a lot but it’s management who makes you hate it. The management team is the worst !!. They are unorganized, do not take ownership in they wrong doing, and love placing blame and the ramp is ALWAAAAYYYYSSS I MEAN ALWAYS SHORT HANDED, and they expect you to do so much,it’s a burn out. There is definitely no leadership with in this company or should I just say the phl site.
Good
The job was okay, mangers was awesome they help me out a lot. I learn some new things and life changing from them. They also help me become a better person in my personal life and my work life.
don’t do it
The company is trash. Management is full of scummy people who only care about money and don’t care for the employees. Trust and believe when I tell you they don’t care about you. You can be working there 3 years and still make what a new hire makes. Don’t give this company a chance. they don’t deserve it. Go to any other company.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
absolutely everything you could think of
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAT Airline Ground Support. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3