GAT Airline Ground Support Employee Reviews

CSA Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 15, 2019
The Savannah station is a horrible station to work at manager and supervisors are very immature and don’t like to do there job. I was a CSA and always ended up doing more than my job description or doing things that the manager should be doing. Got hired being said that I would work 25-30hrs and eventually would become full time that never happened. Hours got shorter upper management never gave any warning of hours getting cut or flights slowing down and dates being taken away. They aren’t team player and dont back up their employees and company policy. Company advances newer workers rather than workers with seniority
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Awful, awful company
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2018
I have wasted the last year and a half with this company. The job itself is a great job if you like physical work and being outside. I personally do, so if you do as well I recommend applying with any other company than GAT! If the company wasn't so terrible I could see staying here for longer but currently it is 100% not worth it. This is not a minimum wage type job, it is very phsyically demanding and I often have back pain from moving luggage so much. Additionally you are out in the elements be it 111 degree heat or freezing cold in the pouring rain. Every other airline pays more for the exact same job....except GAT. If you want to be a ramper I implore you to look into any other company. I have yet to see any increase in pay yet the new rampers under the new contract started at a dollar more than we did. GAT is a lawsuit waiting to happen...oh wait they have several. DONT WORK HERE!
Cons
All upper management is a joke
Not right from the start
Ramp Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioDecember 23, 2018
Interviewed I was told one salary then when hired it was something else. Mandatory 60 hours work week. Salaried Slave drivers! Too much work for too little pay.
Pros
Exciting place to work
Cons
Pay sucks & no work life balance
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2018
If you are a hard worker and care about what you do, DO NOT COME HERE! They promote and give higher salaries to the people that barely do any work or risk the lives of the passengers. They do not care about the workers. If you work hard, they WILL screw you over. They have favorites and those favorites can do no wrong. You will regret coming here if you do.
Poorly managed company, starting at the top!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GADecember 9, 2018
Very poorly managed company! Senior leadership only cares about the bottom dollar, their bonus. GAT does not care about the employees or their safety. Training is horrible as well as Senior leadership!
Pros
None!
Cons
Very poor leadership. Leadership only cares about the bottom dollar.
Ramp lead
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2018
I actually loved working at gat, unfortunately i had an issue that i had to quit not due to the company. My supervisor was great and he's taught me alot through my years of working there.
Pros
worked my way up to being a lead
Cons
Alot of manual labor
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2018
csr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2018
need to be a little more flexible with the weekends to use the travel benefits you have sometimes the weekend, or need to set up some type of way were we being apart of the can use these benefits
avoid to work for worst company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2018
the management was lack off. they always shorted staff and you have put 200% to work but you will not get credit if you work overtime you need get approval before or you will work for those hour free....don’t apply you will thanks me later
Pros
no flight benefits
Cons
hours will cut because they will not get there bonus by ens of year
Great company, worked hard and ontime.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 11, 2018
Great company to work for, even though it was seasonal. Having so much experience in ground operations, was able to help out with training and over seeing new hires, and help training them. Also was able to do all tasks that were required in ground operations.
Pros
Great training and work atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal work only
Good atmosphere
Wheelchair Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 3, 2018
Decent tips and hours. Not enough people working. Good atmosphere. Not very organized. Reasonable about time off. Decent people you work with. A lot of down time if you work at night.
Pros
Decent tips and hours.
Cons
Not enough people working. Not very organized.
Terrible work place
Ramp Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Manager was terrible. Hours always being cut. Just a bad job in general. Training was useless. The only good thing was coworkers but some try to act superior.
Entry level airline opportunity
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 16, 2018
MSP station has improved over the last year but still disorganized.
High employee turnover rate has slowed but long-term employees don't see raises to match industry norms or much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
A lot of paid downtime.
Cons
travel benefits are exaggerated
So much training for very little pay.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Management here is unfair and favors their favorites. Team leads are also biased and unwilling to train the new guys. You have no opinion here when your first starting out. Don’t apply. You’ll thank me later.
Pros
Some down time
Cons
Everything ( Mgmt., co-workers, schedule). The list goes on and on.
Avoid at all costs
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 4, 2018
at times a hostile work environment; current management in complete disarray, running around with heads chopped off; contract with Delta, station manager goes overboard and hot-headed at times. Avoid GAT; goto Swissport or Worldwide.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful management, lost at times, hostile work environment
a fun place to work
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 1, 2018
a fun place to work down to earth management I cant say the same for some of the workers there especially the weekend morning crew but it is a good company to work for
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
dont provide rain gear
Contract Job
Cabin Cleaner Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 30, 2018
Believe nothing until it is in black and white. And that don,t mean much.
How ever it is a good opportunity for a college student. Just no stability what so ever.
Pros
Cons
B.S Artist management team / very cut throat
Cool ramp crew
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2018
Fast paced environment. Time based. Management is ok. Workplace culture is cool everybody gets along well. Hardest part of job is dealing with day to day changes.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
Hours get cut so coperate can get there bonus
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 13, 2018
It’s a great place to work yhu have to be swift wit thing because we have to get the planes in and out as quick as possible it’s hot I know that for sure
was ok
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 4, 2018
Management was seen everyday. Shift supervisors were trusted to run the shift and there was some interaction with management. Management was willing to help out where and when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAT Airline Ground Support. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8