Gate City Bank Employee Reviews

Has gone down hill
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJune 12, 2018
Gate City has changed a lot over the last 5 years. Unfortunately there changes have made for a lot of people to seek employment elsewhere. The team in the office I worked was amazing the corporate office management team unfortunately was not.
Excellent
Senior Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDApril 10, 2018
Excellent experience! I would go back to Gate City Bank in a heartbeat if there were any vacancies in the mortgage department. Turnover is very low at Gate City Bank.
I've worked in a better environment
Personal Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 22, 2018
My position at Gate City Bank was very fast paced and stressful. We did not have enough help. The company was very good to me, but my supervisor and coworkers were not.
March 26, 2018

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback! We are always striving to deliver a WOW experience for our employees. We appreciate the feedback on your concerns and we’d love to hear more from you! Feel free to contact us directly at Human_Resources@gatecity.bank.

I don't recommend working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with, but the time and the stress of the job is not worth the lack of money paid. Management was not great and there was not really room for advancement.
October 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the people you worked with! We are always striving to deliver a WOW experience for our employees which includes providing an environment where associates feel they are valued, treated fairly, and have opportunities for growth. We appreciate the feedback on your concerns and we’d love to hear more from you! Feel free to contact us directly at Human_Resources@gatecitybank.com.

Good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 25, 2017
Awesome benefits including dental, health, vision and comptative 401k that is matched dollar per dollar up to 6 percent. You also get paid time off each month
Benefits
Cons
Hard to grow as an employee
October 10, 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you felt our health benefits, 401K, and paid time off were great! We are always striving to deliver a WOW experience for our employees which includes offering amazing benefits and flexible scheduling. We appreciate the feedback on opportunities for improvement. We’d love to hear more from you! Feel free to contact us directly at Human_Resources@gatecitybank.com.

Needs improvement.
Bismarck (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 28, 2017
Good bank, however, management isn't great most times. Biased and unfair at times to its employees. They are not very flexible either. Good cookies though.
Pros
Peppy workplace, pay
Cons
Short lunches, not flexible, unreliable
August 2, 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback! We are delighted to hear that you felt our pay and workplace were great! We are always striving to deliver a WOW experience for our employees which includes offering amazing benefits and flexible scheduling. We appreciate the feedback on opportunities for improvement and would love to hear more from you. Feel free to contact us directly at Human_Resources@gatecitybank.com.

Fun and social atmosphere, great opportunities for advancement, flexible scheduling and job placement
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 18, 2017
A lot of inspirational and fun people to work alongside of. Very flexible hours and job locations, competitive pay, and a great place to build long lasting relationships with both co-workers and customers.

Great workplace to advance customer service and teamwork skills. Many opportunities to challenge yourself and branch out into different areas of banking.
Relocated
Senior Personal Lending Processor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 24, 2017
I relocated to Detroit Lakes after college therefore that was the reason for leaving the Gate City Bank in Fargo. Would love to work for them again if i had the opportunity.
Great job culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDFebruary 27, 2017
The workplace culture is energetic, supportive, goal-oriented, open-minded, positive, and fast-paced. I would recommend working for Gate City Bank to anyone!
Pros
Everyone cares about eachother, ranging from the executives to the part-time employees. There are goals that the bank as a whole has, and every one enjoys doing there best for the customers the bank serves.
Working at Gate City
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDFebruary 19, 2017
I worked at Gate City for a shot time before I was hired at Kelly services to be a temp employee at Noridian. The manager I worked with was great and so were the employees. If I had to leave early it wasn't an issue. Just hard to get out of the office everyday at 6 without overtime happening.
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 27, 2016
Very fun work place, co-workers are extremely close. Management is great, gets along with everyone. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with people daily
Too much training
Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 24, 2016
Many options to advance, but lots and I mean lots of training. Fairly flexible with time off, management likes to babysit entry level workers though.
Productive and great place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Devils Lake, NDFebruary 21, 2016
I loved working for Gate City Bank. The management was great and my former co-workers were fantastic. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
Free Food, Positive Work Environment
Productive, comfortable yet professional place to work with friendly co-workers.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 13, 2015
Came to work everyday in a professional environment. This taught me to work closely with other employees and to be as efficient as possible. Anticipation is key, making sure no customers are being ignored or forgotten about. The management team could have done a better job with training in new employees, but the friendly environment made it easy to ask questions and learn. The hardest part of the job was satisfying every single customer who came in or called with financial issues. I enjoyed working in a fast pace environment which made my customer service skills superb.
Pros
fun people to be around
Cons
short staffed
Beautiful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJune 13, 2015
This is one of the most beautiful banks I've ever worked at. All the staff are wonderful. They will train you with the utmost kindness and respect, however you may want to have a little banking experience.
The management really cares about their employees. A happy place to work.
Daily duties include assisting customers with deposits, withdrawals, referrals to lending staff, opening new accounts for clients, work the drive through, and sharing coffee and cookies with them.
This is a place you will absolutely love.
Pros
Beautiful surroundings
Cons
Productive, great place to work
ATM/Check card Processor (Former Employee) –  Fargo North DakotaNovember 7, 2014
Communicated and coordinated with customers and bank employees on daily issues regarding accounts, checks, and ATM/Check cards.
fast pace and productive workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 26, 2014
A typical day at work was first working on any night drop or mail from the customers. Throughout the day I would be working directly with the customers making deposits and withdrawals to their accounts, and also applying payments towards their mortgage and car loans. Some more duties I did for the customers was send and receive wires, make official checks, money orders and cash advances. The management was very helpful and approachable with any concerns or questions you had. Co-workers were also very helpful, this was a team working environment. The hardest part of the job was working with some irate customers but in those slim cases you just had to still be as kind and helpful as possible and if that did not help your management was always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning your customers, having regular customers, and always putting the customers needs first. Customer Service was a big part in working with Gate City Bank.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
no overtime
Loan Specialist is a nightmare!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayville, NDSeptember 7, 2014
I would not suggest this location until the loan officer has retired or moved on. She is terrible to work with.
Pros
Community Exposure in a small town
Cons
Leadership is terrible
Great Place to Work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 4, 2013
I really liked working at Gate City Bank. My co-workers were great and the management was very good.
Good benefits
Customer Service Representative and Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 16, 2012
Best part of the job was the customer interaction on a day to day basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gate City Bank. Our community is ready to answer.