GateGourmet
62Average

GateGourmet Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA70 reviews
Working in an area that you have to be fast and make sure that you are ahead of the given time and by the time that you are doing your job and the responsibilities that you have, you have to work in a team work, in group work you can work and reach to your goals fast.
Good i like and happy with gate Gourmet I recommend for job in this company it is really nice location and there is no inconvenience here Good parking facilities
Good
Good
It wasn't the right place to work and grow and build a future. Working in this place just you can west your day and time and it has no job guarantee and has future
my job as a porter at Gate Gourmet was a great job and learning experience, my daily task such as mopping and sweeping and buffing gave me a better sense of detail .
Good work life balance. Benefits exist. Opportunity for growth. Management style is strict. Interesting experience working at the airport. Learned a lot, thanks for you time.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The employee emphasizes that they promote from within but it rarely happens. Don't waste your time applying to this company.
They treat their employees horribly. The price of benefits is through the roof
I worked in the storeroom and I can’t complain the job was laid back and easy. The company paid for lunch and the food wasn’t bad depending who cooks. I lost the job because of the many different nationality’s which never got along. Everyone would fight and argue because no one respected there fellow coworkers so that was life.
Pros
Easy work load
Cons
Stupid management
This company is very diverse and most are very friendly. Growth is a bit difficult because the positions are limited. But, overall, a nice place to work.
Great place to start if you have nothing and are willing to work hard but management is questionable!!!! There may be some language and cultural issue with some but the work force is good.
Pros
A lot of overtime if you have seniority
Cons
You have to work a lot of overtime to make a good living
A stable work environment with friendly team members
Learn to utilize skills as well as learn business from a great company

Friendly management

Office perks include popcorn Fridays!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GateGourmet?
If you are not prepared to work. Do not apply. Very busy and cold because of the freezers.
If you do you work there is a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Can be fun
Cons
Cold
This was a bad decision I thought I was going to be working for a great company but it turns out you're just a Slave put me where I didn't want to put you know babe there's a bad experience all in one
I enjoyed my fellow workers but supervisors and management was often lacking and didnt seem to care due to miscommunication from higher ups I vacated the job
Pros
dinner
I wouldn't recommend working here. Unless you like to work at a super rapid pace, with no time for restroom breaks, not allowed to eat or drink anything while working. I was told by another co-worker, since I'm a new employee, I'm considered the low man on the totem pole. Meaning I don't get the help or support needed for the job. I ask managers and supervisors for help, but it falls on deaf ears or the support employees don't bother. Avoid this company at all costs, there are other jobs out there. After my 8 hours are done, I'm running to the time clock so I can leave asap. This is probably the worst job I have had in my life.
The job is a joke. Your work like a robot in the same place. You work work work into a little lunch break pops up. Then your back to it. The managers are a joke. Most of the floors are ran by women. Women with power is the worst thing you can do. If you offend there feelings you will get removed. Most of them didn’t even speak English.
Pros
Cons
Women in charge, the pay, what is expected from you.
Company has a bad record when it comes to salary and work life balance. Avoiding working here if possible if this is not your first job out of school.
If you like a place to gain knowledge this is the perfect place. They are flexible but they do not pay well and Benefits are not all that either. Co workers are great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Expensive Health benefits and low salaries
in this company I learned a lot of things, learned how to do the inventory how to deliver the goods how to load and unload
the most enjoyable part of the job is beheaving our boss is in rash

hours and the hardest part of our job is when we pull out the staff from track and freezers
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
more break and nice cafeteria
I was released after correcting various errors in billing worth millions. No notice from one day to the next. Stole my binder where I kept my notes for training purposes.
wont learn too much, good for job security. it isn't very stressful and management is ok but the problem is you will be doing the same thing day in and day out and wont learn much after a certain point which is like a year
I enjoyed working at Gate Gourmet. My supervisors were encouraging me all the time. The hardest part of the job was a struggle to communicate with some of the workers under my supervision who did not speak any English. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from different cultures.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Environment sometimes was too hot.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GateGourmet. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight