Gatepath Employee Reviews

Okay at first then the issues came up
Community Instructor (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 29, 2019
The management is horrible, you are expected to do so much stuff that you are not really trained to deal with. The supervisors have a very 'don't care attitude' and are not receptive to talking about an employees issues. I can see why they are always hiring now.
Structured Setting
Children's Therapy Services Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAMarch 18, 2019
-supportive staff that was willing to collaborate
-set schedule to perform duties
-limited advancement, heavily dependent on the 'right' degree
-limited management, not beneficial if you need training
Best Job I Ever Had
Children's Services Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CASeptember 15, 2018
Gatepath's mission is to Accept, Respect and Include all. They provide resources for those with developmental disabilities of all ages .I loved working at the front desk of the preschool/early intervention campus. It was a fast-paced job that involved lots of multi-tasking and strong interaction with the families involved in the programs.
Pros
Occupational/personal growth, supportive employer, team oriented coworkers
Cons
Pay is low (it' a non-profit)
Awesome Company
Adult Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJuly 2, 2018
I truly loved working at Gatepath. There were many challenges with managing participants, but the staff is so great and supportive and that is was what made my experience so enjoyable. I've learned so much about people by working here and developed skills that I believe are necessary in my future aspirations in Occupational Therapy.
Pros
Lots of snacks!
COMMUNITY INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 24, 2018
Fun and exciting. Had a learning experience that will aid me for many years down the road. The agency allowed creativity in many different manners. Good experience.
Pros
freedom
Cons
short breaks
Lack of Management
Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 26, 2018
A typical work day for Gatepath was stressful. The management does not provide support for staff. Groups and sites can be struggling, and behaviors and incidents can happen but there will be no support from the higher ups. The executive team and HR needs to listen to complaints from staff. The best things about the work are the participants. They make it all worth it. Direct care is usually care givers or workers that work in group or residential homes. Instructor are referred as direct care but we do so much more. I don't think the pay is good enough when we have to create a program based of our participants ISPs to promote independence in their life. Direct care in group or residential homes do not do that. Give more credit to your staff that work directly with the participants. We are more than Direct Care.
Pros
PTO and Participants
Cons
Ceo, Executive team, Director for Adult Services
Mission Moment!
Jr. Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 24, 2018
I loved being a part of Gatepath. The company allowed me to believe in a place that Accepts, Respects, and Includes. I, personally worked at Gatepath's Preschool. The ratios were low and the supervisor's door was always open. At Gatepath, they have what you call a mission moment, an experience that really speaks to your heart and about their mission. Well, my whole experience with Gatepath was my mission moment.
Good Job giving back- great people
Community Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 12, 2018
Large non profit, that is great to work for. The participants are much fun to spend the day with. There can be rough days but mostly its great to teach the life skills they need to get a job and have a good social life.

Coworkers are great and help each other out when needed. You have to be flexible though as things change a lot.
Pros
coworkers, participants, fun job, good managers and bosses
Cons
paper work, hard work
Adult Services
Adult Services (Current Employee) –  SF PeninsulaFebruary 7, 2018
- High turnover
- Too many clients and not enough employees
- Low pay (Not Competitive)
- Very stressful
- Unhappy staff
- Rare to get pay increase
- Rare that staff needs are met
- Worst job ever had
- Better similar jobs in the area
- Can't wait to find employment elsewhere, everyone I know are searching for new jobs. Will leave soon hopefully by Spring.
- Do not recommend any position to anyone looking at Gatepath
Cons
Pay, Work Happiness, Director
Ok place
Aide in Early Intervention Groups (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I think it's a good place to work. The environment is relaxed and the other aides are friendly and nice. I enjoy working with the children as well because they are sweet.
Great short term job. Terrible long term.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Burlingame/Daly CityDecember 10, 2017
I worked at Gatepath for almost 3 years. I started out as a CA instructor and got promoted to lead later on. There were a lot of things at Gatepath that rubbed me the wrong way but I stayed because I enjoyed my job.

I was told that i couldn't get a higher raise because there wasn't enough in the budget. That's funny because all the leads clock out at 4:30 but ALL of them go home at 3 or earlier. There isn't enough in the budget to give out fair raises but it's ok if Gatepath pays its leads for work that they're not doing?

I've seen coworkers get denied promotions because they were given to new hires with less/no experience. All because it's easier to find new employees for higher paid positions compared to entry level positions.

Gatepath is also a place where individual effort goes unnoticed. Leads get all the credit for keeping sites running smoothly despite the fact that 95% of their workload is the same as instuctors.

The turnover rate is so high that CA is always understaffed and over capacity.

It isn't all bad. Health insurance was good. Some coworkers actually go above and beyond but unfortunately their effort goes unnoticed. Time flies by fast and you get pretty attached to your groups.
Pros
Health Insurance, Mission
Cons
Poor Raises, Promotions don't go to the most deserving.
The Participants made the work worth it
Lead Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAOctober 23, 2017
I learned a lot about different types of people, different cultures and how to not judge a book by its cover. The participants at Gatepath taught me something new every single day.
Pros
The participants
Cons
The compensation
Wonderful
Intern, Human Resources Department (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 7, 2017
Truly a wonderful non-profit organization to work for as an employee, volunteer, or an intern. Diligent and kind workers in a friendly atmosphere who are really committed by heart to help those with special needs. Human Kindness indeed.
Workplace Culture
Community Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 28, 2017
Co-workers are cool, managers are caring and listen to your input. Participants behave well and you get to enjoy your community while working with them.
Pros
Great benefits and free gear
Meaningful and Fullfilling Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 12, 2017
I feel like the work I am doing is truly making a difference in the lives of people in the community who need support. It's a huge motivating factor in going above and beyond when needed to support the work of the organization as a whole. The human resources team puts a lot of effort into creating a transparent, supportive and fun office culture. The benefits and pay scale are greater than what other nonprofits offer to be competitive, and there is a very low turnover rate in staff, with some staff working there over 20 years. As in all nonprofits, there is a lot of multitasking and wearing of many hats. Everyone pulls together as a team across departments to get major projects accomplished. Overall, a very rewarding experience working with people who are passionate about the mission.
Pros
Flex work schedule, great team, benefits, staff bonding exercises
Cons
Stagnant and decreased gov't funding, increased pressure to be innovative with fundraising, and how services are delivered
Current Employee- great mission, open to being heard
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 25, 2017
I am a current employee for this company, working as a preschool teacher. This company is growing and improving. There is lots of room for growth. Be vocal and create the change you want to see. Management is willing to listen and work with you!
Pros
professional development, room for growth
Cons
senior employees act priveledged
Fun workplace with a great and fulfilling mission!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I have been working at Gatepath for almost a year and it is some of the most fulfilling work I've ever done. I find the E-team very approachable and willing to listen to ideas - no matter how junior or new you are.

My co-workers are amazing! Their passion is infectious and they are just fun and caring people. This is a place you make friends at.

The best part, of course, has to be the people we serve. I can admit that coming in, I was very unaware to the population's needs and I had to confront some of my own ignorance. It is one of the best motivators in life to know that you are making a difference in your community.

Working at a nonprofit does mean there are some limitations to your salary but Gatepath really does try to make up for it with the great health benefits and other perks.

You can tell that the new CEO really is trying to invest in the employees and the programs and has made some very positive changes since I've been there.
Great Mission, Not Well Carried Out
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAApril 8, 2016
Love the mission of this organization and the participants but it is not well carried out. Direct care staff are not respected or given what they need to succeed nor is anyone else that is not management. Attitudes of managers at corporate office are very degrading. Pay is low, Holidays are few and far between, very unorganized. For a company that has been around for this many years, it should be running better.
I would not send my family member to most of these locations as most look run down and depressing.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Low pay, poor management, poor morale, no room for growth
fun
Jr Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 17, 2016
worked 7-4 opened class room
fun supportive,
team work supportive
location, trainings, staff and parents Saying good bye
Work OVERLOAD with no appreciation
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 14, 2015
You will work day and night and still not have time to complete everything. Even if you do go above and beyond, you will not be appreciated or compensated. See how many openings there are!?! This is not some huge organization that is growing; There's a lot of continuous turnover and people getting fired for not being able to handle the unachievable workload.
Pros
Participants
Cons
CEO and Leadership team have no idea what they are doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gatepath. Our community is ready to answer.