Gates Corporation
55Below average

Gates Corporation Employee Reviews

United States411 reviews
Great people to work with when I was there. Corporate was hard to work with, and seemed to drive off great plant managers, but good people at the plant level.
The management is ruining the company. Employees are lost. Poor financial performance. Management are rude and disrespectful. They are not even familiar with the industry.
Pros
Can't think of anything.
Cons
Don't know where to start.
No work-life balance. Unreasonable expectations for meeting deadlines and workload. No management support. Resistance to any suggestion of change. Good Old Boy workforce culture. Every man for himself managerial culture. Was not a good fit for me!
Upper management is terrible. Mostly old, white males from Eaton
Corporation. They ONLY care about financial results, which are pretty terrible! Save yourself the heartache.
I worked as a Macjime operator for Columbia Mo. Plant tbe company has good benifits , pay is decent and advance in jobs are possible. Compamy matching vesred afyer three years.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Gates is slow to roll out modern work place culture and benefits. Training is often rejected and career development overlooked. However, they employ very bright minds and individuals. The innovation and research going on in this company is world class.
Companies need to communicate more give you a idea of what they're looking for in an employee I'm responding back in the timely manner. Overall this has been a very helpful online site do you search for jobs
It was a very friendly place to work. As long as you have good attendance and stay busy there was no problems. You can bid on other jobs in the factory.
Everyone thinks they can do whatever they want. Gets stressful and they took away our privileges to leave or smoke on our (1) 15 min and (1) 10 min break
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Point system
Was hired in production and became a trainee, I was not happy. How can you expect being trained when the trainers do nothing but belittle you and cuss at you on a constant basis? Not only that but its drama everywhere because they try and chase after women who work there and they should writing harassment reports but since the supervisors are close with the employees messaging each other on facebook it will go nowhere. I was unhappy and I hated that I couldnt report it to nobody. Hope OSHA destprys this place.
They have good pay benefits are great but they judge the book by its cover . So i just dont like working there ... ...... ..........looking for new job
It’s who you know and who you b.... to be able to get any where. There are favorites that get by with anything. Corporate needs to take charge to bring the plant back up to what it was
The people are great as well as the supervisors. The work was fast paced most of the time. They strive on making great quality product. They supervisors were very helpful and knowledgeable
The good people at Gates Rubber Company are the fairest group of men of women I have ever worked with. You will NEVER get in trouble for doing what you are told.
Overall I have had very good experience with Gates Corporation and the people that work here. It is a family friendly job environment that I feel anyone could be happy to be apart of.
I have worked here for many years, and Gates used to be a good place to work, but has in recent years fallen off its hinges with absolutely no communication from upper management what so ever, plant manager, plant controller and HR etc. Supervisors are the only form of leadership this place has, with the exception of a few coworkers in the lines.
The only; and i mean the only incentive to working here is the hourly wage($18+ per hour) and the overtime that is offered throughout the week.

But i honestly would not recommend working here. There is no appreciation for the employees that work hard and work safely, unless it is coming from the supervisor.

No Bonuses.

No "Thank Yous" from management.

A number driven place that just cares about the total at the end of the week.

This place needs to drain the swamp and find some new management that appreciates hard working employees and rewards them with a thank you every once in a while.
I’ve enjoyed working at Gates !
The people are fun to work with!

I’m ready to move on to bigger & better things.

It’s been a learning experience & will take the tools I’ve learnt with me !
Not a company for long term employment, very click ish and standoffish.. My area the lead would use cleaning as a punishment and I had been doing cleaning for the last 5 months, and I had met their knowledge standards.. People on their phones ...
Management is about themselves they are yes men if you give you opinion they don't care if you give them a reason for doing something a different way and still getting the out come they want they don't care they ruined a good company they are out sourcing union work they say they are safety driven but that's a lie they only care about safety when it on their terms and good for them
Pros
Good employs to work with
Cons
Worthless management
bueno trabajar en Gates es excelente ya que tu trabajo fluye al hacer tus actividades con responsabilidad y toma de decisiones , aprendes nuevos conocimientos .
Gates used to be a good place to work but since Blackstone investment group took over it has become an absolute horrible place to work.
Total lack of respect for employees, pretty much all little perks such as Christmas turkey or ham , appreciation dinners, area meetings and such have been taken away.

Also no seniority or fairness to job advancement . Gates doesn't seem to care about employees having time for thier families and much other employer selfishness . There seems to be alot of corruption in the past although that seems to have gotten better or at least less visible?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gates Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight