Gateway Community and Technical College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Benefits
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJune 20, 2018
I learned a lot of thing at Gateway which have been beneficial in many ways. I enjoy my time at Gateway but now I feel as if it's time to move on and look for a career to call my own.
The people I worked for made it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Instructor l (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 18, 2018
The people I worked with were great. The people in charge not so much. I really liked working with the clients we served. It was the politics I did not like. The work I did gave me a great satisfaction in that I was helping people reach one of their life long goals. I would have done it forever if it was possible
Pros
The people I worked and the clients I served.
Cons
The politics involved.
Information Commons Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYJune 13, 2018
Productive and positive workplace. Diverse environment and beneficial opportunities. great opportunities for advancement and amazing teamwork with departments and staff.
Okay
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYMay 21, 2018
It is challenging to work here as it is a community college. The population you serve has many non-academic barriers. It is in a great location. I wish everyone the best!
Pros
location
Cons
management
Poor management
M n O (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYMay 9, 2018
Very unhappy, never got a raise , said it was not in there budget. Making me do other people’s work while they would sit around , go outside, smoke or even sleep in there cars.
No a good place to work
FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Northern KentuckyApril 6, 2018
I have worked here for years. It used to be a good place to work but not anymore. Very poor management. Very little opportunity for advancement. Really, it's sad because a lot of people who work here are excited about helping the students.
Cons
Supervisors are very discouraging and there is very little opportunity for advancement
Great place with even greater opportunities!
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYApril 3, 2018
There is no typical day at Gateway. For this job, you may be asked to jump in and help with a Career Fair we have that day or you may have a student that walks in and is in desperate need of childcare. That's also what makes this job so enjoyable. I know my work is going towards the greater good. The hardest part of this job is when a student is applying for government benefits and they are ineligible. It makes it tough, but I still do all I can to help that student in anyway shape or form. I love this workplace because if I have some down I can study for an upcoming test or run to the next building to ask one of my professors a question. I am definitely Gateway proud!
Pros
Working in the same place you are doing your schooling
Cons
When students are ineligbile for benefits and you have to be the one to tell them
Great people and relaxed, collaborative atmosphere
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYMarch 20, 2018
Great benefits, good people. Fun, educational environment with faculty and staff that really care about the students. Several holidays and earned vacation and sick leave are just some of the benefits.
Pros
2 paid weeks off at Christmas
Gateway college
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYSeptember 11, 2017
Great place to work! Employees are easy to get along with. The environment was great as well. It was one of my favorite job in fact. Hours fit my life.
Good place to work.
Coordinator, Construction Trades Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed the project I worked on while I was there. Unfortunately it was grant funded and ended once the project was up and running and no longer needed a start-up coordinator. The culture was positive and I respected management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
A long commute for me.
Best place to work
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 7, 2017
Such a great work environment. Flexible schedule, great coworkers, amazing benefits and I could go on! It isn't a struggle to wake up and go to work in the morning. I actually enjoy my job!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Far drive from home
Its an ok place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJune 26, 2017
The workload has increased little by little every year I have been here and pay does not reflect. Benefits are pretty good and it can be flexible. I love working with students and some of the other staff/faculty are amazing.
Gateway Community and Techincal College
Health Proffesion Oppurtunity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYJune 5, 2017
This company helped me through a lot but also wasn't the best. I loved how busy it was all the time and that I got to meet new people everyday, but I would never work here again.
Pros
The students
Cons
Staff and academics
Gateway is great to work with while learning
Student Worker/Advising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KY 41017May 22, 2017
I had a great experience here as I was a student/student worker in the advising center. They always worked with me around my class schedule as well as for childcare.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Job ends when you get your degree
New director is not a leader
Full time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYApril 8, 2017
I worked under and amazing and caring director who left to pursue a new career. The replacement is not a good leader and does not dress in a professional manner. This new director is condescending and causing students to leave.
Awesome place to work
Student workder (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 3, 2017
Loved working here as a student worker. All the employees understand and train you in what they can in a fun friendly way. You can ask any questions at any time.
Pros
Getting together.
Cons
Student draa
Young institution with lots of potential
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 30, 2016
Great institution with many wonderful, talented faculty and staff. Tremendous benefits and decent pay. The best part of working at Gateway is knowing that you play a role in changing people's lives.
Educational enterprise with constant innovation
Assistant Professor of Developmental Reading (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 10, 2016
Gateway offers student-centered environment with maximum flexibility for student convenience. Faculty is challenged to both innovate and offer courses with technology integration. School is under new president as of June, 2016, which will result in change of vision and priorities.
Pros
Academic freedom and flexible schedule
Cons
Management problems
very people oriented
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 5, 2016
When at work, the director gives you weekly tasks that you have to complete. You are taught to do and complete all tasks given. The director is great and has a lot of patience. The co-workers are friendly and when you need help they are willing to help you. The hard really is not hard, it just keeps you busy but the best part is being around people that have the same love for the job.
good school
ready to work / Kentucky works program (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJanuary 19, 2016
lots of diffenert stuff to studyCommunication. ...
Multitasking. ...