Gateway Foundation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very productive and fun place to work at.
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 17, 2018
My typical work day at Gateway was easy going and very challenging. I learned a lot from different people that worked in different departments. The management team is awesome and very helpful.The hardest part of the job was sweating in the summer and freezing in the winter. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning all clients as they entered the program, working Monday-Friday, off on all holidays and working the morning shift.
The best place I have worked
Counselor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TXOctober 17, 2018
Supervisors were awesome, except the lady who ran the henley unit
They appreciate their employees as best as they can
They are open to change
Pay could increase but benefits were ok.
Pros
Supervisors
Cons
Pay
Fast paced enviroment
Counselor 1 (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, DEOctober 17, 2018
Fast paced environment, many opportunities and management that will work with you! Friendly staff, great co-workers but interview process a little slow. Make sure to follow up with foundation if really interested in the job.
Great Mission
Controller (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2018
Over the years (24 years for me) Gateway has offered me a place to grow and expand my accounting and managerial skills. It has become a fast paced, ever changing environment.
Pros
Mission is excelent
Cons
Very stressful environment
Productive workplace
Program Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TXAugust 13, 2018
To listen, communicate and work with others and never to disobey Health and Safety Rules and Regulations Therefore, I have concluded that my work experience was more than I could have hoped for, in which I have learnt from the company and made an impression to my colleagues,
productive and fun work environment
Counselor 1 (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2018
At the time of my employment, Gateway was a fun and relaxing place to work. Staff got along with each other and worked well together. My supervisor was awesome. He understood that staff were the catalyst for the program. However, the director at the time was a micromanager. I could tell this was his first go round in that position in this field. He always seemed a bit over his head. I only left because I didn't agree with the direction of the program. Had the program not changed, I would have stayed much longer. My co-workers were awesome as well as were the kids we served.
Pros
supervisor, co-workers, youth we served
Cons
upper management
Fast paced got meet a lot of different people from all walks of life
Administrative Assistance - Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
enter client information and all billing into the system for 3 sites run program to show errors to make the corrections before submitting the billing information for payment. Liaison between sites and MIS department able to learn more about computers was also able to go to work shops for MS office to learn more. Very enjoyable to see clients get their lives together and grow.
Pros
Free lunch able to attend workshops
Cons
Travel between sites to enter all client and billing information per site
Great place to get your intern hours, and move up in your career.
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Burnet, TX 78611August 7, 2018
Great place to work, lots of LCDC's to work under, and very comfortable environment. Great management, outdated group material, but we could bring up to date material in.
did no like it there
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 30, 2018
poor management led to poor envirronment for the employees I have no more reviews to give can I just move on worked for the company while working there constantly looking for another position
Great coworkers, iffy management
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJuly 29, 2018
This is a fast paced position in a prison, so we had to follow two sets of policies; Gateways and DOC. My coworkers were fun but some of the managers were subpar. One was overbearing and difficult to work for and one would never follow up on any concerns, especially when it came to complaints about the supervisor. The work was fulfilling as long as you kept up. We were never staffed completely so we picked up a lot of slack.
Pros
Coworkers, vacation time
Cons
Pay, supervisor
Fantastic Bosses
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
I am having a great experience at Gateway Foundation. I have learned and grown my skills. I have a good relationship with the manager and director. They both are interested in mentoring and assisting their employees in improving their skills and developing new skills.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Opportunities and Benefits are great
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2018
Gateway Foundation is mission driven. New executive management team is working through growing pains but committed to the mission, vision and values.
Just Don't
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Low pay, never give you raises when they say they will, they find ways to deny raises, even at yearly reviews. Always say that they do not have money to give raises, JUST ASK HOW MUCH THE DIRECTORS MAKE! 3 figures. They DO make enough money to give raises to the people actually doing the hard work. They only promote those who are either bad at their job or unqualified. Had a CLINICAL supervisor that was not clinically licensed- giving supervision to those with clinical licenses. Also those who were clinically licensed were denied interviews for the supervisor position. They are never properly staffed, always under staffed even though it is unsafe and clients have paid a high price for this constant irresponsible oversight. It is an abusive environment and the clinical director is so educated that they told staff that DID is not an actual diagnosis. I think that speaks for itself.
Pros
the clients are THE BEST, they deserve so much more than this.
Cons
high co-pay for insurance PLUS coinsurence
No adequate supervision and too much politics
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILJune 17, 2018
Staff not qualified were allowed to counselor and conduct individual and family counseling sessions without the assigned clinician's knowledge or approval. Too much buddy -buddy politics played.
Great Work
Counseling Intern (Current Employee) –  Swansea, ILJune 14, 2018
Work environment is fast paced and challenging. Staff is friendly and collaborative, clients are mandated which can be challenging. Great management, good experience.
Great work place not so great supervisors
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  3401 Faron st St. Joseph moJune 6, 2018
The work place was awesome, I loved working with the clients. However the supervisor could have been more encouraging rather than just telling you every little thing you have or will do wrong. Encouragement goes a long ways!
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Negitivity among co workers
Very interesting environment.
Reciever/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wrightstown, NJJune 4, 2018
Very fundamental environment to work at, with numerous tasks and jobs to learn and train on. Supervisors are open to other workers and is very easy to communicate.
Pros
Free lunch with expanded menu
Cons
Not many employees so multiple tasks has to be done with same hands.
Poor work environment
Counselor I (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 1, 2018
Poor management, does not care about employees, constant bickering, management being degrading, no advancement opportunities, gossiping constantly , favoriting poor working employee s
Pros
Cons
Management, expectations, pay, benefits, company
fast paced and stressful
Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Burnet, TXMay 29, 2018
Pay was regulated by contract and employees were worth far more than they were paid.
Real good feeling when clients realized they needed the program and you felt like they had a real chance to stay clean and sober.
Pros
Free lunches, helping people who really needed help
Cons
Working in corrections requires adjustment to their regulations.
Job Coach ) Helping them meet there goal
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 20, 2018
Being a job coach was different at first, Until i got the hang of it, I love it. to see finish what they started and to see that they earn a paycheck that made their goal. everyday i learn a lot from them also, we enjoyed each other.