Gateway Group One Employee Reviews

Ok, until they lost accounts.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 5, 2019
Anyone interested should give it a try. And they will find out on their own. Like I said, I'm not writing a book, I'm just telling you about my experience, someone else probably see things differently then me.
Pros
Cons
Job not secured
If you love to help others This is your career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 30, 2019
The supervisors think they own the airport They can take an employee out the post for having company at the office But if we have an emergency We have to wait for a relief to cover the post to take care, to go to the bathroom We can not drink water on post.
The supervisors have different rules for different skin color.
Pros
thanks God for a Job
Cons
They can disrespect with laud voice You cant talk back
Nope
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 1, 2019
.............................................was a good company to work for until they got in a terrible manager. Tried warning them along with several other managers but they didn’t care until it was too late.
Loved my job just not for long term
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2019
The job was pretty relaxed when it was slow but when it was busy it could get really stressful. All in all though it was a pretty nice place to work and I liked my co-workers for the most part. Some managers were cooler than others. However they didn't offer benefits or raises. Good place to work if you need a job for the time being but not good if you plan on staying there for longer than a year.
Pros
Can be pretty chill
Cons
No raises or benefits
Worse job ive ever had
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stewart AirportJanuary 8, 2019
The management at this location was terrible and management was not helpful in solving conflicts. favoritism and starts drama. management likes the attention of the males that work
Pros
get to meet passengers
Cons
terrible management
Overall the best company I’ve worked for!
Wheelchair Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2018
I’ve learned alot from this company, taught me how to make the best out of my time and learned the difference between each disabilities. It also helped me gain relationships with my passengers.
Cons
Short breaks
Don't do it to yourself, unless you're ok with getting underpaid and feel like you're nothing.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 23, 2018
No control and no respect, especially by the clients. Work only is you're desperate for a few bucks. Not worth wasting your time. You'll see what I mean. Don't get me wrong there are some good people to meet but the higher ups are just not in touch with humanity, its as if they need to be medicated.
Pros
You might meet some nice coworkers?
Cons
Too many
Management can do better
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 21, 2018
Management for this company is very unpleasant and unprofessional. Paychecks weren't correct, wasnt notified of benefits, if you have to call out for anything they hassle you and try to force you to come in, responce to any issues are delt with slowly if at all. They also play favoritism very well. If your a brown noser then this is the place for you even though you still wont advance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Dont know if your going home after your shift, management, constant mistakes via management
Good Place to work
Human Resources Admin (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 15, 2018
Overall it is a great place to work. There is alot of flexibility within the company. If you need to come in late and take some time off there is no hassle and management does not bother you as they are aware that things may come up which is good.
Not what i thought it was going to be
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 13, 2018
For gateway to be the so called leaders in security they need a better site manager. Someone who can manage his sites and employees. There is alot of over and under scheduling and the promise of a permanent site is a falsehood. The only good thing about gateway was me being able to add it to my resume
Pros
Cons
Too much
The company is ok to work for...
S.O. R. T. Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 10, 2018
The company have ok benefits and management are good to work with... Had a great time working different events(mainly Seton Hall men basketball & Devils hockey games) at the Prudential Arena. Fellow officers was quite pleasant to work with.
Pros
Discounts depending on where you work site at
Cons
Short break
Quallified Individuals needed
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJOctober 6, 2018
Just stay on top of your paycheck. Oftentimes its short a few bucks. Also stay on top of them regarding your benefits as a full-time employee. The simple day-to-day HR and Payroll issues are a bit challenging. The company needs better professionals in the main office in Newark to better handle these matters. Depending on the site, Guards make more than the national average.
Pros
Rate of Pay
Cons
Poor HR and Payroll
productive work place.
Bike Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  604 Market St. Newark NJSeptember 26, 2018
ride around prudential sites making sure employees are okay. hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather. Management are good with commutating with employees. the most enjoyable part about the job is making sure everyone is safe.
Pros
being active
Cons
dealing with weather
Great starting out security company
Complex Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Gateway can be very accommodating with hours you'd prefer to work, they'd find a schedule or times that would best suit you, and if you prefer it, everyone is friendly.
My experience
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 13, 2018
It's been an challenging experience. At times the hardest part is just adapting to the time schedules and the unpredictability of a high energy environment.
Productive and Family Oriented work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 11, 2018
The company has a moderate pace environment
Based on my position, I learned how to be very organized and have a keen eye for detail due to the high volume of accounts issued.
The company is family oriented
All ways busy
Wheelchair Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2018
This was a good job in terms of work experience. I learned many things working here, many were good experience.however many were also bad. I will not speak of the bad situations but managers made it feel unbarabel sometimes. HR did nothing to help.
Pros
10% discount on stuff inside the terminal
Cons
Short breaks, no health care for months even though we were dudcted every month for it.
Heavy interaction with airport traveler's
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark Liberty International Airport, NJAugust 18, 2018
Typical day at work is dealing with hundreds of passengers a day
Learned a few languages
Management is good
workplace is good
Hardest part is when the airport monorail goes down
most enjoyable part is assisting passengers
Job is pretty cool
Back Fill Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
The job is pretty cool and easy .they pay good but no benefit. And the management need to be review. If you can stand more then 8 hours then this job is good for you. But remember they will put you out side also which was not required when you hired. No matter how bad the weather but they will keep you outside to predestination. Control traffic.
Working with this company helped me out to build the diversity environment and public customer service assitance
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
Diversity matters working with different people along the airport aviation facade and management operation accountability were experienced .Gateway Frontline Services were improved and experienced being one of the multitask job description as a Duty Manager .Customer services with our wheelchair passengers clients adopted with ADA, American Disability Act rules & policy are the priorities .Management skills appropriately handled with staffing operational needs.