Gateway Health Plan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Was fast paced
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15220June 26, 2018
I was the clerk for Provider Contracting for five years. I scanned contracts, applications, etc. into on base every day. I slso updated a excel spread sheet every day.
Pros
Was able to set hours
Cons
Lack of commincaton
learned
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2018
A great deal about medical field as required to help member with all aspects of their medical care. Referrals to specialist, medicattions, eligibility, etc.
be yourself
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2018
its alright place to work at as long you mind your business. I remember you there to work not be friends with everyone and come work because you want to be there .
IT/PMO (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2018
The Management is very weird and does not have sense of direction
Compensation is good and the work place culture is ok
They dont invest in retaining talent
Really have nothing to say
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2018
I really have very little to say. One manager hired me and two months later they fired me. They had two manager for 12 people when they should have never hired another manager.
Pros
management not friendly
Cons
management not friendly
Fast pace, detailed oriented department
Provider Contracting Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2018
An 8 hour day is full of consistent work, some issue can be more urgent than others and may require team work to accomplish or individual dedication.
Slow paced and ignored interns
IT Infrastructure Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 11, 2017
A large portion of my experience as an intern here was me sitting in a cubicle with another intern resolving incredibly mundane IT issues. We tried to seek out additional work and responsibilities, but the team simply did not have time for interns and us and our learning experience were left to the wayside.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
unfulfilling work projects
ok
Provider File Representative (Current Employee) –  PGH, PANovember 27, 2017
I think the pay could be better. Wish you could buy PTO.
I have gave suggestions and no feedback.
The HR dept is awesome when you e mail them and they answer quickly
Not the best
RETENTION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2017
I learned alot about Medicare and insurance terminology. I was a customer service rep but didn't get a chance to interact much with the customer do to my phone line not working.
good bebefits
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2017
high turn over-unlimited OT, under staffed, work weekend occasionally, supportive supervisor , poor management above. expectations are too high. Company is good but it is hard to transfer. I would love to stay within but not in my current position.
benefits
Cons
cant buy PTO
poor work environment
Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2017
i worked here for a year and half and the department i worked in was ran very poorly. My supervisor had no clue what she was doing. there was a lot of favoritism if you didnt not work at the previous company they came from you were treated terrible and not acknowledged
Pros
benefits, gym and location
Cons
management
Fast paced at time but overall a good place to work.
Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 4, 2017
Fast paced at time but overall a good place to work. The management keeps everyone on their P's and Q's but they care about their team.Very friendly environment to work in.
Can move about the company
Credentialing Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2017
Good place to work. There are opportunities to move around the company. A typical 40 hours/week with opportunities for OT. I do wish they allowed for the option to buy PTO
Pros
Ok pay, opportunity for OT, benefits
Cons
No cons
Work Culture
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 8, 2017
There is a lot of favoritism. They promote their friends and force others out of the company. Public humiliation is common place for the management team. Discrimination does exist if you are not of color. The hardest part of the job is trying to fit into the work culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor work culture
Gateway is the worst company I have ever worked for
Team manager, Gateway Health Plan (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Just stay clear of this company. Culture is toxic. Management is horrendous. Pay is barely enough. It is not worth ever working here. Both IT and the business have tremendously incompetent managers.
They compensate well
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
Their work life balance is terrible. Many working people have other obligations and responsibilities and they make it hard for you to balance. However, they have good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
work life balance
Good Work Life Balance
Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at Gateway, however there were many changes in Management that disrupted process improvements. They encourage a good work/life balance.
good place to work but long hours in traffic
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2017
Good company to work for, good benefits, good people however the commute was exhausting and long...I lived an hour away from the company which didn't help .
Pros
good places to eat during lunch
Cons
too long of the commute
Do not work for this company!!!!
Practicing Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 30, 2017
I work for the section of Highmark Health Options in Delaware. The management of this company stinks! There is limited communication between upper management to other employees. They claim they are open to new ideas, they are only open to new ideas from their favorite employees. There is no room for advancement unless you are a favorite employee. This is an extremely fasted paced and forever changing workplace. What is ok to do one day is not ok to do the next day, changes without notice. No back up/support from supervisors. There is no room autonomy, very micromanaged!
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Everything else!
Large company that cared about diversity
Human Resources Assistant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2017
Large company that cared about its employees and diversity. But favoritism could be used in regards to promotions, increases, etc. The company stayed on top of growing trends and implemented those changes.