Gateway Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

Great launch point
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PASeptember 4, 2014
Gateway is an amazing place to start building a career. Compensation and benefits are comparably low but it is a not for profit agency. The treatment programming is strong and research based. Management is approachable and understanding and do provide strong clinical supervision. They are very flexible and PTO benefits are great (30 days off per year including holidays). There is room for advancement if you are good at your job and put in the extra effort. All in all I would recommend anyone to seek employment if they are starting in the drug and alcohol counseling field.
Pros
PTO and understanding management
Cons
Generally low pay, expensive health care, limited advancement opportunities if you are not willing to go above and beyond
Bad Management
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 16, 2018
Favoritism should not be a part of management. Family should not be working in entry level and management level as there is conflict of interest that may occur
Pros
Interesting job
Negative Atmosphere
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMay 15, 2018
Negative atmosphere, poor supervision, supervisor offer little support or consistency, no accountability for patients with little consequences, no transparency in the company, large recidivism rate, high turnover rate, poor management
Pros
Pto is decent
Cons
Management has little motivation, management has poor work ethic, management is unprofessional
It was an ok job
Utilization Review Liaison (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAAugust 10, 2018
I liked working there, I enjoyed my coworkers, like anywhere else there was room for improvement but they were working on that... I don't really know what else to say.
Favoritism
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2018
Supervisors blab info that should be kept confidential
Favoritism
95% of the employees smoke, bad break abuse
Expect to get written up-poor management
Pros
40hr a week
Cons
teach 12 step program yet majority want nothing to do with getting help, more of a correction facility with poor management.
A job that makes a difference
Counselor Tech (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJanuary 5, 2017
The salary is not much for the type of work performed, which is a disadvantage.
Another issue is that there is absolutely no flexibility in the work schedule. Once your schedule is set, it never changes. You work the same hours everday, and have the same days off. It would be nice to have a rotating schedule to give everyone the opportunity to have weekends off.
The people I work with at Gateway are very nice and friendly.
It is also rewarding to know when you have made a difference with the kids!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
low pay, and a work schedule that never changes
An okay job, good expirience builder, not a career
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMarch 18, 2012
This a good place to get experience however it is not a career. The compensation and benefits are tolerable but not great. There is high staff turnover as clinical staff with degrees generally find other jobs willing to better compensate them for education and experience - HR seems to make no effort at retention of staff.
Pros
good expirience, flexible scheduling, good paid time off.
Cons
healthcare is exspensive, pay is comparably low
Very relaxed place to work
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 26, 2018
Very relaxed place to work. management is pretty ok. you only work 6 hours a day, 3 to 4 days a week. Its a good second jobif you are just trying to npick up hours some where.
Gateway is not the company that it used to be
will not disclose (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAAugust 2, 2017
Gateway is no longer focused on patient care. The focus is on a few upper level management staff making sure they themselves are making a profit. The other managers are in adequate. The goal is not to aid the patients in recovery, but to get paid for their time and have them go out unprepared so they can return and Gateway can collect on them again.

There are a few quality employees still left, but their hands are now tied. Everyone is just doing what they have to in order to survive and maintain employment.
going downhill
Building Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJuly 7, 2017
need improvement. Upper management has changed and is slowly going downhill.no room for advancement. people are leaving and moving on to better opportunities. need to pay better wage
Over aged high schoolers for management
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJune 22, 2016
I worked there for several years, in the admissions dept. The manager was a 55 year old trapped in high school mode. The workers were irresponsible, immature, and acted like a clan of mean girls making fun of each others shoes. Gossip galore. Repeated call offs, two hour lunch breaks, while sick patients sat in the lobby waiting for help. Multiple complaints and nothing was done. Upper management cares nothing except for fund raising so they can collect their big pay checks. The place had repeated bed bug infestations. No recognition for those who actually work there. Low pay, and you'll be doing everything while the queen shops on her three hour lunch break with all her cronies. Dont work in the admissions dept. Just dont.
At times, a very rewarding place to work.
Admissions Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMay 13, 2017
Gateway has many amazing people that work there helping many people as well as their families to overcome addiction problems. It can be a very rewarding place to work but at times it can be a very emotionally draining place to work. Gateway recently acquired a new CEO therefore a lot of change is going on. Hoping for the patients, community and employees that this in the end, will be a positive.
Pros
Rewarding watching the patients overcome addiction.
Cons
No lunch room and low pay.
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAOctober 19, 2017
Staff is great! Working environment is very relaxed and I enjoy going to work each day. The management is great. Schedules are flexible and it is a great learning experience
A Good Start
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAOctober 19, 2015
A good way to get your foot in the door and gain some experience in the drug and alcohol field. An opportunity to help those struggling with the disease of addiction. Very challenging with a high burn-out and turnover rate. Little to no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Flexible Management
Cons
Low wage, No advancement, No support, Poor working environment No recognition. Less than stellar conditions.
Fair
Unknown (Former Employee) –  UnknownNovember 9, 2016
Love some of coworkers others like to play too much. Favoritism / from upper management needs better direction/poor communication among staff. Corrections divisions is good stepping stone for new graduate but not a place to make career.
Revolving door
lpn (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHDecember 27, 2015
I wouldn't send my worst enemy to their assisted living. Nurses beware! You will jeapordize loosing your license. If you do decide to work there, make sure you count your narcotics, side by side, with the nurses,if you don't you"ll be sorry, Check and double check.
The first day of my orientation, the preceptor called off, I had to pass meds to 45 patients on 1 st shift (only nurse on the floor), none of the patients had identity bracelets.it was a nightmare. Night shift nurses- you'll be the only nurse for 95 residents! Good luck
Pros
You make loose your license in the process- but good money
Cons
Short staff- some of nurses need drug intervention
I enjoyed working with clients who were recovering from stroke, TBI and other events.
Clinical Experience Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMay 6, 2015
This environment was nicely paced with opportunity to spend time with each patient. I provided assessment and treatment of patients with aphasia, apraxia, swallowing disorders, and attention, memory and cognitive deficits. Additionally, I gained experience with reading Modified Barium Swallow Studies. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the patients so well and assisting them in their recovery from life changing events. .
Pros
Time to know the patients well and become invested in their recovery
great management as well as great room for improvement!
Counselor Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2017
its an awesome company to work for! Its located in South Fayette. Its the adolescent halfway house for males ranging from 15-23. The management is great.
Average
Youth and Young Adult Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PANovember 30, 2016
Gateway has provided many opportunities for learning and growth. I have been able to further my abilities within the company and it has prepared me for future career options. Gateway is an excellent starter company.
Medical Billing
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moon Township, PAJanuary 8, 2013
I've been working at Gateway for 4 years now and have learned a tremendous amount about medical billing. I work with some wonderful people that have helped me build my knowledge in the field. The hardest part about my job is knowing that there is no room for advancement but I do love what I do.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gateway Rehabilitation Center Reviews by Location