Gateway Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PASeptember 6, 2019
Company is doing poorly, keeps letting people go, programs closing, stressed out management, & severely under staffed programs. Can’t hire due to budget issues?? So we were told. Patients are unsupervised and warehoused in, with little treatment due to number of patients and little staff. No one is held accountable, poor pay, high stress levels. Never fully staffed high turn over rate. Little to no supervision from management due to everyone wearing so many hats. Good stepping stone for those in college & then move on quickly.
No training, no support, no leadership
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2019
High turnover due to lack of training and support. No motivation to stay other than serving population. Frustration levels high each day. Inconsistent messaging from management, no one wants to lead.
Always short staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 22, 2019
They always ran with minimal staff causing the staff to feel rushed when providing patient care. They would complain about staff having excessive overtime but never took into account that we were always short staffed and didn't have enough time during our scheduled shift to finish all of our work.
poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAJuly 22, 2019
Poor .management with no addiction experience.Poor addiction knowledge of staff.Has turned direction in belief of program when former physician passed.
Pros
pto
Cons
staff with casuals over part time and fulltime just to fill slots
I loved working there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 22, 2019
Great place to work dont pay what they should but overall good people I think it's a shame that u have to have a diploma just to have a housekeeping job I think they could get people for housekeeping of the rules weren't so strick but other than that very professional I wish I could go back and you keep but i dont dont have my diploma 😔
You DO NOT want to work here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJune 18, 2019
Management is horrible. Pay is horrible. It is not a fun place to work. Management lies to make themselves look good. HR does not respond positively to employee complaints.
Low Pay
Training Specialist / Corporate Compliance (Current Employee) –  Moon, PAMay 9, 2019
Victim of working in a non-profit organization. Nothing you can do about that but if you're not a VP then you're not paid very well. Not many other agency in and around Pittsburgh that pay well either
Pros
Earned PTO
Cons
Low Pay
Working at Ce Ce's Gateway Rehab was a great experience for me
Therapist (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Braddock, PAMarch 11, 2019
The program was called Ce Ce's Place. It was a 1/2 house through Gateway Rehab. The program worked with women recovering from drug and alcohol. It was the best work experience I've received in my professional career because it helped me to become thorough in my work experience in treatment. We helped to give the women guidance and direction in their lives to become productive members of society. It was difficult at times, but the reward of visioning the women become successful was awesome.
Pros
Gateway Rehab was a good place to work. I gained valuable work experience at Gateway
Cons
There was very long work hours at Gateway Rehab
a learning experience in the drug and alcohol field
Counselor Tech/Life skills manager (Former Employee) –  beaver falls pa 15010December 19, 2018
working for gateway was a learning experience and helps you understand the drug and alcohol addiction that others experience which helps you understand the epidemic,
Pros
uderstanding of other without judgement
Cons
working with others who dont communicate or acknowlege problems
It was an ok job
Utilization Review Liaison (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAAugust 10, 2018
I liked working there, I enjoyed my coworkers, like anywhere else there was room for improvement but they were working on that... I don't really know what else to say.
Bad Management
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 16, 2018
Favoritism should not be a part of management. Family should not be working in entry level and management level as there is conflict of interest that may occur
Pros
Interesting job
Negative Atmosphere
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMay 15, 2018
Negative atmosphere, poor supervision, supervisor offer little support or consistency, no accountability for patients with little consequences, no transparency in the company, large recidivism rate, high turnover rate, poor management
Pros
Pto is decent
Cons
Management has little motivation, management has poor work ethic, management is unprofessional
Favoritism
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2018
Supervisors blab info that should be kept confidential
Favoritism
95% of the employees smoke, bad break abuse
Expect to get written up-poor management
Pros
40hr a week
Cons
teach 12 step program yet majority want nothing to do with getting help, more of a correction facility with poor management.
Very relaxed place to work
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 26, 2018
Very relaxed place to work. management is pretty ok. you only work 6 hours a day, 3 to 4 days a week. Its a good second jobif you are just trying to npick up hours some where.
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAOctober 19, 2017
Staff is great! Working environment is very relaxed and I enjoy going to work each day. The management is great. Schedules are flexible and it is a great learning experience
Gateway is not the company that it used to be
will not disclose (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAAugust 2, 2017
Gateway is no longer focused on patient care. The focus is on a few upper level management staff making sure they themselves are making a profit. The other managers are in adequate. The goal is not to aid the patients in recovery, but to get paid for their time and have them go out unprepared so they can return and Gateway can collect on them again.

There are a few quality employees still left, but their hands are now tied. Everyone is just doing what they have to in order to survive and maintain employment.
going downhill
Building Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJuly 7, 2017
need improvement. Upper management has changed and is slowly going downhill.no room for advancement. people are leaving and moving on to better opportunities. need to pay better wage
great management as well as great room for improvement!
Counselor Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2017
its an awesome company to work for! Its located in South Fayette. Its the adolescent halfway house for males ranging from 15-23. The management is great.
At times, a very rewarding place to work.
Admissions Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMay 13, 2017
Gateway has many amazing people that work there helping many people as well as their families to overcome addiction problems. It can be a very rewarding place to work but at times it can be a very emotionally draining place to work. Gateway recently acquired a new CEO therefore a lot of change is going on. Hoping for the patients, community and employees that this in the end, will be a positive.
Pros
Rewarding watching the patients overcome addiction.
Cons
No lunch room and low pay.
Loved the population
Therapeutic Counselor (Former Employee) –  In pt and out ptFebruary 2, 2017
The experience at Gateway taught me many skills. I felt like the staff was over worked and did not have enough support in the group rooms.
Some of my managers were incredible others asked me to do unethical practices that I did not want to do.
Pros
Great supervision with new supervisor
Cons
Not paid enough I had to work a second job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.