Gateway Technical College Employee Reviews

Workplace culture
Senior Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 27, 2019
The culture in the workplace was typically awesome. Most days the staff worked together as a team and was open to communication. Communicating with other departments with in an educational institution is highly important and Gateway staff did a great job at doing that.
Technician
Help Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 31, 2019
I like working at gateway as casual because i get to use what I'm learning in my computer support class in the field. I get to be hands on in the technical field.
Pros
Free lunch on special events
Paid Internship
Paid Interneship Campus Gardens (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my summer working as both the designer and as part of the maintenance crew for the Kenosha campus gardens. However, $10 per hour was not enough for the physical labor it involved.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not a good wage
Work Study
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 25, 2018
While going for my Associates Degree I was able to do work study and get more on hands training about things that I was going to school for. I thought that it was a great experience.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Fab Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 16, 2018
Working along side my coworkers getting to work with other departments in my company and learning new things when I can. Still going as a company as we speak.
I went to child care educator classes there.
Director, Just Like Home Child Development Center (Former Employee) –  Truth or Consequences, NM 87901October 2, 2018
I did not work there. I received my associate degree for early childhood education at this school. I don't understand why it is showing up as an employer.
Career Pathway Program Academy professional
Career Pathway Program Academy professional (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 2, 2018
At Gateway you will be surrounded by student-first colleagues who value hard work with collaboration and engagement with numerous diverse opportunities to share your expertise out of your traditional role.

Your colleagues here at Gateway are knowledgeable, prepared people who are wiling and exited to grow.

Here, is where life-work balance come to fruition-embracing each have daily non-Gateway responsibilities.

As a collaborative group of folks-Gateway is 100% legit; smart, fun and inspiring!
Pros
Cross culture and function environment, collaboration, life-work balance.
Amazing organization
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 4, 2018
I have worked at Gateway Technical College for over four years. The college is very student-centered and equips employees to do what they do best to accomplish the mission of the college. There is a true open door policy at the college and initiatives strategically align with the goals of the college. Managers and college leaders do their best and provide strong support for the college.
Great place, great people
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 13, 2018
I have worked here for awhile now. Over the years there have been ups and downs with culture and management but alot of it has been resolved with stronger leadership and the absence of strong unions. I find that my opinions and views are taken into account but only when I voice them! If you can't do that, then you have no business complaining. It is not the best place on earth to work - I don't think that exists. However, it is a good place with good people doing a good job serving the community they live in.
Pros
People, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Negativity from some, lack of personal accountability from some
Enjoyable place to work
Welcome Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIJune 2, 2018
I helped anyone hoe needs help while on campus. I have learned my education skills are improving excellent. I have a wonderful supervisor that I work for. It is a front office area with contact with all staff and public. Hardest part of the job having a good memory. Learning how to ask the correct questions to give the best assistant needed. Most enjoyable part is helping others to succeed in the day.
Pros
Flexibility to work around class schedule
Peer Advocate
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 17, 2018
I was a Peer Advocate through work study and getting paid $12.00/Hour. I would still work there if I had the chance to and working there Full Time you get excellent benefits including Paid Time Off and Vacation
Casual
Volunteer / Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 30, 2018
If you are looking for a environment where you feel welcome and enjoy to collaborate with different team member then this is the right school to work for.
intense and nerve racking
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 11, 2018
Every day is a struggle for survival. You need to keep your head on a swivel and pray your boss is in a good mood. The best part of the day is when you can finally go home. There is no appreciation for the work you do, nor how much sacrifice you will give.
Pros
free food
Cons
too many to list
Gateway Technical College
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 23, 2018
I had been ill with an infection during a summer course. During that time, a "snowflake" complained straight to the dean. And, of course, her complaint was anonymous, so I had no right to confront my accuser. I have not taught for Gateway since then.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Lack of support
n/a
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 4, 2018
n/a, none. I do not want to state anything about it. Its a typical day at work with alot of learning. The management and workplace culture is the hardest part of the job.
It was fun
Intern at the Academic (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 2, 2018
I was an intern at GTC and loved it I worked in the academic success center. the school is great for people who are looking for an associates degree and it is rather affordable. The staff is very welcoming and the environment is very positive. I would definitely recommend working at GTC or attending classes here.
Pros
positive environment and affordable education
Comfortable Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor /Library Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 19, 2017
A stimulating change of pace working with adults of all backgrounds. Flexible hours and cooperative staff. Latest technology. Paid inservice days. I get to use my advanced degree.
Pros
Flexible environment
Gateway provides excellent education in Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Service Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIOctober 17, 2017
Being an adjunct Emergency Medical Service instructor provides a good opportunity to educate students and pass on experiences I have received during many years in the field.
Computer lab tutor
computer lab tutor (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 13, 2017
nice environment and great management. professional setting with a relaxed dress code,a great atmosphere for learning with minimal pressure and the ability to to achieve your goals.
Not great for Adjuncts
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 5, 2017
If you can wait 10 or more years for a regular instructor to retire, you could earn a decent wage and have benefits. If you don't have 10 or more years to wait, you're out of luck. Low pay, no benefits.
Pros
Love the students!
Cons
Can't wait 10 years for a real job...