Gator Dredging Employee Reviews

Unsafe operations are standard practice at Gator Dredging
Diver 1 (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 4, 2019
After working as a diver offshore for almost 7 years, I went to Gator Dredging because of a specific job they had planned in my hometown. I worked with Gator for 3 months until our crews complaints about unsafe environments kept falling on deaf ears. One day, everything came to a head when the management tried to force us into an unsafe situation. 3 of 4 crewmembers quit that day. Stay away from Gator Dredging if you value your life.
Pros
Definitely not
Cons
All of it
Management is a joke. Laughing off poor planning with a "par for the course " from a top five in company was my first red flag.
Operator/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Multiple Florida locationsOctober 18, 2018
Steer clear, if looking for a career. Higher ups are all new to dredge/marine life. Management is also cliques so if the right persons like you I.e. you suck up to the right ones you can do no wrong.
Pros
Type of work and pay scale
Cons
Management promised raises then attempted to shame me for asking for money I had already worked for.
Official response from Gator Dredging
November 1, 2018

I don't have anything bad to say about Gator Dredging. They've been fair helped me when I needed help. They provide good benefits, good pay and have a good working environment.

You dont know where you stand with management.
CDL Class B Truck Driver,heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Unless you're friends with the right people, your time with this company will be short . Everyone in the company with actual working knowledge have already left
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Alot of time away from family out of town
Productive and fun work place
Oporater, boat tender, labor, (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2017
Good company. Easy gong staff and bosses. Great benefits and will send you off to see the world. Awesome place to be and good experience in the field.
none (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work,
had to leave due to a medical issue.
very supportive of issues and treatment needed.
would recommend this company to anyone for long term employment.
Great place to work and learn new thing, muli-task job
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 28, 2016
This was a multi-task job. A lot of calls coming in and very busy completing paper work. I learned new thins like payroll, and keeping track of receipts as well as paying bills. Management was great and very caring. Although I was only there for a small period of time, I was able to learn a lot of new thing. My coworkers were very nice. I was always to busy to talk to them in a personal level. The most enjoyable part was to learn the many different tasks that the job required.
Pros
own office, multi-task job
Cons
just temporary job, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gator Dredging. Our community is ready to answer.

Gator Dredging Reviews by Location