Gaylor Electric Employee Reviews

Former admin assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INApril 2, 2019
I had a very controlling boss that wanted to do everything while I sat bored all week. Begged corporate to help for months before I gave up hope. Take my advice do not apply here!
Cons
Horrible boss
Great place to work.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2019
This was a wonderful place to work. Generous pay and good benefits. Great people to work with. $42,000 a year. Centrally located for me to drive from where I lived.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Job eliminated
Not a lifestyle i care to be in
Apprentice Lineman (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 14, 2019
Gaylor always has the hurry up aspect. They also have the lets neglect safety aspect. Turn over rates seems a bit on the high side and more than likely due to the lack of people and over abundance of hours away from home
Pros
Pays, good benefits
Cons
Never home, big disregard for safety
Fun group of electricians to work with
Crew Leader/Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJanuary 5, 2019
Typical day, writing look aheads requested by management. Lay out employees for daily and weekly tasks. Learned how to be a successful electrician. Management was quite helpful, and always willing to assist. The workplace culture was positive, and fast. The hardest part of the job was working in bad weather, as well as keeping everyone safe. I enjoyed the satisfaction of completing projects .
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
travel
short employment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN, USDecember 17, 2018
I didn't work for the company for a very long time so I really don't have much to say. I didn't feel that what the company had to offer would have been what I would have wanted to do when I decided to leave.
May be better for other people, but my experience wasn't great
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INDecember 4, 2018
It was made very clear to me early on that even once hired I was still viewed as an intern. They had no intention of promoting me to a higher position and felt content to keep me where I was.
Pros
Work environment is alright
Cons
Not a fan of the CEO
Terrible experience
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 2, 2018
Was supposed to be an apprenticeship. Nothing of the sort. They did not pay for schooling like a true apprenticeship and they did not submit my hours to the state per law so I could receive my apprentice card. Didn't really learn anything because they didn't follow state procedures of assigning an apprentice to a competent journeyman.
Pros
Cons
Horrible working conditions, would not let you take breaks, pay is $5 below average for apprentices in the electrical field
good place when they had work in tucson
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 26, 2018
They had a big job going on when i was hired it lasted about 2 years then they were gone. They were an out of town contractor that paid decent for the time being.
Pros
good safety
Cons
must be willing to travel
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Working different electrical problems each day for a change of pace. Done new Product for commercial buildings. Supervised 5 personnel for a Dave and Buster's project.
Pros
Great work environment and 45 minute lunch
Cons
distance to jobs can be rather far
i really enjoyed working for this company
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 26, 2018
i learned a lot working for this company, i know how to handle materials, organizing them in the correct place so it was easier for the workers to find the material needed to finish their job
Pros
i liked how many hours we got daily
Cons
there were short breaks
Not a place to expect a decent salary
Electric Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 23, 2018
Gaylor electric, was a good place to work however it didnt pay high enough to "work to live". An apprentice starting out will not be able to afford an apartment or many other bills starting off at 12.50-13.00 a hour.
Pros
Great Management, Awesome employees
Cons
Wages
safty minded company
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
very save work practice and good communication on the job site and good cleanliness at the end of the day. Every Monday tool box talk make ,in my opinion ,everybody saver on the site
Pros
safty free lunch
Cons
non
Low pay
Electrican Assistant (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 9, 2018
The pay is very low, but the culture is nice and supportive. They are willing to educate you at a minimal price and are very protective of their employees when it comes to safety.
Management needs organization
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 1, 2018
Needs organization in all departments
Materials need to be managed better
Distribution of information needs alot of improvement
Needs to screen the temporary staff better
Management of temporary staff needs improvement
This is a good company to start out at doing Electrical work.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2018
This is a good place to learn Electrical work. If you are interested in Electrical work for a new career and you are wanting to learn, have decent benefits, get paid weekly this is the place for you to work.
Gaylor electric employee
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 19, 2018
Gaylor Electric could be a better company to work for if the management cared more for their employees and promote more minorities in their workforce.There are times when individuals feel like they are just a number,sometimes you are scared to voice your point of view. There have been occasions where open door policy doesn't exist.I can only speak for the site or geograpically area that I work in, other places may or may not be different.But to sum it all up this company could stay for some improvement in various areas.I started out loving my company and enjoying the work but over a period of time it came demanding and stressful to meet deadlines that were 2 to 3 months behind due to late start and incompetence.
Pros
they are easy to hire on
Cons
promote peers
Good company to work for
Low Voltage Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 9, 2018
Gaylor is a great company to work for. The supervisors are competent and fair. Newbies to the field can learn a lot in a short amount of time working as part of a team.
Friendly environment
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Gaylor, work was very fast paced and everyone was friendly. I did not like the pay though. My overall work experience here was great and would recommend people to give them a try.
good company, poor management
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCMay 17, 2018
worked in extreme weather, the management for this particular project is poor and bad communication, hardest part of the job is the heat and lack of access to cold water, most enjoyable part of the job is it's close to home
Gaylor is a great place to build a career.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMay 6, 2018
A typical work day is fairly simple and straight forward. I learned 90% of the electrical knowledge I have learned from there. There are some amazingly talented people who work there that care enough about the advancement of others that Gaylor has an amazing education department.
Pros
management support, education, great benefits
Cons
Low pay scale