GC Services Employee Reviews

Found 2,801 reviews matching the search See all 2,825 reviews
gran ambiente de trabajo
Representative agent (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TX 76522February 19, 2019
gran ambiente de trabajo, flexibilidad de horarios, varios turnos disponibles.
Pros
flexibilidad de horario
not the place for you if life happens.
Retail Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 18, 2019
I had worked for GC Services a few times in the past and its not really the place to go if anything uncontrollable in your life happens. The company works based off of a occurrence system if you miss and once you get to 10 you cannot miss or you will be terminated. I was one of those who were at 10 occurrences for things completely out of my control, and when i went to do a schedule change to make up my time on a day off it was up to them if it was important enough or if they wanted to let you leave. Due to denials I had to call off because I had no other choice. When you ask for a schedule change you also get the look of disgust from management. In the end I was terminated due to illness because I had to go into break to physically be sick from coughing too much or because I had I coughed so hard I had urinated on myself. In that time they still would not allow a schedule change. Then when you explain what is going on upon termination they conveniently find something else to terminate you for even if it is inaccurate. If management does not like someone or if someone is becoming too much, for example their health, they would find any little reason to terminate, often enough they would find multiple excuses to fall back on if the first or second reason failed.
Pros
Breaks & lunches, Pay
Cons
No room to have a life outside of work, will not accommodate situations out of your control
Good company but bad employees
Customer Service/Call Rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 18, 2019
The company itself is a great company to work for, but the employees and some management aren't the greatest to work with. Alot of times some employees are more privileged.
It was a great experience but some managers are single minded
Apple Chat Specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85209February 17, 2019
Overall the job is great love the opportunities & great celebrations. Although things are great some of the og's or managers per say are small & singled minded. I would love to see a bit more of creative minds in job such as this one cause it would overall be a great experience.
I knew what I was getting myself into..
Superior court rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2019
I applied to be a superior court rep. i had to drive all the way to irwindale to meet with someone. they made me take a few tests no big deal. called me the next day for a phone interview. went fine. they took 6 weeks to call me to tell me i got the job.

I did the training, Fine. I started in the courthouse. The manager leaves me and I am left being trained. the person there before me had been with the company about 15 years with barely any raise in the salary. he had a lot of terrible things to say and was completely honest with me. this is the pettiest company i have ever worked for. stay far. stay very far.

i knew what I was getting myself into when I applied. i was going to be dealing with the worst kinds of people. the people were not the problem. it was POOR management. you get written up even for the smallest mistake even if you're brand new and thrown in the middle with no manager and no help!

you get yelled at by the court help desk and managers for no reason.

the worst!! i lasted a month and left. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

several of their windows have been closed in multiple courthouses.
It's a job
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  MOFebruary 13, 2019
easy job to get, management is horrible. most employees come and go as they please. break times were cut to 10 mins, over all it is just a high school
Cons
short break
If you're looking to just start off off collections, this would be your best bet. Super easy to get in and you do no need experinece.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILFebruary 13, 2019
Everyday you are to log in to your programs and look at your accounts that you have worked. Also known as your money accounts. You work those accounts and collect on their debts. You have a daily and monthly budget to should try to achieve but depending on the day, season ect, it is very hard to accomplish. The management team is very poor. Management needs work and retraining. The hardest part of the job is trying to reach budgets and being able to exceed to reach bonus. Also dealing with unprofessionalism by management and other staff. The only enjoyable thing was my flexible schedule.
Pros
schedule
Cons
environment
It was an ok job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 13, 2019
It was cool just wasn’t my scene. Need more training but it was okay. Need longer breaks because them 20 to 30 minutes are not enough time to do anything.
Good job
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 12, 2019
I would have stayed with this company longer if not for transportation issues. Good, 8 ti 5 job. Got an hour for lunch and everything. Wish I was still there
Good work place to start if moving to El Paso or its a first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 11, 2019
good place to work at however type of employment that is focused more o numbers then helping out customer service rep stressed didn't have the option to choose set schedule for my school needs
Producive work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2019
At GC services a day working there you would start by logging into your computer and start the work that is assigned to you and start making phone calls. Management is a bit poor because the managers hardly want to help you. You would work at least nine hours for all five days of the week and would have an hour of lunch.
The experience has been good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2019
My overall experience with GC Services has been good. I have had the opportunity to develop numerous skills and have been provided helpful feedback by upper management that have aided my overall growth.
Ambiente de trabajo organizado y buen compañerismo.
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 7, 2019
Un ambiente de trabajo fluido con mucha responsabilidad.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Inbound collections
Customer Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 7, 2019
i would not at all recommend GC Services to anyone. the work requirements is extremely demanding but the hourly rate barely at minimum wadge. there is not pay increase.
Good for an entry-level position, but no chances for advancement.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 7, 2019
This was not a pleasant place to work. Management is a joke here, as every "unit" has it's own manager and 99% of the time, These "managers" were almost never there. And, when they were there, they would not follow the company guidelines or rules (For example, taking 2 hour lunch breaks, sitting on their phones the entire day, and not helping employees with new software that had just been implemented). Employees were rude to one another on several different occasions, bullying is not uncommon here. The work itself is fast-paced, VERY high-stress and psychologically deteriorating. You will spend all day long getting screamed at by customers who failed to pay their bills, and then blaming it on you when their services get disconnected. In addition, there are ZERO chances for advancement here. You will be stuck doing the same thing all day every day with nothing to show for it 10 years later. This would be an ideal job for someone just starting out, but as for an actual career, you are screwed. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Pros
Good for a first job
Cons
Nonexistent breaks, poor management, rude employees, extreme stress work, no PTO/Sick Leave.
Never would recommend
Full time (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 6, 2019
Not family oriented. If HR liked you, you would not get written up. Too many friendships that caused unfairness.
The company is losing its contract, so there will be no more 3rd party
This is not the place you want to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOFebruary 5, 2019
I was in the Recovery Dept, which takes inbound calls for credit reporting and settlements on disconnected accounts in collections. All of the people calling in were really upset and angry with how their accounts were handled and we were all told that the hammer was coming down on us about not removing accounts and not fixing customer services's mistakes, that Verizon hates their customers basically because even if we screwed up the customer still has to pay for it unless it has been noted that customer service messed up. The management in that dept was a freaking joke. One supervisor ignored me for over 2 weeks just because I told her that we screwed up and she was wrong to say that the charges were valid. The other supervisor would either interrupt you when you asked her a question because as she put it has been there so long she just already knows what you are going to ask and more than half the time her answer had nothing to with what was going to be asked, or she would tell you that she stopped listening after you said her name or tell you to just get to the point because you are talking to much. A formal complaint against any supervisor that is best friends with the account manager which is the higher up and his boss will cause the hammer to come down on you and you will get fired and unemployment benefits will be denied. Worst 2 years of my life, I'll never get those years back.
Productive fun working environment
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILFebruary 5, 2019
Very flexible and understanding. Everyone is so nice and work well as a team. My manager is the best! We are all a family at g. C they just don't pay enough.
Processed telephone service requests for MCI
Error Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Contacted customers and telephone companies, when required, to correct discrepancies with service requests. As a Team leader (Mentor/Manager Trainee), I supervised and assisted co-workers in processing telephone service requests.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Good entry level call center
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Good place to start in the call center business. Making a career there is questionable because of the rate of pay, no holiday pay benefits. They do have overtime hours usually.
Pros
easy to get in
Cons
no holiday pay or vacation pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight