GC Services

GC Services insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good and bad depends on the project you work in

I believe that customer service representatives should get paid more for the amount of calls and all the disrespect you have to take from customers. The place looks like they just hire everybody

Cons

Very short brakes

poor training poor leadership, high turnover rate

do not work here its a waste of time and effort ,they will find anything to fire you over . my entire training class didnt make it two weeks and neither did the class after us

Cons

short breaks, poor job security, dont care about employees

Awful workplace

There were many issues that I experienced working for this company. I will summarize here.- The place was absolutely filthy, it was never cleaned and caused many people to be sick.- Management is awful, and expect you to do their work for them.- Expectations are insanely high for newer people.- Employees are rude and aggressive.

Pros

Lunch break, good trainers

Cons

No benefits, toxic environment

Meh

Work was easy, management was supportive, but not my cup of tea. Otherwise it was a decent experience to add to the resume, a new field to dabble in.

Pros

Good people in management.

Cons

N/a

Great job if you can handle it

My only reason for not continuing employment was because of how the client navigates their computer system. Its hard. It is a lot to do and remember. Training does NOT prepare you for production. Many leave during training because of this reason.

Pros

Job has potential

Cons

Energy Advisor role can suck an egg

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Secure job/little room for growth

Training classes were very intensive so I felt well prepared at my job. The pay is low for the volume of work. There were incentive programs to boost motivation.

Pros

Resources and management is available to help you become an expert in your role.

Cons

Little pay or room for growth

Good short-time job

It’s a good job to have for a few months, pay is good, better than most places nearby, you can work from home after training and they provide the equipment. If they like you, you can get a better position for a lot more stress and not worth the extra pay, but to resume if you stay to long you’ll regret it and unless you don’t care that much or are perfect at your job, you’re basically in a constant stress all the time.

Pros

Pay is good, possibility of work from home after a while, chance of getting slight bonus once in a while

Cons

Almost every week you can be threatened of being fired for the smallest thing, have to wait forever for things like schedule changes or PTO to be approved, all depends on what department you end up in, if you call out they make sure you remember it’s your fault they’re missing hours, you have to use your PTO for maternity leave and the most you’ll have is 2 weeks

Easy to move up in the company

I was there just about 6 months and was promoted to manager. I never met the CEO of the company or anyone higher than the center director. Upper management does play favorites, even though they may no intend to. Overall it was not a bad company to work for but there are no long term benefits.

Pros

easy to move up in company

Cons

Favoritism

It is a contract company, so the pay was low, but I loved everything else about GC Services. If they had an office in VA, I would re-apply. You were made to feel very valued there, overall a great place to work.

Pros

People

Cons

Low pay

A very results driven company

This is a pretty standard 9-5 type office job. There are hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly quotas that need to be met. There are different areas that work on different projects. For mine specifically if the managers found you didn’t make a call or take a call in around 5 minutes, they would directly call you to remind you. We got 2 breaks at 15 minutes paid for, 1 lunch for 30 minutes unpaid. You do have the ability to have an hour lunch. They will require you to stay the extra 30 minutes, however I found they got upset when this was asked for. The work itself is standard customer service, however 9 times out of 10 every call is an upset customer. I have no dependents or obligations so there are things I am unaware of. But they are very strict with any missed time for any reason. You have about 10 times of calling out, being late, clocking in late, etc. Then you will be released. There are chances to make these up such as medical notes or rewards for work. Overall it is very consistent and repetitive. You are basically guaranteed your full shift hours weekly. Not the best place but not the worst.

Pros

Guaranteed Hours

Cons

Strict on working time

Jobs at GC Services

in Copperas Cove, TX
See more jobs

Its a little but Alot

Your coworkers are what makes the day go by. It's alot of work for little pay. You are able to work from home. Stress levels are high but the Managers have good communication but the moral still is low. A lot of people come and go from here and/or might get switched to new projects.

Pros

work from home

Cons

micromanage

Management and company does not care about it's employees, only getting the job done.

I worked at this company for over a year and it was a weird experience. The management does not care about new employees, hence the high turnover. Also, even if you stay for over a month, management only cares that you show up for your shifts and do the job without any complaints. Those who complain or bring up issues with managing or scheduling will often find themselves eventually pushed out of the company.

Pros

A steady paycheck.

Cons

Constantly changing work schedules, always at the needs of the company. Indifferent management and supervisors.

Horrible

Bad work environment. They don’t care unless you are sleeping with the staff. Unfair especially at the start of the pandemic. Unprofessional and not worth it

Pros

Pto

The pay is decent

If you need a job it’s there. If you don’t mind customers yelling at you and you can’t get any help from the managers to help the customer so you have to make up something to get them off the phone.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Schedule and the customers

Horrible place

Do not recommened. Unprofessional job overall. Everything was horrible. They dont care about you as a person. All they want is a paycheck. Schedules are unfair and they lose a lot of employees due to it.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything else

I feel during this difficult time gc should jump on board with other companies and go fully remote it is absolutely no reason for agents to be in office it has been plenty of outbreaks I got sick numerous times and was unable to be paid which put a huge strain on my finances they could definitely afford to pay their agents atleast HALF of their pay when on COVID-19 quarantine. It’s unfair and it is inhumane , we have families that we have to go home to !

Pros

Pay is ok, benefits are good

Cons

Unprofessional mangers

The best part of the job was the customers!

When in-house, they use to have games, drawings, free lunch once a month, snacks. With most people remote now, they just care about numbers at work. When you can work at a call center and the best part is/ are the customers, working from home and a few employees...

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Doesn't really care about you. Can easily be replaced

Management and benefits

As anybody knows management can make or break an employees day and attitude. The managers at gc while on a personal level are great are still some of the worst managers I've delt with. And the saddest part is I feel like it's not even their fault. They are understaffed and over worked trying to keep up with 30+ agents in office and at home along with customers and then their other responsibilities. 30 minutes or more sometimes to just get a, "hold on." From a manager. Now far as promotions go for the most part GC seems to have a specific category in mind for promotions. If you're any good at your job you can likely forget ever being moved to another position or moving up the chain. There is no sick leave you have PTO but you don't really get to use it. They want you to make up your time without you using pto. They don't even allow you to use pto for holidays. WHICH BY THE WAY YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP AS WELL. Gc closes 3 days in the year christmas, new years day, and thanksgiving. (Not even the days before) They say they "give" the employees "time off" for these days. But force them to make it up. If you don't make it up then that's an occurence. Oh, and no holiday pay.

Pros

Ok pay for sitting still all day

Busy workplace

Busy workplace if you want to work you will go far! They cover all COVID to keep us safe. Most managers care about you as a person. I would recommend

Pros

Flexible

Cons

All about business

I Should Have Never Went back

Coming Back Here was A Mistake The Managers In my Department Are very rude and Messy They Give you Off the Wall Occurrences when Knowing you work everyday it’s Horrible Working from Home is Allot Worse The managers Ignore you when you need help There are only two managers in my department that will help you for sure There’s Allot of Favoritism as well They keep who they wanna KeepAnd Fire Who they wanna Fire There are people who have more than 10 occurrences And they still work There but there are people with 7 or less and get terminated

Pros

1 hour Lunch Good Pay Benefits

Cons

Horrible Management Non understanding Favoritism

Unprofessional

They will find every reason to fire. High turn over rate. Not even worth it. They constantly change rules in the campaigns an don’t tell anyone about them then say they did an write you up

Pros

Dress code is ok

Cons

High turn over constant hire constant fire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight