GC Services Employee Reviews

productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 18, 2018
overall Gc is a good company with great leadership however, the atmosphere takes some getting used to. besides that as long as you do your job you wont have a problem
Worst Job Ever
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 17, 2018
A typical day working at Gc Services was bad. .
What I learned from this job was nothing.
The management was childish.
The work place culture hired a variety of different nationalities.
The hardest part of the job was trying not to curse someone out.
The most enoyable part of teh job was seating any where and having unlimited overtime.
Pros
Unlimited over time
Cons
The bathrooms were always dirty and smelly.
Great to start with
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOFebruary 17, 2018
GC offers a great opportunity to those looking to test a call center environment. Once you've got experience under your belt it can be easy to advance as long as you're a good employee. Being in HR really helped me find my career path. I enjoyed my work here but due to their being little advancement in the HR department I'm needing to part ways.
Pros
Cafe, Experience, Busy work
Cons
No PTO, Salary cap
Financial Services Representative
Fraud Control (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Job consists on making or receiving calls from customers in order to make changes or secure services. Best part of the job would be the satisfaction of being able to help the customer.
A Good Stop Gap Job
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 15, 2018
GC Services is an excellent place for high school/college students, those who have recentky separated from military service, or anyone else in need of a temporary position or first job that pays moderately well.
Pros
Relatively easy work for decent pay
Cons
The job itself can be stressful and emotionally draining.
Fun place
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I had a blast working here only left to go and help with my mother and get my daughter then they didn't want to move back would love to go back to work there.
Boring
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Senior Business Analyst I
Oversee risk and analysis of bank owned and foreclosure properties. Review Mortgage Banking and Compliance Governance reports for possible impacts on Chase Property, resulting in over 500 required amendments to the VPR Matrix. Performed the research required to ensure that the matrix was updated accurately.
physical abuse and mentaly
Account Representative Analyst Collection (Former Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOFebruary 13, 2018
just start working my manager put me in a desk to make call and I did not know what I was doing. training was very poor because all I learn was about the trainer life and education
Pros
Cons
no good with stability lots of turn over
Pay is less than tolerable
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 13, 2018
maybe if the pay was a bit more competitive the job would be more tolerable. The company is not onw that I would personally ever want to work with or for going forward.
Pros
easy going
Cons
less likely to be promoted
Postives and negatives
Call Center Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 12, 2018
It is collections, it takes a certain personality to succeed in it. Its not customer service, your job is to collect money. In Lansing they do require you to be firm and consistant but polite, not rude, snarky or demeaning. If you do well, its hard to advance or transfer to other depts.. if you dont do well they focus on making you better. They are slow and skimpy on the raises. The bonus is the carrot at the end of the stick. It gave me good experience for dealing with difficult, upset, mad, sad, irresponsible people, (again, its collections) and multi tasking. It was a positive step on my way to something greater, not a career choice.
Pros
Consistant schedules, planned out a month at a time, 1 hr lunch
Cons
Hard to advance, pay isnt competative

Want to know more about GC Services?

Ask a question
It is a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 11, 2018
It is a good place to work. Because they have supportive staffs, employees can liable on them for help when they feel stressful. They are flexible schedule.
Pass.... there are better employers and quality of work.
Manager, Knoxville (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
First party and third will always be hiring as a result of high turnover and shuffling of clients. Decent job for recent high school graduates to gain work experience. Step up from fast food but some wages in service industry maybe higher.

Student loan division is on the rapid decline as GC Services was not awarded another contract with the Dept. of Education. Perhaps a focus should have been more towards being competitive than profitable.
Pros
Great bonus opportunity at one time
Cons
Lack of inclusion, development of management and laughable "culture"
Set work schedule
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 9, 2018
I always worked 40 hour weeks very easy job it can get hard with customers at times when they don't want to pay there bills but the good thing about the branch I worked for is they always paid and just needed a reminder
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Benefits and pay
Revolving door
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2018
This is a place to come if you have no other choices. You will have no work-life balance. The pay is very low for this sort of work and stress. I never stressed about going to work until I started working here. The typical day is getting on the phone and calling between 200-300 customers which most will not answer or hang up. They will sell you the bonus but few people will get it. People do not stay here long at all. Don't work here unless you really really NEED to.
Pros
1 lunch break
Cons
too many
fast pace
Fraud Prevention Rep (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOFebruary 8, 2018
You have to be a little computer savvy . Mostly high volume calls through the week but slower on weekends. Prices and money was won when ever call percentage was down.
Pros
free lunch win money a lot of overtime was offered
Cons
short breaks
Great Company to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I really really loved working for gc services, it was such a great company, great staff and coworks, great pay, great schedules, I loved my job at if services, would really love to go back!
Pros
pay, break, work schedules, great staff and coworkers
Cons
Collections Rep & Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2018
For clarification, it did not take a day or two for the decision-maker to offer me a position in October 2011. I was hired on the spot.

The company is a friendly environment. A nice place to work. Occasionally, the area one works (there are three) will provide free lunches ranging from sub-sandwiches, pizza, and worker inspired
potlucks (which one must participate in to receive).

They do have a salary cap which I am close to and want to leave before I actually do hit it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay
long time ago
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 7, 2018
It was years ago that i worked here. I did enjoy it but I was young and naive. Im not sure what it is like now. It was fine while busy and slightly boring when call volumes where down. Hows that?
gc services
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 7, 2018
providing information about a product, dealing with concerns and questions, reviewing customer accounts, or taking customer orders.personable and communicative. know company guidelines and be knowledgeable about subjects like warranties and return policies.
Okay place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 7, 2018
Appreciate the opportunity to learn and develop more customer service skills. However, there were a few issues with management and maintaining an organized setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight