GCA Services Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,435 reviews matching the search See all 1,449 reviews
I create reports
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2018
• Editing and deleting items from Purchase Orders, along with closing or cancelling Purchase Orders.
• Acquiring data through Coupa to create Excel pivot table reports.
• Contacting suppliers and sites regarding shipping and receiving items.
• Attended Sarbanes-Oxley review session.
Pros
Good Work environment
Cons
No parking, no health care
Don’t even attempt it in Wadsworth,Tx. If you want to succeed and move up. .. don’t join GCA/ABM because they want to keep the house keepers/ janato
Housekeeping/ Firewatch (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, TXJuly 17, 2018
Don’t join Gca/ABM in Wadsworth,Tx. They want to keep housekeeping/janitorial to themselves as if we were slaves. They don’t want good things for the’re employees. Heck No! They want keep the good ones when the good ones should exceed. I’m really upset and hurt by this company.
Pros
The company STP
Cons
No succeeding in this company
Ambiente laboral agradable
Mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 16, 2018
El poco tiempo que trabajé con la empresa, fue muy bueno, el trato de los supervisores y de los compañeros fue de mucho respeto.
Pros
Muy bueno el trabajo
Cons
Ninguno
Worst Job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 16, 2018
No room for advancement. The pay isn't well enough to sub stain off of if you have a family to take care of. some management isn't professional at all.
easy and laid back job
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
the job isn't a hard job at all. no room for advancement. and the pay isn't well enough to sub stain off of if you have a family to take care of. some management isn't professional at all. but the bright side you get to test drive a variety of new model cars and trucks. a job if your looking for something to do on the side and make extra money or if you need something to get yourself back out there.
Pros
drives different types of new cars
Cons
work in different weather condition, no benefits, no uniforms
Productive and a very relaxed enviroment.
General cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 14, 2018
GCA Services is a great place to work, they did offer benefits to fulltime employees, management is very professional and understanding, respectful of all the employees, overall it is a nice place to work.
Pros
Helthcare
Cons
short breaks
Unsafe
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2018
They put a lot of work on one individual instead of putting people together to have teamwork and get the job done the right way.They don't care about nobody personal things at home they only worried about you doing your job for them.
Positive Workplace
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 12, 2018
The environment is a great place to work. It is always good to be involved in the children's lives. I also enjoyed the staff and my co-workers. We all pretty much worked together whether it was moral support or job related support. I just feel like the pay could be better as well as benefits. We were always promised raises and never got them. I like working for them but it is kind of hard to support a family and work for them. Immediate management was very helpful and understanding. The hardest part is cleaning bowel movement off the walls and permanent marks. I learned so many things about cleaning commercial workplaces. Everyone always had a great attitude.
Pros
No really long hours
Cons
No good healthcare benefits
workplace was not god
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 10, 2018
Employees didn't get along! Manager was not a good leader! The hardest part of the day was cleaning classrooms! The supplies were very limited! Very hard to try to please the employer!
Pros
Going home
Cons
Lack of team work
dirty work enviroment
Floor Technician/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 9, 2018
The environment they expect you to work in is not civil. It is a very demanding job with unrealistic expectations of their employees. I was expected to stay more that 12 hours when other workers called in.
Gca
Driver (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 8, 2018
If you love driving different cars every day ,& having a healthy competition with your co workers ,this is a fun job for you , being on the road outside in the streets is great ,only thing is you are going to the same places all the time is kind of monotonous
Pros
Driving different cars daily, Out on the road
Cons
Traffic, Going to the same places all the time
Mornings
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJuly 6, 2018
Working with high schools have taught me that they are much like pre schoolers. They are messy at time and then they are cleaning but overall I loved working with them. Eveyday was something very different with them and I just loved all of the teachers.
Productive and fun place to work
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 6, 2018
Supervised up to 12 employees. Checked for accuracy being sure that employees cleaning capabilities met company guidelines. Scheduling and ordering supplies as needed. Conduct meetings. Made sure everyone worked as safe as possible and job was complete in the time given. If I had not been release from my job i'd still be there. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with management and constantly correcting employees but I loved the challenge.
Pros
Was able to do what i love most (supervising)
Cons
Management made poor choices
Very good work place.
House Keeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2018
I learned a lot at GCA, the skills that I did not have I picked up working there. the years that I worked at the hospital, and colleges where great to me.
Pros
Good Co Workers
Cons
Great work place, supervisor skills towards employees needs work
Lead custodain (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSJuly 2, 2018
Towards the end of my employment, my reason for leaving was the way they started treating me as if i didnt matter or what was to become of employees..
Pros
Great company ro work for
Cons
Bad managme towards employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2018
Busy job, but enjoy a customer service experience. Nice HR service, great co workers and hourly too. Close to my house at that moment. I had that experience to workat the office too.
Pros
No lunch free
Cons
No healthcare
Not a fun place work at.
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 29, 2018
GCA is a cleaning company. That don't pay you right for your overtime work. Manager talk to you like a dog. She layoff 7 employer. And hiring 7 new employee. Not a good place work at.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Two 15 minutes break
Company is not people oriented
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Fountain, COJune 29, 2018
Working environment is very unprofessional. The manager is young and uneducated regarding managing people. No benefits except medical/dental. No paid holidays or vacation. Co-workers are nice enough, but will back stab in a heartbeat. I would not recommend this job to anyone, unless they were desperate. Some of the warehouse people are very petty and miserable. The most enjoyable part is meeting nice people. Hardest part of the job is not getting run over by the fork lifts.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
warehouse
n/a
Area Manager- Account Managing (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2018
I appreciate the opportunity of being apart of this company, I enjoyed working with my staff. I appreciate the administration, without them my job would be very complicated.
Productive place
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 28, 2018
I was a little nervous at the beginning But my ex Manager was an Awosme person I love working for GCA, health benefits were not that good but Managment was Great I will go back to work for them if there is a GCA near by where I live.
Pros
Managment
Cons
Health benefits