GCA Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,576 reviews matching the search See all 1,591 reviews
Positive Workplace
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 12, 2018
The environment is a great place to work. It is always good to be involved in the children's lives. I also enjoyed the staff and my co-workers. We all pretty much worked together whether it was moral support or job related support. I just feel like the pay could be better as well as benefits. We were always promised raises and never got them. I like working for them but it is kind of hard to support a family and work for them. Immediate management was very helpful and understanding. The hardest part is cleaning bowel movement off the walls and permanent marks. I learned so many things about cleaning commercial workplaces. Everyone always had a great attitude.
Pros
No really long hours
Cons
No good healthcare benefits
Worst job ever
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 29, 2018
They where ok at first, then in time got worse. Management and supervisors were coming and going,meaning leaving their jobs. They were unprofessional hiring people meaning managers and supervisors they couldn’t handle their job or do their job correctly and the lack of communication to their employers. Stress their employers out to add more work then their job title. No pay raise at all.
Pros
The only pros to this is the fact that you get paid vacation days, and the fact that I was 40 hours a week that’s it .
Cons
No pay raises, no health insurance, no overtime, very disrespectful to their employers, Unprofessional in how they handled there company.
You Need a Second Job (if you work here)
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 6, 2018
GCA is a cleaning services company. Like much of the jobs landscape in North Carolina, pay is low, benefits are at cost to employees which makes these benefits unaffordable on such low salaries. Work was tedious, with every detail under scrutiny and extreme care had to be taken in every effort. Staff there were dissatisfied with working conditions, overburden of work coverage areas, management opted not to hire enough help but instead applied the uncovered work to their limited maintenance specialists.
Pros
Cons
The overall company lack of fair management.
driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2018
I a big Joke I worked over 120 hours in one week time I ask for a couple days off the next 3 daYS NO

Overall the balance is somewhat okay. Work is consistent but can be very demanding at times. Employees are not being compensated for the extra assignments and duties they provide nor is there an opportunity for a raise. You have to dress appropriately for the weather as you are not provided rain gear, etc. You get moved around a lot and really don't know what your real position or job title is. Management makes things harder than the need to be because they don't communicate on the same page all the time. Driving vehicles you know you can't buy or afford does have nice benefits; if you're in pursuit to buy them.
Pros
A joke
Cons
Getting time off its a joke
easy and laid back job
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
the job isn't a hard job at all. no room for advancement. and the pay isn't well enough to sub stain off of if you have a family to take care of. some management isn't professional at all. but the bright side you get to test drive a variety of new model cars and trucks. a job if your looking for something to do on the side and make extra money or if you need something to get yourself back out there.
Pros
drives different types of new cars
Cons
work in different weather condition, no benefits, no uniforms
Management was a big problem!!!
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 21, 2018
Every pay period someone had a problem with their pay. They would have to look for the lady who does the time and it seemed like she was hiding but everyone waited for or when they caught up with her she wanted to talk snappy to them. She was also know to show favoritism to some workers like her cousin who got away with a lot like telling lies on people he didn't like and getting them fired letting people fuss and almost fight and not get fired. They have changed the name of the company but she is still there.
Pros
no one bother you, you could work alone
Cons
no raise but they always added more work
take better care of your people
Environmental Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2018
It could give some sick time and more vacation time because 1 week is not enough.It could compensate and show you appreciation when you have to work alone in a job for 3 people.
People of the same family should not be on the same shift.As a team this means we all should have a voice.When we work alone we should have some cross train people who can step in an work.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
you have to ask for a raise. And there is no sick time no personal time.And no way to earn either
Do not work for this company! They don't care about the employees! Supervisors are rude & incompetent
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 16, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for! Supervisors are rude bullies, incompetent and lazy!! No benefits , no paid days off & you never get a raise because they are always OVER THEIR BUDGET!
Pros
Cons
Everything is a con
Do not work for this compnay!
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 13, 2018
Management is useless.....no chance for advancement. People are earning the same amount of money they earned 6 years ago. No raises! Lousy healthcare benefits. Do not have the proper equipment to complete the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
With the merger of ABM the environment became horrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 13, 2018
Work for GCA was a great company until the merger of ABM managers and supervisors never came to visit the site to address the issues that were causing employee problems it seemed like ABM was just worried about a contract that they merged into with GCA most of the supervisors very inexperienced and not trained to supervise they are very discriminating and racist towards all employees they also showed very poor leadership its shut your mouth and work or get fired not a very exciting environment to work around when the merger of ABM.
Pros
Not at all
Cons
Not at all
I don't even know how to properly describe it.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 5, 2019
All you need to know is that my first building lead would brag about making people quit or at least chasing them out of her building. My second building lead quit one day after screaming in my face and threatening to get me fired, then I was not informed that my lead had quit for somewhere around 2 weeks. I saw my supervisor once a month if I was lucky. and even getting the little extra money that you get from working night shift, I only received $9.20 an hour, and my supervisor only made $15. it's absolutely not worth it. I knew some people who would sneak onto a few building's roofs and get stoned at work and nobody would notice.
Cons
Actually everything
Not too good.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 6, 2018
Love the co-workers I have but if you even try to call management for anything you can leave emails and text and calls and you will never receive any contact back. No pay increase. They don't seem to care too much about their employees. They expect quality work with little pay.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Salary, management
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35811December 8, 2018
It is easy to advance with GCA Services and learn new skills.
Management is great and the employees are wonderful.
The most enjoyable part of GCA is the people.
Pros
Easy Advancement
Cons
No longer in business
No Job Security
NIGHT WAREHOUSE PORTER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2019
The company does not provide job security, and operates at a loss with assignments in the Long Island Region. They are unable to get and hold onto contracts with clients.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Company Benefits
A job beats no job
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Pittsgrove, NJOctober 31, 2018
GCA is ok job if don't have one. My biggest complaint with the company is that you are only a number. And the fact that in 2016 I recieved a 1% raise and the same time my insurance went up 8%
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Your just a number
Hours could be hard
Janitorial/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 19, 2019
Regularly you worked 8 hours a day. If it snowed, you were forced to work 12.
During an outage (when the turbine went offline for maintenance) which occurred 2 times a year, it was mandatory 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week, which could run into a month and a half. Depending on how long the turbine was offline.
We also had to take, and pass the same tests the Nuclear Power employees had to take and pass, but were not compensated financially for.
Pros
Steady work, some benefits, it was close to home.
Cons
Pay, and hours.
Company that could care less about its employees
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Hiram, OhioMarch 9, 2018
We were told we will not earn anymore vacation time, weither your here for 2 years or 20. Also you may not get a raise even though they hired someone to do your job and are paying them way more than you even though you have the location experience. We were told we can talk to managers and even HR if we have an issue or are unhappy, then we were told if your unhappy you should probably just go find another job cause nothing is going to change. Are you kidding me?
Pros
Haven't seen any
Cons
Basically everything, expect you to work your butt off and kiss the clients behind with no incentive to actually work hard
Miss some of my coworkers
Off campus housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAJune 20, 2018
Overall, I have worked for GCA for 4+ years. I enjoy cleaning and for my Family's sake I wish I was still working there. I think the company needs to do a better job with who they give their manager positions to. Other than that, the Company wouldn't do bad if they find people who are going to do right by their employess.
Pros
Heard it was good benefits
Cons
Can't trust the management
Easy work but short staffed,bad hours,poor management
Sanitation/wash bay (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 16, 2019
Always short handed and the work kept being piled on the ones who were working , favoritism towatds the first shift employees, problems werent addressed by management,
Pros
It was usually easy work if you were quick
Cons
Co-workers not held accountable for doing their job, too much needing done, not enough help, bad health ins.low wages
Bad management
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 10, 2018
The company is cheap they don't give raises or vacation, if they do give vacation you can only take 1 day at a time. the management has so manay standards for them but no one has the crews back. What do the crew have to work for nothing. The only good thing was the on site supervisor was awesome she stuck up for us but alway got her butt yelled at for it.
Pros
crew
Cons
compnay and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GCA Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.