GCA Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,498 reviews matching the search See all 1,513 reviews
I would let my dog work for this people 000000 RESPECT
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNSeptember 17, 2018
People in each other's business fighting with co workers supervisor talking down on there people.

*watch out for coworkers
*no respect
* not worth it
Cons
not good company to work for
HOUSE KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 17, 2018
A typical day working within assigned site for gca ,was very stressful.U are looked appond as if u are'nt anybody ..Some employees ;and mangers were very disrepectful etc,,,, gca supviser ask alot of u and have u thinking issues are being handle ..When all time they 're accommodating client .Adding more work to list and was 'nt in contract. When we express self within meetings about pay and other issues . It /we were told lies .We didnt receive pay rise but recevied more work. Only enjoyable part of job were shut down .I've learn to be carefful what ask for just might get it . In to find out how it really are behind doors .
Pros
Co workers some are friendly
Cons
Low pay
met some good people
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 15, 2018
had the opportunity to meet some good people and would not mind working with most of the employees again. Appreciate the opportunity to have worked with the company.
Fun workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TN 38305September 15, 2018
The supervisor was a great man, days went very well without stress and it was no drama. My day would start off by greeting the the staff at the school and then getting my cleaning things together. Each meeting that we had it went well not to many disagreements overall great place
Pros
Great work team
Cons
Hours and Pay
School grounds
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 14, 2018
We cleaned the high school at night I had a crew of 9 that were the best crew. They new there job and executed it . I was proud to be there supervisor.
it was a job
Rental Car Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2018
it was a job but the hours were so little and there was no benefits. I enjoyed working there I just need the benefits for health care and I need a full time job
Great learning experience and ability to work without direct supervision
Regional Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 10, 2018
The hardest part of this job is no notification time when a job is ending and you are assigned to a new area. GCA does what the customer requires. Customer service is more important than the contract. Days run 10 to 12 hours plus travel time. When new accounts start it is a 24 hour a day job and you must answer your phone when called, no matter the time The educational division has many restrictions on what is and is not acceptable for employees due to being around K-12 students and college students. Making sure that employees set good examples keep you on your toes.
Pros
Uniform shirts provided
Cons
Sometimes breaks are not possible. Work during holidays
Good fun
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Hernando msSeptember 7, 2018
Good work place good people to work with .Good environment.I like working with the schools teacher and superviser.I like coming and working and getting my rooms clean.
Pros
Good teachers
Cons
Dont take breaks only work 4 hours
Productive work environment
Account Manager I (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 6, 2018
Positive values
A positive mission statement outlines the goals and demonstrative behavior that exemplify the highest commitment to quality and service to each other, the company, customers and shareholders. The company sets out to achieve its goals in ethical, honest ways with an elevated sense of purpose to improving the planet and humanity.

Commitment to excellence
Employees give 200%. They strive to be the best and to deliver top-quality products and services. They take responsibility for their actions and decisions.
Productive and nice workplace full of kids
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 5, 2018
Well it is a very nice place to work. If you don't mind cleaning up for over 500 plus people and having everyone depending on you For eight hours a day five days out of the week. Most of the people are very nice and friendly but sometimes me personally i didn't feel appreciative. I know iam a very hard worker that gets the job done.
Work hard
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 5, 2018
You have to work hard depend on what they want you do office or school sometimes no boss not there with u everyday just yourself and sign in to work work alone no help. Money is okay,
Pros
You make ur own luch
Cons
Short breaks
Nothing else to say
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 4, 2018
Good place to work, that’s about it oki am currently working with them and don’t plan for n leaving, but I would like to work another job with this one
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Not enough money
Don't waste your time
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville ALAugust 31, 2018
Don't do it to yourself. This company doesn't care about nothing be the money and not safety. It's always a manager trying to get over. But taking your hours.
Pros
Cons
All of it
Enjoyable relaxed atmosphere.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 31, 2018
Company is a good place to work because Supervisor is awesome and coworkers the best! The pay is minimal. The job is great for supplemental income.The job requires a lot of time on your feet and is great for a fitness program.
Pros
Supervisor and employees awesome
Cons
Low pay
Good vibes
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint joseph,moAugust 31, 2018
I loved my job. It was good hours my boss becames more like family and all and all it eas a good job. I really loved the fact you got paid vacations and benifits. It was a family orented job.
Poor Ignorant Management, On Call 24/7, No Concern For Employees
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Hiram, OHAugust 29, 2018
You come in at 8am for a morning meeting with management and co-workers. Sometimes you are given work orders to complete during the day. I felt it was a complete waste of time. For a large college campus, I was the only plumber on site for almost two years. This put a tremendous burden and stress on me because every plumbing issue was urgent in nature and fell upon my shoulders. I was literally on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. So I was unable to enjoy my time off due to consistent fear of being called in. I was written up twice for fairly honest mistakes. I had a feeling that I was on my way out by the way I was being treated by management on a daily basis. I would routinely be insulted by management by them making snide comments to me. For example, one day I was seriously ill and called in sick. The next day management tells me its about time I show up for work in front of my co-workers. The second time I was written up I went to management and explained to them that I was seriously overwhelmed and prone to make mistakes. I told them I would be willing to perform any other job on campus. I was then told I would be gotten back to and this never happened. I continued to perform the same job. Management would force you to accomplish repairs to piping even if you felt unqualified to do so. One day in the gym, we had a minor leak in a 3 inch pipe. My manager more or less was forcing me to repair the pipe even though I told him I felt uncomfortable in doing so. I ultimately refused to do so. The communication was seriously poor and apathetic in this organization. The hardest  more... part of this job was being called upon by several different people during the day about plumbing issues; you could never complete tasking without being interrupted. Workplace culture is very cutthroat and you are in constant fear of losing your job.  less
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor management, On call 24/7, No sick days
Worst job ever
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 29, 2018
They where ok at first, then in time got worse. Management and supervisors were coming and going,meaning leaving their jobs. They were unprofessional hiring people meaning managers and supervisors they couldn’t handle their job or do their job correctly and the lack of communication to their employers. Stress their employers out to add more work then their job title. No pay raise at all.
Pros
The only pros to this is the fact that you get paid vacation days, and the fact that I was 40 hours a week that’s it .
Cons
No pay raises, no health insurance, no overtime, very disrespectful to their employers, Unprofessional in how they handled there company.
take better care of your people
Environmental Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2018
It could give some sick time and more vacation time because 1 week is not enough.It could compensate and show you appreciation when you have to work alone in a job for 3 people.
People of the same family should not be on the same shift.As a team this means we all should have a voice.When we work alone we should have some cross train people who can step in an work.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
you have to ask for a raise. And there is no sick time no personal time.And no way to earn either
The school was a wonderful place to work but as for the company it was not
Jantior (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2018
They really didn't have cleaning supplies all the time. They really did not care about their employees sometimes. But o can say that they made sure they brought your pay check to you on on pay day
SEPTIC CLEANING (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 23, 2018
I worked in the company for many years under a different owner. They wanted me to staid there letting me know I will have a raise which never happen.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GCA Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.