GCM Grosvenor Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
It gave me valuable experience but there was no room for advancement.
Cybersecurity Intern/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2018
They don't really hire tech people very often. That's the only downside. If you're female and work in this department expect to almost exclusively work with and around men. That in itself is not bad but it does change how you have to conduct yourself (depending on your personality).

All my mentors were extremely helpful and knowledgeable! When I switched from development to security I noticed a change in environment. Development was very regulated and quick paced but security was more about self governance and driving yourself to get your own projects started and finished. Often times the security department left me to figure out and architect things on my own because the team was small and we were picking up new technologies that the company had never used before!

The hardest part of my job was figuring out what I was supposed to do. The role of an intern was so general that I essentially had to write my own guidelines and search for work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I had great managers and mentors who were always able to direct me to the resources I need to complete my projects.
Undervalued IT Department
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
Business is not willing to invest in IT to advance operations. They are more concerned about keeping the lights on and reducing costs. Little opportunity for advancement and even smaller opportunity for learning/training.
Stable Company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2017
The company is stable but there is no room for an employee to grow. Overall, it is a good stable company with a steady income. There are monthly birthday party and summer happy hour.
Good work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Good place to work. Great culture. Good work/life balance. Good benefits and compensation. Good management. Great office location, and nice office setting.