GEARY PACIFIC SUPPLY Employee Reviews

Great people, but be very cautious.
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMay 4, 2018
68-73 hours a week is normal, don't expect anything less.

No mileage, travel or per diem after third month for multi state territory as a "cost savings measure" This is a huge cost out of your pocket if you take this position and want to remain employed.

7 managers each with a different opinion on your duties and territory is normal, cannot keep them all happy.

You are expected to be "on call" 24/7 and during vacation, so expect phone calls, texts, and emails during this time. Homework is given Friday evening for your weekend, so time off and down time is virtually impossible.

Lower than average pay, no commission, and the annual bonus was 1/5 pro-rated and not the amount as promised.

Cannot work remotely.

Very high micromanagement by managers.

Do not think internal conversations will remain confidential, everything gets back to the top.

Was expected to do service and electrical work even though i am not a tech or have any licenses. Would be held responsible for any fines associated with.

Was responsible for association memberships and plan center memberships.

Condescending managers burn bridges with employees and customers, its your duty to mend these relationships.

Was reprimanded for not throwing my coworkers under the bus, having my snow tires taken off and going to the dentist during the work week.

Management is not trustworthy, they will lie to employees as well as customers making broken promises to both parties.

Great group of regular guys to be around. My fellow coworkers were awesome, just be cautious of management.
  more...

Great insurance plan.
Pros
My fellow coworkers were awesome!
Cons
long hours for little pay
Good work environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2018
There is always work to be done, sometimes you will need to find self motivation and be creative in making and following your own work ethics. Prior knowledge on products would be more beneficial for some.
working habits
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2018
Typically the day starts off wondering if we are going to get yelled at for something that we had nothing to do with or no control over. The day then progresses into only 2-3 warehouse workers doing the jobs of what would take 5-7 workers easily. Nothing seems to ever get done around the place due to the fact that we always seem to get more and more tasks added on.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Always seem to have to work on lunch and never get compensated
Great place
Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 19, 2017
Your general HVAC supplier, awesome people and environment.
free lunch and donuts often.
Great place to advance and move up, knowledge of HVAC supplies would greatly benefit you here.
great company
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2017
great company, the transition from HVAC supply to Geary Pacific Supply has been rough not easy on the management side of the business. Other than that great benefits.
Beware
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2017
Be ready to go somewhere else when the honeymoon is over.

A whole lot of attitude in the building.

Like I said before, have something in the pipeline at all times.
Pros
Nice lifer's to work around
Cons
cut throat upper management--beware
busy, positive
Counter - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 7, 2015
Over all wonderful experience. There are some opportunities for growth, but minimal and raises are slow to come. Outstanding benefits, really enjoyed my co-workers, management a little difficult during an extraordinary period of growth. hardest part was keeping up with work load during seasonal bursts. Juggling foot traffic, phones and sales support, warranty processing could be overwhelming at times. Dress code casual due to nature of the business and work shirts provided made daily getting for work streamline.
Pros
Outstanding benefits package
Cons
Too many levels of management from top to bottom
Employer was great to the employees.
Credit/Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2015
Great company to work for! If you needed anything they would do whatever they could to get it done. The pay scales were great!
Nice HVAC wholesale company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Geary Pacific was a nice heating, air conditioning & ventilation wholesale company.

I learned a lot working there & enjoyed my time with the company.
Business Development
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2014
I am at work at 7am and build a plan to see my clients. I work independently so I have to be motivated to stay focused. I sell A/C to contractors so I have to make sure that I network every chance I get. I like that no day is the same and I always get to meet new people.
Pros
Great People to work with.
Cons
Lots of time driving.
IT Assistant
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 24, 2014
In order to succeed in this position one must truly be a self-starter. You need a strong IT background and must be able to train yourself on most items that you are unfamiliar with. Do not depend on having someone available to answer questions all of the time, as you will need to research many of these issues yourself since the Management is often not available due to business needs. All of the staff in the corporate office are nice and friendly, but they are all busy. Make sure you read all of the training materials, and to enter the tickets into the call tracking system thoroughly. During the hiring process you will be asked to take several tests, a drug test, a personality test and one which shows your aptitude towards math and problem solving abilities. Do give this your best as the company over all is good and the people are too!
Pros
Family Owned, not many calls, the network is stable.
Branch level is good. Upper Management needs work.
Branch Supervisor/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZDecember 3, 2013
I worked for this company for 12 years. I wish I could have worked there 20 more. If you have a good education and score well on your caliper you'll do fine.
Pros
Great benefits, vacation, 401k, health, dental.
Cons
No loyalty.
Terrible place to work. They take major advantage of employees.
Counter Man (Current Employee) –  EarthApril 8, 2013
Over worked and under paid. The "main guys" at Geary Pacific could care less about their employees. A few guys who are managers are able to call the shots and they treat guys unfairly. They purposely have tried to screw me and I am a good guy who has turned my branch around completely but have gotten no credit for it! Worst job I have ever had.
bad place to work
Warehouse Manager / Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 20, 2013
over all bad place to work do not apply bad people mgr. do not care
Takers
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 28, 2012
I gave and gave and the company kept taking and taking. I loved sharing my experience trust with the company leaders. They balked at most of my ideas then implemented! Still know folks in the organization and they are still using many of my suggestions. I'm happy to make things better for others.
Pros
disconnect between sales tasks and management understanding of key challenges and opportunities.
Cons
low pay, high stress, little gratitude to refuel for the next epidsode.
productible and fun place to work all in team work
general Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Anaheim,CaliforniaMarch 12, 2012
shipping and receiving,drive forklift,clamp,used pc for receiving RF scann,make label for Ups,Fed-ex,domestic and expor documentation.
Pros
good atmosfera to work
Cons
short breaks
Job Seccurity can be obtained
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee)October 5, 2011
It is hard to memorize the HVAC equipment names and parts numbers and codes, but if you do you can assure yourself job security.
Pros
employee appriciation
Cons
90 day evaluation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEARY PACIFIC SUPPLY. Our community is ready to answer.

GEARY PACIFIC SUPPLY Reviews by Location