Gecko Hospitality Employee Reviews

Fast-paced workplace with great culture
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 25, 2018
I love that there's opportunity for advancement within this fun and collaborative company. Workdays are always exciting with changing tasks. The corporate office is supportive and very helpful with whatever you need! Everyone wants each other to succeed, the environment is extremely positive!
Successful Outcome
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 31, 2018
I had a great experience. I had been looking for a job that was compatible with my experience as well as quality of life. Georgia has been with me every step of the way! She gave me options, set me up with interviews, and always followed up. I landed a management job that is a good fit!
Pros
Quality of Life, Exceptable Amount of Demand
Cons
Wait for health insurance to kick in
Great company and one of the best franchise models!
Franchise Partner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2018
As a franchise partner, I could not ask for more support than what Gecko currently provides to all the franchisees. Great work to life balance and limitless income possibilities; it is a great company to be a part of and I am glad that I am part of the Gecko team.
Best career decision I have ever made!
Franchise Partner (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 23, 2018
I love working with the team at Gecko! Even though many of us are in satellite offices, everyone is willing to help you. I am excited for the future! Culture is fantastic and the home office is very supportive and always there to help!
Great company to work with!
Executive Hospitality Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2018
I have the opportunity to work from home which is amazing for my family life. I have never had this quality of life before, and with the added bonus of unlimited compensation, I plan to be here for a while!
Great work/life balance!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2018
Gecko Hospitality provides an opportunity to work from home with a great work/life balance. The flexibility of working as a recruiter allows me to always be available for my family. The Gecko team is fantastic; plenty of support and ongoing training. Everyone on the team is willing to provide guidance. An outstanding company culture with strong support from the corporate office make Gecko Hospitality an excellent employer!

It is extremely rewarding to be able to provide opportunities for those who are looking for help with their career, as well as provide help to clients who need assistance securing top talent for their organization.
Pros
Flexible schedule; work from home; unlimited income potential
Cons
100% commission
Great Place To Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 22, 2018
Absolutely great company to work for. Changed my quality of life and time with family. Tough to get started, as most things are, but once you established sky is the limit. You get what you put into it.
Pros
Great opportunity, great pay, awesome support from corporate office, sense of team
Cons
Awesome team to work with!
Franchise Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
While I have been with Gecko for a brief while, I can say I truly enjoy working with the entire team. Everyone is very helpful and I have not encountered anyone that didn't want to see one another succeed.
Top Hospitality Recruiting Firm
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 21, 2018
Gecko Hospitality has been nationally ranked as one of Forbes Top Recruiting Firms of 2018, and working here I know why! The Franchise Partners and their Recruiters and Staff have been wonderful to work with. I know everyone enjoys placing candidates with our clients throughout the hospitality industry.
Pros
Great location, Awesome Managers
Great Culture
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 21, 2018
There's never a dull moment working within Gecko Hospitality. Knowing that we're pairing our candidates and clients to their perfect match while helping franchise partners across the nation has been extremely fulfilling.
Pros
Understanding Managers, Collaborative Workplace, Freedom to Express Ideas
Great Concept
Customer Service, Data Entry and Multi telephone (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 13, 2018
Great buisness Concept. Fast paced managment placement for restaraunts. Searching data banks to fill those jobs. Management was great. Loved the way that it was ran, Potential of advancement.
Completely misleading
Culinary Hospitality professional (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 10, 2018
As a culinary professional with 35 years of experience in the food service industry I've had several contacts with gecko hospitality. Since my contacts with gecko Hospitality have been a different offices around the nation my conclusions are representative of the company as a whole. Beyond ambiguity and equivocation of recruiters I have repetitively found that the salaries posted for jobs are rarely if ever what they truly are.

After experiencing this a couple times I simply block their job postings unfortunately indeed no longer has that option
Bait and Switch
Resturant Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 13, 2018
I applied for a job with a mid 5 figure salary with benifets located where I lived. Once I had interviewed and been offered the job, I was informed that I would actually be working at their restaurant 40 minutes away. The salary advertised was $14,000 more than what I was actually offered. I stuck with it with the promise of being moved to the the restaurant closer to home, where the ad had led me to believe i’d be working at the whole time, after a training period. After this 8 week period had come and gone I was told they would need me to work at another restaurant located an hour and a half away. With this there was no offered raise or other incentives. Tom and his associates come off as friendly and wanting to help, but My experience with Gecko Hospitality and their client was ultimately not what was advertised, was unfulfilling and set me back in my career by almost a year.
Pros
Cons
plenty
Great place
HOTEL RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  NYFebruary 8, 2018
Great place to work - always opportunity for advancement if you work hard and prove yourself. Great company who cares about their employees, unlimited time off
Very fun
Social Media, Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 30, 2017
Staff is amazing, I loved working for Rob. Would recommend to anyone. Working here was very stress free as long as you know your stuff in the industry.
Great and Credible Place to Find Work
Support Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 18, 2017
Gecko Hospitality is known to be one of the best places to help business find people to hire for those tough jobs to place. It is very credible and has many recourses to help out their process. They have a great staff and are always willing to help.
Pros
Credible, Helpful, Useful
Cons
N/a
Fantastic Company for your Hospitality Needs
Franchise Owner/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 19, 2017
I can't say enough good things about Gecko Hospitality! The Management, the Support Team, the Franchise Partners and the Recruiters are all team players and willing to take the time out of their busy schedules to help fellow colleagues, existing clients and candidates at any time. The morale throughout the company is second to none and this company delivers the results!
Pros
Positive Morale, Teamwork, Great Leadership and Successful Business Plan
Great place to earn unlimited income
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoy working for Gecko however it makes it difficult as the only source of income as it takes 30 days or more to get paid and you are an independent employee so no benefits/health insurance
Great Company
Corporate Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 8, 2017
The CEO/President worked with me and his rule is school comes first. I am treated very well and the work isn't hard to do at all. If you do not like to write I do not recommend this job.
Pros
Great Work/ Life Balance
Cons
Writing
Great Place To Work
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 30, 2016
Gecko Hospitality is a fantastic company to work for. Such wonderful people and a great work environment. It's very exciting to be a part of all the great work that Gecko does!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gecko Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

4.9