Geeks On Site Employee Reviews

Poor company
Independent IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2019
It's the worst company to work for. You will be loose your home if you work for them. You will be lucky if you can earn $100 a month. You used your car to travel for their job, no money for travel unless it it over 30 miles from your home. traveling time is no pay. you could travel 40 minute each way and work for only 30 minutes. you will just get pay for $25 for the whole job. you can only get one or two jobs per week. After your gas money you may only get $35.00 per week. Plus you will have files tax your self because you are 1099 employee.
Pros
Cons
can't live with their income
Great for experience
ONSITE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 16, 2019
If you need the experience in computer technician, this is the place to start. The work isnt complicated and you provide services mostly for the elder. It give you the happiness feeling at the end of your job that you helped someone solve their issue.
Worst Place I've Worked
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2019
The management talks down to you and treats you like a child. If there's an issue with a customer they tend to place the blame on you no matter what the issue is. There are not enough clients to warrant working with this company, you will not make nearly enough working here to justify being employed by these people.
Easygoing job
PC Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2019
It is a part time job. Do not expect to support your family with this kind of job. If you get a couple of works in a week you are lucky. It is like Uber: great to make an extra money.
Good Compensation terrible hours
Residential IT Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2019
The hours provided are subpar and it is fairly rare for me to get jobs within my specified hours. The pay however is quite good, just not enough hours to support myself financially.
tech
On-call On-Site computer repair technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 13, 2019
Complete work orders and move/add/change requests with general direction, including patches, upgrades, software deployments, installations, repairs and preventive maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers and related systems while completing documentation.
Shady to contractors and customers
Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2019
Doesn't pay for your time unless on site, your mileage etc. Company says they are Florida based, no they aren't. They are in Peru, the people you deal with are in Peru. Their help desk is in Peru and doesn't know what they are doing. Help desk will sell products to customers that they don't need and have you install it. Customers are usually old and taken advantage of. I did 3 calls. All 3 these old people were charged for a huge bank of hours they don't need. Two of these cases they were sold software they don't need. One of these the person was sold a license for Microsoft office. They already had an older version of office that simply needed to be reactivated. Ethically couldn't do this and they weren't even paying me well to help them rip off customers. Do not work for these people
Pros
Let's you do things your way
Cons
Everything else
an On site job
Onsite Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Not really a busy job, it has a felxible schedule, you work on your own, most of the calls are end users (Home users) and few business calls, it could be a second job but definitely it can't be the main job, you don't make that much, and it's hard to pay your bills.
Poorly Managed
IT Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 16, 2018
The biggest issue I had with this company was that they had no idea what the other team's procedures were. I had to constantly verify with other groups involved in my case management. They also do not side with you.
Pros
Hours for working
Cons
Bad Management
I am a contractor for Geeks On Site
Computer repair technician (Current Employee) –  GroverOctober 5, 2018
I like the fact that I get to set my own schedule and each assignment is verified against my schedule each week. I also like the fact that they pay me twice a month.
Pros
easy to work for
Cons
dispatch is not available after 2pm EST.
Travel and meet new people and do something you like
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 11, 2018
always on call for hours you choose you can work. Meet many different people. Learn about living styles and cultures. the worst part of job is traveling site to site using your own vehicle. Most enjoyable was meeting different people and getting to know them.
Helping people with computer problems and more
Excellent company allows you to dictate the time that you can work.
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
What was great about this company as you could work a second job. You could decide what hours you were able to work and how far you're willing to drive. They pay you for the toll way and as well as if you had to drive extensive longer longer miles they compensate you extra money for this as well. Your pay is $20 an hour and if you spend 10 minutes there on that first hour that you're there you still get $20.
Not a good place to advance/ never get a raise.
Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 17, 2018
The left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing at this company. They call, call, and call you for B.S. I have never got a raise, bonus, 401k, benefits, anything to make me want to keep giving them my time. There is no advancement. They screw you on gas and tolls, which there are many in my area. They are always posting on job boards, because its easier to hire someone new than give you a raise. Their call center is constantly getting new people, because of a high turn over rate, wonder why! Find another company, is my ADVICE. Good luck if you succumb.
Pros
None to think of
Cons
Pay, gas compensation, no advancement.
Few hours and too much traveling
Field Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Even thought it is well compensated, the amount of jobs is not enough to stay busy. Their ways to sells part are ridiculously expensive, unfair and ineffective.
Pros
Absulute flexibility, high hourly rate
Cons
few hours, too much travelling
Excellent place to work
Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  LimaSeptember 25, 2017
Fun place to work, had all the tools needed to get the job done and the best thing is that you had always help when you requested it.
Great benefits,,
I have always loved doing my job for this company.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 24, 2017
I started with GOS going on two years, I have always loved doing my job for this company. I help out mainly elderly (the boomers) and help them get up to date with all the changes of our technological world. Also we do a lot of different services, I have even helped out with surveillance, network cabling, network set up ect.
Pros
I have always loved doing my job for this company.
Cons
I have had to travel a lot
Great for contract work
Provide technical support and PC Repair (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 17, 2017
Fun and challenging work. See something new every day. Meeting new people is the rewarding part of the job along with being able to fix someone's computer problem.
Good Technical support and extensive knowledge base.
IT Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2017
While I was there I received very good technical support when on site. The knowledge base was very extensive and quite useful for me.
There is a very short learning curve, mostly none at all. New hire employees are expected to know everything already.
Pros
Support and database.
Cons
No learning curve for new employees. Jobs are not scheduled at good time for the employee, I was always having to put other things on the back burner.
National Computer repair Service underpaying their subcontractors
Computer Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 28, 2017
The work provided by this company is of variable value, dependent on the skills of each of its subcontractors. All costs for travel, materials, even printing of bills was pushed to the subcontractors. Over all, if you were an excellent worker (such as myself), who could solve most problems in an hour, the worker lost money. Not worth the time and effort on my part for merely 25$ per hour (minus all expenses).
I enjoyed helping the customers. The hardest part of the job was that Geeks was charging them 100$ per hour, while paying me 25$.
The workplace culture was to delay and overcharge, two things I really did not agree with. A Typical day was to get a call with little to no information, drive to customer site, diagnose and resolve problems, and leave.
Cons
Cost of doing business with them
Not enough work to live on
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 8, 2017
Not enough work, office staff doesnt know enough to ask questions about the exact problem that a customer has.I would expect to get alot of work from them.
Pros
work your own schedule
Cons
not enough work