Geeks On Site Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent company allows you to dictate the time that you can work.
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
What was great about this company as you could work a second job. You could decide what hours you were able to work and how far you're willing to drive. They pay you for the toll way and as well as if you had to drive extensive longer longer miles they compensate you extra money for this as well. Your pay is $20 an hour and if you spend 10 minutes there on that first hour that you're there you still get $20.
It
On-site computer and network technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 14, 2018
Qualifications, Professional Experience, Education, Skills, and the like. Adding unfamiliar headings like Affiliations, Publications, or Memberships...
Not a good place to advance/ never get a raise.
Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 17, 2018
The left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing at this company. They call, call, and call you for B.S. I have never got a raise, bonus, 401k, benefits, anything to make me want to keep giving them my time. There is no advancement. They screw you on gas and tolls, which there are many in my area. They are always posting on job boards, because its easier to hire someone new than give you a raise. Their call center is constantly getting new people, because of a high turn over rate, wonder why! Find another company, is my ADVICE. Good luck if you succumb.
Pros
None to think of
Cons
Pay, gas compensation, no advancement.
Few hours and too much traveling
Field Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Even thought it is well compensated, the amount of jobs is not enough to stay busy. Their ways to sells part are ridiculously expensive, unfair and ineffective.
Pros
Absulute flexibility, high hourly rate
Cons
few hours, too much travelling
Excellent place to work
Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  LimaSeptember 25, 2017
Fun place to work, had all the tools needed to get the job done and the best thing is that you had always help when you requested it.
Great benefits,,
I have always loved doing my job for this company.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 24, 2017
I started with GOS going on two years, I have always loved doing my job for this company. I help out mainly elderly (the boomers) and help them get up to date with all the changes of our technological world. Also we do a lot of different services, I have even helped out with surveillance, network cabling, network set up ect.
Pros
I have always loved doing my job for this company.
Cons
I have had to travel a lot
Great for contract work
Provide technical support and PC Repair (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 17, 2017
Fun and challenging work. See something new every day. Meeting new people is the rewarding part of the job along with being able to fix someone's computer problem.
Good Technical support and extensive knowledge base.
IT Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2017
While I was there I received very good technical support when on site. The knowledge base was very extensive and quite useful for me.
There is a very short learning curve, mostly none at all. New hire employees are expected to know everything already.
Pros
Support and database.
Cons
No learning curve for new employees. Jobs are not scheduled at good time for the employee, I was always having to put other things on the back burner.
National Computer repair Service underpaying their subcontractors
Computer Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 28, 2017
The work provided by this company is of variable value, dependent on the skills of each of its subcontractors. All costs for travel, materials, even printing of bills was pushed to the subcontractors. Over all, if you were an excellent worker (such as myself), who could solve most problems in an hour, the worker lost money. Not worth the time and effort on my part for merely 25$ per hour (minus all expenses).
I enjoyed helping the customers. The hardest part of the job was that Geeks was charging them 100$ per hour, while paying me 25$.
The workplace culture was to delay and overcharge, two things I really did not agree with. A Typical day was to get a call with little to no information, drive to customer site, diagnose and resolve problems, and leave.
Cons
Cost of doing business with them
Not enough work to live on
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 8, 2017
Not enough work, office staff doesnt know enough to ask questions about the exact problem that a customer has.I would expect to get alot of work from them.
Pros
work your own schedule
Cons
not enough work
Good place
Tech 2 On-Site Support Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 7, 2017
Work your own hours, be willing to travel.Great place to get started in the industry! Can't stress enough how you need to be willing to travel, that's the key to success here.
Independently Contracted
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Only been working for the company a short period. Good so far. Since the work is in the Quad cities, I have to drive a ways but its ok because they compensate me for gas.
Pros
Love the work.
Cons
None so far
If You Like Making Money for Geeks Onsite
FST (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 11, 2017
If you want to be paid twenty-five cents on the dollar then this job is for you and no mileage reimbursement just a flat rate this is the job for you yeah
Pros
Cons
Twenty-five Cents on the dollar
Sham Company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 9, 2017
I was very excited when I first found this company because it offered flexibility in setting hours, and the potential wages ($30-35/hour) sounded great. I was hired on 14 December 2016. Then nothing. Not a single trouble call. This is partially due to the fact that the company is based in Peru (despite their Miami address) and the "dispatchers" don't have the first clue about the area that the independent techs service

Then, I received my first trouble call today, 9 January. It was for a customer who couldn't remember the password to their Verizon e-mail. Geeks on site wants to charge this man an arm and a leg for something he could call Verizon and have done for free (reset the password). All I would have been able to do on site is call Verizon on behalf of the man (if Verizon would even talk to me).

On top of an expensive charge to the customer, I would have been spending gas out of my pocket for this ridiculous call that the company will not reimburse for. If I have several calls like that a day, I'm losing a significant amount of any earnings I make in fuel costs.

The company is absolutely shady. They try and get customers to buy these expensive "blocks" of time, when often the problem is a quick fix or the fix is simply for the customer to get a new computer. On top of all that, they place a ridiculously high markup on parts.

Do yourself a favor, if you see this company in a job listing, look somewhere else.
A day with GeeksOnSite
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I work from my home. I get a call and an email describing the particular job, customers name and address and what gas reimbursement is to be paid. I then go to the customers home or office and solve the problem. These problems cover a wide range of issues from common internet connection issues to removing malware or completely reinstalling their operating system.
Pros
Work on my own schedule
Cons
Not enough work
Ok for part time
System Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 1, 2016
Not too bad of a place to work however, they were not able to keep me fully occupied on the days that I had available for them it became a problem as I would take time out to be available and no jobs would come in. I never had a problem getting paid it was always there on time when it was supposed to be the only problem I had about this was that you had to be set up sort of like a business so you had to handle all the taxes yourself.
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
Never enough work
I love this opportunity.
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 8, 2016
Great company let's us make our own schedule so at my availability. Gas re compensation, nice staff I have received a lot of experiences in two years and keep evolving with technology and getting paid I love helping the people I have met.
Pros
Great company, make our own schedule, Gas re compensation and commission.
Cons
none to me
Horrible experiences...
Onsite Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 10, 2016
While I LOVE the job, this is not a place I would choose to work again...
1) The pay was okay, when they would pay it.
2) Dispatchers are idiots.
3) They "hire" you as an independent contractor, but I'm challenging that now because, when they terminated me, they said I shared my personal information with someone. Other than my NAME, I did not. And they owe me for the last week they had me running over the state to do their appointments.

They also have an unenforceable "non-compete" in their "hiring" contract. So this should all end up pretty interesting.

The only good thing about this place was the people that I would go out to see and help, other than that I wouldn't work for this place if you're thinking about it.

If you amass a good amount of time and pay they get rid of you for "sharing your information"
Pros
Decent pay, decent hours
Cons
BS they give you in order to get out of paying you for services.
IT Specialist
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2016
My day consists of troubleshooting and problem solving for different customer home and business. I have the opportunity to meet and help hundred of people
Pros
Pay is decent if you're lucky to get a job, you set your hours
Cons
Not enough jobs, you need your own tools and supplies
Good Pay, once you got it
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 27, 2016
During my time at geeks on site it became pretty routine that they would assign me tickets with the wrong information and then it would be updated later, sometimes a ticket would be setup for the same day it came in, then later on switched to an appointment next week (not so great when you're already at the scheduled appointment location)