GEICO
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 5,476 reviews matching the search
Featured review
GEICO selected this as a representative review
Best management I've ever had and everyone is there to help each other succeed! There are so many opportunities to move up and so many people to help you achieve your goals. It can be challenging but it keeps the job interesting!
Super stressful. Regardless of tenure or skill and performance you can be “unliked” and fired at the drop of a hat. You are just a number. The pay is very good, that’s how you get trapped working there for forever but then you can be gone and fired over being late a few minutes where there are “favorites” who do whatever they want way worse than what you can be fired for. They completely disregard mental illness and childcare/motherhood duties.
Pros
Pay, bonus, health insurance
Cons
Break time adherence, down to the minute can get you fired, Constant supervisor changes and an unreasonably small amount of leave.
Great management. Teams work together. Can always ask anyone for help and are willing to help. Excellent benefits. I loved the shift I worked. Definitely push you towards promotions and advancement
Metrics are not attainable, for the amount of work you do pay is not where it should be. They have you working non stop; the job is mentally exhausting.
Pros
Set schedule, vacation, and sick time.
Cons
Metrics
A very stable and financially sound company. You give the company every ounce of energy you have, but it's never enough. You'll walk in everyday, fresh and ready to go; but, when you leave at the end of the day you'll feel like a gutted deer hanging in the woods. They've found the mental breaking point of a human being and they will set your goals to within a hairs' thickness below that threshold. HR and management cannot seem to grasp why over half the building is on FMLA for mental health. Really? It's by plan. If they micromanage and control the swarm of fish (their employees), then only those chosen few will eek by. This company drives goals while constantly moving the goalposts on you when you're not looking. You have 5 key performance indicators and these are monitored by your manager, supervisor, and a convenient app on your PC. To succeed every 90-days (and prevent a coaching plan or process improvement plan), you have to beat the system. A carnival game of sorts. Otherwise, they'll hold your job above your head like a carrot. They build you up during the hiring and training process, then they systematically tear you down. Piece by piece. Bit by bit. Ultimately, you'll either: get promoted and achieve company greatness or you'll become nothing more than the bag of bones you are. You will achieve excellent calls or "A" calls in both quality and customer interaction; however, you'll still be coached until you are blue in the face. They cannot and will not let you win. This is a high-volume call center. You punch-in, take an endless non-stop stream of calls, go on lunch, - more...
Pros
They have a great family fun day each year. And, thanksgiving and Holiday dinner.
Cons
Treats employees like they are in high school (i.e. snack and juice box day, circle time); The ridiculous goal package; Soulless Corporate B.S.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Work long hours without overtime. They pay overtime but expect certain productivity and only pay overtime when approved. Management is too focused on numbers
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too much work load and constant criticism
Geico is ust eh. You have to have A perfect call basically every call to even receive a paycheck. Too much stress for just a simple 30-40 thousand dollar a year job
Pros
Job security
Cons
Management, micromanaged
I absolutely love my job. As with anywhere it’s always going to be hectic with work to do. Geico is fast paced because it has to be to get the job done. Metrics are important because we can’t have people slacking off. You have to want to help other people out and truly possess empathy for people that have recently went through a traumatic event. There is vigorous training and you are expected to pass tests in order to determine if you are a fit for the position. Be prepared to learn and give it all you got and you will be rewarded for your efforts. I make significantly more now than I did when I was hired but I had to put in the time and effort to prove I was worth it.
Pros
Hour lunch, flexible schedule, benefits, relocation potential
Cons
Constructive criticism
On call is ridiculous. You have to work 80 hours a week. Sometimes you are on the phone doing nothing because it’s not an issue you can solve. But then management complains you are not productive. Sometimes you get calls late at night and still have to come into work a full 7.75 hours the next day. You have to be at work even if there is six feet of snow outside. They use a badge reader like a time card. If you are not in the building for 7.75 hours a day, it’s considered fraud. Your name goes to a VP if something goes wrong
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Micromanaging culture
Show much favoritism towards certain agents. How are you going to succeed in a company when the favoritism is so high. And when you talk to the manger about it he just ignores it and says the numbers do not show favoritism but when one agent gets all the inbound calls. Felt like was lied right to my face
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Too much Favoritism
The pay is good and the job is easy, but it's all scripted and the way they do your metrics works against you. They also will blame you if your office computer isn't working and won't pay you while IT fixes it, which it can take days for IT to get back to you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment
Management and training is great, benefits offered are strong for the industry. Personally, job was a bit stressful taking back to back calls for eight hours day. Not for everyone but if you are extroverted you may love it.
This company does not value their employees. Good pay but not a good company. Management sucks but excellent coworkers. Company does rate increase to customers in order to get a bonus check
I had a great time at the internship, with amazing coaches. I learned valuable skills about presenting and analyzed the business to figure out how we could make it better. Great internship!
The training I received was amazing, and the pay/benefits are excellent. I’ve been with the company over 5 years, and the paycheck is the only reason I haven’t left yet, nowhere else comes close, but with all of the recent changes even that is getting harder and harder to justify. I used to enjoy doing the job, now I find myself making excuses as to why I stay, especially in the last year. Since the start of the pandemic it has become abundantly clear that the work/life balance they love to preach is all lip service. There was (and still is) no consideration given to people with children or other things going on at home. You’re expected to sit at your laptop for the entire shift and not miss a single phone call, and because our laptops have to be connected to the wall while we wear wired headsets there is literally no ability to move for the duration of the shift. If you go to management at all, the standard responses are “other people make it work,” or, “we’re all struggling.” The workload is intense and it feels impossible to keep up. If you want to take time off, you’d better prepare and make sure future tasks are done before you leave, because there is no help while you’re gone and when you come back they’ll start piling more work on you as if you never left. If you get behind in anything, there’s no assistance and it’s heavily implied that you should work un-paid overtime to catch up. I’ve spent many nights logged in until midnight or later and I know a lot of other people doing the same. The problem is, management sees employees getting work done and assumes they’re - more...
Pros
Good pay. Good benefits.
Cons
Micromanagement. Impossible goals. No work/life balance. Uncertainty over future work options.
Overworked highly stressful . They only seem to care about numbers and customers. Employees are under appreciated. They threaten returning to office from remote work if you don't meet the unrealistic unattainable goals. When in reality if every employee wanted to return to office or was unable to work from home during pandemic They would have been in a really bad position. Stop making it seem like you did us a favor.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Stressful
Geico has a very pleasing profit sharing 👌Geico has very depth and constructive training, benefits, fast advancement and job opportunities. Although the job maybe stressful and very high in demand, it is very rewarding. Do not think you can just slack off here. You work hard, it will show in your paycheck.
Pros
Training, benefits, profit sharing, management, culture
Cons
Workload, Consistency, demanding
Training was the best training i've ever been apart of. Felt like family. As soon as you hit the floor it's a different story. Very micromanaged, calls are screened..breaks are short and monitored down to the second. Very good benefit. Put the stress is not worth it in my opinion. Service agents are expected to do what feels like everything. What's the point of having special departments to handle things, if service agents are expected to take care of it and not transfer. Very high stress and call volume.
I learned a lot about the insurance industry and the training program is great. However, the positives end there. Everything is about metrics and numbers. Nobody cares about your ideas and you aren't treated like a person.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Terrible communication from upper-management
Expectations are unrealistic. Company only cares about metrics. Training was a joke compared to what you’re actually expected to do on day to day tasks.
Pros
Profit sharing
GEICO is a leading employer in the middle GA area for a reason. The entry level pay is higher than what most any other company in the area is going to offer with little to no experience or secondary education requirements. The company offers the best benefit package I've ever had with low cost medical, dental, vision and many other typical insurance plans available. The medical plan specifically was one of the best structured ones I've encountered with relatively low co-pays and a ride provider network through United Health Care. The 401k plan through Vanguard is well performing and a great retirement tool. The annual profit sharing is probably the biggest incentive the company offers you won't find elsewhere. It results in a typical 10% company contribution of your salary and ranging between a 5% to, most recently, a 20%, cash payout bonus as well. The daily life is similar to any other call center. You are typically on back to back calls for 8-10 hour shifts, depending on business need, and schedule assignment with 1-2 15 minutes breaks and a 30 minute lunch resulting in a 38.75 hour paid week and typically 5 8-8.25 hour days a week. You have minimal, if any, choice in your schedule coming into the company, but there is usually some flexibility within 6 months to a year for shift bids. It will typically always require working at least 1 weekend day depending on the department, but it is at least set to where you don't have to worry about fluctuations. Long term goals and career progression vary. There are typically always a myriad of options for other positions available, - more...
Pros
Profit sharing, excellent benefits, long term stability and progression opportunities, good starting pay for are but not necessarily the field entirely
Cons
Short rigidly scheduled breaks, constantly changing goals and procedures always trying to keep operations lean and efficient, high turnover resulting in understaffing, very high volumes and wait times make for a stressful environment at times
  1. Employee Reviews