GEICO Employee Reviews

Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2018
Great company, but required a lot of mental and physical energy. Work is non-stop and breaks are short. Management is helpful and available to work with different schedules.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Overworked
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 19, 2018
Great company to work for but with most call centers the basic job is difficult to do for a long period of time. Call volumes are high year round so not a ton of free time and every metric is tracked from your availability to your individual calls being recorded. If you are looking to make money this will help you but it is difficult to move up unless you have support of management and beyond exceptional number
Overall
Sales /Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 19, 2018
It was a very eye opting time spent there and with fantastic customers that I will never forget. and the team was so hard working day in and day out. From the time schedule getting changed to all the new people coming in and out of the office.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
no benifits
Sometimes hectic financial institution
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJuly 19, 2018
A typical day can vary depending on different situations that tend to arise. I have learned to pace myself and take 1 day at a time. Management listens to all concerns and is ready and willing to step in and assist.
Pros
Meeting and building new relationships
Geico Glass Claims
Emergency Roadside Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 19, 2018
Process incoming calls in a large call center environment. assisting insurance customers with claims for damaged vehicles and for towing assistance and assisted with any additional questions regarding glass claims
Pros
Great benefits
Do not work here
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 19, 2018
Horrible place to work. Unprofessional and incompetent managers. Workload is tremendous for very little pay. Awful work life balance and stressful. Everyone who works there is miserable.
No room for growth
Imaging tech (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 19, 2018
At Geico, they tell you ,you have room to grow but you really dont. I tried so hard to switch departments and it was impossible to do so. Also ,your numbers have to be at a certain average everyday and if they are not, you get demoted or on a warning. Also,they swap supervisors every month it seems like.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion
Cons
No room for growth, high health insurance costs, a new supervisor every month, is not understanding of family and emergencies.
Fun Place to Work
HUMAN RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJuly 18, 2018
Without GEICO, I wouldn't have discovered my passion for HR and desire to advance my career. GEICO is full of talented people with a passion to succeed, and I would recommend this company to anyone starting their career.
Great place to work!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2018
I loved working for GEICO and was very sad to leave due to my complicated pregnancy. Throughout they were extremely helpful and did everything they could to work with me.
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 17, 2018
Solid work place would recommend I have nothing bad to say about the job
It’s just a intense customer service job and not for every one
Still a wonderful company
Productive environment with opportunities for growth and advancement.
Examiner (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 17, 2018
I've been able to promote quickly over the years. I've enjoyed the benefits and discounts. I've also formed a lot of good friendships with some of the associates and management.
Challenging but rewarding, fast paced
Combination/Auto damage adjuster (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
While GEICO, local management,benefits and pay were great, it is what it is. Don't expect much downtime very busy days . If you can't multitask it's not for you. To me the worse were the amount of phone calls.I was very lucky the Team and Management I was under were great all around. Would do it again !!
Pros
Great benefits, Local management was great.
Cons
a bit stressful at times.
Motivating Environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 16, 2018
I absolutely loved working for GEICO. They motivate their employees and offer the most amazing opportunities to help you advance in your career or advance your personal goals. I highly recommend anyone who is interested apply to this company. I would have loved to stay with them but due to being a military spouse I had to move and there wasn't a Claims office where I moved to.
Pros
Motivating, lots of down time, great leadership and environment
Cons
High work volume you never stay on top of anything
Nice place to work
Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Woodbury Hts, NJJuly 16, 2018
Great experience, the day went by fast, management was very involved in your work quality. Overall a great experience however, the salary wasn't enough for the cost of living in newyork
Fast paced and high energy workplace.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 15, 2018
The company is very stable and has the ability to provide a lifelong career to employees. The culture is very motivational, energetic, and competitive.
Pros
Cafeteria and cafe for employees, fitness center on site, and great benefits.
Cons
Hard to take time off for family if needed in emergencies, management was sometimes hard to locate due to large call team sizes.
Geico Is a great place to work and forever changing.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 14, 2018
I just wish the management would slow down on rushing training and also providing us with better coaches that would rather be there to help you and not belittle you.
Pros
Free lunch, healthcare etc
Cons
Vacation sick time
Great place to work!
Performance Management / Sales (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 13, 2018
GEICO is an amazing place to work! They are one big family. I didn't feel like I was a number. They always made a point to invest in their employees and make sure they were being helped the way each individual employee needed.
This job caused a nervous breakdown for me
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 13, 2018
The stress caused from this job and their system of handling customers caused a nervous breakdown that I'm only now, 3 years later, recovering from. Do not work for GEICO.
Many options for a career
Senior Payment Recovery Examiner (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 13, 2018
There are many different jobs within the company and each have their own unique experiences. I work in claims. It can be a fast paced and stressful environment. If you move out of the call center the pace changes. Still fast paced but less hectic.
Management doesn't always feel like its on the side of the employees. Often times new procedures are instated without input from the employees.
Pros
Great salary, great benefits, onsite cafeteria and gym.
Cons
Micromanaged.
Good pay and benefits
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 13, 2018
Good pay and benefits. Management changes frequently. Expectations are sometimes unrealistic. Large company with a large company feel (you are part of the machine)
Pros
Pay Benefits
Cons
unrealistic expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

65%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

39%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.