GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

United States4,780 reviews
Found 4,780 reviews matching the search
Featured review
GEICO selected this as a representative review
Best management I've ever had and everyone is there to help each other succeed! There are so many opportunities to move up and so many people to help you achieve your goals. It can be challenging but it keeps the job interesting!
High floor, low ceiling
Great benefits, good pay. Limited room for advancement. Similar to other call center positions, there are a ton of lower-level employees, a fair amount of supervisor positions, and very few management (and above) positions.
Good company
Geico is a pretty good company to work for. It can be tough at times. Insurance isn't a very fun industry. Teammates and supervisors were typically very helpful.
Dont do it
Best way to describe it is prison you cant even go to the bathroom with out being questioned supposed to be ready to work before your shift then get stuck on calls well after your shift and yelled at bc you didn't clock out on time like wtf
Great company culture with plenty of opportunity for advancement
As an intern at GEICO, I was very thrilled with how much effort management puts into new hires. At our office in Carmel, IN, there are a ton of great lounges and party games (Pop-A-Shot, shuffleboard, mini golf) that keep employees entertained on breaks and make the office feel like home. The pay scale is very straightforward, and the benefits package is second to none. As a nation brand, GEICO also offers plenty of opportunities for paid relocation as well. I would highly recommend learning more about GEICO through the interview process.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Bad culture, Bad company and very arrogant
The culture in this company is really bad and out dated.
Managed by very old managers who knew nothing about software development.

The culture is very aggressive and threatening all the time.

It is a bad company to work for, unless you are lazy dummy old man, then it is so suitable for you.
Fun workplace with a lot of opportunities available
I really enjoyed my time here at GEICO. They are an amazing company that truly cares about their employees and their customers. They are dedicated to helping you reach your full potential and are very inclusive in every aspect. I loved working here, only reason I'm not is because of COVID-19.
Geico is a great company to work for. Tremendous opportunities for growth.
The best place I have ever worked so far best culture and very flexible hours my only complaint is the limited opportunities for working from home. I think they could make it at least 3 days a week instead of 1 day a week
great management great
great management great pay it’s a good starting job for people with no experience they train pay for CE & your License if you like customer service it would be a good fit for you
Good place to work in this economy
I left GEICO recently for medical reason. I worked there 10 yrs. I loved the people. Training in the Home owners dept is very good. There is always support they want you to succeed. If I had the opportunity I would love to work there again in the future.
They will micro manage you to death. Very high turnover
couldn't sneeze without asking permission first. Management refused bathroom breaks for five hour stretches throughout the shift. Every single call was reviewed and graded
Amazing
GEICO was the best work experience I have ever had. The company throughly trained you and wanted growth from within. The benefits were reasonable and good.
fast paced, exciting work
I came into this work with no background knowledge, I was taught everything and given the tools to succeed. I was able to provide a level of customer service that allowed me to quickly advance my pay
N/a
Great company, great training program, great work life balance, great opportunities for advancement, great managerial support, great job culture, great cafeteria
High pace and high demanding job
A typical day is of answering phones, returning voicemails, working auto claims, and filing legal paperwork. I learned a lot about the details of decision making from an accident. Liability and medically wise. Management is variable, lots of turn over in positions.
Upsell
Assisting customers using language in such a way that is actually deceiving. You can find yourself in need of a supervisor and actually have to walk around the building to find one, if your lucky. Many supervisors are condescending to agents and generally aren't helpful. When a state policy increase was rolled out we were actually given a raise in anticipation of angry customer calls instead of the tools to handle it. Pays well but it is definitely earned. Very frustrating. It is required to obtain upsell quotas every month or termination. The job itself isn't that difficult, just lack of organization internally causes it to be.
Diversity
Geico still has some work when it comes to promoting minorities
Other than that great pay flexible just no promotional opportunity’s if you have color in your skin
Took the life out of me
It takes the life out of you. I honestly don't even have the energy to write a decent review. I am constantly looking for a way out. The pay and the benefits are getting to the point where it is not even worth it for mental health reasons. I consider myself a very hard worker as in my past several jobs I have never felt the way I have felt working at GEICO. There is no work/life balance. I can't even begin the micromanage situation. If it's not one thing it is another. GEICO itself is a great company for what it offers on the outside (pay, benefits, security), but again, the job itself (phones, customers, call-center life) is not worth it. Everyone stays because of the benefits and that's how you get locked in, but there will be a point where it isn't worth it anymore. Stress/depression of back to back calls, no time in between, and not knowing what kind of customer you are going to get. One minute over your lunch? You better believe you are staying that one minute over your shift (and they highlight you in red on the email you send out if you are over your break/lunch). They expect you to be there on time (even before time), but they don't wrap you up on your last call until the minute your shift is over, which 3/5 days you will be staying AT LEAST 10-15 minutes over your scheduled time because you are stuck on the phone with that last person. Toxic environment. They do try to make things "fun and family oriented" but it still doesn't beat the stress you bring home. I would say if you can handle that type of work environment and you don't bring things home easily, then go for - more...
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Micromanage, Bad phone calls, No breathing room, energy-sucking
Very overwhelming
Working with Geico wasn't all to great. I wasn't trained properly and that lead to my failure with Geico. The office manger acts like he listing to but he isn't. He would ask what you needed help in or if you had any issues and wouldn't do anything about it... You will get blamed for others mistakes because your new. You will inherit others work and have to have fix there mess... It is a very overwhelming job specially for the paralegals and secretaries the case load is too big for everyone. All the secretaries & paralegals complain about how behind they are and overwhelming. This was one of the most stressful jobs I have had ever.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Tons of work, just too much work for one person
Sink or swim mentallity
Your success depends on your supervisor Good one and you do good Bad one and you will struggle You are left to your own and if you have questions you get different answers
Cool company and good pay if you're a seller
The company is good but it has this culture of sale, sale, sale if you aren't good at selling then you will be frustrated becuase you aren't gonna be able to move up. Also, customer is always right even when using profanity and yelling your ear off you can't lose your big smile.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K
1.2K
1.1K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight