GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 3,128 reviews matching the search See all 3,142 reviews
Great opportunities
Senior Examiner (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Great benefits and environment. Easy to learn, great training and coworkers. I highly recommend.
Wonderful place to work
Insurance Agent (MOAT) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 19, 2018
GEICO is a wonderful place to work with unlimited opportunities for growth and development. You have the potential to receive raises often and everything is performance based.
Trying to do better
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 19, 2018
I have been rewarded for my work, but I don't feel that I have been given a workload that allowed me to do my best work. Scrum has not been fully embraced. There are teams using scrum terms, but they don't actually adhere to the methodology. There does seem to be some attempts to be better, but it is slow-going. People are very nice.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Tendency to think "that won't work here, so we have to make it fit our culture"
N/a
Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 18, 2018
Many years ago GEICO was a company that had a genuine concern for their employees and customers. Over the years they have become focused on profits and numbers. Opportunities for non-degreed associates are non existent. Management is taught to micro-manage their associates. People are treated like machines and the company only is worried about results.
Pros
Fair wages and good benefits
Cons
Poor management; Lack of communication, Unsatisfying work opportunities
Stressful enviorment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 18, 2018
While working here they wanted the 440 agents to pass an internal call certification but they never had anyone coach the agent who was failing they would wait until the agent only had a couple days left to pass the call cert and then have another senior agent coach them. At that point it was to late and the agent would fail the call cert and they would then terminate the agent. I also watched an Agent get terminated and the agents manager was celebrating in front of other agents and making a scene and showing their obvious excitement at someone else's failure. Not very professional at all, very rude!
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Continued Education
Cons
For me it was the commute, Hours
Fast paced, but great people
CSR (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 17, 2018
It is a fast-paced, sometimes stressful job, but the benefits are great and they pay pretty well and the people who work there are amazing. So many different types of people, but they all have great personalities and are good, honest people who you quickly befriend.
It all depends on the department
Service (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Your experience will differ by department. Some are more stressful than others. Each department almost feels like you're working with a different company from within, depending on where you are.
Pros
Small Gym, Cafeteria, Benefits, Profit Sharing
Cons
Parking, Breaks, Favoritism within Management
Very stressful
Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 16, 2018
The poor management of the department has left me with no other choice. But to look elsewhere for employment. The manager is not approachable. The entire department is set up for failure. There is very little communication from the manger. The manger works from 2 different locations and when she is in the same location and the majority of her employees she is very standoffish. She only speaks to few people in the department and has made several undesirable comments about many people who work for her.
Pros
Free onsite gym
Cons
Poor management
Good job for college kids
job interviewee (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 15, 2018
The management/HR people here seem to be very inexperienced and immature.
This could be a good job for someone right out of college but if you are an experienced professional I would not apply.They are unqualified to evaluate your experience.I did not work here. Turned off by type of interview questions which were geared to high school or college kids.
Pros
good pay for inexperience, just memorize scripts, good for nonthinkers
Cons
immature management, frat-like culture, scripted, robotic, demeaning
Run ! I wouldn't even recommend this for a High Schooler
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2018
This job is horrible! First off it's a call center and was not advertised as such. Emergency roadside is the bottom level off all the positions there. I have 4 years worth of customer service experience and they told me I'd be making $13.88 just to start out. Their communications is a joke. Hiring process they sell you a dream about their benefits when first off they don't tell you you're not even working a full 40 hours They force a schedule on you and the only way to secure a day off is by checking with your supervisor 1800 times. Lets not forget you can't have ANY days missed first 3 months or your're fired. Out of all the people I started with in every department there is only maybe 4 people left . And I personally know 2 out of that 4 are still there because they HAVE to use their vacation time to even look for another job. Last but not least they make almost anyone that's worked there for 3 years a supervisor and the training is extremely inconsistent. It's sad to have incompetent people who oversee you just because they were desperate enough to stay there for so long
Pros
business causal dress code, casual weekends otherwise you have to pay for it
Cons
The job itself 1
Good benefits/compesation-not worth the stress
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Good opportunities however far & few between as far as growth goes. Good benefits/pay. To robotic like-no sense of individuality. Sometimes unrealistic expectations.
micromanaging, bullying environment
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 14, 2018
too much work, everyone is overworked and there is no payment for overtime. Supervisors are disrespectful, bullying and HR is aware and doesn't do anything about it.
Productive and fun place to work
Billing Counselor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 13, 2018
GEICO allow its employees room for advancement and growth academically and financially. Yearly bonuses along with commission for sales associates. The biggest challenge is not falling asleep in between calls on the graveyard shift.
Pros
benefits, room for advancement
Cons
bathroom breaks
Promote from within culture/Not family friendly for working moms
Management Development Program (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 13, 2018
I personally was not a mom at the time, but the rigid PTO structure (no approved time off during the first 6 months) would be impossible for me as a mom now. I don't see how my coworkers that had young children made it.

They do promote from within, so if you are an experienced professional do not expect to start out doing much. You will start out in an entry level position and have to move up over time.

Workload is intense. At times I felt like I was drowning and I never felt like I was catching up or on track.
competitive wages
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 12, 2018
fair reviews - great advancement opportunity. It was a great place to work. Geico has a SUPERB claims training program. Tuition reimbursement, great benefits.
Stressful with Poor management
Professional Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Geico's salary is great but it's not all about salary with jobs and this is one of those jobs. Management does not care about their representatives and will look at you like a number on a spreadsheet. Supervisor's do not advocate for you in situations and because the job has no union there is no one to fight for associates and management can fire you on whatever grounds that they'd like to.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Poor management, micromanagement, Overall just numbers
Run!
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 11, 2018
Very stressful and unfair. They have unrealistic goals to meet and expectations. If you don't meet them they will fire you in a heartbeat. Not an ideal place to work and be stress free and happy.
Not enough time
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Typical work day carries, learned a great deal about automobiles and estimating damage, management carries by location not enough concrete answers. Not consistent.
Work was fun and busy
Customer Service Accident Tow Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 11, 2018
Great work environment and great people to interact with. Great benefits; discounts and other incentives throughout the company. Great location and pay
Upbeat environment to work in
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 11, 2018
Place is decent to work at. Job itself is fairly difficult. However there’s a lot of assistance all around, everyone is really nice and the lay is very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight