GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

United States6,382 reviews

Found 6,382 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,407 reviews

Featured review

GEICO selected this as a representative review
Best management I've ever had and everyone is there to help each other succeed! There are so many opportunities to move up and so many people to help you achieve your goals. It can be challenging but it keeps the job interesting!

You do NOT want to work here

Hands down worst company you can work for. You are Miss treated, overworked and disposable. They would much rather hire new employees then promote within and treat their current employees fairly. They don't mind having a revolving door. It's the most stressful abusive position I've ever been in

Pros

Cons

Literally everything

GEICO insights

Based on 3,456 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Great Benefits,hard work.

The work load was not always equally distributed, there was favoritism. I think the benefits are amazing. Profit Sharing was a plus and 401 match was good.

ERG groups. If you're not marginalized", then, watch out. Good Luck.

great place to work if you keep your mouth shut and DON'T offend anyone by referring to DEI initiatives as 'exclusionary' or the Constitution as an amazing document and the founding fathers as heroic.

Extensive training

Training lasts for months. You get run into the ground. Everything is numbers based. If you don't produce numbers you are at the bottom of the list for everything. How you handle your calls is not looked at once so ever ever.

Micromanaged and underpaid

At GEICO, the culture supports that they don’t trust their employees (no flexibility in start time) and they show that they don’t value or appreciate their employee because of low compensation and appreciation.

Great

Great place to work if you want a nice secure and honest job …. Health benefits, the managers go above and beyond for the employees, no other place that I would like to work

Its ok

It is far behind the standard as far as paying its employees and tech for employees to use. It pays the least in comparison to the other major ins companies.

Good place to work if you're good at the job

If you're able to do the job well and efficiently, its a great job for work/life balance with great benefits and pay. Minimal advancement opportunities as the only level up is supervisor and those roles are typically filled within your territory and thus may require relocation. Great perks with company vehicle and personal mileage allowance. Overall a good gig.

Workload

Workload is unreasonable. Even with great work ethic and high efficiency it is near impossible to get everything completed in the timeframes expected by management. Good pay and benefits.

I’m still in training but so far so far

I’m still getting to know the company during my month or so of training but overall I’m liking it. I feel supported and I’m gaining the knowledge I need to be successful

15 years wasted

Geico has been on the decline for several years. They are no longer competitive in the workplace market, poor communication, lack of strategic vision, very few benefits for associates. Turnover is at 50% in many areas because of how poorly we are treated. I’ve given 15 years to this company only to be continually disappointed.

Growth and Development

GEICO is the company you would enjoy working with to grow your career as a Claim Adjuster. There's growth potential within 3 to 6 months of employment. GEICO supports their workers with the tools to succeed. Supervisor and managers are extremely supportive to assist you with company knowledge for success.

People are great, processes are not

Unclear attendance expectations until you get a memo. Geico tries to be fair, but sometimes advancement is who you know. I don’t recommend coming to this company if you have a ton of outside experience bc they won’t consider it. You have to go through a bunch of Geico hoops like classes and personal development to advance. I am extremely underutilized and I don’t have time to go through the motions again in my life.

Amazing Company

GEICO is a great company to work for and they value their employees. GEICO is like a family. I highly recommend working for this company. They give employees a share of the company and match your 401k contribution.

Great for People without young kids.

Great company for individuals without a young family. You have to earn PTO and Sick time per paycheck. My shifts were 9.75 hours so it would take me 2 1/2 months to earn one day of PTO or Sick time. Definitely not beneficial for parents with young kids who get sick very often.

Stressful Mess

I don’t recommend working here. If you are looking for a job that involves work life balance this is not the place. The management is awful and if you go to HR and report it, you end up getting in trouble instead of management. The calls are back to back and they are super strict about breaks. The pay is decent but not with your mental health and stress. PLEASE DONT WORK HERE

Tedious and anxiety-inducing

The pay is good, and there is a lot of training involved. There's just no room for advancement. They want you on the phones forever, which is good for some people. To ambitious people who want to grow within company, Geico customer service is not for you.

Not worth your time

No job security, no assistance from management, and they only care about your numbers and prod. You are only another head to fill an unoccupied space.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, no free time, constant harassment for “fake” connections

Overall pretty good

Management was really weirdYou could have a really lax and nice manager or you could have a manager who focused only on Calls per day and getting people to get house insurance. And if you got the later like me it wasn't a fun time

Company is ok but customers can be abusive

Ok place to work. Customers are often abusive. Often Inflexible schedules….Shared, small work stations. Micromanaged to the nth power although direct manager was very kind and supportive.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Short breaks, schedule

Common questions about GEICO

Answered by current and former employees at GEICO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare GEICO with

• GEICO
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?