GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 3,310 reviews matching the search See all 3,324 reviews
Productive and Caring Workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 17, 2018
GEICO takes pride in their associates. They take care to educate their employees and develop them into career paths they want. The benefits offered by GEICO are some of the best.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Focused
Great co-workers but terrible management. If they focused more on their operating principles, it would have been a great place to work.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 17, 2018
It would be a great place to work if the management worked with its employees to build them up and help them grow rather than view them as tools to meet numbers and improve profitability. There was always a feeling of fear underlining everything that you could go at anytime and they would just bring somebody in to replace you.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
terrible management, minimal career opportunities, horrible office culture, poor work-life blance
The work was too stressful
Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 16, 2018
Didn’t like the job because it wasn’t too stressful and I always felt like I was working. I dealt with rude customers everyday, ones who’d cuss me out for something that wasn’t my fault.
Stressful work environment
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 16, 2018
Geico is a great place to get your foot in the door of insurance. It is not for everyone. Compared to other insurance companies, adjusters are paid well under the average, especially for the amount of work that is being requested of you.
Run
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2018
Run. No amount of money is worth this job. They will literally time you on your bathroom breaks and if there is a true emergency and you cannot come into work they will make your life awful. Company and co-worker shaming is tolerated and even saw a co-worker get "Booo" ed when he came in late because his kid was sick. If you have no soul and can tolerate having a target on your back then this is the right fit. If not, don't apply.
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Productive work environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 15, 2018
A typical day at work in claims consists of working new accident claims reported in to geico and settling bodily injury claims. what i have learned is how insurance works and what it consists of to make me a good adjuster.
Caring
Commercial sales (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 15, 2018
GEICO has so much care for they're employees. They will always make sure you are able to focus and are always there if you need any help whatsoever...
Great Place for Growth
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2018
Company culture is amazing. Everyone is willing to help you succeed. There is plenty of room for advancement. Work/life balance is fair. Many times you are stuck with a schedule you don't prefer until you are able to promote and choose a better schedule.
Terrible Job With No Regard For Employees
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 15, 2018
Worst job I have ever had the unpleasant chance of encountering in my entire life!! If offered run far away and never, ever look back. If I could give it a zero I would!!
Cons
Have your game face on and be diligent
Service Counselor/Payment Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 15, 2018
GEICO is a very good, and fun company to work for but you have to be ready. It can be stressful but it's really up to you. Make friends fast because you need each others support to stay motivated if you're in customer service or accident claims.

They promote a lot from within which is why it seems as if they have a high turnover rate. They only choose 4 out of 100 applicants so "sell yourself" when you get chosen for the interview process. They need to know you will devote yourself to the job.
They make it fun with a lot of food days, contests, and things of that nature. They do a lot of fundraisers. Warren Buffet comes in a couple time a year to take photos with everyone and the GEICO bus is off the chain!

I gained excellent customer service skills, and how to be a real team player. I can honestly say that I've never seen people fighting with each other (it's a very harmonious atmosphere). The hardest part of the job is trying to get customers to look into other GEICO products, and they monitor 17 calls per month in certain departments, and you don't know which 17.

The only thing I really did not enjoy was trying to bid out to other positions---IT IS NOT AS EASY AS THEY MAKE IT SOUND IN THE INTERVIEW!!! You have to have really good scores consistently for 3 months in a row to qualify for a different position within GEICO. However, they do have hundreds of jobs to choose from so there is always room for advancement.

The managers are nice, friendly, and helpful. Most are fresh out of college. You have to have a degree in business, or have taken the core business
  more... courses in order to land a management position. I didn't think that was fair, but who am I?

You get raises "frequently", and not a quarter or a dollar. I'm talking $3000 or so at a time. Nice!

You can/will gain a lot of weight fast if you are not careful!!!!!! The food in the cafeteria is good and cheap. There is an on site cafeteria, on site gym, on site Credit Union, on site Tim Horton's, a pool table, ping pong table, and some wonderful people to work with. Overall, I really loved working there, I only left under my doctor's orders because sitting at a desk all day doesn't agree with my body.
Pros
Good people, good pay, food days and fun.
Cons
Stressful, need business degree to be a manager, possible weight gain
About this position
Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDNovember 14, 2018
Geico has weird ways of doing things. Here are they:
1.Geico keeps rotating employees and many times you end up with a lead/manager who knows nothing in the new domain. By the time they learn, they go to new team and story repeats.
2.contractor do not get parking if he is working in chevy chase. no way to park, you end up paying $14 per day at paid parking nearby. free parking is only for full timers. also contractor cannot avail carpool.
3.Geico offers contact to hire. When offered full time after 3 month contact, they offer one designation and while hiring they change the designation to some lower designation. Also salary. You are stuck because you are under the thinking that they will give what they promised, but it is not the case.
4.When offered full time, Geico benches the new hire for 2 months, WITHOUT PAY after he is selected for full time job & after 3 months of contracting. This is done in the name of background check. The new hire has no way to survive, as his/her three month contact ended and no other full time jobs in hand.
5.Geico is stingy. Do not expect complimentary coffee/tea, anything. You have to buy or bring your own coffee machine and use it in the office kitchen. Always there are 6-7 machines always there brought by employees.
6.Geico salaries are very less compared to other companies. If you are looking for competitive salary, this is not the place to be.
7.Geico is strict in timings.So people work exactly 8 hours. Many I know has second job after office, because they could not survive with one job.
Pros
safe job, time to time job
Cons
less pay, strict work timings, no free coffee/tea
Geico
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 14, 2018
Let your experience be based off your own preferences with a company, I prefer not to give my full opinion of my work experience while at GEICO. The job has its Pros and Cons
a typical day at work is full of stress
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 14, 2018
not enough pay for the job duties, which are constantly changing. The company is always adding new duties for this department but do not compensate accordingly.
great
Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 14, 2018
Great place to work. I loved the customers and the people I got to work with. Management was great. There was plenty of opportunity for me to grow and an employee.
good job
Licensed insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 14, 2018
really good job only bad thing is because u are licensed they audit phone calls everyday and it can be stressful if you aren't meeting the requirements
Fun work environment, hard metrics, overly competitive
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
The over all work environment is fun and upbeat, but the daily and monthly metrics are extremely hard to meet. Advancement is not easily done with tough metrics and competitive nature environment. Management is very unfriendly and sneaky. As a rep, you are the last one to get updates that have an impact on your daily work. The biggest downfall is there is no no grace period when clocking in. 1 minute late counts as a tardy.
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
competitive nature, hard metrics, no grace period
Availability for career advancement
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 14, 2018
Fun work environment. And if you were willing to put in the work, career advancement came easy. The job was not easy, but the support is always there if needed. If I didn't have to relocate, I would have loved to continue my career with the company.
Pros
Pay
Call center environment
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 13, 2018
Management was willing to help, but was focused on micromanagement and selling in a specific manner - including, listening to calls and grading upon if company specific phrases were spoken enough throughout the call. Additionally, any time away from your desk (ie: bathroom) is closely monitored and ridiculed.
Fast pace environment
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 13, 2018
be expecting to work in fast pace environment if you work here. The work load can be stressful but certain positions allow you to walk away from your desk to gather yourself.

The company seems to care about their employees by holding contests and other functions that are held on-site to relieve the day-to-day stress of the job. Managers have an open door policy so that makes it easier to get a resolution with any issues that you may have with your supervisor or if you just want to run something past them with an idea to make the work process smoother.
Pros
Friendly environment, work functions for the employees, on-site credit union
Cons
Work load can be over whelming, benefits are not as competitive as other companies, Pay is less than the competition for the same job
N/a
Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 12, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight