GEICO Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,747 reviews matching the search See all 2,761 reviews
Great for growth!
Emergency Road Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2018
GEICO is not like other companies, it is a lot of opportunity for an employee to grow. The only downfall for this company is that the ERS department there is no solution for your customers, there is constant conflict and the pay doesn't reflect for the conflict that you have to go through.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Stressful
I loved my job
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here and know I can go back but since I relocated their hub is too far. The office morale was great and there was a lot of room for advancement. I got 1 promotion within 1 years time. Great experience though!
GEICO Management
Sales and Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 19, 2018
The company offers amazing benefits and is the perfect place to start for your first career. You will learn a lot about business as a member in management but the salary compensation barely increases from there. There is a lot of job opportunity but most of the positions are lateral moves with no additional compensation for an increased work load. The perk of later moves is the ability to move up the next step of the ladder but the likelihood of it happening is slim to none and takes a lot of devotion to do so. The environment itself is not enjoyable and most of the employees (on all levels) are vocal of not enjoying the atmosphere or pay.
benefits
Cons
atmosphere, compensation for increased work load
Enjoyable place to work
Auto Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2018
Enjoyable place to work. Brand new to insurance industry and had lots to learn. Was able to utilize my prior customer skills to succeed in a new career/job.
Csr
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 19, 2018
Training was adequate. Unfortunately, the hours didn't fit my life. The company is experiencing great growth. Great management, they try to work with any outside factors
Pros
great culture, many work events and benefits
Cons
short breaks and lunches
High Paced Work Environment
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 19, 2018
Job was very high paced but I work with a good group of individuals who were highly supportive. Continuous training was offered and everyone work together as a true team even the managers.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Stressful because of the high pace
Very supportive work environment
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2018
While there can be some challenging goals to meet or tough problems to solve there are always people willing to help. Very collaborative environment and tons of training and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Nice office location, good benefits, great management
Best place I ever worked for
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96813April 18, 2018
GEICO is by far the best employer I have ever worked for. Definitely take care of their employees in all aspects which is why people stay there for decades (literally). Management is good, sometimes certain managers teach differently so try to stay flexible you may hear conflicting things often. Hardest part of the job is trying not to stress out and take the workload home with you. Best part about the job is the benefits and the great people you get to call your coworkers.
Pros
Awesome employees all around, great team to work with
Cons
Only one office on Kapiolani Blvd
stable but highly stressful/demanding
Auto Damage Adjuster I (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 18, 2018
very high demanding
stressful
stable, always work available
great benefits
lack of development from leadership
specific criteria for advancement
company car
micro management
Traditional call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 18, 2018
If you love the phones and being in a relaxed corporate environment then this is a perfect place. There in no real work/life balance. The benefits are great.
stressful
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 18, 2018
good work environment. the people i work with are some of the best people. you spend a lot of time with your teams. often times you spend more time with your co workers then you will with your family. It is a hard job but the management and supervisors always try their best to make sure you succeed. though advancement is hard to achieve if not degree or your performance isn't consistent. a typical day starts with phone calls and your day eds with phone calls. there is no leaving early or getting out early unless you use your sick or vacation time. this is an adult job and made to weed out the weak.
Pros
free food
Cons
long days
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 18, 2018
Full of excellent people who strive to grow and advance within the company. Supervisors want to improve your work performance and do one-on-one training and coaching for any questions or criticism.
Pros
Offers various schedules, great benefits, encourages growth
Great experience and superior training
Customer Service Representative/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 17, 2018
Geico gave me experience being an insurance underwriter. They taught me to effectively determine risks versus rates offered. If the risk was too great and there was not a rate to be offered for a particular risk I was instructed how to properly remove a customer from the books while following state guidelines. They also taught me to properly identify fraud and take action while properly following state filings rules and regulations. In addition I was taught skills that helped servicing customers. I gained experience helping customers during my time there in giving customers options to avoid adverse action. There are often options to give to customers other than simply removing them from the books. I was trained and coached by Geico in determining those risks and providing solutions that would possibly allow the risks to stay on the book of business.
Pros
Developed critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, knowledge of state rules & regulations
Cons
Micromanaging and call scripting
Collaborative, Ehtical
Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAApril 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working for GEICO. The pay was not very competitive but the environment was very fast paced and they really encouraged growth and advancement. It was a great experience working for them. I learned a lot from them.
High Stress
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 16, 2018
If you wanna work with losers go there. The work environment was pretty bad, you work in cubicles, feels like no life. You are constantly on calls and customers yelling at you.
Super Friendly
Licensed Property Casualty agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 16, 2018
The management was fantastic! I had a hard time adjusting on the phones and they worked with me really well to overcome my obsticals ! They are super caring and honestly really care about you, even the CEO and I had talked a little. They are super personable and want you to succeed.
Shouldnt have left
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 16, 2018
One of the best jobs Ive ever had. The commute was horrible but that wasnt Geioco's fault. Transition was too stressful with my job as a single mom but I think if I couldve made it past it Id be in heaven.
Great Place for Career Movement
Regional Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
The best thing about GEICO is the ability to move within departments to find a career option that is a good for you. If you are not performing well or not happy, there is always somewhere in the company you would likely enjoy.
Highly stressful workplace
Telephone Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 15, 2018
A typical day includes countless incoming and outbound calls and numerous files a day. The hardest aspect of the job is the overload in workload coupled with the sometimes unrealistic expectations for file handling.
Pros
Job security
Cons
High stress, work overload, and burnout
high stress
INSURANCE SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 15, 2018
very high stress, manager is very unapproachable with an extreme lack of people skills and constantly changes peoples work schedule. benefits are good but very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

65%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

39%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss