Geiger Employee Reviews

Work ethic and performance largely irrelevant; a company revolving around butt-kissing
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 20, 2019
Worked for Geiger as a full-time employee for a period of a little over two years. This company appears bright and shiny but upon securing employment here, it quickly becomes apparent that their "talk" is just that: talk.

The health insurance is expensive and provides poor coverage compared to similarly sized companies in the area, the managers, especially in the "Total Care" department are clique-y and addicted to favoritism, and promotions are decided almost entirely upon how much one brown-nosed their supervisor. Workers with appropriate tenure, experience, and production were routinely overlooked for promotions in favor of less experienced and productive employees because they were "friends" outside the workplace - several times managers were known to even bypass the company standard procedure of posting internal openings for employees to apply for, and instead gave promotions, and even in one case created a supervisory position out of thin air, to these "friends" without posting the position for any other employees to apply for.
Productivity goals were ambiguous and enforced/monitored seemingly at random, and management/supervisors were not shy about making it clear that certain favorite employees were entirely exempt from these standards.

The company offers a lot of non-traditional (for the area) benefits that are "cool" but you quickly realize they are the company's way of trying to compensate for the problem of an extremely poor and unprofessional roster of management level employees they largely refuse to address.

The overall work atmosphere in "Total Care"
  more... was toxic and petty, and I could not in good conscience recommend any person work here for anything more than a part time/temp/summer job, if only as a learning experience for how not to behave if one wants to be successful at any workplace not named Geiger.  less
Pros
nice office. good tertiary benefits for the area - ie, on-site gym, farmers market, etc
Cons
Awful managers and supervisors, petty, toxic atmosphere, expensive and limited health insurance
Great Company to work with
Ind Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2019
Needed a change due to my move to Las Vegas
and I m looking for a company with benefits.

I loved my partnership with Geiger. They are very respected and wonderful to work with.

Saddened to leave after 26 years.
Pros
Since 1878 Geiger Privately Held Company
Cons
No local office here in Vegas and no benefits for ind Sales.
Sales Partner
Independent Sales / Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2019
Great company culture, always working to exemplify good integrity in everything that is done. A Sales Partners job is to grow their business and provide excellent customer service to their clients, always staying in close touch with clients ensuring the highest level of service for customer satisfaction. Probably the most challenging part of the job is increasing the customer base, as we are in constant competition with other companies. The best part of the job is seeing the satisfaction of the client when we exceed their expectations.
Pros
Being an independent contractor and setting our own schedule.
childish behavior
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 6, 2019
This company let the workers that brown nose run the floors and they will lie if they don't like the co-worker or feel that they can't run over you, the supervisors talk to you like your a child and if you talk back that way to them you have an anger issue. you have to kiss butt to make it in this company.
Pros
overtime every week
Cons
childish enviorment
Family Owned & Managed
VP Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing Division (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 11, 2018
A difficult company as it is controlled by a strict family who overrides decisions made by knowledgeable employees and they get jealous of success from employees to independent sales reps..Micro-managed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
work demands
Regular warehouse work
material handler loading trucks in the shipping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30336August 22, 2018
regular warehouse environment loading trucks Low pay but relaxed work environment not a lot of room for advancement. good management team on the shipping side very Bad management on the production side
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
low pay
A bad reality show
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 13, 2018
Geiger is a cast of misfit characters. President is a goofball. COO and CIO openly hate each other. CFO would rather save a nickel than make a dollar.
Pros
Free apples during apple picking season
Cons
Boring. Boring. Boring. Turn brain off.
Great company
Marketing Distributor/Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 13, 2017
Geiger has been in business since 1878 and is one of the largest and most respected promotional product companies in the industry.

I am an independent distributor -- so no salary or HR benefits. Great manager, lots of competition as online sales increase.

I am ready for a change from independent to employee.
met alot of people from all over the world
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2016
I learned a lot from Geiger as it was my first real job.I started at 19 years old without any experience and advanced from shipping loader to shipping clerk, and department lead. I got the opportunity to work with a lot of people with different ethic backgrounds
Fast pace, room for advancement
Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 26, 2015
I ran four different machines. I enjoyed learning how to operate them, I was a book binder in the manufacturing department. They were willing to train me. My co-workers were awesome people to get to know. Management was will to help in anyway they could. Hardest part of my job was learning the machines. Most enjoyable part of my job was when I finished an order completely and everything was perfect on the order.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
how hot it could be in the summer
Most enjoyable place I have ever worked
Production Manager/Supervisor, Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lake Mills, WIAugust 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and the atmosphere. It was very laid back and everyone was willing to help you out if you ran into problems. The pay scale was extremely fair.
Pros
pay and people
Cons
worked a lot of saturdays
sales
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 29, 2015
called people about ordering new calendars or schedulers for the upcoming year as well as took phone orders for other companies.
Great working environment
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 11, 2015
It was truly a great experience to have worked here for over six years, as my first job in the legal industry. I attained great skills and knowledge which I still put to use today.
Good Place to work with Great Owners
Multi Machine Operater (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 13, 2014
All I can say is I miss my job and all the people that Respected what I did for them, I had many years of Security with this Company and they treated me well.
Pros
Great Culture, In house Gym, Nice people
Cons
No A/C in the Summer
Friendly place to work
Gangstitch worker (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 7, 2013
Worked on Gangstitch machine with a crew of five.Jim Blye was the supervisor over us ,a very good boss. Assembled Farmers Almanacs and checked for quality.Friendly place to work enjoyed.working there.
Productive Family ran business
Cell Leader/ Multi-Machine Operator/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 22, 2013
High pace environment, Great group of people to work with. Spent over 20 years and enjoyed everyday of it.
My time at Geiger
Pricing & Vendor Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewiston MaineJuly 15, 2013
My time at Geiger has been a successful and beneficial relationship. I can not say enough about the Geigers' themselves and while it would be sad to depart, I feel it is time to move forward. If you wish to know any specifics please call me for a personal interview to discuss.

Many Thanks
Great Learning expereince
Intern, Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 19, 2012
Worked with numerous professionals across business lines gathering experience and learning from their practices.