At Geisinger, you don’t have to put your life on hold to move healthcare forward. Living in Pennsylvania and working at a nationally recognized system, you’ll have opportunities to deliver innovative patient care, while enjoying a work/life balance that gives you time to explore everything the outdoors has to offer. This is a place where you can get more out of life and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors – at home and across the country.
For over a century, Geisinger has created easy access to healthcare for our friends and neighbors in Pennsylvania. Living and working here, you’ll join one of our tight-knit communities, and experience a quality of life you can’t get elsewhere. You’ll have opportunities to better your life and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors – at home and across the country.
Our award-winning work and culture make Geisinger a place of enormous opportunity:
1. Geisinger ranked in the top eight most innovative hospital systems, 2020 – Becker’s Hospital Review
2. Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles Award, 2019 – National Business Group on Health
3. Top Military Friendly Employer, 2020 – Viqtory
4. Magnet Recognition – We’re proud to have achieved Magnet status three times at Geisinger Medical Center, and once at Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital, Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, and Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre. We continue to promote Magnet qualities across our organization.
Enjoy fresh air, short commutes, a lower cost of living and tight-knit communities in various regions across Pennsylvania. With over 121 state parks, Pennsylvania is a playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Activities you can partake in include:
• Mountain biking
In communities across the state, you’ll experience a significantly lower cost of living than in nearby cities, meaning you’ll be able to provide a better quality of life for you and your family with perks that include:
• Affordable housing
• Cafés, coffee houses, and local restaurants
• Groceries & farmer’s markets
Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York City and Washington, D.C. are all within a few hours’ drive of our locations. You’ll have easy access to arts and culture including:
• Live music
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you. – less