Geisinger Employee Reviews

Worst
Host (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 6, 2018
I would never recommend this job to anyone. The drama from management to hostess is never ending. The job is stressful majority of the time. Everything is scheduled out which if you run late, don’t expect a break. The work loaf is awful and if you’re a host, you have the worst job in the entire kitchen. You can have up to 60 patients depending on what floor(s) you work and there is times when you work more than 1 floor. There is favoritism and if you’re not a favorite, expect to be treated horribly. If you get sick and call off, expect it to be held against you by everyone. It’s best if you want to work here, to not speak to anyone, do the full 6 month contract and transfer to another department. Everything is personal there. The drama and the gossip. There is no confidentiality. Management will talk and tell others. They set the tone and that’s what you get from everyone. Beware!
Pros
The days off
Cons
Nothing is free, Drama 24/7, Management, the workload
Staff is awesome and everyone is always willing to help another staff member out. Friendly staff
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Orwigsburg, PADecember 4, 2018
Very fast paced family practice with 9 providers plus X-ray, lab and cardiology department. Alot to do at front desk and not always enough time in the day to get it done. Short staffed at the moment.
Pros
Accommodating with personal appointments outside office, Able to see physicians on site if you are sick, Very pleasant employees.
Cons
Office manager is not to informative on office news, Sometimes she doesn't always seem to understanding just exactly what all the front desk jobs entail.
It's a job
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, WYDecember 2, 2018
It was an alright place to work. There was little communication between the shift managers which made things complicated. They definitely didn't pay enough for the things you had to do.
Pros
Required lunch and breaks. Good benefits
Cons
Nurses were mean for no reason. It's a rough job
A place to learn and grow
Organizational Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 29, 2018
While there, the new CEO, David Feinberg, brought tremendous emphasis on creating an environment where all were respected and serving others. Good eclectic population among employees from all over the world.
Great place to work!
Operations Manager of Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 28, 2018
I am currently employed at Geisinger and it is a great place to be! Great leadership, coworkers all work as a team and wonderful benefits. I have been given the tools needed to be a great leader!
High Quality Patient Care Hospital.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gcmc ScrantonNovember 26, 2018
Excellent environment to work. High quality patient care. Continue education for employees at very low cost through out tuition Reimbursement. Five star hospital.
Nice place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 19, 2018
I loved this job. My co-workers were like a second family to me. I enjoyed what I did everyday and it was rewarding. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the deaths at the facility and talking to the families of the deceased.
Pros
Rewarding work
Good place to work, Poor advancement
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 15, 2018
Geisinger, overall, is a good place to work. The issues are that departments are constantly understaffed and there isn't and plan for progression through the company.
not a fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 14, 2018
Managers have no clue whatsoever how to do the job that I was hired for.

Cut throat, petty, uneducated managers.

Nothing nice to say whatsoever!!!
Cons
Geisinger provided challenging position, advancement opportunity, competitive salary, memorable friendships.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 13, 2018
Geisinger is one of the best companies in the area for job security and personal growth and satisfaction. My salary and benefits were more than satisfactory. I would recommend Geisinger as an excellent employer.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No cons, as long as you are willing to work hard
My work exp. at Geisinger
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Geisinger as I had the opportunity to collaborate with people from different departments. Geisinger truly lives up to its mission, its all about providing the best patient care to our patients.
Pros
collaborative, competitive, rapid change
Cons
stressful, low pay, job security
Productive and fun place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PANovember 12, 2018
Everyday was a good day at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. Fast pace working environment in the emergency room.Almost all of the employee were friendly and worked well together.
Pros
Amazing Co-workers
Cons
Weekends
It's easy going
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  CaresiteNovember 7, 2018
The work is not hard it's just a lot of standing for long hours and heavy lifting
Work closely with older people and Doctors and nurses you are also working with the public which can sometimes can be difficult.
My first job as a new nurse
RN staff nurse Level III NICU (Former Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 5, 2018
I worked at Geisinger for my first year out of school and was given a very good foundation to carry in my 34 years of NICU and pediatric nursing. I still keep in touch with nurses from there and feel a special bond.
Pros
Very warm and inviting environment to learn and grow.
Cons
intense for a new grad but this helped me grow as a nurse and a person.
career advancement
IDX, SMS, Epic, Teaching Physician (Current Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 2, 2018
No room for advancement when you have a degree in some departments. And the pay isn't comparible with other companies. The benefits are not that bad.
Great place to work, room for advancement.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PANovember 1, 2018
Checking patients in and out, ordering and releasing lab tests, venipuncture, processing specimens. Answering phones. Experience with kronos, epic, sunquest.
Pros
Everyone works well together. I love the patients and being a phlebotomist
RN (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PA 18510October 26, 2018
Enjoy working in a busy ED. Never know what will come next. Makes the day interesting and exciting! I have worked here for 16 years. Family like atmosphere.
Extremely poor training, cold management
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Danville paOctober 26, 2018
Contractor and they treat you like scum. Extremely poor training, sooo much to learn, and even though they knew the trainer was horrible, they didnt ca re and expected you to know everything. Cold management, want u to sound like a robot on phones, their phone and systems constantly freezing and they are aware but dont care. And dont give you any guidence, or answer your questions, non stop emails with changes and or corrected pdf, list, and everything imaginable that you cant keep track off, and no time to read all of it! Throw you on the phone when not properly trained and expect you to be able to answer and explain everything, very frustratinf and stressful job! Throw you in a room with bunch of other ppl that smell, pass gas and all talking on phones at same time and you cant even hear your person you have on the phone.Its pretty bad when elderly members on the phone are telling you its really loud.. If you are not an asskisser they dont want you. Like the employees but too many backstabbers there to. Wouldnt recommend this place to anyone. Ridiculous dress codes to. Hated the place. And the traffic is horrific! Liked talking to members on the phone, most of them very sweet.
Pros
Members. Some co workers
Cons
All of it
Poor management
Foodservice (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 25, 2018
Management takes advantage of their workers. If you say no to something because you have something else going on they get mad. I had maybe schedule changed so I couldn’t work at my other job because I wouldn’t stay for 12 hours shifts anymore.
Great place to work, endless opportunities.
Other Experience (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 23, 2018
Worklife balance is on point. The benefits and time off cannot be beat. The opportunity within the system is endless. Honestly I can't say enough about Geisinger. It's a great place to work. I'm proud to tell people where I work and try to help them get a job here.
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geisinger. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight