Geisinger Employee Reviews

Food Services Hostess (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 22, 2018
I've only been working at Geisinger for about 10 months. In that time I've been given 3 raises and am able to set a schedule that fits my needs week to week.
Good Place to work part time
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 12, 2018
This was a good part time job. If you are looking for a part time job this would be the place to work. They also give you the option to work more hours.
good
MRI technologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 10, 2018
Good place to work with good job security. Some departments could be paid a little more competitively but salaries are reasonable. Staffing can sometimes be an issue. Overall good
Decent job for this area
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 9, 2018
I appreciate the opportunity to work for Geisinger because this is the only company that pays decent, but they expect your work/life balance to be out of whack. That's what i do not appreciate from this company.
Pros
Pay is better than most in this area
Cons
work/life balance
Challenging and educational
Appointment Secretary (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 3, 2018
I learned a lot in time employee there. Was a lot to learn in terms of scheduling appointments. Just not enough hours to accommodate my needs financially
Nice place to work
Continues to trend in a downward direction.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 2, 2018
The culture continues to trend in a downward direction. If we would follow best practices and do what we say we would be great again but we do not.
The lack of accountability really hurts the company. Lack of desire to do what needs to be done. The environment is very much focused on discipline instead of coaching. Promotion of low performers have created a low performing culture.
Pros
Discounted pharmacy
Cons
Poor leadership
Great team work
CBX operator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 1, 2018
My co-workers worked as a team to meet patients request's. Management was excellent and very helpful to our needs to get over our job done above and beyond.
Good benefits. good coworkers.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 30, 2018
That's about all of the good there was to speak of working in the lab. Lack of communication between workers and management. Constantly understaffed which meant more hours/longer hours. Hiring freezes just added to the problem. No moving up unless you've spent a lifetime there. Wonderful coworkers made the job tolerable and even fun at times.
Cons
Unpaid lunch break, which was mandatory to take.
Fast paced Med-Surg unit.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 30, 2018
A typical evening at work on a Med-Surg unit is just as fast paced as a day shift. I truly think that it has been the hardest job I have had due to the pace. The Nursing staff is outstanding and that has been the motivating force for me at work, if the Nurses can deal with sick, cranky patients, then I can do my best to make their jobs a little easier. The Nursing staff is outstanding.
Pros
Hard working, careing co-workers.
Cons
I felt useful and enjoyed the mental creativity the job allowed
Clerical/ computer assistant to Call Center Staff (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PASeptember 28, 2018
I learned a lot on their computer programs and was always part of the department's issues or achievements, did mainly clerical support to the call center to a full time clerical person, handling correspondence, maintained/re-created daily/weekly/monthly/annual reports to track productivity and sent itemized receipts to customers upon request. I did not utilize phone for customer issues nor was it ever persued by me or even needed. I believe the staff respected me and my wish not to pursue a new career, but to be helpful in daily procedures and projects
Pros
flexible days and hours because of SSDI limits and illness/emergencies
Cons
attitude of some co-workers, some uneventful days
Over all I liked working for Geisinger.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PASeptember 25, 2018
Over all I like Geisinger but like any big corroeration they are all about numbers. Basis was CICARE but managements never really emplimented it. We had online training constantly which I feel would be better to do once a year Jen for classroom other than removing staff from the floor and leaving department shorthanded
Secure
Wellness Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PASeptember 23, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits....Lewistown Hospital is a family atmosphere. CEO cares about what the employee has to say and try's to accommodate any issues that arise.
na
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 20, 2018
during my 8 years at Geisinger I have learned a lot. However, with current changes with the phone system it is hard to do my job. I now have both physicians and patients yelling at me for something that isn't in my control. This job is stressful.
benefits
Cons
not enough physicians
Diet Office Supervisor
DIET OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 17, 2018
Bringing bombarded with petty issue's and not so petty issues. Try to handle them right away. I feel like a yoyo with being told be harder be softer for discipline. Its very hard to see the good in my job right now.
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkes Barre PASeptember 17, 2018
Good place to work and would recommend it to others. Good starter job to have or for someone getting into the work place again with not much experience.
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
short breaks
Grest place!
Nursing assistant/UDC/Telemetry tech (Former Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 16, 2018
I began my nursing job here and immediately felt needed and appreciated. Staff started leaving after new CEO came in and riled things up a bit. Any floor I was pulled to, they were accepting fpt the extra help.
Pros
They are your family.
Cons
Nurse/patient ratio very poor
productive, fast pasted
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 15, 2018
Geisinger is a good company to work in and the management team is nice and thoughtful. the workers there are friendly and really help each other if you are falling behind in your area of the department.
Pros
decent hours, decent break times
Cons
healthcare
Large Hospital with many talented doctors, nurses and staff who work hard to provide the best care possible.
Registered Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 14, 2018
Talented and hardworking staff who strive to give patients the best care possible. Teaching hospital which gives not only physicans, but also other support staff the availability to learn and broaden their skills.
Let's hope the grass is greener somewhere else?!
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  GMCSeptember 13, 2018
Excellent benefit package initially but new hires have become more compensated than seasoned employees (higher baseline pay, more incentives, student loan forgiveness, etc).

In my current position, I will say that we have had a very poor management team, high volume schedule which leads to poor quality care, under staffed with a high turn over rate and overall most of my colleagues (and myself) are burnt out. Despite raising concerns, no one has seemed to try and rectify the problems. This is also in spite of our company's mission of "caring" for both patients and employees.

Best part of my job: schedule and co-workers.
Hardest part: management's expectation to "do more, see more."
Great place to work.
Customer Service Teller (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PASeptember 12, 2018
Loved my time at Geisinger. Would recommend employment. Very flexible. Family oriented. Goal driven environments. Room for advancements. Caring for all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geisinger. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight