Geisinger Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PAApril 29, 2018
Jersey Shore Hospital was great place to work until Geisinger took over and took away positions they promised they would not. Lack of concern for long term employees thay didnt fit into the Geisinger way.
Favoritism and lack of advancement
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 17, 2018
If you have a life before working here, you wont have one soon after. Every department is pretty much short staffed and the rules and guidelines for personal time are laughable at best. Geisinger only cares for their patients, not the ones providing care or assistance.
Pros
great friendships, lots of walking
Cons
no lunch discount, horrible management, overpriced everything, no advancement
Good pay but poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 15, 2018
The pay was fairly decent however management is terrible. There's no communication and the hospital really needs updated. It's very dingy and old looking. Nurses on the floor are not very helpful and can be rude. You accumulate PTO rather quickly so that was nice. I don't know if there were enough positives to out weigh the negatives though.
Pros
Good pay, Pto
Cons
Poor management and communication
Unsafe staff ratios
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camp HillMarch 12, 2018
Staff to patient ratios are unsafe for both patients and staff. Management for the floors were never available and would never assist when short. They were the first to leave for the day no matter how swamped the nurses were. Confidentiality never occurred in the office. Rest assured your buisness would be spread. Office positions were given to friends and not qualified staff.
Pros
Floor staff was truly a working team together
Cons
Management, nurse/patient ratios
Geisinger has provided a great professional experience.
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 5, 2018
Working at Geisinger has helped improve my technology skills and professional growth. Maangement has provided informative training as well as access to knowledgeable mentors who are always willing to help me when I need it.
Terrible management
RN (Former Employee) –  WB PaFebruary 21, 2018
Fast paced ER with some great coworkers. The management is awful. The Nurse Manager is uneducated and clueless. Most days there aren't any breaks or lunches.
Unwilling to negotiate salary
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 3, 2018
Very stressful environment, unorganized and ineffective orientation. Does not pay for license or dea which are required to work. Did not keep promises after hiring occurred
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours.
Poor Management
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Current Management is not working with staff. Responsibilities are being removed without employees being spoken to about their performance. Tension and stress due to uncertainty in job security.
Horrible!
EHR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 24, 2018
Very sad to see the effects Geisinger has had on Holy Spirit. Geisinger is NOT concerned about the patient. It is all about the money now. Eliminating this toxic position from my life has been the best choice I have ever made.
VERY poor place to work.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJanuary 22, 2018
VERY poor management. Will never go back to dietary again. Especially rude to girls.guys got away with everything. Was the worst place to work for ever. It was nice pay, that was the only good thing about it. People love to run their mouth about you. Alot of drama. Alot of the staff is rude to your because your only dietary. If they would get rid of the two bosses I probably would go back.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
It was horrible working there
Manager (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Geisinger is overall a great place to work. As with anywhere, it depends on what department your in and your experience may vary. However, I have been happy and most of the folks I work with or are acquainted with are happy at Geisinger.
Not a good place for nursing!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Horrible managers who lack experience, they are simple puppet figures for the higher management. The pay is ok, and its a nice facility... but expect to be a number treated like garbage!
Poor place but great people
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Geisinger is a large corporation that is more worried about numbers and not parients. Staff is treated poorly and over worked. One must get along well with others or you will be stepped on and forced from your position quickly. Geisinger is a great place for learning and education advancement. Benefits are excellent, but truly not worth the stress and hassle one receives from upper management and the long hours that are made mandatory on the work schedule.
Pros
Education advancing
Cons
Poor work environment
Trending in the Right Direction
Finance (Current Employee) –  Danville, PADecember 15, 2017
Geisinger is a good place to work. The pay and benefits are fair and comparable to its competitors. However, many employees are discontent and thus create a poor work environment.

Overall, new management appears to be righting the ship and taking Geisinger in a positive direction.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Discontent Employees
Challenging and fast paced
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical CenterDecember 12, 2017
In the Lab, every day is different when speaking of the workload. Always fast paced and time sensitive but enjoyable. The workday always flew by. Management acted high and mighty and unapproachable. The culture is very much clique oriented that infects even upper management. If you can't play well with others, you will be forced to quit by one way or another. The main thing I learned at Geisinger: anyone is replaceable.
Pros
lab week
Cons
poor management
A thankless position
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waverly, PANovember 23, 2017
Working in a department that always seems to be down on staffing, currently down five staff members, the same output of work is expected from the department as a whole. Employees have resorted to coming in early, staying late, or coming in on Saturday's to make sure that their job is complete, otherwise they're getting asked about their time management skills and their competency is being questioned. This atmosphere is only contributing to the turnover with more people leaving. Historically when people leave it's "not in the budget" to replace them right away leaving the department open to losing more competent clinicians.
Pros
Good benefits with insurance and time off, a well maintained workspace, strong focus on patient care
Cons
Demanding department, understaffed, high turnover/burnout rate, high variations in pay
Great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 11, 2017
It was a great place to work for but it was a contracted job. The people are very nice to work with and the managers are welcoming. I would reccommend this job to anyone.
Productive and fun work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 11, 2017
Our office consists of 90% women with many different personalities. Although we have many differences we all have a common bond in helping our patients and each other any way we can. Team work makes the dream work. The hardest part of my job is telling a patient we don't have any opening available to see them today or I'm sorry I have to reschedule your appointment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team and getting to help people in need.
Pros
Great benefits, caring managers
Cons
Short breaks
Great team of workers but very poor management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 12, 2017
I was able to improve my professional skills at Geisinger, however the lack of appropriate staff (which is a typical problem in all healthcare, but this was extraordinary), poor management, and the need of more equipment and supplies made the job very difficult especially when trying to live up to Geisingers' wanted standards for quality care.
Pros
Good people, decent pay, and good benefits.
Cons
Poor management, lack of attention to patient and employee needs.
It felt like one big "Family"
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Port Matilda, PASeptember 20, 2017
I love my job and helping the patients everyday indirectly! I assist multiple staff in my role including doctors, techs, patients, family members, etc.