Geisinger
61Average

Geisinger Employee Reviews

United States911 reviews
Favoritism ran this job. Unless you sucked up to the boss you would never move up. Job was stressful due to phone system and software never working correctly. Always got calls misrouted to us and customers were furious because appts go out months. Pay was actually good and hours were too but wasn’t worth dealing with everything else
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Favoritism, stressful
Management is great, very helpful. Benefits are good. Friendly work atmosphere. Would highly recommend for new graduate nurses, good orientation process.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
I have been a Geisinger Health System employee for five years. There have been many opportunities afforded to me. Additional information upon request.
Service line leadership doesn't care about work life balance, it's all about making money and access.
Senior leadership appears to be better, but appearances can be deceiving. We do not know what goes on behind closed doors. At least I still have a job to pay my bills.

My coworkers and team are amazing.
Pros
Best team ever
Cons
Corporate medicine atmosphere
great pay and benefits. Pto is accumulated fast, never allowed to use it. Management has no idea what goes on in the clinics. Lots of favoritism, to many lazy workers who are allowed to get away with it
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
your are a number only
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I would prefer not to include what I think at the moment. However, over the past 22 years working for the same organization, it is just time for a change.
good
Management sucked they were biased and give you no reasoning was not properly trained by who I was supposed to be by. Coworkers & patients we’re great
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, picking on you
I have a lot to offer but often felt like my experience and clinical expertise was always overlooked or a threat .They have unfair assignments for float pool nurses incivility and backbiting .They eat their young !The Manager of the Critical Care Unit is bias and blind to the divisive ways of incompetent Charge Nurse’s. With better management it would be A+
Pros
Built to last and able to deliver excellence. Great Doctors!
Cons
Unfair assignments!
The clinic itself was great, the company was not very caring through a time when it was needed the most for everyone through this pandemic
I enjoyed working with the staff and my manager was great at the clinic
Bullying and discrimination. And managers and supervisors has their favorites who can do whatever they like. If managers and supervisors don't like you they do anything to try to get rid of you. Also once your in EVS there is no growth they try to hold you back from leaving the department for something better
This is a facility with far too many managers and little accountability for the actions of department heads and managers other than profit management.
Behaviors of managers approach personality disorders at times and the events get swept under the rugs.
Work was satisfying and rewarding. The vast majority of co-workers were professional and pleasant to work with. There was a very fast turnover in my department. More work than could be completed by the few who remained.
Pros
Enjoyed helping others.
Cons
Pay was lower than other institutions in the philadelphia area.
Geisinger does not, what so ever, care about anyone who works for them.
Management incentives to short staff their floors.

Do not apply, do not waste your talent
Cons
The entire healthcare system
They have no problem to replace anyone at any time they don't care about you. It's all about them making money. Poor management. No respect for anyone.
When cleaning the patient rooms, seeing them sick or when a patient has passed away and they are still in the room while you have to clean the other side where the patient was moved
I enjoy working at Geisinger. I have been able to make connections with patients and their families, and also with the staff members. I was young when I started working at Geisinger, and the staff sort of took me under their wing's and made me feel very welcoming.
I enjoyed my position very much. It was extremely rewarding. I loved my staff and working around the patients. I was part of the management team but found it had a lot to be desired and needs much improvement. I was offered another position outside of Geisinger and I decided to take it.
I always felt like my manager and coworkers cared. Great company! Stand by their mission and motives. They do paid training and compensate you whenever they feel it is necessary.
Hard work, but you will get lots of experience. There will always be some locations that are more friendly than others, but that is the same at any job. It really is a good place to work, the pay could be a little better & it would be great if the benefits were free, or cheaper but.....
Being able to meet and interact with new people everyday is different. New people to meet everyday you work. If you like to interact with people from different backgrounds, it's nice.
Pros
Meet new people everyday
Cons
No work/life balance
New employee, a lot of "qliques". As an old new nurse feel left out and to fend on my own. It's been a while since I've worked in a hospital but they don't care. They feel my experience level should tell me what to do. Alot of gossiping behind my back. I was so excited to start this new job and now I cry on my to and from work everu shift. S
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geisinger. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight