Gem Ambulance

Gem Ambulance Employee Reviews

United States53 reviews

transporthourpatientemployeeschedulelongpayday

Meh

It's an ok job just long hours. Some of the higher ups needs to go. But that's every anywhere. Just come in do your job go home. You will be ok, just do what's needs to be done. I my self not a fan of the direction we're the company is going.

Pros

Pay

If your looking for a place to evolve this is not the place to work

This place sucks especially management they don’t respect their workers. You get treated like trash. You can never evolve. They just want you to work

Pros

Flexiable

Cons

Everything especially Delaware management

Gem Ambulance insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Management is Toxic

No viable training is provided for inside staff; EMT's are trained well but not customer service or dispatch. When hired they will try you out-most folks don't make it. There is no substantive training program for inside office staff.

Pros

The salary is good with OT

Cons

Toxic work environment terrible management inside office

I’d rather work on a landfill than here

Horrible place to work for they act like they care but they don’t. All they care is about money and not their employees or the patients that they suppose to transport.

Pros

Your day off if you get one

Cons

They work you to death

A Lot of Turnover Management Doesn't Care

Management refuses to pay a decent wage, or respect driver's work/life balance at all. Any requests for flexibility are met with threats of termination.

Pros

it's a job

Cons

long hours, little money, high stress

A lot of the employees have been there for years

Its better than most jobs and so far they've worked with me with being a single mom. Having trouble with child care. They let me take the time I needed. I also like the office space. Training can be hard once you learn the information you get the hang of it. The work itself is also rewarding.

Pros

Clean environment and they get you a cake for your birthday and sometimes buy lunch.

Cons

The pay and time off and the point system

Emt life

Minimal trucks on the road covering the entire state. Good company for a newer EMT for routine transport and patient activity. Contracted locations for emergencies.

Physically exhausting yet emotionally fulfilling

The requirement to lift, carry, and transport patients can be physically draining but at the end of the day knowing that I was able to make a difference in someone's life was indescribably rewarding.

Just bad

Apply here if you like to stay late every day, never get a raise, take back-to-back calls all day, and see the worst of what EMS has to offer. Try out dispatch, and get berated every day by the poor EMTs you have no choice but to run ragged to keep up with the avalanche of work that management takes on with no concern for inadequate resources and staffing. Stay far away from gem ambulance.

Horrible

Stay far away from this place. Unfair hours, no lunch breaks, always late to calls, no chance of advancement. Always off late, night crew is preferred by dispatch over day crews.

Relaxed enviorment

First the pay is a little light. The job for myself was rewarding and relaxed. I enjoyed communication with the patients I would transfer. Driving was OK as long as they did not push the time frame you needed to be on the road in any one day.

Very good hours and pay. Will work with your schedule and make sure you can live and work comfortably. A very tight knit and supportive company, Gem Ambulance makes sure it's employees are happy and healthy!

Good first job

Through out my experience at Gem Ambulance the job as presented itself as okay. It is a good paying job for students right out high school. I would recommend as a first job.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

No lunch break

The good bad and ugly

Gem is a good place to work for if your starting out in EMS they lack a management system that will actually back their road crews it’s a transport job so if your actually looking to make a difference a good majority of the time your partner isn’t you can clearly tell whose there to work and whose there to get a paycheck

low pay but laid back

dispatch is clueless but you can deal with it. the hardest part is the company dose not stand by you when you have disgruntal clients they throw you under the bus to save their rep every time

Great Place to Work

GEM Ambulance is a thriving transportation company and I did love working there. They treat their employees very well, and the pay is competitive for this area.

Pros

Great pay, flexible scheduling, Pto, always options for overtime, great staff, managers treat everyone as family.

Cons

Wishing they would get into 911, but heard that could be coming soon.

Worst company ever

Lack of care for employees. Management is horrible. Your just a body to them not a person. Health insurance is way to expensive. Always held over and then brought back in less then 8 hours later.

productive for me cause i saw my patients aand they wrere very appreciative of me

did not feel appreciated i worked myself off to the point of no extent and it was not recognized i loved my patients my patient loved me but the company was located in lakewood nj and i worked out of the pensauken nj office , all big bosses worked out of the lakewood office and never saw the great things i did for the company even tho that didnt stop me at all!

Avoid at all costs

The flexible schedule is great. But the pay is really low, it takes a long time to find out who is in charge of what. So half the time if you have a issue you dont know who to go to. You can drive all over the state,while other drivers are posted all day. DISPATCHERS PLAY FAVORITES. be prepared to be late to almost every call and then get yelled at by the facility and patient,even though it's not your fault dispatch sent you from north Jersey all the way down to the shore during rush hour. Dispatch will tell the facilities it's your fault you were late even when it wasnt. Trucks are constantly breaking down. THIS JOB IS NOT WORTH ALL THE NONSENSE YOU HAVE TO PUT UP WITH.

Pros

Flexie schedule

Do not work here

do not work for gem unless you enjoy being abused by the dispatchers and higher up management. gem is not on your side and could care less of their employees.

Pros

scheduling flexibility, overtime

Cons

the whole company

Good if you're new the EMS world

I started out with GEM as my 1st EMS job. Its honestly what you make of it. I found a nice spot working overnight (6p-6a) with some awesome co workers.

Pros

Freedom and you get to travel throughout the state

Cons

poor management

Common questions about Gem Ambulance

Answered by current and former employees at Gem Ambulance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gem Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Gem Ambulance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?